Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" (6783 Views)

Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus / A Question To The Atheists: Hardmirror,hahn,hopefullandlord Et Al / Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hey guys, welcome to this debate!

In this thread, I am gonna be debating HopefulLandlord on the "Reality of God". I will be proposing the fact that God's existence is real with my points, and how reasonable is it to believe with me, while HopefulLandlord will be opposing. But, actually I would expect both of us to arrive at a common ground, if it is ever gonna be possible grin grin grin grin , because we gonna be starting with establishing common ground on which this argument will be based on, which is obviously necessary for a logical argument.

Ultimately, as you can see, this is "SECOND DEBATE" between HopefulLandlord and I. If you are interested in the first debate, then click this link https://www.nairaland.com/3287289/

So, HopefulLandlord are you okay with this so far? Or am i missing anything? Your response is needed to be able to continue.

Note: This is strictly between HopefulLandlord and I. As soon as this debate starts, no other person is expected to comment here.

And stay tuned guys!

1 Like

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Chuukwudi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
I think this is foolish. Debating the existence of God the Almighty on intellectual grounds is very futile.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
okay, let's begin
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:
I think this is foolish.
WHY?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:
I think this is foolish.
why do you say so?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
okay, let's begin

Okay, thank you.

Please, every other person should cease from commenting
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Chuukwudi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why do you say so?

Debating the existence of the spiritual by means of the intellect is futile. Not to talk of the existence of the Divine Spiritual Unsubstantiate (God).

The Intellect is gross material and highly limited under the confines of time and space.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:

Okay, thank you.

Please, every other person should cease from commenting

so what are the objective evidences for the existence of your god?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:

Debating the existence of the spiritual by means of the intellect is futile. Not to talk of the existence of the Divine Spiritual Unsubstantiate (God).

if its beyond intellect, how then did you conclude that your God exists?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Chuukwudi(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Through spiritual awakening. Unfortunately, man has developed his intellect over the years living his spiritual intuition lagging behind.

Presently just two connections are left for the common man to connect with his spirit.

1. Arts (music, paintings, etc)
2. Obituaries.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:

Through spiritual awakening. Unfortunately, man has developed his intellect over the years living his spiritual intuition lagging behind.

Presently just two connections are left for the common man to connect with his spirit.

2. Obituaries.

I assume you're a Christian

this "spiritual awakening" has lead to many discovering many gods over the years, how do you rule out a Muslim's "spiritual awakening" and call your own "spiritual awakening" authentic?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by akpamuomenka: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
You did not see confirmed Landlord to debate with na Hopefullandlord you come dey debate with?.

lefulefu 's Akpa amu fall on two of you.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
So, since hopefulLandlord has agreed, we gotta start

Okay, as regards the title: "THE REALITY OF GOD". I would like to point out a honest remark; "NO ONE CAN PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF GOD OR DISPROVE WITH PHYSICAL EVIDENCE". Over the years, no atheist has ever come up to say "I SAW WITH MY 2 EYES THAT THERE IS NO GOD", or a theist say "I SAW WITH MY 2 EYES THAT THERE IS GOD".

There is no such thing like that. Rather, those conclusions are drawn based on the REALITY/LOGICALITY of the points presented by these two parties.

So, this argument will be based on points around each party, pushing for the logicality of one over the other and vice versa.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:

The Intellect is gross material and highly limited under the confines of time and space.
Okay bye, have a nice day!

Don't reply please.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so what are the objective evidences for the existence of your god?

First of all, which "god" are you referring to me?
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Please, ignore the guy. Please!
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:

2. Obituaries.

Okay, bye
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Ever8054: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
since I discovered that atheist are a waste of space and oxygen with brain they don't use I stop debating with them...
..atheist that don't even understand there own point you think would understand your point...?..never..
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Ever8054: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
make Una two Cary Una wahala dey go...
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
akpamuomenka:
You did not see confirmed Landlord to debate with na Hopefullandlord you come dey debate with?.

lefulefu 's Akpa amu fall on two of you.
na for religion section u dey use my name insult person cheesy
may lucifer"s girlfriend give u a deep french kiss cheesy
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by hopefulLandlord: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
I disagree that one cannot prove the existence of your god with physical evidence

it can be done, the god you believed in for Instance sent fire from "heaven" when Elijah prayed

we can put such to the test in a controlled environment and that would be a physical proof

one doesn't need your god to show physically

let me also add that you claim your god is Omniscient, Omnipotent, omnipresent And benevolent

if these claims were true, one can infer from the above and see that a claim won't be that hard

1 omnipresent god is everywhere and with me right now

2 omniscient god knows what to do to convince me

3 omnipotent god can do that thing to convince me

4 a benevolent god would want to convince me

I hope I've not strayed

12 Likes

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hopefullandlord, i think we have not actually started. We have not established a common ground, around the word "God". But, you have already referred me to "god". Which is out of the argument for now.

Let's follow each other's points, and not presuming, unless you have to point that out in your comment, like "I presume".

I must not necessary point out that my religion, because for me, the concept "GOD" is beyond religion. And religion has "ZERO INFLUENCE" over what he concept of God means as regards to this topic.

So, instead of being fast enough to throw out a question to me, in name of "my god", let's first of all have a common ground on what "God" as a concept in this argument in particular mean.

So, being a proposer, I propose that "GOD" as regards to our argument simply means SELF ETERNAL FIRST CAUSE.

You agree?

1 Like

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ever8054:
since I discovered that atheist are a waste of space and oxygen with brain they don't use I stop debating with them...
..atheist that don't even understand there own point you think would understand your point...?..never..
Lol

Have a nice day and make sure you follow the argument, lol
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by Chuukwudi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I assume you're a Christian

this "spiritual awakening" has lead to many discovering many gods over the years, how do you rule out a Muslim's "spiritual awakening" and call your own "spiritual awakening" authentic?

There is only one true God. Only 3 religions on earth proclaim it: Christianity, Islam and Judaism. He is the Creator of the whole universe.

Mine is not a religion. It's a recognition and understanding of the Truth which both Christians, Muslims etc can embrace in order to find their way back to paradise.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I disagree that one cannot prove the existence of your god with physical evidence

it can be done, the god you believed in for Instance sent fire from "heaven" when Elijah prayed

we can put such to the test in a controlled environment and that would be a physical proof

one doesn't need your god to show physically

let me also add that you claim your god is Omniscient, Omnipotent, omnipresent And benevolent

if these claims were true, one can infer from the above and see that a claim won't be that hard

1 omnipresent god is everywhere and with me right now

2 omniscient god knows what to do to convince me

3 omnipotent god can do that thing to convince me

4 a benevolent god would want to convince me

I hope I've not strayed
You have gone astray a little, but we can easily figure it out as we follow each other logically and not on assumption of each other's belief.

I am being very logical here, you are already putting forth statements on the basis of presumption of what my belief might be, and that's not logical. This is not a christian argument. I AM NOT HERE TO PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF A RELIGIOUS GOD. Like my friend kingebukablog has always pointed out here on NL(anyone interested can check his posts out), I hold this view for a long time now though, that GOD'S EXISTENCE IS OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF RELIGION AND RELIGION IS SIMPLY A MEANS MAN WOULD RELATE TO GOD.

Besides, there are many things i disagree with this post. But pointing them without knowing if you agree with he meaning of the concept "God" as i proposed, would simply lead us no where.

So, do you agree with my simple proposition of the concept?

1 Like

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:

There is only one true God. Only 3 religions on earth proclaim it: Christianity, Islam and Judaism. He is the Creator of the whole universe.

Mine is not a religion. It's a recognition and understanding of the Truth which both Christians, Muslims etc can embrace in order to find their way back to paradise.

PLease hopefullandlord, i beg you not to reply this guy. Please let's stay with this debate.
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
NOTE: The simple phrase I gave about God does not actually SUM UP "GOD" in it's entirety as a concept. But, simply an attribute of God that can be used to extend to other attributes in support of of my points
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
Are you still there?

Or are you lost? grin
Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by OtemAtum: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Chuukwudi:
I think this is foolish. Debating the existence of God the Almighty on intellectual grounds is very futile.

It makes sense. This is what all developed countries did that enlarged their brains. This is what Africans fear to do that made their brains undeveloped.

It isn't as if anybody will win a GOD-ARGUMENT, but it helps the brain develop a very strong philosophical background which will eventually result into scientific possibilities.

Thank you Socrates, Plato, Hypatia and co. Nigerian Luwabi and Bantoo's Bongo are not left out too.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by akpamuomenka: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
lefulefu:
na for religion section u dey use my name insult person cheesy may lucifer"s girlfriend give u a deep french kiss cheesy

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by OtemAtum: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ever8054:

What if atheists are only a part of the creator and they only don't believe that the religious gods are the creator, wouldn't they be right while you are wrong?

1 Like

Re: Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God" by ambassagod: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
And scavengers have come!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Muslim Nations Are World's Super Power? / Where Will You Be When The Trumpet Shall Sound? / Are There Any Former Muslims In Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.