Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Meet My Girl TASHA! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet My Girl TASHA! (4145 Views)

Introducing My Girl Ariel Of Pearl Kennel / I Need Your Advice - New Baby Girl Tasha And Too Friendly Guy Brain / Tasha The Cute GSD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Good day petlanders I just bought a brindle female boerboel  dog which I name TASHA, tasha as been a very good companion ever since her arrival what i loved mostly abt her is her huge head, she as recieved her first vacination and will be given the second one this week. Tasha hobbies her eating and sleeping. Have been feed her on diamond puppy and milk, can food, boil egg, and dry meat so she could come out the way I want! 

Dear friends pls advise and comment on what to do to make my girl TASHA come out great. #thanks

Below are recent pictures of tasha taken this morning as she clocks 8weeks

3 Likes

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
Her love for food thou

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by 14teenK: 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
What about your rotterman .....hope he didn't end up with a hopeless owner... ...i don't know the reason why someone will keep a dog till its an adult and then decide to sell it.... I thought they were supposed to be companions.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
14teenK:
What about your rotterman .....hope he didn't end up with a hopeless owner... ...i don't know the reason why someone will keep a dog till its an adult and then decide to sell it.... I thought they were supposed to be companions.

I decided later not to sell him! He is doing great with tasha. Will upload pix of both of dem 2mrw
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
My rotterman blacky and tasha are really bounding good! But blacky kind of play to tasha are always very rough that atimes tasha cry when they both playing. But the good thing is it's intresting watching d 2 of dem play

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
tblackE61:
My rotterman blacky and tasha are really bounding good! But blacky kind of play to tasha are always very rough that atimes tasha cry when they both playing. But the good thing is it's intresting watching d 2 of dem play

Bro don't let the big one play with her for now.. It begins with rough play and it ends badly..

And show equal love to both.. don't let the big one feel the small one is above him.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Greene66:

Bro don't let the big one play with her for now.. It begins with rough play and it ends badly..

And show equal love to both.. don't let the big one feel the small one is above him.

Bro pls give me reasons y u said I shouldnt slow my big dog to play d puppy. Thanks for ur concern
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 12:13am On Jul 21, 2017
Hey guys sorry have not been updating abt Tasha, I had some issues with my phone but it's all fine now. Will recent picture of my lady tasha tomorrow. Thanks to u all for ur contribution.
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 2:38am On Jul 21, 2017
tblackE61:

Bro pls give me reasons y u said I shouldnt slow my big dog to play d puppy. Thanks for ur concern

Let me explain a few things about dogs. Dogs have this dominance/alpha thing in them that gets loose whenever another dog joins the pack (Your house). When you stay with 1 dog, you wouldn't observe it because the dog will see you as the 'boss'. But the moment another dog comes in, he still see use as the 'boss' but, under your umbrella, he will attempt to make himself 'boss' over the smaller dog. So it will be a case of..

- Member (Small Dog)
- Boss (Big Dog)
- Big Boss (You, Owner)

Believe me, its completely ok IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT. Just like Daddy, and big brother.

THE BAD SIDE

The bad side is what it is, BAD! The 'boss' dog is not established overnight. He will want to establish it either Violently or Cunningly. The dog would begin with rough play (He is not playing but you think he is).. He will begin by biting the neck of the smaller one to see if the smaller trusts him! If the Smaller one reacts, he gets more angry.. If the smaller one cries, he gets pleased and his dominance is starting to be established. Then he will upgrade to trying to mount! Now, he knows the dog isn't on heat but he will try as much as possible to mount/hump!

The mounting is a sign of dominance. The smaller one may reject and react and it will anger him causing him to go violent. If the smaller does not react, he gets pleased and okay. And slow and steady, he becomes the dominant dog.. 'Alpha dog' or 'boss'. He still knows you as the 'Big boss'.

THE DANGER

With the alpha dog established, bullying will set in... He will forcefully collect her toys, forcefully walk to her and frustrate her. He will growl over food if she walks by. IF YOU MAKE AN ATTEMPT OF FORCING HIM TO STOP GROWLING AT HER, OR FORCING HIM TO LOVE HER OR FORCE HIM NOT TO BULLY HER, HE WILL KILL HER ONE DAY.

Now, i am talking from experience.. my dog died about 5 days ago at the hands of a bigger dog which also belongs to me. How do you think it happened? He tried to mount(Rough Play) and she refused and boom! He killed her. You can start letting them relate when she has grown bigger and a bit older to stand off to the dog.

So my brother, please keep your new puppy away from the big dog.. don't let them 'Play Rough'. IT IS NOT PLAY AS MUCH YOU THINK! DO NOT LET THE BIG DOG ESTABLISH HIMSELF AS DOMINANT! MAKE THEM EQUAL IN A REASONABLE AND FAIR WAY! THIS IS A MISTAKE I MADE! I ENCOURAGED ONE(THE ONE I LIKE THE MOST) TO BE DOMINANT OVER THE REMAINING DOGS AND TODAY, THIS DOMINANT DOG KILLED MY LOVELY PUPPY. IT WAS MY FAULT AND I REGRETTED IT.

10 Likes

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Greene66:

Let me explain a few things about dogs. Dogs have this dominance/alpha thing in them that gets loose whenever another dog joins the pack (Your house). When you stay with 1 dog, you wouldn't observe it because the dog will see you as the 'boss'. But the moment another dog comes in, he still see use as the 'boss' but, under your umbrella, he will attempt to make himself 'boss' over the smaller dog. So it will be a case of..

- Member (Small Dog)
- Boss (Big Dog)
- Big Boss (You, Owner)

Believe me, its completely ok IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT. Just like Daddy, and big brother.

THE BAD SIDE

The bad side is what it is, BAD! The 'boss' dog is not established overnight. He will want to establish it either Violently or Cunningly. The dog would begin with rough play (He is not playing but you think he is).. He will begin by biting the neck of the smaller one to see if the smaller trusts him! If the Smaller one reacts, he gets more angry.. If the smaller one cries, he gets pleased and his dominance is starting to be established. Then he will upgrade to trying to mount! Now, he knows the dog isn't on heat but he will try as much as possible to mount/hump!

The mounting is a sign of dominance. The smaller one may reject and react and it will anger him causing him to go violent. If the smaller does not react, he gets pleased and okay. And slow and steady, he becomes the dominant dog.. 'Alpha dog' or 'boss'. He still knows you as the 'Big boss'.

THE DANGER

With the alpha dog established, bullying will set in... He will forcefully collect her toys, forcefully walk to her and frustrate her. He will growl over food if she walks by. IF YOU MAKE AN ATTEMPT OF FORCING HIM TO STOP GROWLING AT HER, OR FORCING HIM TO LOVE HER OR FORCE HIM NOT TO BULLY HER, HE WILL KILL HER ONE DAY.

Now, i am talking from experience.. my dog died about 5 days ago at the hands of a bigger dog which also belongs to me. How do you think it happened? He tried to mount(Rough Play) and she refused and boom! He killed her. You can start letting them relate when she has grown bigger and a bit older to stand off to the dog.

So my brother, please keep your new puppy away from the big dog.. don't let them 'Play Rough'. IT IS NOT PLAY AS MUCH YOU THINK! DO NOT LET THE BIG DOG ESTABLISH HIMSELF AS DOMINANT! MAKE THEM EQUAL IN A REASONABLE AND FAIR WAY! THIS IS A MISTAKE I MADE! I ENCOURAGED ONE(THE ONE I LIKE THE MOST) TO BE DOMINANT OVER THE REMAINING DOGS AND TODAY, THIS DOMINANT DOG KILLED MY LOVELY PUPPY. IT WAS MY FAULT AND I REGRETTED IT.

Bro everything u said is truth and as a matter of fact the bigger dog as been trying to mount her, he doesn't allow her to eat, he always make sure that he is incharge of everything. The worst part of it now is that Tasha now exhibit the bad behaviours blacky does which is just very annoying. Will start seprating them boss! Thanks for ur concern.

3 Likes

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
After feeding on canfood and dry meat, my baby girl Tashais overfed and couldn't even take up again. Lols

4 Likes

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
Baby Tasha taking a nap

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by rumenase(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
;Dno kill the pup with food o
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
tblackE61:

Bro everything u said is truth and as a matter of fact the bigger dog as been trying to mount her, he doesn't allow her to eat, he always make sure that he is incharge of everything. The worst part of it now is that Tasha now exhibit the bad behaviours blacky does which is just very annoying. Will start seprating them boss! Thanks for ur concern.

Glad you understand
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lol!! Tasha loves food she can eat for Africa.. Thinking of taking her for a food competition lolzlzlsl.

rumenase:
;Dno kill the pup with food o

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
Am thinking of starting to cage her when she is 3month what do u think? Tasha is 8weeks old now

Greene66:

Glad you understand
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
tblackE61:
Am thinking of starting to cage her when she is 3month what do u think? Tasha is 8weeks old now

It isn't really necessary to cage her. She can grow up in the house with you till death smiley

My dogs stay in the house with me. Its fun
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 9:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bro the rate at which she poo every where and destroy most of my stuff ehn! Like srsly can't wait to start caging her

Greene66:

It isn't really necessary to cage her. She can grow up in the house with you till death smiley

My dogs stay in the house with me. Its fun
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
tblackE61:
Bro the rate at which she poo every where and destroy most of my stuff ehn! Like srsly can't wait to start caging her

You can train her to poo and pee in the bathroom. My dogs poo and pee in the bathroom.
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Greene66:

You can train her to poo and pee in the bathroom. My dogs poo and pee in the bathroom.

Guess u open ur bathroom 24/7 , but Bro what of when u go out?

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 12:06am On Jul 22, 2017
tblackE61:

Guess u open ur bathroom 24/7 , but Bro what of when u go out?

They enter the bathroom themselves.. When I return, I wash whatever mess they have done down. .. It's far better than doing all over the house.

I don't close the bathroom completely. I open it slightly giving them a chance to push it open and pee. They also do it outside as well. Depending.

The point is training. Train your dog's and you can conveniently live with them like you live with a human.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2017
U very right bro! Pls what are the negative and positive effects of giving a dog raw meat?

Greene66:

They enter the bathroom themselves.. When I return, I wash whatever mess they have done down. .. It's far better than doing all over the house.

I don't close the bathroom completely. I open it slightly giving them a chance to push it open and pee. They also do it outside as well. Depending.

The point is training. Train your dog's and you can conveniently live with them like you live with a human.
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
tblackE61:
U very right bro! Pls what are the negative and positive effects of giving a dog raw meat?

Actually, there are none. The dog will just love it more and always crave it. But it won't make him a killer.. that one is just a fairy tale.

But for health benefits, cook the meat. Don't give him raw because some things there aren't compatible with the dog. Wolves who eat raw meat, have a specific way of eating it and know the specific part to eat keeping them healthy but we don't know that as humans so it's somewhat risky.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Thanks for that simple response bro! Pls do tell me is there anything i can do to make her a little bit aggressive. Tired of having calm dogs ..

Greene66:

Actually, there are none. The dog will just love it more and always crave it. But it won't make him a killer.. that one is just a fairy tale.

But for health benefits, cook the meat. Don't give him raw because some things there aren't compatible with the dog. Wolves who eat raw meat, have a specific way of eating it and know the specific part to eat keeping them healthy but we don't know that as humans so it's somewhat risky.
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
tblackE61:
Thanks for that simple response bro! Pls do tell me is there anything i can do to make her a little bit aggressive. Tired of having calm dogs ..

Hmmm, is Blacky aggressive?
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
No broo!! He is extremely friendly, but can be aggressive when been threatened. Don't what that for tasha!

Greene66:

Hmmm, is Blacky aggressive?
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
No bro! Blacky is extremly friendly but can be aggressive when been threatened. Don't what that for tasha, and I observe currently that tasha as fobia, is in her! Always scared of everything.

tblackE61:
No broo!! He is extremely friendly, but can be aggressive when been threatened. Don't what that for tasha!

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
My pets are saying good night to u all!! Baby tasha is always happy and lively when she is with blacky, anytime blacky is caged she is always calm and bored. I guess they are bonding real good.

How do u see my pet fiends ?

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
tblackE61:

Follow these instructions:

- Always keep tasha indoors with you. Don't let anyone play with her or touch her head.

- Don't take her out too much to meet friends and don't let people comment on her in person

- Show her love and avoid beating her...

- Feed her once a day or twice max

- Don't let her run away from another dog. Don't encourage her to fight and at the same time, don't encourage her to run. Be in the middle. That will give her more confidence. The higher the confidence the bigger the aggression

And always tease her to make her bark or maybe even growl but not too much.

And once a while, scare her so she reacts and try to defend herself. Overtime you would see she would become safely and reasonable aggressive in a smart way.

However, my own dogs are trained to be Violent. I buy goats so my dogs can attack and kill. Now that isn't the best. That's just bad. So don't encourage your dog's to be killers or monsters like mine Coz I am regretting it.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by tblackE61(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bro thanks for the response, with reference to ur post u said I should feed her 2wice a day or once ? Is tasha not too small to be underfed she is just 8weeks and some days.

Pls ow do I make her bark? I really want her to have a balance temperate, but right now she sees to have fobia for everything don't know how to correct this.

Greene66:

Follow these instructions:

- Always keep tasha indoors with you. Don't let anyone play with her or touch her head.

- Don't take her out too much to meet friends and don't let people comment on her in person

- Show her love and avoid beating her...

- Feed her once a day or twice max

- Don't let her run away from another dog. Don't encourage her to fight and at the same time, don't encourage her to run. Be in the middle. That will give her more confidence. The higher the confidence the bigger the aggression

And always tease her to make her bark or maybe even growl but not too much.

And once a while, scare her so she reacts and try to defend herself. Overtime you would see she would become safely and reasonable aggressive in a smart way.

However, my own dogs are trained to be Violent. I buy goats so my dogs can attack and kill. Now that isn't the best. That's just bad. So don't encourage your dog's to be killers or monsters like mine Coz I am regretting it.
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Greene66: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2017
tblackE61:
Bro thanks for the response, with reference to ur post u said I should feed her 2wice a day or once ? Is tasha not too small to be underfed she is just 8weeks and some days.

Pls ow do I make her bark? I really want her to have a balance temperate, but right now she sees to have fobia for everything don't know how to correct this.

Twice a day isn't really a problem. Ensure what she eats twice a day is very rich in protein and Calcium. Let the food mean something.

Regarding her barking, she is a puppy now and she doesn't trust you so it's okay for her to be afraid. Show her love and keep her at your side always. If possible, put her on the chair next to where you sit. Overtime within a few weeks you'd see
Re: Meet My Girl TASHA! by Bigsteveg(m): 1:51am On Jul 23, 2017
tblackE61:
After feeding on canfood and dry meat, my baby girl Tashais overfed and couldn't even take up again. Lols
No use food kill the innocent puppy nau, haba. U will make the dog useless when it grows.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dog Mating Pig Got Stuck / Do Geckos Really Get ‘scared Away’ By Broken Eggshells? / Give Away German Shepherd Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.