Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Help! Was My System Hacked Into? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Was My System Hacked Into? (1132 Views)

Someone Has Hacked Into My Yahoomail. What Shld I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Was My System Hacked Into? by Akuviv: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
Guys I need your help. I was going through my mails using my company's system. I opened a mail supposedly from 'WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE' cos I play the on-line game. On clicking the link and discovering it's a fraudulent site (requesting for my details ATM PIN inclusive) I immediately closed the link but discovered that a programme was running/downloading. I shut down immediately and restarted the system only to discover that it was still downloading. Mind you, I was not downloading anything before now.

I want to know if it is possible for these Frauds to hack/access my system as a result of the above action.

REALLY WORRIED, SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE SHOULD PLS ENLIGHTEN ME. Thanks.
Re: Help! Was My System Hacked Into? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2010
Use Task Manager to find out which process the program is downloading under ( I assume you know how to get to the task manager). Give us details of the process. Let us know if you have any problems getting to the task manager.
Re: Help! Was My System Hacked Into? by Pharoh: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2010
Don't you have a firewall or any anti virus software on your system? I suggest you scan your system later but just do as u have been told above.
Re: Help! Was My System Hacked Into? by Akuviv: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
Thanks dear, I'll do just that. God bless you
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Dstv, Hitv, Mytv, Infinity Tv And More! Free Browseing Service With Your Comput / Laptop External Battery Bank Solution Last 11hrs Of Non Stop Power Just 13000k / Real Hide IP 4.4.6.6 ( WORKING PERFECTLY )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.