Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13467 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Lol . Another schooling coming up . Let me grab my popcorn I'll be right back .

Another evidence atheists purport themselves as intelligent people I guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Absence is the fact of not being where you are usually expected to be. Did you know that?

keep cherrypicking definitions. I am sure there are more than 5 definitions of ABSENCE.

6 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Pls, don't select definitions to suit your agenda, Lack means "I don't have". so I don't have god, simple as that.. Are you a comedian?, so if I say I "Lack Poverty" does that mean I want Poverty? or if I say I lack evil, does that mean I want evil?.
Stop suiting yourself with whatever you feel like.

You need to understand word placement. The operative word Is LACK!

nairalandsars has explained that his lack meant ABSENCE which I have expounded so can you help with the question I asked nairalandsars?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Absence could also be termed as a fact of NOT EXISTING! So it is a profound knowledge to you that God or gods do not exist.

Can you show me how you arrived at this position?

okay, I now know you want to shift burden of proof with those wordgames of yours, you've now moved and moved till you got to the definition you wanted us to give
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:

keep cherrypicking definitions. I am sure there are more than 5 definitions of ABSENCE.

I would love it if you could display ALL THE DEFINITIONS for absence here please let's look at them.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay, I now know you want to shift burden of proof with those wordgames of yours, you've now moved and moved till you got to the definition you wanted us to give

I never moved. I only responded to what I was given. Would you like to drop your own definitions let's also look at them.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 9:59am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

I never moved. I only responded to what I was given. Would you like to drop your own definitions let's also look at them.
let me play your game

I do not have belief in any god
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2017
I am asking all the atheists here to provide ALL THE DEFINITIONS for LACK and ABSENCE available in any and every dictionary let's look at them.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

let me play your game

I do not have belief in any god

It's not a game! YOU DO NOT BELIEVE! Very profound words. So care to tell me how you came to NOT BELIEVE?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You need to understand word placement. The operative word Is LACK!

nairalandsars has explained that his lack meant ABSENCE which I have expounded so can you help with the question I asked nairalandsars?
explain what then should be the definition of atheism?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
explain what then should be the definition of atheism?

You are the atheist not I. You should be schooling me and not the other way around. This was why I said specifically that I wanted YOUR OWN definition as it applies to you and why you hold it so dear.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:
I am asking all the atheists here to provide ALL THE DEFINITIONS for LACK and ABSENCE available in any and every dictionary let's look at them.

Please ask them if atheism denies the existence of the First Cause or deities , or it refuses to accept an entity as a deity .

Eg , this should drive home the message :

Pantheism sees the universe as a deity , now does atheism deny the existence of the universe since it is a deity or it rejects the deitificiation of the universe .

If it denies the deitificiation of an entity that means atheists don't deny the existence of the First Cause , they don't just accept it's deitificiation.

No matter their response , it's apparent atheism is empty , vapid and stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please ask them if atheism denies the existence of the First Cause or deities it refuses to accept an entity as a deity .

Eg , this should drive home the message :

Pantheism sees the universe as a deity , now does atheism deny the existence of the universe since it is a deity or it rejects the deitificiation of the universe .

If it denies the deitificiation of an entity that means atheists don't deny the existence of the First Cause , they don't just accept it's deitificiation.

No matter their response , it's apparent atheism is empty , vapid and stupid

I will only work with what they give to me. I want to move AT THEIR PACE. A lot of them would not understand what you just wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You are the atheist not I. You should be schooling me and not the other way around. This was why I said specifically that I wanted YOUR OWN definition as it applies to you and why you hold it so dear.
if I should be schooling you, it means you know nothing about the definition of atheism. then why are you refuting my definition i gave you?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

It's not a game! YOU DO NOT BELIEVE! Very profound words. So care to tell me how you came to NOT BELIEVE?

oh! shouldn't you go to the dictionary and try to morph "do not have" to whatever you want it to be?

in the OP you claimed to have washed blood off a John Doe and asked us a question, I have answered, can we now go back to the OP and get the lesson you're trying to pass?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
if I should be schooling you, it means you know nothing about the definition of atheism. then why are you refuting my definition i gave you?

Are you a definition? Are you living by definition? Since you believe you are a definition and have defined yourself as LACKING A BELIEF I have helped broaden your scope of the word LACK! if like nairalandsars you say it's an ABSENCE OF BELIEF I have done same.

If you feel unsatisfied then offer me all the definitions of LACK and ABSENCE you have and let's look at them.

I will move at your pace alright?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:17am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

oh! shouldn't you go to the dictionary and try to morph "do not have" to whatever you want it to be?

in the OP you claimed to have washed blood off a John Doe and asked us a question, I have answered, can we now go back to the OP and get the lesson you're trying to pass?

You have told me that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE which is an emphatic comment. Since it's not a present tense but a present continuous tense with you as an atheist then tell me how you arrived at such a profound position. That's all I asked and you should be eager and overjoyed to share this great factual information with everyone shouldn't you? Especially since you are convinced of its truth which gave birth to your atheism.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please ask them if atheism denies the existence of the First Cause or deities it refuses to accept an entity as a deity .
absolutely, none of those religious god does exist.
the universe isn't a deity, thats just the belief of some individuals.
atheism is empty , vapid and stupid
your getting atheism wrong. atheism means "no belief".

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by NairalandSARS: 10:19am On Jul 18, 2017
Well, according to this link, atheism is defined as the disbelief or lack of belief in the EXISTENCE of GOD or gods

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Atheism+definition+&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=TdFtWdOXEsaZaK7PksgO??

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:20am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:

Okay atheism means NO BELIEF which echoes hopefullandlords own epiphany. So can you join him by letting us know how you got this epiphany?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2017
NairalandSARS:
Well, according to this link, atheism is defined as the disbelief or lack of belief in the EXISTENCE of GOD or gods

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Atheism+definition+&client=ms-opera-mini&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=TdFtWdOXEsaZaK7PksgO??

We have moved from here. We have broadened our view. Can you help hopefullandlord and Brahampaul by sharing your own epiphany?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You have told me that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE which is an emphatic comment. Since it's not a present tense but a present continuous tense with you as an atheist then tell me how you arrived at such a profound position. That's all I asked and you should be eager and overjoyed to share this great factual information with everyone shouldn't you? Especially since you are convinced of its truth which gave birth to your atheism.
let's stay on topic please

you told a story about Washing blood of a John Doe and you are thinking he may be someone like us, you asked us to define and I've given my definition, how do you then relate my definition to the story you gave in OP? or have we quickly gotten to the part where we ignore OP? come on tell us the lesson of that story, don't disappointment us

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:23am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

Are you a definition? Are you living by definition? Since you believe you are a definition and have defined yourself as LACKING A BELIEF I have helped broaden your scope of the word LACK! if like nairalandsars you say it's an ABSENCE OF BELIEF I have done same.

If you feel unsatisfied then offer me all the definitions of LACK and ABSENCE you have and let's look at them.

I will move at your pace alright?
haha, [B]LACK[/B] has many definitions. You know what we do mean but your just trying to confuse yourself. It seems like you are trolling.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

let's stay on topic please

you told a story about Washing blood of a John Doe and you are thinking he may be someone like us, you asked us to define and I've given my definition, how do you then relate my definition to the story you gave in OP? or have we quickly gotten to the part where we ignore OP? come on tell us the lesson of that story, don't disappointment us

You are the one straying sir. You are not in my head to know if I am straying since I originated this piece for reasons best known TO ME and not TO US.

I am waiting for your epiphany.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:

The deists reject the existence of "religious gods" and they are not atheists .

Oh oh That means you have ideas of what a deity should be , so tell us , what makes an entity a deity

This clearly means atheism does not deny the existence of an entity , it just refuses to accept it's deitificiation?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
haha, [B]LACK[/B] has many definitions. You know what we do mean but your just trying to confuse yourself. It seems like you are trolling.

It shouldn't be too hard to provide ALL THE DEFINITIONS FOR LACK since you say they are many. I already asked for that from you and every other atheist who has been responding.

LACK and ABSENCE. I need ALL the definitions for both.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:30am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

It shouldn't be too hard to provide ALL THE DEFINITIONS FOR LACK since you say they are many. I already asked for that from you and every other atheist who has been responding.

LACK and ABSENCE. I need ALL the definitions for both.
don't you have a dictionary?? stop trolling.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:33am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
don't you have a dictionary?? stop trolling.

I already offered dictionary definitions for both LACK and ABSENCE and you obviously found them unsatisfactory which was why you said LACK has MANY definitions yet you want me to further provide more dictionary definitions for you?

I want you to do us the honours.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by hopefulLandlord: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2017
spacetacular:

You are the one straying sir. You are not in my head to know if I am straying since I originated this piece for reasons best known TO ME and not TO US.

I am waiting for your epiphany.

I don't need to be in your head since the OP is right there, you're free to give whatever purpose suits you, I'm only interested in how my definition relates to your washing blood of a John Doe

if it doesn't relate then.........

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by branhampaul: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The deists reject the existence of "religious gods" and they are not atheists.
Atheism & Deism is like 5 & 6. they almost the same thing.
Oh oh That means you have ideas of what a deity should be , so tell us , what makes an entity a deity
If there was a deity, then the earth should have been exactly as the bible's "Garden of Eden" was.
This clearly means atheism does not deny the existence of an entity, it just refuses to accept it's deitificiation?
ofcourse, there are numerous entity, you yourself is an entity. Atheism refutes a deity not entity.

3 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I don't need to be in your head since the OP is right there, you're free to give whatever purpose suits you, I'm only interested in how my definition relates to your washing blood of a John Doe

if it doesn't relate then.........

You cannot force me to show you the big picture can you?

(your questions show the DESIRE TO KNOW AND REACH FOR SOMETHING BEYOND MAN) . This is subconsciously inherent in every one.

You want me to immediately make clear to you what you are in the dark about and I say I WILL MOVE AT A CERTAIN PACE. however you are not satisfied by this so as your comment implies would rather pull away than stay to quench THIS DESIRE TO KNOW in you.

That COULD have been how you became an atheist? Could that be your epiphany? You were eager to know but could not be patient enough to know.

Look at me as God in my comment and then draw your inference from that.

I am hungry for your epiphany. Feed me.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by spacetacular(f): 10:41am On Jul 18, 2017
branhampaul:
Atheism & Deism is like 5 & 6. they almost the same thing.
If there was a deity, then the earth should have been exactly as the bible's "Garden of Eden" was.
ofcourse, there are numerous entity, you yourself is an entity. Atheism refutes a deity not entity.

You speak with so much bravado and conviction. How did you arrive at such a position is all I asked (your epiphany).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

3 Kids Tortured By Prayer Houses & Thrown Into Streets Of Akwa Ibom Rescued(pics / What Is Your Favourite Gospel Music? / Bible's Supernatural Nuggets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.