Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (13559 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / My Atheist Friends, How True Is This? / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Organs(m): 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
spacetacular:

I never said God Hid himself.

Do you agree that it's our seeker nature that brought about science? Or any form of development we have today?

The question is, why do we seek? Why do we even bother to know more? Why do we bother to understand?

It's like an inner push or pull not triggered by our brain. The brain simply calculates it but does not originate this deep craving for something bigger.

You say you are on a journey. Why?

It's because you crave it. Something in you will not stop craving it. Why is this so?

Spacetacular: I just saw this and decided to add my two cents. Firstly, one thing you have to understand about "belief" is it is for the most part based on "dogma". All the point you raised here and all the things you talked about is simple based on your belief and the way you think or the way you, society, experiences etc has conditioned you to think. I am Muslim, i have absolute faith in my islamic belief but again that is all based on my belief, experiences, upbringing etc. It doesn't stop there, i can prove it to you absolutely beyond a reasonable doubt, but again that goes for everyone else. So, for example, atheist will define God as this, this this, but when you define something, you are actually giving it its limits, so the question in itself is wrong, you cannot define God, so as an example, God in the Quran said he is neither connected to his creation nor is he separated from his creation and nothing is like unto him. Now do you understand that? that is another limitation. Any image of God you have in your head is wrong. Why, because you cannot understand or comprehend God, we muslims understand God based on his attributes and essence. How do you want to describe this world with cars and houses and colours etc to a child in the dark womb of its mother? you cant because the child cannot comprehend it the child's brain cannot process that information, same with us our brain has its limits and it cannot process so many things about God, about creation, so again it goes back to belief. I can tell you're excited about all the ideas in your head that makes sense to you lol. Google muslim debate with an atheist on youtube. Also, watch Oprah Winfrey's "BELIEF". It will shock you and open your eyes to things you do not know about.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tiger28: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Challspace:

Your "intelligent" creator still creates humans with no limbs, two different human beings stuck together (siamese twins), humans born deaf, dumb, or both.

Should I go on?

you havent answered my question Bro.obviously you have no answer. The biggest scientists in the history of the world have not been able to create even a tiny living thing. They are ONLY able to clone animals . So according to atheist ,we were created because planets clashed Dummies!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tiger28: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
frank317:

He is not telling you that the planets collided it, rather the origin of life on earth or the planet itself remains a mystery. Stop assuming up a God or creator because of this bridge in knowledge. You can't create a God to fill in a void and it suddenly becomes real.
my bible explained creation but you dont have a clue about creation So you are lost then. NONE of you atheist have any explanation about creation. Your foolish colleagues in the western world shamefully said PLANETS COLLIDED and thats how we came about........Dimwits!!!
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Challspace(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
tiger28:
you havent answered my question Bro.obviously you have no answer. The biggest scientists in the history of the world have not been able to create even a tiny living thing. They are ONLY able to clone animals . So according to atheist ,we were created because planets clashed Dummies!

The biggest scientists in the history of the world have not been able to create even a tiny living thing.

They're not far off. Do some research on artificial intelligence. While you're at it, look up the robot SOPHIA and be amazed. The progress that science is making is no child's play and it would grow faster when majority of you religious subservients let go of your outdated indoctrinations.

So according to atheist ,we were created because planets clashed

It's obvious you're not familiar with the Big Bang therory. Go and do some reading, come back, and we can have a mature conversation.

Dummies!

I'll ignore this.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by frank317: 3:43am On Jul 21, 2017
tiger28:
my bible explained creation but you dont have a clue about creation So you are lost then. NONE of you atheist have any explanation about creation. Your foolish colleagues in the western world shamefully said PLANETS COLLIDED and thats how we came about........Dimwits!!!

And what right do you have to reject the scientific or Islamic or yoruba theory of creation but accept the biblical or Jewish folk tale? Since you have rejected that planets collided, what's so sensible about an invisible creator appearing from nowhere and speaking the whole world into existence? Why should I accept that nonsensical Adam, eve, snake and apple story with your God acting like a lunatic for decades until he took a chill pill after sacrificing himself to himself and drinking his own blood.

Abeg stop embarrassing urself by talking about the Bible creation story like it even made the slightest sense. It sounds stupid to me that why I reject it. I'd rather remain in ignorance than accept some ridiculous creation story from Jewish cattle rearers.

Carry ur Bible story and go to joke section.

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tiger28: 3:59am On Jul 21, 2017
Challspace:

They're not far off. Do some research on artificial intelligence. While you're at it, look up the robot SOPHIA and be amazed. The progress that science is making is no child's play and it would grow faster when majority of you religious subservients let go of your outdated indoctrinations.

It's obvious you're not familiar with the Big Bang therory. Go and do some reading, come back, and we can have a mature conversation.

I'll ignore this.

You are comparing "programmed " Robots to US Human beings? Are you alright up there
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Challspace(m): 8:59am On Jul 21, 2017
tiger28:
You are comparing "programmed " Robots to US Human beings? Are you alright up there

You see the problem with most of us here is that we don't bother to read. You made this statement earlier,

The biggest scientists in the history of the world have not been able to create even a tiny living thing.

I gave you this reply

They're not far off. Do some research on artificial intelligence. While you're at it, look up the robot SOPHIA and be amazed.

Nowhere in my reply did I say they were finished and nowhere in that reply did I compare humans and robots.

You think robots wouldn't be considered living things some time in the future? Go and look up Self-Learning Artificial Intelligence.

Of course, I know you won't try to read angry I don't even know why I bother with you.

Are you alright up there

When people like you get called out on their intellectual deficit, they resort to insults. I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tintingz(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin......
Close your teeth
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:
Close your teeth

Remember how you and your pals in the islam section used to bash me?

See your life?

May the spaghetti monster in all his noodliness bless you! Ramen!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tintingz(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Remember how you and your pals in the islam section used to bash me?

See your life?

May the spaghetti monster in all his noodliness bless you! Ramen!
Lol, what was your moniker then?

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, what was your moniker then?

Sir Logicbwoy of halalmacburger grin grin
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tintingz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Oh That yeye man Logicboy, thought you have travel yo mars. grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:
Oh That yeye man Logicboy, thought you have travel yo mars. grin

But logicboy changed you. Some of my arguments must have hit you

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tintingz(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

But logicboy changed you. Some of my arguments must have hit you
Well to be honest, atheist, agnostic, deist here made me do research about religions, evolution and science which i did with open mind. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:
Well to be honest, atheist, agnostic, deist here made me do research about religions, evolution and science which i did with open mind. smiley

I'm proud of you

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by shukuokukobambi: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
tintingz:

Weldone to you smiley
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by lepasharon(f): 12:35am On Jul 23, 2017
JackBizzle:

I remember you with that moniker and sukkot / obadiah battling it out back in the day
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by lepasharon(f): 12:37am On Jul 23, 2017
tintingz:

Allah won't like this
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tiger28: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2017
Challspace:

You see the problem with most of us here is that we don't bother to read. You made this statement earlier,

I gave you this reply

Nowhere in my reply did I say they were finished and nowhere in that reply did I compare humans and robots.

You think robots wouldn't be considered living things some time in the future? Go and look up Self-Learning Artificial Intelligence.

Of course, I know you won't try to read angry I don't even know why I bother with you.

When people like you get called out on their intellectual deficit, they resort to insults. I'm not surprised.
ok agreed i aint fighting you but you have proven my point that since science have not been able to create human, there has to be a higher intelligence that created nature. We were not made out of mere accident .
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by sukkot: 7:57am On Jul 23, 2017
lepasharon:

I remember you with that moniker and sukkot / obadiah battling it out back in the day
hahaha eons ago. happy sunday to ya
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by ivolt: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2017
Typical confused religionists, these tactics have been overused.

1. The use of misleading title: "Help Needed"

2. The invoking of the fear of death, an accident that claimed a man's life,

3. Playing word games to prove the existence of her god.

The goal of this thread is to muddle up the real meaning of words to
give them a negative connotation.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by tintingz(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2017
lepasharon:

Allah won't like this
Allah is all-knowing. smiley
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2017
lepasharon:

What? I never battled it out with sukkot/obadiah. The guy was my brother in need of weed, a friend indeed.

Of course I disagreed with his apocalyptic edomite nonsense but we were always cool
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by JackBizzle: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2017
sukkot:
hahaha eons ago. happy sunday to ya

grin

Bro, I dey try find sagamite.
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by sukkot: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2017
JackBizzle:

What? I never battled it out with sukkot/obadiah. The guy was my brother in need of weed, a friend indeed.

Of course I disagreed with his apocalyptic edomite nonsense but we were always cool
lmao. greetings my dear compadre grin
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by Sagamite(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Bro, I dey try find sagamite.

Whagoan?
Re: Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. by OtemSapien: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The deists reject the existence of "religious gods" and they are not atheists .

Oh oh That means you have ideas of what a deity should be , so tell us , what makes an entity a deity

This clearly means atheism does not deny the existence of an entity , it just refuses to accept it's deitificiation?

Na wa o. You can't speak from the angle of a christian. You're always trying to use deism to justify your claims undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Never Give Up! / A Thread For Christmas Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.