Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16297 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

Please be a little bit reasonable.
Oil and good management is the reason for their development not religion.

No!, people are the reason while we are developing.

Oman has no oil. However I can't say d same for the Atheist empire of North Korea.
"people are the reason we are developing"- what does that mean Every country whether developed or not has people. The halt on human rituals, sacrifice of twins, propagation of education, promotion of monogamy are little out of the many things Christianity did for naija and It is more than what atheism can ever do..
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dalamama:

Lies. So all the people killing and destroying Nigeria are atheist right? Well done.

Excuse me sir ...

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Dalamama: 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Excuse me sir ...

What is this thrash from christian propagandist sites? Take it and shove it up your behind. According to your bible your God drowned the entire world killing everything and everyone. It is this same God you want people to worship as a God entity. How you reason is totally beyond me.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by claremont(m): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world, it is also one of the most corrupt and insecure countries in the world. It says a lot, a whole lot.

3 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dalamama:

What is this thrash from christian propagandist sites? Take it and shove it up your behind. According to your bible your God drowned the entire world killing everything and everyone. It is this same God you want people to worship as a God entity. How you reason is totally beyond me.

Lmao !!! Are you denying the over 200 million deaths caused by atheists in just 100 years ? Or are just completely ignorant?

According to atheists , there is no good or evil . I've seen many atheists praise the communist governments for the killing of religious people.

Since you claim there is no good or evil , why are you complaining ?

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
claremont:
Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world, it is also one of the most corrupt and insecure countries in the world. It says a lot, a whole lot.

What does it say ? Because there is no where that says being religious makes you godly . Religion is different from godliness
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by LordOfNaira: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statsocial:

So Nigeria is more religious than Saudi Oman Qatar

I say Christianity is the reason we are actually developing .

I laugh at the bold. You must have had one too many to write something like that.

Nigeria is more religious than the three countries you listed above. Also, the three countries are monarchies and joined together, their population is not as much as Nigeria's. Then talking about Saudi Arabia, they make a lot from religion (through tourism). They are wise to make money and the government is not selfish with distributing wealth among itself and its population. But in Nigeria, we practice other people's religions even more than the owners. In a Gallup findings, the ten poorest states in the United States are also the most religious. In the world, the richest countries, except Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, etc, whose wealth are properly managed and there is zero tolerance for corruption, show me one country, especially in Africa, that appear on that list.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by gGGODDd(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

Am proudly Atheist bro but d ish is that I never get to meet my kind arnd here, seems we ain't much, not surprised tho, this a 3rd world country wer pple still refer 2 d sky as god while other new world countryz r increasing in technologies, econony n innovations. that side there shud b atheist union wer we get to meet ourselves n discuss on how to set d enslaved souls free.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Dalamama: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!! Are you denying the over 200 million deaths caused by atheists in just 100 years ? Or are just completely ignorant?

According to atheists , there is no good or evil . I've seen many atheists praise the communist governments for the killing of religious people.

Since you claim there is no good or evil , why are you complaining ?

According to theist there is no good or evil only what their God tells them. I've seen many theist praise mass murderers for killing unbelievers. When have I ever said that there is no good or evil? More lies from you as always.

You complain about atheist killers but want people to believe in a God that allegedly drowned all human beings and is still going to burn over 70% of them in helll because they belong to other religions and disbelieve in him abi. You are funny dude. How you reason in such a very silly way is truly beyond me.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statsocial:

Oman has no oil. However I can't say d same for the Atheist empire of North Korea.
Wait, are we talking about the same "Oman".
Where did you get this "fact" from?
By the way the key point i expected you take from there was resources and people to manage them well.

"people are the reason we are developing"- what does that mean
If land is without beings, would there be any sign of development there?
When you talk about development in places don't you usually point to the works of people.
Now this development varies according to the ability and activities of people, comprendre?

Every country whether developed or not has people.
Wow, nice to know. shocked grin
The halt on human rituals, sacrifice of twins, propagation of education, promotion of monogamy are little out of the many things Christianity did for naija and It is more than what atheism can ever do..
This is just a case of people influencing a place with their pattern of reasoning where this reasoning in this case is based on the Bible.

Another example using your same scenario is when this same Christians took it further by converting our ancestors to "Christian slaves" and saw nothing wrong with it. Do you also accept this practice as a benefit Nigerians got from the early Christians also?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by olaztek(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Investnow2017:

Why will you "just swallow a belief"? If it is beyond human comprehension, then was that belief actually meant for humans? Does that make sense to you? This is one reason why some now lose faith in God thinking he doesnt even exist. WHY WILL YOU JUST SWALLOW A BELIEF. Sit back and think, does that make sense to you that God will make you believe something that is beyond human comprehension!
This is the aspect of religion that some cannot reconcile with.

Like some will say Trinity means God the father God the son and God the holy ghost and that these three are One and not three. When you ask how can 1+1+1 = 1 and not 3. They easily say it is a mystery! Foolish. If it is a mystery now that it has been revealed to you does it still remain a mystery? It is either the belief is unsubstatiable or it is against all rationale thinking spurious.

This is one great reason that everyone should make the effort to STUDY THE SCRIPTURES. Those are the utterances of the Source of Life and its teachings are True and verifiable.
Jesus said he would not go into teaching what he knows we will not comprehend. John chapter 3.

One of the pillars of Islam is to believe in the unseen which include ALLAH, the angels, demons, paradise and hell fire. There's is no how we can fully understand the way they were described in the glorious Quran as we cannot see them and that makes them beyond our reasoning. The problem is that many people believe in the "seen is believing" fact which is wrong when it comes to matters of religion. That's why Islam as a religion is a test to mankind to differentiate the believers from the unbelievers. And the major reason hell is created to punish the unbelievers (for their disbelief) and paradise created to reward the believers (for their belief).
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

I so much agree with your general blessings but your exclusively reserved blessing is a no no
1.God loves everybody, he created us right? then he has no reason to hate his creations
2.explain to me how dying a Muslim is a blessing? being a Muslim is a just you born to a Muslim family, by that you have a higher chance of dying a Muslim
3.I can't comment on that...cause I believe you can't sin god you only sin your fellow humans
4.Being a guidance to others is a just a natural thing to some and some its their work(guidance and counseling is a course in some university remember) how is that a blessing?
5.I don't believe in the after life
NOTE....am an ex Muslim but certainly not an atheist
Well my post is only meant to correct the OP flawed insinuation that Islam/Muslims have such world views as Christians.
Those blessings I listed as exclusive reserve for believers they are as simply believed by Muslims.
All vanity is useless if you don't use it to make paradise.
And if you paid attention when you were a Muslim you must have come across verses in the Quran where Allah declared that he does not love those who disbelieve and that he loves those who believe are pure and they seek forgiveness.
Basically God loves all His creations, but when they disobey he hates them. At the end even punishes them.
You don't have to believe what I have listed as blessings, but this is what Muslims believe. As I mentioned earlier, this thread is claiming to buttress what Muslims and Christians alike believe in terms of those blessings.
Good luck with your faith) or lack thereof) you are fully responsible for your actions.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
this thread just came as a relief to my pain.. I had a quarrel with my boss at the place where I am doing my IT simply because her vice told her that I'm atheist.
the quarrel nor be here oo, she said I'm a devil and a bad person. I didn't even reply her. she then said she will invite me for a church programme and I bluntly told her that I wouldn't attend.

Now, I'm feeling very bad. they all acting like I'm going to poison their food.

4 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:
this thread just came as a relief to my pain.. I had a quarrel with my boss at the place where I am doing my IT simply because her vice told her that I'm atheist.
the quarrel nor be here oo, she said I'm a devil and a bad person. I didn't even reply her. she then said she will invite me for a church programme and I bluntly told her that I wouldn't attend.

Jeeez, this is why we should be very prudent about the people we share our beliefs with.

If it was the other way around, "they" would have shouted "persecution".
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by olowobaba10: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
ARE YOU REFERRING TO ATHEISM OR AGNOSTIC?
Sugarcious:
Atheism is only a label for the lack of belief in any gods.
The primary argument for atheism is that theists haven't met their
burden of proof. There is no reliable evidence for any gods, so
many people are not convinced that they exist.
The primary argument against atheism is personal experience or
reliance on others' reports of experiences of gods. However,
humans have limited perceptions and are prone to illusions and
religious hallucinations, so personal experience and holy books are
not reliable sources of information about gods.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Challspace(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:

Sorry love.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by herich(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
smiley [color=#006600][/color]
Osasmd:
Thats true....they are always after christians...

Because most atheists were Christians, so knowing the weakness, lapses and challenges of Christianity, gives them easy room to focus their attack on Christians.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
Some acclaimed atheists though do not know all that it entails in being one.

A few i have seen simply cannot reconcile the level of evil and suffering in the world with the existence of a God of Love. I your thinking if that is all it entails being an atheists, you are actually yet to know who exactly you are.

Is like some who claim to believe in the Trinity doctrine. When you ask them since you say God the father is co-substantial with God the son, are you saying the Father is equal with the Son? They would answer "Not at all!" Then what do you believe? It means you do not believe in the trinity!

Confusion upon confusion.

Intriguing when an acclaimed atheist screams "oh my God", when Arsenal's shot misses Man U's post narrowly"
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by sirfee(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything or die overnight, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin

For those of you that are quoting me,let me tell you something :

Am not an atheist and am not worshipping any gods, the GOD (universe) doesn't ask any human being to worship him but rather show love to each other and use our brain to help each other, our lives and destinies is in our own hands,use your brain to solve your problems and then entire world so that the world can be a better place to live... I don't follow the false doctrines that was written by illiterate homo erectus and remodified by Romans to suits their time,Romans are know for stealing culture and religion of those countries they colonised.
Are you a deist?we have the same mindset and orientation.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by user6164: 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
eleojo23:
If a strong atheist finally acknowledges that there is God, his fellow atheists will say "he was never an atheist!" and they will start throwing tantrums all over nairaland undecided
Has any of ex-atheists given proof for existence of god? If yes then trust me atheism will vanish coz an atheists lack of belief is due to lack of proof for any deity. If no, then the persons acceptance of god is merely out of faith not evidence. Faith is believing in something without evidence.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

One of the pillars of Islam is to believe in the unseen which include ALLAH, the angels, demons, paradise and hell fire. There's is no how we can fully understand the way they were described in the glorious Quran as we cannot see them and that makes them beyond our reasoning. The problem is that many people believe in the "seen is believing" fact which is wrong when it comes to matters of religion. That's why Islam as a religion is a test to mankind to differentiate the believers from the unbelievers. And the major reason hell is created to punish the unbelievers (for their disbelief) and paradise created to reward the believers (for their belief).

Sad, very sad that Allah would create hell of fire to punish anyone.

Anyway, the God i know has no such arrangement. The punishment for the wicked is the forfeiture of the gift of everlasting life. They return to dust from which they were made. The book of Genesis chapter 3:19.

To forfeit living everlasting life in paradise and at the same time suffer everlasting punishment in a so-called hellfire amounts to double punishment and God being a God of justice would never do that.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
user6164:

Has any of ex-atheists given proof for existence of god? If yes then trust me atheism will vanish coz an atheists lack of belief is due to lack of proof for any deity. If no, then the persons acceptance of god is merely out of faith not evidence. Faith is believing in something without evidence.

I disagree with you on your definition of faith. Faith is the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. You believe in air and breeze, you know when your ceiling fan is turned on and when it is turned off even as you do not see the breeze.

So faith is not gullible it is reasonable and backed with facts and evidence.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by lepasharon(f): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
quentin06:
You ve spoken the truth.

You wrong for this
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statsocial:

So Nigeria is more religious than Saudi Oman Qatar
I say Christianity is the reason we are actually developing.

An average Nigerian can't make two sentences without quoting a religious verse, even when he knows he's telling a bare faced lie - (An example is when you go to buy a loaf of bread and you ask the seller if it was baked today and he/she says "It's fresh bread, God is my witness". Meanwhile he/she bought the bread two or three days ago.

A Nigerian will do things halfheartedly and expect supernatural beings to make things work out just fine - (An example is when you do not prepare well for your exams but you expect a miracle to happen and make you pass)

A Nigerian will not take logical steps to manage risks but when an unfortunate situation that could have been prevented arises he starts blaming imaginary evil spirits while hoping for a miracle to save him. - (An example is when you put your car on the road knowing fully well that you do not have a spare tyre then when you have a puncture on Third Mainland Bridge you start blaming the devil by "casting and binding imaginary evil forces and declaring that it is not your portion"

Yes,we Nigerians nay Africans are very religious...too religious for our own good!

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by sizzlingcold(m): 4:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
EazyMoh:
Wrong
All those points are applicable only to Christianity but not Islam.
In Islam there two types of blessings;
one that God can give to anyone irrespective of their believes, and blessings exclusively reserved for those who believe.
All world blessings in terms of wealth, good health, knowledge power and whatever can be gifted to even the worst unbelievers.
The oxygen everyone breathes alone would be denied to nonbelievers if not for the infinite mercy of the creator.
However the blessing reserved for true believers who did righteous deeds and which is the most important blessing, is the reward they get in after life.
Every temporary blessing will end, and it's even very short and small.You can't live more than 200yeaes and even if you are Bill Gates when you die that's the end of that enjoyment.
and have you seen the heaven you talk about
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mytym(m): 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

We all are atheists some of us just believe in one God more...
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mceze(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

BROTHER ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE FEELING FINE SO,?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF ATHEISM?

OR HAD IT BEEN YOU WERE ALLOWED TO GROW UP FROM A TENDER AGE UP TO MATURITY WITHOUT INDOCTRINATION AND DECEIT.. WOULD YOU BELIEVE IN RELIGION AND OTHER SPIRITUAL CRAP? undecided

Are you an atheist? I would really love to meet one and ask him/her questions..Mind you, am not criticizing anyone for his choice of religion or belief..Every man is free to live his life the way he sees fit, as long as it does not infringe on others right to life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
mceze:

Are you an atheist?

I would really love to meet one and ask him/her questions..Mind you, am not criticizing anyone for his choice of religion or belief..Every man is free to live his life the way he sees fit, as long as it does not infringe on others right to life.

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE WHO IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE ILL TEACHINGS AND CRUELTY RECORDED IN YOUR HOLY BOOKS, AND FALSEHOOD YOUR DOCTRINES ARE BASED ON, IS AN ATHEIST.
IT'S REALLY SIMPLE TO IDENTIFY THE FAKES IN MOST RELIGIONS, BUT MOST PEOPLE IGNORE IT, OR FAIL TO REALIZE IT DUE TO THE DEPTH OF THEIR INDOCTRINATION.

ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE, PM ME IF YOU LIKE. I'M AVAILABLE IF YOU'LL BE REASONABLE A BIT.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

Wait, are we talking about the same "Oman".
Where did you get this "fact" from?
By the way the key point i expected you take from there was resources and people to manage them well.

If land is without beings, would there be any sign of development there?
When you talk about development in places don't you usually point to the works of people.
Now this development varies according to the ability and activities of people, comprendre?

Wow, nice to know. shocked grin

This is just a case of people influencing a place with their pattern of reasoning where this reasoning in this case is based on the Bible.

Another example using your same scenario is when this same Christians took it further by converting our ancestors to "Christian slaves" and saw nothing wrong with it. Do you also accept this practice as a benefit Nigerians got from the early Christians also?

Let me first address your last point because it's hilarious. There is no such thing as a christian slave. Maybe you wanted to talk about the Trans Atlantic slave trade I guess. In that case Christianity had nothing to do with it. There is a difference between doing something because of your Christianity and doing something despite your Christianity. Jesus is the message of Christianity hence anything negative done outside the influence and dictates of the gospels and epistles(not bible) cannot be traced back to the Christianity.

Secondly, imagine if Europe and NAmerica were Atheist or Islamic then imagine how crazy the world would have been. The Albanian constitution of old infact prohibited Christianity and encouraged only Atheism. What about Stalin and Mao(all atheist) who killed numerous Christians for their beliefs. What about Kim jong family has cracked down on christians for years. All these are testament to the fact that Atheist are the most intolerant set of individuals out there.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

Jeeez, this is why we should be very prudent about the people we share our beliefs with.

If it was the other way around, "they" would have shouted "persecution".
its not like I wanted to tell them, they pushed me... now, I'm like the only diamond in a box full of gold. they just give me terrible stares. today is like my worst day here
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dalamama:

According to theist there is no good or evil only what their God tells them. I've seen many theist praise mass murderers for killing unbelievers. When have I ever said that there is no good or evil? More lies from you as always.

You complain about atheist killers but want people to believe in a God that allegedly drowned all human beings and is still going to burn over 70% of them on he'll because they belong to other religions and disbelieve in him abi. You are funny dude. How you reason in such a very silly way is truly beyond me.

drowning the whole world except an inbred family was a loving action
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

There are certain beliefs in Islam that you just have to swallow because they are beyond human comprehension while there are many facts in the glorious Quran proven by scientists to be true. So don't have doubts in Islam
Can you please provide the scientific fact in is Islam proven by science to be correct? or do you mean the Earth being flat or paedophile Mohammad dividing the moon into two equal half? or riding a flying horse to Jerusalem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? / I Am No Longer A Theist / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.