Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan (2218 Views)

Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Buhari: Why They Call Me Baba Go Slow & Why I'm Slow - Nigerians React / I have voted. Have you? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
I wasn't a supporter of buhari or Jonathan during the 2015 elections because I saw insincerity written all over their words. I'm going to give a breakdown on the reasons I never voted for Jonathan. Next week would be the turn of buhari.
Enjoy!

confab report
I'm amazed at how people, mostly my igbo brothers stupidly defend this mistake of a politician called Jonathan. This man began a national conference where all tribes in Nigeria were represented so they would deliberate on issues and upon the end of all deliberations,they would submit a report to him which he would send to the Senate for passage. The confab report was submitted on the 21st August 2014. Jonathan left office on 29th may 2015; meaning he had 6months to do something about that report, but he did nothing. He then promised Nigerians that once he's re-elected he will send the report to the Senate for deliberations. In simple terms,instead of sending that report to the Senate who had a pdp in majority as at that time to pass the most important resolutions that would have instant impact on the nation,he chose to do nothing. Today Jonathan advices buhari to look into his 2014 confab report,the same report he wasn't eager to fight for.

The igbo narrative

They say Jonathan loved the igbos,he placed them in important positions. Yes he was important to igbos like Emeka offor,Anyim Pius, Gen ihejirika, Ikedi ohakim,etc. But tell me,how does this work for the betterment of the simple igbo man on the street. Jonathan never completed the 2nd Nigerian bridge he promised to complete,he never completed the east/west road as promised. Even Kick-starting a simple legislation that would enable southern importers make use of the Onne or Port Harcourt port,he never did. As a result of this anomaly,a southern importers has to travel thousands of kilometers down to lagos to get his goods cleared when a port can be found in his backyard.

Power Sector Reforms

Today I heard an idiot say Jonathan improved power generation from 3500 to 6000mw. Yes he did after spending billions of dollars on his power sector reform. Jonathan spent billions refurbishing this power Discos. Afterwards, he sold these Distribution companies to politician friends. The reason we are struggling with power today is this,the politicians who acquired these Discos bought them for profit motive only. They pay little attention to improving their existing infrastructures, reason till this day many Nigerians are yet to get their prepaid meters.These Discos were sold to people who had no expert knowledge about electricity business.
Are Nigerians aware that,power generation is exclusively performed by the FG alone,yet they say they performed power reforms. What kind of a stupid reform ensures the FG alone is responsible for power generation. Where in the world is that done?

petroleum industry
There is no need saying much. For all his rhetorics about refurbishing the refineries,nigeria went into the 2015 election as a major importer of refined fuel. The petroleum industry bill that would have benefitted the larger Nigeria was also not passed as at that time. Important legislations that required nothing but "will power" were left unattended to.

Like I mentioned,I'm neither a supporter of buhari nor Jonathan. Even if pdp wins come 2019 they won't achieve much until the key elements contained in all the confab reports ,from abacha to Jonathan are implemented. And these key elements in summary are :
The need for a new Constitution and having a very small centre(restructuring). Until these things are done even if you bring Barack Obama to come rule Nigeria he will fail.
APC/PDP ARE ONE AND THE SAME.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Ok! Continue
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Continue what? Mediocrity

StephDamielola:
shocked shocked shocked

Ok! Continue

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked
You are walking dead.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by attackgat: 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
GEJ can always boast of one thing, he did a better job than APC

9 Likes

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yes you are right. Buhari is a mistake,but how much was the oil price as at then. Let's say the truth in full,not half truths.
attackgat:
GEJ can always boast of one thing, he did a better job than APC
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
I'm no walking dead,I will keep saying the truth to whoever cares to listen.
beamtopola:
shocked
You are walking dead.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Pierocash(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pple dont seem to understand that crook called Jonathan,there is what they dont understand abt the Confab report.Jonathan initiated and funded the Confab with only one agenda-to Give Himself a 7 year tenure in office.If he had won,he would have implemented that part of the Confab of 7 year tenure,but He misFired and lost.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by ipobarecriminals: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
sad don't trust any man that tell u E nor get shoe.They are fraudsters.

4 Likes

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
I'm no walking dead,I will keep saying the truth to whoever cares to listen.
I m happy you are also feeling the heat of change.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bro I don't think you're saying the whole truth.
But one thing is clear,the current structure of this country will keep ensuring only mediocres like Jonathan and buhari acquire power. The system needs to be disbanded.
Pierocash:
Pple dont seem to understand that crook called Jonathan,there is what they dont understand abt the Confab report.Jonathan initiated and funded the Confab with only one agenda-to Give Himself a 7 year tenure in office.If he had won,he would have implemented that part of the Confab of 7 year tenure,but He misFired and lost.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by dodelight(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
@ OP, So next week you'll also serve us with why you hate Buhari, too, right? This guy must be a sadist.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
And don't trust anyone that tells you he will pight kwarruption and bring down the price of the dollar with the army. I'm not here to support anybody,I'm just here to say the truth as I understand it
ipobarecriminals:
sad don't trust any man that tell u E nor get shoe.They are fraudsters.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
If saying the truth makes me a saddist ,then so be it. A man who speaks the truth has no friends.
dodelight:
@ OP, So next week you'll also serve us with why you hate Buhari, too, right? This guy must be a sadist.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Justuceleague2: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
Normally I don't comment on mumu threads but this one I'll have my say

Don't get me started on corruption and oil sector

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Ehiscotch(m): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
Continue what? Mediocrity

You just pulled off the best thread of the year.
I never voted for either of them too. But I had massive support GEJ in 2011 tho!

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Ehiscotch(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
It beats me how Nigerians still roll out the drums in support for this man.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Warship: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2017
Buhari's recession has not reset the brain of this Op.
Maybe he is not based in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by dodelight(m): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
If saying the truth makes me a saddist ,then so be it. A man who speaks the truth has no friends.
"A man who speaks the truth has no friends" is a typical sadist's maxim. If you speak the truth and your truth aligns with right reasonings you'll surely have a handful acquaintances who believe your truth.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Power generation is not handled by FG, it is the GENCOS that generate power in Nigeria today and sell to the DISCOS

FG is into transmission

Half information is poisonous to weak minds that are quick to believe anythin that align with their ideology

Though I hate GEJ even more than you do but ur reasons are half baked because of your ignorance yet u boast of saying the TRUTH

Next time be concerned with saying the fact not TRUTH wch according to Christian teachings, Only Jesus is the TRUTH, however logically, fact is deductive because truth is relative

Harden not your mind to learning!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Pierocash(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
I stand for absolute restructuring of this faulty contraption called Naija.But my point however is that Jonathan had a different motive for organizing the conference but misfired
illuminated93:
Bro I don't think you're saying the whole truth.
But one thing is clear,the current structure of this country will keep ensuring only mediocres like Jonathan and buhari acquire power. The system needs to be disbanded.
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Is the business of power generation in Nigeria privatized or monopolized? Answer so we will discuss further.
greatiyk4u:
Power generation is not handled by FG, it is the GENCOS that generate power in Nigeria today and sell to the DISCOS

FG is into transmission

Half information is poisonous to weak minds that are quick to believe anythin that align with their ideology

Though I hate GEJ even more than you do but ur reasons are half baked because of your ignorance yet u boast of saying the TRUTH

Next time be concerned with saying the fact not TRUTH wch according to Christian teachings, Only Jesus is the TRUTH, however logically, fact is deductive because truth is relative

Harden not your mind to learning!!!
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
Is the business of power generation in Nigeria privatized or monopolized? Answer so we will discuss further.

Privatized
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
My life path is different from yours,l. Even if you wish me to see me impoverished, I will keep going stronger. Jonathan was a mediocre. I don't support mediocres.
Warship:
Buhari's recession has not reset the brain of this Op.

Maybe he is not based in Nigeria
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2017
My man the business of power generation is still being handled by the FG using the Gencos as proxies. If power generation has been privatized like you claim,why are the states not allowed to generate their own power to simplify power generation?
Rivers state has an independent power plant,but they are forced to send whatever is being generated to the national grid,yet you say power generation has been privatized.
Maybe you'll have to educate me on how you define privatization. The way electricity business is being done in Nigeria goes contrary to what is obtained in developed nations.
greatiyk4u:

Privatized
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
My man the business of power generation is still being handled by the FG using the Gencos as proxies. If power generation is truly privatized like you claim,why are the states not allowed to generate their own power to simplify power generation? The way electricity business is being done in Nigeria goes contrary to what is obtained in developed countries.

I leave you to your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Dmano: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
Op u just post anything that make make u happy as it stand now that points u put out are not facts but just ur imagination becouse as i can see d confab report was send and receives by the 7Senate,while Gencos are the one generate electricity not govt. Always check ur facts ok. Meanwhile if u are in need of a good Housekeepers,Nannies,Cooks,Chefs, Stewards,Laundry man,Drivers,Cleaners etc. Pls call Nsekeng Resources Ventures on 08186153076. If u are in lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Sent and received by who?
Please provide us with a link so we can read and verify.
Dmano:
Op u just post anything that make make u happy as it stand now that points u put out are not facts but just ur imagination becouse as i can see d confab report was send and receives by the 7Senate,while Gencos are the one generate electricity not govt. Always check ur facts ok. Meanwhile if u are in need of a good Housekeepers,Nannies,Cooks,Chefs, Stewards,Laundry man,Drivers,Cleaners etc. Pls call Nsekeng Resources Ventures on 08186153076. If u are in lagos
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by madone: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
OP in ur lifetime you LL continue to mention Jonathan..that man has realm done many things in ur life and family. Am very sure it was during his administration that you got that ur name illuminated93. Just go and thank that man GEJ becos after his administration you re still gaining relevance. Go and sin no more. You better go open a blog or put this ut write up on a book. Jonathan will launch it once that is done

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Like I stated, I don't do mediocres
madone:
OP in ur lifetime you LL continue to mention Jonathan..that man has realm done many things in ur life and family. Am very sure it was during his administration that you got that ur name illuminated93. Just go and thank that man GEJ becos after his administration you re still gaining relevance. Go and sin no more. You better go open a blog or put this ut write up on a book. Jonathan will launch it once that is done
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
F
Re: Why I'm Proud Not To Have Voted Jonathan by madone: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
illuminated93:
Like I stated, I don't do mediocres
ok you rr just pained and frustrated. Or you re just one of those guys whose ideas were not bought or considered in Jonathan's administration and you fighting soo hard to be heard by the APC..lol my guy APC came in with their own people no vacancy you better wait for another administration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Civil War Finally Declared In ‘BIAFRA’ Against NIGERIA By ‘major Nkuma’ / How Phone-triggered Gas Explosion Killed Top Osun Director(pics) / Throwback Pictures Of Gen Shehu Musa Yar' Adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.