Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

All The Gods Are Helpless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All The Gods Are Helpless (870 Views)

3 Reasons Why African Gods Are Useless / How Many Gods Are There, One Or Many? / Be Quiet! The Gods Are Having A Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2010
If there were Gods with supernatural powers as we ONLY get to read about then why are not their representatives in Haiti healing people and helping the Haitians to at least locate people alive buried under the rubble? We have people telling different stories about how their various gods told them these or that? Why are the gods not telling people where to locate those buried under the rubble?

Haiti is the perfect place for Gods to show that they are not helpless. Rescue teams, doctors, even search-dogs, from all over the world are there right now trying to help people or locate them and give them immediate help. Where are the faith-healers, the tele-evangelists that claimed God can instantly heal people? Where are they in Haiti to restore amputated limbs, heal broken bones and people that have lost their sight all through prayers? Where are they in Haiti to cast their magic prayer spell and heal people? Don't the Gods know where all the people are buried? They could at least tell the rescue workers. But they have not.

The earthquake in Haiti has shown that if Gods exist as so many people will like to have us believe then they are all helpless and can do nothing. . . . . Because to me It is only humans and even animals that can help one another in times of disasters all the gods with what ever attributes that their creators chose to assign unto them are no where to be found.

Gods are helpless.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 04, 2010
what do you mean by Gods
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 11:37am On Feb 04, 2010
rokiatu:

what do you mean by Gods

I mean all the Gods of man made religions(Allah,Yahweh, Jehova, Vishnu,Jesus,Buddah etc) all the gods of man made religions whose people are always telling us how strong, good or powerful they are. . . . .Where are the magic faith healer to cast their magic spell in haiti and heal people through prayers? Are rescue dogs better than prayers? Haiti has shown that they are. . . . .
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by jagunlabi(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2010
mazaje:

I mean all the Gods of man made religions(Allah,Yahweh, Jehova, Vishnu,Jesus,Buddah etc) all the gods of man made religions whose people are always telling us how strong, good or powerful they are. . . . .Where are the magic faith healer to cast their magic spell in haiti and heal people through prayers? Are rescue dogs better than prayers? Haiti has shown that they are. . . . .
Allah won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow islam
Yahweh/Jehovah won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow judaism or christianity
Vishnu won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow hinduism
Jesus won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow christianity(?!)
Buddha won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow buddhism.

What does this say of these socalled "gods"?
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by Tudor6(f): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2010
I'm a God unto men. . .call upon me and i'll save the haitians. . .
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 04, 2010
jagunlabi:

Allah won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow islam[/b]Yahweh/Jehovah won't show up to help because the haitians do not [b]follow judaism or christianity
Vishnu won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow hinduism
Jesus won't show up to help because the haitians do not follow christianity(?!)

seriously this your ignorant comment is pissing the hell out of me. even if the Haitians do not follow any religion, there
are definitely some individual in them that believe in God, are you trying to say God do not like those people? oh please
spare me the bullshit, this topic is pointless and this your statement is sensless. Bad and disastrous things happend to every races, and in every country regardless of religion.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by Kay17: 12:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
i wonder where all the theists are? its the same old sad story.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
rokiatu:

seriously this your ignorant comment is pissing the hell out of me. even if the Haitians do not follow any religion, there
are definitely some individual in them that believe in God, are you trying to say God do not like those people? oh please
spare me the bullshit, this topic is pointless and this your statement is sensless. Bad and disastrous things happend to every races, and in every country regardless of religion.

Sure, I am tired of hearing religious people spewing endless crap and useless mythologies all over the place. . . .Some f.o.o.l was equating this disaster to lack of people paying their tithes and offering(No kiddo) Imagine the guy telling people that if they pay their tithes some imaginary god will always protect them and make sure that disasters dont come their way. . . .Where are the faith healers we see on TV? There are so many poeople that have become amputees or lot their sight as a result of this disaster will they hurry up and go and restore their limbs and sight through prayers?. . . . . .
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2010
Kay 17:

i wonder where all the theists are? its the same old sad story.

All there answers will be geared towards the defence or rationalization of their beliefs. . . . .They always ignore the obvious. . . . There is no god who cares about human suffering in any way.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by jagunlabi(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
Pardon me for pissing you off, rokiatu, but which god are we talking about here?Which one of the many "Gods" do some of the haitians believe, and which one of these gods "like" those people?The islamic god?The hindu gods?The jewish god?The christian triune god?Jesus?Or maybe the haitian gods?Which one are you referring to, exactly?Please do help me out of my ignorance.
rokiatu:

Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by manmustwac(m): 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
None of the so called Gods will ever appear, because they wre all created my men just like superman was. The people who donated money or volunteered to sacrifice thier time help not for any financial gain or any religious reason but out a genuine passion to save lives, help the homeless and feed the starving are the real Gods
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by jagunlabi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
manmustwac:

None of the so called Gods will ever appear, because they wre all created my men just like superman was. The people who donated money or volunteered to sacrifice thier time help not for any financial gain or any religious reason but out a genuine passion to save lives, help the homeless and feed the starving are the real Gods
GBAM!
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by Tudor6(f): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
mazaje:

All there answers will be geared towards the defence or rationalization of their beliefs. . . . .They always ignore the obvious. . . . There is no god who cares about human suffering in any way.
Sure there is, he sent his only son to die for us so when earthquakes hit, we die like pigs but knowing we'll have 'eternal' life. :-x
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by manmustwac(m): 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
rokiatu:

I thought the purpose of you and other like you paying your tithes and worshipping your Heavenly Father was so that he would guide you and protect you fro danger, but if your saying that bad things happen to every race regardles of religion then please tell me what is the purpose of you worshipping God?
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by DeepSight(m): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
What is this, an atheist's conference? So MOGANALA are still dancing around in circles deceiving themselves?

Are you all not tired of coming here to reinforce each other's shaky and apprehensive notions of meaninglessness? Why are you circling around like vultures confirming to one another an absurdity?

Why are you celebrating ignorance?

Look at this one -

jagunlabi:

Siddharta Gautama the Buddha was a man who preached abstinence from materialistc tendencies in order to reach enlightenment. HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING WHATSOEVER ABOUT GOD OR GODS, SO WHJAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? ? ? ?
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by chakula: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
rokiatu:

I agree with you rokiatu.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by muhsin(m): 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
Deep Sight:

What is this, an atheist's conference? So MOGANALA are still dancing around in circles deceiving themselves?

Are you all not tired of coming here to reinforce each other's shaky and apprehensive notions of meaninglessness? Why are you circling around like vultures confirming to one another an absurdity?

Look at this one -

Siddharta Gautama the Buddha was a man who preached abstinence from materialistc tendencies in order to reach enlightenment. HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING WHATSOEVER ABOUT GOD OR GODS, SO WHJAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? ? ? ?

Deeply sighted input.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2010
Deep Sight:

Look at this one -

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin And what are these meaninglessness and absrudity you are talking about? Where was oneness of Infinity during the Haiti earth quake?
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2010
muhsin:

Deeply sighted input.

See the slave of the imaginary arabian god called allah patting the back of the slave of the elusive and imaginary oneness of infinity grin grin. . . . .Christopher Hitchens often brings up this issue when noticing that religious people (or groups) will stick up for each other even when their religions are totally contradictory to one another. It's like some weird GAME that's being played--and a player can understand and sympathize another player, even if they have very different approaches to the game.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by jagunlabi(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
Deep Sight:

Look at this one -

I know that already, deep sight.You are neither telling me anything new about buddhism nor telling me anything new about who Siddharta Gautama was or what his teachings were.
I just decided to ignore some details when i posted that reply to rokiatu's post because i thought it not necessary to go into details, especially when dealing with angry islamist.So don't go off on a tangent.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by DeepSight(m): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2010
I am sorry Jagunlabi, I was just a bit irritated at what i sometimes see as knee-jerk antagonism to God or spirituality.
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by g1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ mazaje, do you really expect that idiot (god/allah/jesus) in the quran and bible to help anybody? i think you are better off asking satan to help because if you go thru the bible and quran, you will notice he is actually a nicer guy than god, grin

the gods are helpless because they dont exist, they are as real as harry potter, they were created by men like you and me who were ignorant of the reality of the "pale blue dot"(earth) we live in!!!
Re: All The Gods Are Helpless by mazaje(m): 10:20am On Feb 05, 2010
^^ Pale blue dot LOL. . . .Carl Sagan is the Man. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Books On Juju Recommendation / Why Can't The Mohammedans Stay In Their Quarters? / Church Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.