Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m (9860 Views)

EFCC Investigating Kessington Adebutu ‘Baba Ijebu’ Over Tax Fraud / Friend's Message Cursing His Friend For A Debt Of 5 Years / Lodgers Chased Out As FIRS Seals Hotel For Tax Evasion In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by erico2k2(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2017
ivolt:

Why do you guys hate law enforcement and a functioning agency with passion ?
The companies were owing tax and they were shut down
but you had to bring north into it.
Let us start from the beginning, who shut them down?
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by OKorowanta: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
How much is there profit that Firs claim they are indebted to tune of N630 million?
Una dey really dey mad!

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
"Pile up over time", I think u mean over two years. Its high time they educate business owners how they (firs) carry out tax calculations.
londoner:

It has piled up over time. If they paid when due it would not amount to that much. That's how it works.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chizzy161(f): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

This is why we live i n a ZOO, why would FIRS official be on ground to seal a Biz premises? well answer to receive bribe
IS it not the job of the court to issue a warrant and sending beliefs down there to retrieve the debts?
Nigerians always doing things backward.
A wise Biz man will simply go to court and get an injunction and re open his/her Biz.
Please be sure of what you say. It is obvious you are not well informed.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chigoizie7(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

They don't make much the FIRS is just being dubious and opportunist, those companies must have filed in tax returns and the FIRS instead of seeing the reality will reject the filed tax returns and give them any arbitrary figure based on best on Judgement..That how they charged my Seniors sister small firm a tax of 270 million naira despite the fact that her firm hardly makes 1w million naira a year in their small rented office just because they heard it Internet data reseller for main one ... Only those e who are not into business will come here and applaud the FIRS

Well, it can be contested. I believe there is a template to calculate how much one pays on tax.

E.g., if ur sis has been keeping record of all the income and expenses intact. All she need to do is get and accountant/ auditor to audit her account and then prepare a good document to back herself up, instead of paying such prices.

The FIRS can only prey on unsuspecting businesses or individuals for such exhorbitant figures. Once u have ur man power to drag it out with them, they dare not infringe on ur rights. they only prey on defaulters. I mean, u can't come to a banking sector, insurance or well organized investment and give them such prices.

We look for cheap labor here and we pay for it darely.

For every business you venture into which brings in money, make sure u have a lawyer and an accountant standby, even if it is on consultancy basis. But we will always want to cut costs.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by SalamRushdie: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2017
chigoizie7:

Well, it can be contested. I believe there is a template to calculate how much one pays on tax.

E.g., if ur sis has been keeping record of all the income and expenses intact. All she need to do is get and accountant/ audit to audit her account and then prepare a good documents to back herself up, instead of paying such prices.

The FIRS can only prey on unsuspecting businesses or individuals for such exhorbitant figures. Once u have ur man power to drag it out with them, they dare not infringe on ur rights. Dey only prey on defaulters. I mean, u can't come to a banking sector, insurance or well organized investment and give them such prices.

We look for cheap labor here and we pay for it darely.

For every venture u venture into with brings in money, make sure u have a lawyer and an accountant standby, even if it is on consultancy basis. But we will always want to cut costs.

Yes they have settled it now after after contesting it but not after their small office was sealed .
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by erico2k2(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2017
chizzy161:

Please be sure of what you say. It is obvious you are not well informed.
Im indeed sure of what Im saying, do you have anything to say as to canter what I stated
Since when did FIRS agent become beliefs
PHCN can cut your light take thier light cos thats waht they provide to you FIRS do not have that hence its the Job of the court to effect retrieval of monies owed.
Let me enlighten you more, what happens if next week the Biz changes its name and re brand, what are they FIRS official going to do??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chigoizie7(m): 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yes they have settled it now after after contesting it but not after their small office was sealed .

That's good.

But don't u believe that if she had the man power to do what she did later on( contesting it) initially, that she won't be sealed off @ all?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Jerryojozy:
How do u know they don't pay tax. Every company in Nigeria is mandated to pay tax.

Genius J

What A naive assertion.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by SalamRushdie: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2017
chigoizie7:

That's good.

But don't u believe that if she had the man power to do what she did later on( contesting it) initially, that she won't be sealed off @ all?

Yes very true
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by PassionateSoul(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Lemme digress a bit. See eh, I'm looking for a girlfriend, if you're young beautiful smart and goal driven, holla me. Will be glad to hear from you
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Charly68: 9:13am On Jul 18, 2017
The FIRS boss has woken up from his slumber finally ..if he works well as he did in Lagos,this Govt will have enough fund to prosecute her projects.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chigo003(m): 9:17am On Jul 18, 2017
Are there no companies in the North to seal? Especially Kano and Kaduna
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Jaideyone(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2017
Zico5:
Things are so hard for this Buhari regime o. Everything is just upside down. Nothing to eat, nothing to fall back to. No improvements, no jobs. This man is just synonymous to serious hardship. what's way forward Nigerians.
foolish cooment. We didn't save when we were earning 110 now our family income is 60 naira and we have more mouths to feed. The blame goes to the man in charge of the money when we were earning 110.

BUHARIVhas made numerous mistakes but Nigerians need to understand the situation would have been worse if a wasteful president was still in charge.

Now the fg is going after companies evading tax. Instead of you to compliment the effort. You are still complaining. You need a new brain
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Zico5(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
foolish cooment. We didn't save when we were earning 110 now our family income is 60 naira and we have more mouths to feed. The blame goes to the man in charge of the money when we were earning 110.

BUHARIVhas made numerous mistakes but Nigerians need to understand the situation would have been worse if a wasteful president was still in charge.

Now the fg is going after companies evading tax. Instead of you to compliment the effort. You are still complaining. You need a new brain
U are just senseless for putting ur nose where its not needed. Gej is a failure right but what has Buhari done to salvage the situation. so this is how things should continue till things get out of hands

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Jerryojozy(m): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2017
quentin06:

What A naive assertion.
My assertion is base on the laws of the land. Not hear say like you. I asked a question and u couldn't come up with any factual or statistical answer.

Genius J
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chizzy161(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

Im indeed sure of what Im saying, do you have anything to say as to canter what I stated
PHCN can cut your light take thier light cos thats waht they provide to you FIRS do not have that hence its the Job of the court to effect retrieval of monies owed.
Let me enlighten you more, what happens if next week the Biz changes its name and re brand, what are they FIRS official going to do??
FIRS is Federal Government Agency established by the Law. Their functions are stipulated in the Act that established them. You are free to research in order to be fully informed so as not to mislead people.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chizzy161(f): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

FIRS is a Federal Government Agency established by the Law. Their functions are stipulated in the Act that established them. You are free to research in order to be fully informed so as not to mislead people. It is also important to state that whether an incorporated company changes name or re-brand or not, it cannot in anyway prevent FIRS from carrying out their duty.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by bashydemy(m): 10:48am On Jul 18, 2017
Zico5:
Things are so hard for this Buhari regime o. Everything is just upside down. Nothing to eat, nothing to fall back to. No improvements, no jobs. This man is just synonymous to serious hardship. what's way forward Nigerians.

Typical of a lazy wailing zombie, Despite your ranting and wailing, People are still balling and having fun daily, Go to different clubs to confirm haha..

80% of you people blaming Govt are suffering from laziness, What happen to diversifying, I have seen a Police man, Army, Civil servant etc using their Cars for cab when ever they are free..

The laziness and arrogant of your likes is making things hard for you and if you don't change your ways you will remain so and continue blaming Govt for your woes..
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Jerryojozy:
My assertion is base on the laws of the land. Not hear say like you. I asked a question and u couldn't come up with any factual or statistical answer.

Genius J

Illiterate who cant read, knows something about law.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by bashydemy(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2017
sunshineV:
FIRS this FIRS that. Is FIRS mad?

how citizens don benefit from the tax?

Where the cash dey go sef?

Mtcheeeew. Useless country.

have you ever pay tax before?
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by bashydemy(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2017
davillian:
They have finished sharing oil money and now they want to share tax money.

Government that can not provide any social amenities is that one government.

What did your hero (GEJ) provide with all the money he made from crude oil sales?

Atleast we are seeing good roads, Electricity, Rail lines etc lately..
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by davillian(m): 11:27am On Jul 18, 2017
bashydemy:

What did your hero (GEJ) provide with all the money he made from crude oil sales?

Atleast we are seeing good roads, Electricity, Rail lines etc lately..
It's understandable when you deceive other people but you deceiving your self is what I don't understand.
The only HERO I know is a bottle of BEER
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by chizzy161(f): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

They don't make much the FIRS is just being dubious and opportunist, those companies must have filed in tax returns and the FIRS instead of seeing the reality will reject the filed tax returns and give them any arbitrary figure based on best on Judgement..That how they charged my Seniors sister small firm a tax of 270 million naira despite the fact that her firm hardly makes 1w million naira a year in their small rented office just because they heard it Internet data reseller for main one ... Only those e who are not into business will come here and applaud the FIRS
It is up to your sister to go to their office and clarify issues with them (if any).
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by SalamRushdie: 12:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
chizzy161:

It is up to your sister to go to their office and clarify issues with them (if any).
They have and have since settled

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by sunshineV(f): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
bashydemy:

have you ever pay tax before?

No, comman beat me
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by erico2k2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
chizzy161:

FIRS is a Federal Government Agency established by the Law. Their functions are stipulated in the Act that established them. You are free to research in order to be fully informed so as not to mislead people. It is also important to state that whether an incorporated company changes name or re-brand or not, it cannot in anyway prevent FIRS from carrying out their duty.
I never said they are not established by law, I merely drew you to the fact that they dont enforce debt recovery, this is very simple.The only authorized body to retrieve public debt bailiffs from the High court.
If the owner disregard they sealing and continue trading what is FIRS going to do? can they physically stop them answer is NO, so who stops them? The Beliefs backed by the Police, where do they get such other court house right procedures was for FIRS to take the owners to court secure a Judgment to demand the said SUM.Once this is done the assets can be seized by bailiffs.
Nigerians should be wise,there is no reason for FIRS official to be on site rather they want bribe, They FIRS Enforce NO LAW,they are body set up to receive and manage TAX.
Plz read this link for knowledge base, I have Biz withing Nigeria and I have dealt with these tax idiots multiple times.Read this if you got the time
file:///C:/Users/Dell/Downloads/COLLECTION%20PROCEDURE-9303.pdf
Pay attention to 6 and 7 ,litigation and Demand notice Thank me later.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Jaideyone(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
Zico5:

U are just senseless for putting ur nose where its not needed. Gej is a failure right but what has Buhari done to salvage the situation. so this is how things should continue till things get out of hands
what do you know? Ignorant fellow. Nigeria is not the country that had a recession in the last 2yrs. A country's income for slash by half and you want the man in charge to diversify and perform magic with the snap of a finger? You're more foolishly than I initially concluded. Like I said Buhari made mistakes but the difference between dvmb@ss wailers and balanced critics like me is we know when to give credit. If the FG is going after tax evaders then it's the right decision. Learn to criticise like an intelligent person even if you are not.

BTW I want I want your answer. If your salary gets slashed by half will your savings or net worth still grow at the same rate? That's the meaning of recession. Even Saudi with almost 500b dollars in foreign reserve felt the effect of drop in oil price. More diversified economies felt the effect not to talk of Nigeria that gets 75% of it's forex from crude oil
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Jerryojozy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
quentin06:

Illiterate who cant read, knows something about law.
Hahaha give the answer to my question. Base on ur assertion faro water owned by Atiku, Silver bird by Ben Bruce since there are owned by politician they won't pay tax. I laugh in Swahili!!! I'm not an illiterate, go read your book before u spill trash in public forum like Nairaland.

Genius J
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by erico2k2(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
what do you know? Ignorant fellow. Nigeria is not the country that had a recession in the last 2yrs. A country's income for slash by half and you want the man in charge to diversify and perform magic with the snap of a finger? You're more foolishly than I initially concluded. Like I said Buhari made mistakes but the difference between dvmb@ss wailers and balanced critics like me is we know when to give credit. If the FG is going after tax evaders then it's the right decision. Learn to criticise like an intelligent person even if you are not.

BTW I want I want your answer. If your salary gets slashed by half will your savings or net worth still grow at the same rate? That's the meaning of recession. Even Saudi with almost 500b dollars in foreign reserve felt the effect of drop in oil price. More diversified economies felt the effect not to talk of Nigeria that gets 75% of it's forex from crude oil
There is no need making xcuses for the FG, they have failed period, we just hope next time the then FG will just move us 4ward a bit, how they will do it up to them, thats thier JOB.
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by Jaideyone(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
erico2k2:

There is no need making xcuses for the FG, they have failed period, we just hope next time the then FG will just move us 4ward a bit, how they will do it up to them, thats thier JOB.
your airheads keep shouting failure of PMB while still supporting the failure of JEG who squandered our commonwealth. Yes the current FG has failed to perform a near impossible ask of bettering the lives of Nigerians with half the income of the predecessor who wasted money that could have built infrastructure. My problem with wailers like you is that you try to rub bubus failure in our face while still trying to make us believe Jonathan turned Nigeria to America. The joke is on you pro-PDP cvnts. Shame on you
Re: FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m by erico2k2(m): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
Jaideyone:
your airheads keep shouting failure of PMB while still supporting the failure of JEG who squandered our commonwealth. Yes the current FG has failed to perform a near impossible ask of bettering the lives of Nigerians with half the income of the predecessor who wasted money that could have built infrastructure. My problem with wailers like you is that you try to rub bubus failure in our face while still trying to make us believe Jonathan turned Nigeria to America. The joke is on you pro-PDP cvnts. Shame on you
it would have been wise to quote me on what I said instead of what others said, where in my post did I make assumptions of PMB and GEJ?
And then you start using fancy words calling me cunt etc, well done angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make $400+ Per Month For Life On Amazon Kdp (learn The Smart Way) / Segun Agbaje's Performance As Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) MD / Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.