Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad (32712 Views)

I Go Dye Blasts INEC For Declaring Osun Election Result 'inconclusive / I Go Dye Shows The Pooliside Of His Mansion (Photo) / I Go Dye Supports Efe With N1Million To Ensure He Wins Big Brother Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by neky2016: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Nigerian comedian, I Go Dye, has reacted to Federal Government's plan to ban the production of movies and music videos abroad.

I Go Dye who proposed ways the Nigerian Government can achieve their plan so no one cries of foul play, also asked relevant questions in his post. Here's what he wrote;

"Undoubtedly,entertainment: Music,Comedy,Sport, and Film productions are the highest-ranking human resource export from Nigeria.Government should protect their intellectual property and invest into its capacity building.

I have observed with keen interest the recent reports credited to the honourable minister of information and culture,proposing to ban the production of our indigenous films abroad.instead of such pronouncements,I expect a mutual partnership with government and all stake holders in the entertainments industry.what level of support has government provided to growth of entertainment in terms of protecting their works?p

iracy is still on the high,most of the actors,actresses and producers do not earn what's is obtainable in other parts of the world in terms of technical,social support and general contribution to their well being.I recommend that instead of putting laws to check the issue of films produced outside Nigeria.

Government should invest in the sector to develop it,introduce partnership that will bring about government earning funds from the services provided through technical equipment, logistic sites, and establishment of a standard Nollywood village.more so soft loans should be provided to aid film production ,while the ministry of information and culture should engage the film writer and producers to build contents that can significantly profile our image as a country.instead of confrontation,which will not be in the best interest of both the government and the artistes."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/go-dye-reacts-fgs-ban-movie-music-video-production-abroad.html

Lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Josh890(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2017
Mr president should also return back to the country & stop going abroad for treatment.

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Nellyswiss: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2017
This govt won't kee sombori dey equaly ban schooling and medical treatments abroad mtcheew

38 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by vizkiz: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2017
The federal government have no right to put any law in motion when the president himself has gone AWOL.

57 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by thesuave10(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2017
vizkiz:
The federal government have no right to put any law in motion when the president himself has gone AWOL.

You're talking like if Buhari come back he'll support the artists. He'll just make it worse and tell them to only shoot videos in kaduna grin

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by vizkiz: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
thesuave10:

You're talking like if Buhari come back he'll support the artists. He'll just make it worse and tell them to only shoot videos in kaduna grin

There can never be a restriction order on people's choice of location.

The last time I checked, there was freedom of movement. This idea is simply dead on arrival.

15 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by thesuave10(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2017
vizkiz:

There can never be a restriction order on people's choice of location.

The last time I checked, there was freedom of movement. This idea is simply dead on arrival.

My man go and read our laws Abeg. This is not about freedom of movement

4 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by vizkiz: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2017
thesuave10:

My man go and read our laws Abeg. This is not about freedom of movement
Why don't you enlighten me on these "Laws" that says the government can control where musicians shoot their videos.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Trying to reason with a government that does not reason is like beating a dead horse.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by misspineapple(f): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
ok
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
se FG can not play with you ppl ni, we all know this law can never come to pass.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Husty(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Reading this in Igodye's voice made it sound like a joke to me, with dat him thick Warri accent.

3 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Our govt should better free our entertainment industry abeg...
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by AntiWailer: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
I dnt know why this is an issue.

Ask Govt for their investment plans in entertainment.

Force them to build more villages and ensure it is up to international standard.
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Ugoeze2016: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Everybody reacting. It is not to react, I want to see the end product

1 Like

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by ItuExchange(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
They should also stop politicians from going abroad for treatment. Don't foreign movie producers go to other countries to shoot films? Morons.

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: .com.ng
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by GodIsBiafran: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
Very matured response unlike Peter. I guess Peter's wife has fed him too much ewedu cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Sleyanya1(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
grin

Government that keeps burrowing without refunding.
Will they heed to these suggestions??
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Caustics: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
angry
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by mmBAMz: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
Funny country
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by princechiemekam(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Useless FG....bring back ur kids studying abroad. Carry Buhari wood body come back for Asorock 10 billion clinic...

Mumu people

2 Likes

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by opaco3(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
There are so many issues in Nigeria that demands government attention not video production. What has music video production got to do with poor educational system, bad road, poor health sector and the likes. If i have my way i would suggest the military should plan another coup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by akphrat(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
angry cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Too much political correctness here.
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by chesterlee(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Buhari should return and patronize our Local Meds Dr Iguedo Goko cleanser...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
ok na
Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Eze25daGREAT(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Fg lack ideas

1 Like

Re: I Go Dye Reacts To Fg's Plan To Stop Production Of Movies And Music Video Abroad by Mandynews(f): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Fear no let am insult government, because he made money from Oshiomhole and APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyabo Ojo Stuns In 40th Pre-Birthday Photos / Seyi Tinubu Tells Davido To Do Free Concert For His Fans (Photo) / Eniola Badmus Cruising In A Rolls Royce In Grand Style To Ghetto Bred London Pre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.