Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload (3266 Views)

How To Insert A Flash Intro Page In Dreamweaver-help Needed / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Help! Implementing A Horizontal Looper With Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
Hi web people, I am still developing in the web stuff. I re -designed my website using Dreamweaver and tried to upload my files to overwrite the existing one. My files copied fully from local to remote server, but the site aint changing from the old one. Okay professional whats wrong.

Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by DualCore1: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
Put all your files into the "public_html" or "www" folder. From your screenshots, your files are on the same parent level with the "www" or "public_html" folder. That's wrong. They have to be inside the "www" or "public_html" folder.
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by Seton(m): 11:03am On Feb 05, 2010
since you said you've redesigned, i will suggest you deletes all old files and upload the new one, into the either the 'www' or the 'public_html' as the case may be with your host. The reason for this is 'cos i had the same problem last weekend, and the solution help me out
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
Thanks Dual Core and Seton. I took to your advices, and here is the result, I guess something is still missing.

Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2010
the ist screen shot above is what I get when I log onto my site www.weeklongallstuff.com after i deleted old files and upload new. Below is my public ht,l

Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by freeman191(m): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2010
Ran into this problem when i was starting off, when ur site was still viewing ur old details but not reflecting the new changes, all u have to do is delete the old index page (index.html/php) and replace with your updated version of ur index.html, what happens is that ur old index page is stored in the cache by the host, even if u update new one, it wont reflect the new one until u have to delete then upload the new one, but for the rest of the other files you can overwrite them by just uploading the new ones, hope this helps.
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2010
Thanks, but I have deleted the new files I uploaded and re upload it again and its still gives me the same result. Please I need help fast as my site is inaccessible to others.
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by DualCore1: 10:23am On Feb 08, 2010
There's no index file!

If you're online on yahoo chat we can talk.
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2010
Dual Core my yahoo is izzzabeth@yahoo.com
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hey Dual Core I chatted you up yesterday but you weren't responding, wats up, I do need your help! thanks
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
Oh! Do help a sister in need. here is a challenge for the profs like Dual Core among others, waiting for something to happen is like slow poison, my site is temporarily down and you all know what that means!!!!
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by DualCore1: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2010
Sorry, been of nland for a while configuring a remote server.

my yim id is k_frill
hit me up whenever u're online.
Re: Filezilla And Dreamweaver Upload by izzabett(f): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2010
Hey! Dual Core you are the man! thanks a lot for fixing my website.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why A Good Web Hosting Provider Is Important To Your Website’s Success / 10 Nigerian Online Forums Bloggers Can Use To Boast Traffic. / How To Promote Your Blog: The Smart Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.