Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets (11318 Views)

Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / Buhari Chides SGF For Not Inviting Orubebe To Democracy Lecture / How NNPC Act, BPP Contract Clause Frustrated Kachikwu’s Bid To Micro-manage Baru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
APC is a corrupt free government.

2 Likes

Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

I doubt, this news no favour them so they won't come out
Has any news favoured them in recent times? How many buharyst of 2015 are still with him today? Tell sarrki to submit account details for the N5k stipend to 25m poorest Nigerians and watch him show up sharp sharp!
APC Is Dead.... Tonyebacarnista 2017

1 Like

Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Has any news favoured them in recent times? How many buharyst of 2015 are still with today? Tell sarrki that account details for the N5k to 25m poorest Nigerians and watch him show up sharp sharp!
APC Is Dead.... Tonyeb acarnista 2017
PDP shall rise again ma, I'm happy that many of them decamped to the APC. Its going to great cone 2019 when Nigerians would come back to their first love PDP
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by okeamuboy: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Your submission have no correlation to the matter. Read the post carefully this time.

"According to the report, the highest saving came from the Ministry of Power amounting to N224 billion.
The report, however, failed to point out why such a huge sum was left unspent but it was indicated that some of the projects that were tucked in were not realistic and thus un-executable.
"

This is what i am talking about.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by 400billionman: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
Shey fashola is in charge of Power ministry ?

I came to check name.

Nah them yahoo yahoo ministers.

He wants to dig borehole again and open website with N224billion.

1 Like

Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by Sunnyja: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
oakslid:
In explaining how MDAs that got their 100% request did it, BPP explained that Science and Technology requested for and awarded contracts worth N580 million; Youth and Sports, N1.1 billion; Communication Technology, N101.1 billion and EFCC, N311 million

Now tell me how a nation with serious intentions awards 580 million for science and technology while 1.1 billion goes for sport and 101 billion for communication technology. Moreover, isn't communication technology suppose to b an offshoot of science and technology. We keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.
Nigeria is a huge joke. They will rather struggle to include languages like Arabic and religious studies in our school curriculum, buget peanuts for science and technology and billions for propangadan.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

PDP shall rise again ma, I'm happy that many of them decamped to the APC. Its going to great cone 2019 when Nigerians would come back to their first love PDP
Nigerians have no other choice. Nigerians have married two husbands and can tell which treated them better.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by bkool7(m): 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:
Authority Stealing

Why should one hope in a country where a Fashola can appropriate Billions of Naira (as he did in Lagos) and no one complains yet if it's someone else the whole of Social Media in Nigeria will be agog?

Why are we like this? We justify our man's stealing but attack another?

If Fashola is a Saint then Ibori is a Hero. If Fashola is a super minister then Saraki is a Credible Senate President

When we support 'our thief' do we not see that there is justification for others to support their's?

Nigeria WILL NOT get better this way. Where some people think it can be good for only them and everyone else can go to blazes.

Please shut up before you make a fool of this forum
We condemn Fasola ...just like ibori and Saraki.
A thief is a thief
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by 400billionman: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jolar101:
APC is a corrupt free government.
Nah so..
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by bkool7(m): 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

God forbid we vote pdp again

We have over 60 political parties, whats wrong with our youth? Have the rogues in pdp left pdp?
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
bkool7:

God forbid we vote pdp again

We have over 60 political parties, whats wrong with our youth? Have the rogues in pdp left pdp?
Sure, PDP is now as purr as snow, obasanjo and co are all gone
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by three: 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
bkool7:

Please shut up before you make a fool of this forum
We condemn Fasola ...just like ibori and Saraki.
A thief is a thief

bkool7:

light has improved in Nigeria
maybe not in biafra
we don't even ration light again ...and that has been happening since

bkool7:

you better hang yourself if lagos status is giving you sleepless nights

Lagos has been a popular destination even before 1914

bkool7:

Fortunately, I, am from Iwo in Osun state .

And I can't help but notice some inconspicuous punctuation errors in your comment too.

bkool7:
When its all said and done...we the people of Kogi state and nigerians in general are. the real winners in this senario
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by sarrki(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Has any news favoured them in recent times? How many buharyst of 2015 are still with him today? Tell sarrki to submit account details for the N5k stipend to 25m poorest Nigerians and watch him show up sharp sharp!
APC Is Dead.... Tonyebacarnista 2017

Gbenu re dake

Otin jabo ju
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by sarrki(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Unfortunately I don't have sarrki's personal number. But just press his mumu button and the zombie go show one time.

Odabipe Oyo ife Mi gan

Emiti marry ooo

But ma WO case e wo
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
sarrki:

Gbenu re dake

Otin jabo ju
CROWNWEALTH09, I told you he would come grin
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
okeamuboy:

"According to the report, the highest saving came from the Ministry of Power amounting to N224 billion.
The report, however, failed to point out why such a huge sum was left unspent but it was indicated that some of the projects that were tucked in were not realistic and thus un-executable.
"

This is what i am talking about.
Who employs a super minister who seats with a team of experts to prepare a "budget of change", only for the BPP to slash it so much they saved N224b due to contracts that were un-excutable. What made these contracts un-excutable and whose idea were they?
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by Bimpe29: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
The aforementioned Ministries and Offices have always been a CONDUIT PIPES. Which country padding has epped?
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by teepain: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
The original intention was to embezzle it but for the cat and mouse relationship between the executive and legislature. No doubt, they would have invoiced a major part of it, the little returned was because they could not tie it to something untraceable. Fashola is a smart thief, they should always scrutinize his budgets very well and cut down any bogus demands.

Sadly it would be inappropriate to blame the ministries entirely for this unspent budgeted sum because of our untidy budgetary process, wherein national assembly members rework the budget by inserting expenditure heads after budget and without recourse to the preparer of the budget.

To break it down

1. A minister prepared his budget requesting N10000 for projects A, B, C, D.

2. The national Assembly inserts projects E, F & G for the members selfish interests and approves the total sum of N15000

3. The minister refuses to execute the projects initiated by the national Assembly members (rightfully so, because some of these projects such as village boreholes, lg Secretariat, town hall buildings et all are not the business of FG) and at the end of the fiscal year, retires the unspent funds.

4. Some Nigerians then accuse the minister of budget padding.

The practice of national Assembly inserting projects into budgets occured under OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ and is happening under PMB. Until they stop this practice it becomes difficult to hold the ministries accountable for not implementing projects that they neither initiated nor bought into.

Nigeria is a joke and we deserve the charlatans that parade themselves as our leaders.

The youths aren't thinking and the elites are riding roughshod on us by exploiting religious, ethnic and political differences!

CC Saraki, Tonyebarcanista, CharlotteFlair
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by three: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
teepain:

Sadly it would be inappropriate to blame the ministries entirely for this unspent budgeted sum because of our untidy budgetary process, wherein national assembly members rework the budget by inserting expenditure heads after budget and without recourse to the preparer of the budget.

To break it down

2. The national Assembly inserts projects E, F & G for the members selfish interests and approves the total sum of N15000

3. The minister refuses to execute the projects initiated by the national Assembly members (rightfully so, because some of these projects such as village boreholes, lg Secretariat, town hall buildings et all are not the business of FG) and at the end of the fiscal year, retires the unspent funds.

The practice of national Assembly inserting projects into budgets occured under OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ and is happening under PMB. Until they stop this practice it becomes difficult to hold the ministries accountable for not implementing projects that they initiated nor bought into.

Nigeria is a joke and we deserve the charlatans that parade themselves as our leaders.

The youths aren't thinking and the elites are riding roughshod on us by exploiting religious, ethnic and political differences!

Would you be kind enough to highlight the National Assembly portion of the FMPW's 2016 budget?

You seem to be privy to these figures based on you writeup
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by teepain: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
three:

Would you be kind enough to highlight the National Assembly portion of the FMPW's 2016 budget?

You seem to be privy to these figures based on you writeup

I do not enjoy any privity beyond what is available in the public domain.

That said, you may recall the allegations of Honourable Jibrin (former Chairman of Appropriations Committee, House of Reps).

The gentleman alleged, among other things, that Dogara and others inserted 2000 projects valued at 284 billion Naira in the 2016 national budget. Curiously, the National Assembly did not deny the allegations but argued rather it was within their rights to insert expenditure lines.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by jamace(m): 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
These are Christians and Muslims stealing from their brothers and sisters.
Confirmed, religion is a mockery in Nigeria. cry
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by freeman67: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
magoo10:
The Efcc has a lot of job fishing out corrupt elements in these institutions, but because the Nigerian govt decide to build strong men rather than strong institutions, the fight against corruption will continue to be a mirage. what we have is political officials everywhere.
there is little hope for Nigeria.

If that is corruption then the right agency to do the Job is ICPC..EFCC from their name and mandate is not to tackle corruption but financial crime. Going by the report, the offence there does not seem to be pocketing the money but anyhow spending. Its high time we started differentiating between corruption and stealing/embezzlement of public funds. Though both are related as corruption could lead to financial crime or as the corruption could be used as a mean for embezzlement or financial crime but there are not the same. I believe the government that created the two agencies knew exactly what they were doing.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by 989900: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2017
Most don't even get the drift.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by iluvdonjazzy: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
fashola may be the most corrupt ex govr, but because of the wealth of lagos people could not take notice, now in federal, 1st was 20billion for anonimous project, now padding.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by Winning123: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
The original intention was to embezzle it but for the cat and mouse relationship between the executive and legislature. No doubt, they would have invoiced a major part of it, the little returned was because they could not tie it to something untraceable. Fashola is a smart thief, they should always scrutinize his budgets very well and cut down any bogus demands.

I can see how stupid and unintelligent both of you are. The purpose of BPE is to ensure value for money in public Procurement. When their is a contract to be awarded, the ministry in question invites bids which the BPE opens and varifies which one is cost effective. They then award a certificate based on their verification. In this way country saves a lot of money. This prevents over inflation of contracts
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by TijaniAbu: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
"Saint" Fashola indicted ko? Na big thief.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Winning123:

I can see how stupid and unintelligent both of you are. The purpose of BPE is to ensure value for money in public Procurement. When their is a contract to be awarded, the ministry in question invites bids which the BPE opens and varifies which one is cost effective. They then award a certificate based on their verification. In this way country saves a lot of money. This prevents over inflation of contracts
What is this fool talking about?
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
teepain:

To break it down

The practice of national Assembly inserting projects into budgets occured under OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ and is happening under PMB. Until they stop this practice it becomes difficult to hold the ministries accountable for not implementing projects that they neither initiated nor bought into.

I bet you are Fashole's from your write up niccur?
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by teepain: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
I bet you are Fashole's from your write up niccur?

I'm not into the business of engaging mannerless dolts who hide under the anonymity that the internet provides to call people names.

I enjoy intellectual discourse and apparently you are punching above your weight. I don't play in your league.
Re: BPP Indicts CBN, Power Ministry, SGF For Padding Budgets by CharlotteFlair: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
teepain:

I'm not into the business of engaging mannerless dolts who hide under the anonymity that the internet provides to call people names.

I enjoy intellectual discourse and apparently you are punching above your weight. I don't play in your league.
Mehn stfu! You are just an empty skull and a butterfly who thinks himself a bird! Answer the question, are you Fashole's spokesman? Were you present during the budget preparation?

(1) (2) (Reply)

#AnambraDecides: APC Candidate , Andy Ubah Casts Vote - Pictures / INEC Confirms Eyitayo Jegede As Recognized PDP Candidate In Ondo State- SR / Governor Wike Compensates Port-Harcourt Fruit Garden Market Fire Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.