Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe (3367 Views)

Massive Protest Against Coup By Executive / Saraki’s Farcical July 4th Coup By Chido Onumah & Godwin Onyeacholem / Just In: Update On The Planned Coup By The Military And Those Behind It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Ekiseme(m): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
[/quote]
Arda1000:
thanks bro, i even found out his igbo but i think his not full blooded igbo
what's the criteria to ascertain a full blooded igbo please?
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by ipodstinks: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
p
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Malawian(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2017
cowardafonja:

Obulu na ibu onye Igbo chegharia na'oge.
My classmate in boarding school could speak, read and write in Igbo. Even got an A in senior waec. A yoruba guy named Fola
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Nnabugwu8590: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:
Actually, you are the one (attempting to) practice (ing) revisionism, we all know the history, stop trying 5o change the narrative. Your attempt reeks of either ignorance or dishonesty, I'm not sure which.
The facts remain, as the previous commenter said. It is painful to watch you try to revise history, and then claim it is the other party trying to do so.
Here is what happened, from the very beginning. The north was initially the most powerful political bloc in the country due to the size and homogeny of the region. In order to have a fair political playing ground, the Action Group (AG) at the time attempted to unite with the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC). But there were only 2 slots available for the leadership of the just birthed country, these slots were the prime minister and the president position. Nnamdi Azikiwe (who wanted unification of the regions, according to the Kwame Nkrumah school of thought,Kwame wanted One Africa as a bigger playing field with him as the overall leader)of the NCNC (Nnamdi Azikiwe wanted the same for Nigera) in his quest for power he cut a deal with the north to be the president of the country, leaving Awolowo and the AG out in the cold.
By the time the dust of the elections settled, the prime minister turned out to be the highest position in the land, with the president as a mere figurehead. This didn't bode well with Zik and the eastern political elite at the time who wanted to be number one. Their fear was that the north would perpetuate itself in power. The calculation leading to this thought, was that whoever got control of the country at that budding stage most likely was going to rule for a lifetime (like what's happening in Zimbabwe now).
So Zik reached out to the boys in uniform to achieve what he couldn't at the polls, snatch power, hence the coup.
So please OP, don't act like you are the only one who went to school in the whole village and the rest of us are mere illiterate farmers.
Cheers.

And the same Zik you accused according to your above statement is the one that still insisted in one Nigeria when the Nigeria civil war was about to end. Is like you are supporting revisionism.
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by cowardafonja: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Malawian:

My classmate in boarding school could speak, read and write in Igbo. Even got an A in senior waec. A yoruba guy named Fola
.mmadu ibu afonja is just a terrible thing. They lie like ekwensu.
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Kagawa10: 12:48am On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

A coup led by Nzeogwu a south south man is Igbo coup,but when it comes to Biafra agitations,two face lying humans will say it's only 5 Eastern states that are involved. Why not pick a struggle, nonsense

Yet every regional leaders were killed apart from the Ibos? Actions of the said coup confirmed it was an Ibo coup. Not forgetting that an Ibo man, Ifeajuna was the second in command. Moreover, majority of the coup plotters were core Ibos from the East!

What more? Nzeogwu confirmed that the coup was tribal in the south, the east to be precise because he never expected his core Ibo brethren would protect their Ibo leaders in the East.
The coup was an Ibo coup, nothing more!

2 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by tifany89(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
Kagawa10:

Yet every regional leaders were killed apart from the Ibos? Actions of the said coup confirmed it was an Ibo coup. Not forgetting that an Ibo man, Ifeajuna was the second in command. Moreover, majority of the coup plotters were core Ibos from the East!

What more? Nzeogwu confirmed that the coup was tribal in the south, the east to be precise because he never expected his core Ibo brethren would protect their Ibo leaders in the East.
The coup was an Ibo coup, nothing more!
Dude I can't argue with you. Believe whatever you want if dat makes u feel better. If it's possible for you to claim Ademoyega was Igbo I know you would. He gave his account of wat happened in his book 'why we struck', this is someone that was fully involved in the planning process to the execution. But you that know absolutely nothing is here displaying ignorance and u think you are doing me, you are doing yourself. Even Obasanjo in his book 'Nzeogwu' gave his own accounts of events and no where did anybody these men made mention of the coup being an Igbo coup but you feel you know better than these men and u expect me to argue with u? Like I said believe whatever makes feel happy, that is your own cup of tea

1 Like

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nnabugwu8590:

And the same Zik you accused according to your above statement is the one that still insisted in one Nigeria when the Nigeria civil war was about to end. Is like you are supporting revisionism.
Did you read where I wrote that Zik was in support of a one Nigeria? The coup wasnt intended to break up Nigeria or cause a civil war. It was merely to grab power for the igbo race. That is why it's leaders were mostly untouched in that pogrom. Which ultimately led to Aguiyi Ironsi the highest ranking soldier in the army, snatching power from the highest ranking civilian at the time- Nwafor Orizu who was senate president, by forcing him to hand government over to him, at gunpoint. At this time Zik was conveniently away on a state trip. Both Igbo men, who miraculously were left standing after the coup. Isn't it instructive that after such a coup, commited by soldiers from mainly igbo extract, the highest ranking soldier and civilian alive were both Igbo men? C'mon man.

2 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

Dude I can't argue with you. Believe whatever you want if dat makes u feel better. If it's possible for you to claim Ademoyega was Igbo I know you would. He gave his account of wat happened in his book 'why we struck', this is someone that was fully involved in the planning process to the execution. But you that know absolutely nothing is here displaying ignorance and u think you are doing me, you are doing yourself. Even Obasanjo in his book 'Nzeogwu' gave his own accounts of events and no where did anybody these men made mention of the coup being an Igbo coup but you feel you know better than these men and u expect me to argue with u? Like I said believe whatever makes feel happy, that is your own cup of tea
Saying because Ademoyega was involved in the coup, so it wasn't an igbo coup is basing your argument on the wrong premise.
Its like saying, the 1966 counter coup wasn't committed by the hausa against the igbos just because yoruba soldiers played a part.
If you are willing to accept this my premise, then I automatically accept yours that the Nzeogwu coup wasn't an igbo coup.

3 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by tifany89(m): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Saying because Ademoyega was involved in the coup, so it wasn't an igbo coup is basing your argument on the wrong premise.
Its like saying, the 1966 counter coup wasn't committed by the hausa against the igbos just because yoruba soldiers played a part.
If you are willing to accept this my premise, then I automatically accept yours that the Nzeogwu coup wasn't an igbo coup.
Dude nobody has ever blamed yorubas for the counter coup. It was mainly and purely an hausa/fulani affair. Why most of you likes turning truth on its head is beyond me. Okay wat about the consequent coups? Gideon orkar coup is it a middle bet coup? I have told u feel free to believe what u want. If saying it's an Igbo coup makes u sleep well tonight den so be it but it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't. Are you earn aware that most of the junior officers used in that coup were hausas? It was just d officers that were mainly Igbo. At times I wonder if most of you can't reason independently. Is there any way the coup could v been successful to that extent without active participation of the junior officers? Just read d OPs write up with a free mind and den ask yourself pertinent questions
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dedetwo:

When most dumbass Nigerians who knew absolutely nothing about historic events in Nigeria, they start off calling opposing views ignorant. The above crap is as ignorant as it look. What an idiotic slight. Kwame Nkrumah was still a Wharf Clark when Zik came back from USA. Tafawa Balewa was a British creation.
Lol, you apparently know less. When Kwame Nkrumah was president of Ghana in 1957, Zik was a newspaper editor.

1 Like

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

Dude nobody has ever blamed yorubas for the counter coup. It was mainly and purely an hausa/fulani affair. Why most of you likes turning truth on its head is beyond me. Okay wat about the consequent coups? Gideon orkar coup is it a middle bet coup? I have told u feel free to believe what u want. If saying it's an Igbo coup makes u sleep well tonight den so be it but it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't. Are you earn aware that most of the junior officers used in that coup were hausas? It was just d officers that were mainly Igbo. At times I wonder if most of you can't reason independently. Is there any way the coup could v been successful to that extent without active participation of the junior officers? Just read d OPs write up with a free mind and den ask yourself pertinent questions
I understand that nothing I tell you will change your mind. They say a man will never learn something, if his livelihood depends on not learning it.

1 Like

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

A coup led by Nzeogwu a south south man is Igbo coup,but when it comes to Biafra agitations,two face lying humans will say it's only 5 Eastern states that are involved. Why not pick a struggle, nonsense
Chukwuma Nzeogwu is south south. Wow. Talk about revisionism.

1 Like

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by tifany89(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

I understand that nothing I tell you will change your mind. They say a man will never learn something, if his livelihood depends on not learning it.
Dude my livelihood depends on nothing. How many unbiased accounts of the events have you read? I have read more than enough and not one made mention of the coup being an Igbo coup so wat are you saying? I even read from yorubas authors so if maybe there is something you know, why not put it in a book
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by tifany89(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Chukwuma Nzeogwu is south south. Wow. Talk about revisionism.
So you don't even know he is from Delta state? I thought I was even engaging someone that was worth interacting with but this just goes to prove you are as ignorant as they come. When you have read like 5 different books, you can come back and engage me for now Bye
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

So you don't even know he is from Delta state? I thought I was even engaging someone that was worth interacting with but this just goes to prove you are as ignorant as they come. When you have read like 5 different books, you can come back and engage me for now Bye
Please don't lose hope in "educating" me.
There was no delta state at the time, OK?
He is from anioma, which means "good land" in igbo language no less. Does anioma mean anything in any indigenous south south language? Please translate. I have also even heard he is from Kaduna, anything to disown him right?
Only 5 books? Now that is shallow.
You better grab a chair.

1 Like

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Kagawa10: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
tifany89:

Lmao.

The actions of the said group confirmed it as an ibo coup, even if Nzeogwu had wanted to kill every regional leader but he was a fool to think his selfish ibo brethern from the East (who were actually the majority in the coup) would do justice and kill Ibo leaders. In fact, Nzeogwu confirmed that the coup went tribal in the East unlike he envisaged.

And don't forget, a core ibo man, Ifeajuna was the second in command in the said coup. Ademoyega was only told what to do, he didn't oversee the coup...

2 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Arda1000(m): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2017
Ekiseme:
thanks bro, i even found out his igbo but i think his not full blooded igbo what's the criteria to ascertain a full blooded igbo please?
been full blooded means ur parents have to be igbo no mixture
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Ekiseme(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Arda1000:
been full blooded means ur parents have to be igbo no mixture
before nko? Abubu m nwadiala ndi awusa before?
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Arda1000(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ekiseme:
before nko? Abubu m nwadiala ndi awusa before?
den bido mewa ka ezi nwa afo igbo
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by DerideGull(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Lol, you apparently know less. When Kwame Nkrumah was president of Ghana in 1957, Zik was a newspaper editor.

No, Zik has already employed an editor of his own newspaper. I guess you are a loudmouthed ingrate who will dwell more on hearsay than actual facts. About 1954, Zik was a regional premier. There is no doubt it will amount to suicide if you are forced to do the math. You can, at least, agree that 1954 preceded 1957. In 1934 when Azikiwe returned to Africa, Kwame Nkrumah was a Wharf Clark. You can now check your level on intellectual scale.
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
DerideGull:

No, Zik has already employed an editor of his own newspaper. I guess you are a loudmouthed ingrate who will dwell more on hearsay than actual facts. About 1954, Zik was a regional premier. There is no doubt it will amount to suicide if you are forced to do the math. You can, at least, agree that 1954 preceded 1957. In 1934 when Azikiwe returned to Africa, Kwame Nkrumah was a Wharf Clark. You can now check your level on intellectual scale.
Ingrate hunh? What exactly should I be grateful for again?
The fact that Zik and his brothers scuttled the democracy of Nigeria for personal political reasons.
Or that SL Akintola and Ahmadu Bello were murdered through Ziks political schemings while the premier of the East as well as he were the only surviving top members of government.
Or that the coup he instigated where other regions were killed brought forward Aguiyi Irons from his region to grab power. Of course the narrative would have been different today if the north did not retaliate in a counter coup.
It's high time easterners admit they tried to grab power and failed, that is even more honourable than this charade. At least you did that as Men. Stop whining like girls because you lost out on a game you started.
And by the way, Zik was still editor of the west African pilot as at 1957, alongside his political career.
Here is a little medicine for your cough.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27état

2 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by petrov10: 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
ERockson:
It pains igbos when people tell the story of igbo coup and they first shed the first blood.

IT IS IGBO COUP AND NOTHING ELSE
we hear it is igbo coup
But dull fellow like you will still not agree that
Maj. Nzeogwu from delta state, was an igbo man undecided
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by realborn(m): 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
smiley
Interesting debate guys. Very informative too.

My inputs:

1. Was it an Igbo coup? No it wasn't.

2. Who led it? Led by charismatic Officers of Igbo extraction (as defined at the time).

3. Was there an Igbo (tribal) connotation? No. Awolowo (a Yoruba man) was to be the key beneficiary.

4. Who foiled the coup? Notable Igbo senior officers, Ironsi and Ojukwu played a key role. Ironsi was the key driver to the failure.

5. Did Ironsi have ulterior motives? No. His appointment as Head of State was not his decision.

6. Key reason for the counter coup? The Officers of Northern origin as defined at the time were disgruntled and displeased at the inadvertent unplanned outcome of the coup which saw an Igbo man emerge as Head of State. They were also displeased that no serious decisions had been taken against the coup plotters.

7. Has there been any coup with the absolute consent if a tribe? No. Just officers who gravitated towards each other based on common grievances. It is normal to find Officers of same ethnic extraction flock together for such intents.

8. Is there need for endless arguments? No. Coups have so far benefited no tribe. The North with the longest cumulative "Head-of-State" years, remain very impoverished.

9. Way forward: irrespective of tribe, let us all find methods and ways to economic salvation. Rwanda has left us....

Nb:
All is vanity!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by njelrapheal: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
ERockson:
It pains igbos when people tell the story of igbo coup and they first shed the first blood.

IT IS IGBO COUP AND NOTHING ELSE
it was not an Igbo coup
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
my question is what would Igbo's think if something like this is carried out by the hausas or Yoruba against Igbo's.

that is, if an Igbo president was killed by soldiers dominated by the northerners in a coup living their own people in government.

would they accept it in good fate?

2 Likes

Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by tifany89(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Please don't lose hope in "educating" me.
There was no delta state at the time, OK?
He is from anioma, which means "good land" in igbo language no less. Does anioma mean anything in any indigenous south south language? Please translate. I have also even heard he is from Kaduna, anything to disown him right?
Only 5 books? Now that is shallow.
You better grab a chair.
Nobody is disowning anybody. So now it has to do with the coup Anioma is now Igbo but when u comes to any other thing it's south south? Hypocrisy like this weakens me. Those that plan the coup didn't meant for it to turn out the way it is. They wanted to savage Nigeria coz of everything going on at the time. People jubilated after the coup until certain persons for obvious reasons gave it a tribal colouration. Read about events that led to the coup maybe you will become more enlightened and try to red with an unbiased mind . Nigerians are difficult people.
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by cumbak60: 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:
Actually, you are the one (attempting to) practice (ing) revisionism, we all know the history, stop trying 5o change the narrative. Your attempt reeks of either ignorance or dishonesty, I'm not sure which.
The facts remain, as the previous commenter said. It is painful to watch you try to revise history, and then claim it is the other party trying to do so.
Here is what happened, from the very beginning. The north was initially the most powerful political bloc in the country due to the size and homogeny of the region. In order to have a fair political playing ground, the Action Group (AG) at the time attempted to unite with the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (NCNC). But there were only 2 slots available for the leadership of the just birthed country, these slots were the prime minister and the president position. Nnamdi Azikiwe (who wanted unification of the regions, according to the Kwame Nkrumah school of thought,Kwame wanted One Africa as a bigger playing field with him as the overall leader , Nnamdi Azikiwe wanted the same for Nigera) in his quest for power he cut a deal with the north to be the president of the country, leaving Awolowo and the AG out in the cold.
By the time the dust of the elections settled, the prime minister turned out to be the highest position in the land, with the president as a mere figurehead. This didn't bode well with Zik and the eastern political elite at the time who wanted to be number one. Their fear was that the north would perpetuate itself in power. The calculation leading to this thought, was that whoever got control of the country at that budding stage most likely was going to rule for a lifetime (like what's happening in Zimbabwe now).
So Zik reached out to the boys in uniform to achieve what he couldn't at the polls, snatch power, hence the coup.
So please OP, don't act like you are the only one who went to school in the whole village and the rest of us are mere illiterate farmers.
Cheers.

Tales by moonlight
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by cumbak60: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
realborn:
smiley
Interesting debate guys. Very informative too.

My inputs:

1. Was it an Igbo coup? No it wasn't.

2. Who led it? Led by charismatic Officers of Igbo extraction (as defined at the time).

3. Was there an Igbo (tribal) connotation? No. Awolowo (a Yoruba man) was to be the key beneficiary.

4. Who foiled the coup? Notable Igbo senior officers, Ironsi and Ojukwu played a key role. Ironsi was the key driver to the failure.

5. Did Ironsi have ulterior motives? No. His appointment as Head of State was not his decision.

6. Key reason for the counter coup? The Officers of Northern origin as defined at the time were disgruntled and displeased at the inadvertent unplanned outcome of the coup which saw an Igbo man emerge as Head of State. They were also displeased that no serious decisions had been taken against the coup plotters.

7. Has there been any coup with the absolute consent if a tribe? No. Just officers who gravitated towards each other based on common grievances. It is normal to find Officers of same ethnic extraction flock together for such intents.

8. Is there need for endless arguments? No. Coups have so far benefited no tribe. The North with the longest cumulative "Head-of-State" years, remain very impoverished.

9. Way forward: irrespective of tribe, let us all find methods and ways to economic salvation. Rwanda has left us....

Nb:
All is vanity!
Nigeria is unworkable. Be realistic for goodness sake.
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by Nnabugwu8590: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Did you read where I wrote that Zik was in support of a one Nigeria? The coup wasnt intended to break up Nigeria or cause a civil war. It was merely to grab power for the igbo race. That is why it's leaders were mostly untouched in that pogrom. Which ultimately led to Aguiyi Ironsi the highest ranking soldier in the army, snatching power from the highest ranking civilian at the time- Nwafor Orizu who was senate president, by forcing him to hand government over to him, at gunpoint. At this time Zik was conveniently away on a state trip. Both Igbo men, who miraculously were left standing after the coup. Isn't it instructive that after such a coup, commited by soldiers from mainly igbo extract, the highest ranking soldier and civilian alive were both Igbo men? C'mon man.
My dear, you are still supporting revisionism because the Zik you accused of personal interest worked against it by supporting one Nigeria. If according to you that he reached out to uniform men to achieve what he could not achieve democratically, then don't you think for him to support Biafra during the Nigeria civil war would have been his better option because power will forever be disconnected to the north. After the civil war till date, have you read or heard where any of the first coup plotters accused Zik for betraying them in the agreement, (i.e according to you "to take over power from the north" )
When the coup took place, where was Ojukwu and what was his take of action in the coup?
Re: Syllabus Of Deceit! (the Truth About The First Coup) By Olisa Akukwe by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 12:55am On Jul 23, 2017
tifany89:

Nobody is disowning anybody. So now it has to do with the coup Anioma is now Igbo but when u comes to any other thing it's south south? Hypocrisy like this weakens me. Those that plan the coup didn't meant for it to turn out the way it is. They wanted to savage Nigeria coz of everything going on at the time. People jubilated after the coup until certain persons for obvious reasons gave it a tribal colouration. Read about events that led to the coup maybe you will become more enlightened and try to red with an unbiased mind . Nigerians are difficult people.
There are Igbo in delta, my friend, just like there are Nigerians in bakassi. Division of states is what made them fall into delta state. At the time they were relevant to the coup, they were from Anioma, no Delta State which firmly made him (Nzeogwu) igbo.

Let's look at a comprehensive list of the organisers of the coup,
Nzeogwu
Onwuatwegu
Okafor
Ademulegun
Ifeajuna
Anuforo
Chukwuka

Let's look at a comprehensive list of the people killed
CIVILIANS
Balewa
Bello
Akintola
Okotie Eboh
Musa
Bello
Ademulegun
Sardauna
Pategi

ARMED FORCES
Ademulegun
Maimalari
Shodeinde
Mohammed
Mohammed
Largema
Pam
Unegbu
Oyegoke
Girkana
Nimzo
Anduka
Lai
Lewande

And guess who emerged from this all with power
Ironsi

What do you guys think now?

According to Wikipedia
"Acting President Nwafor Orizu made a nationwide broadcast, after he had brief President Nnamdi Azikiwe on the phone the decision of the cabinet, announcing the cabinet's "voluntary" decision to transfer power to the armed forces. Major GeneralJohnson Aguiyi-Ironsi then made his own broadcast, accepting the "invitation".

The top echelon of government was so strategically wiped out that
An eastern man in " Nnamdi Azikiwe" who was president consulted with another eastern man in "Nwafor Orizu" who was senate president, to give power to another eastern man in "Aguiyi Ironsi" who was GOC.

An igbo man (Ironsi) brought about this unitary system of government, which (guess what) was such a good idea then because the east was in power and unification would have put him in control of the whole country. It was sweet that time.The other regions didn't want.
Now the same east is crying, claiming it doesn't want again, it wants biafra, it wants restructuring, it wants secession, simply because the east was comprehensively whooped at a game it started.
It was an easterner that forced us into unitary government by enactment of decree.

It's clear the east tried to grab power and failed.

Even if history will be revised by you, you can't change the players or the events, you can only attempt to change the narrative, unfortunately. And that won't work.

React to that.

Last word... I know nobody ask me, but I will say.
I believe strongly in the Igbo people, im in absolute awe and in love with the spirit of excellence and industry the Igbo people stand for the world over, not just in Nigeria.
Igbo people are at the top of all fields of human endeavour; education, the arts, business, science, literature etc. And these feats are not achieved by mere dancing. And I pray for the continuous advancement of the Igbo race, regardless of the geopolitical situation they find themselves in.

However history is history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Received A Call From PDP This Evening / Osun Pdp: Certificate Of Return Scandal Bursted! / PDP Could Not Do This In 16yrs But APC Did It in 5yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.