Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled (650 Views)

Akwa Ibom State PDP Governor Primary Election Cancelled!!! / Jigawa Election Cancelled. / Anambra State Pdp Primary Election Cancelled.rumor Andy Uba Given Mandate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chiozor: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2010
Court yesterday declare that INEC cannot conduct election in Anambra State because they need 8 Commissioner to form quorum, they currently has 4 commisioners, as the other 4 tenure has expired. Only the President can make such appointments.
See source:http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=165852
More problems ahead grin
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by queenesthr(f): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2010
So Peter Obi will rule forever?
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chiozor: 11:00am On Feb 05, 2010
It will certainly lead to a constutional crises. Peter Obi tenure when expire could be taken up by the Speaker until election is conducted but in Anambra they have different tenure as the Speaker tenure will expire nexy year and Peter Obi this year.
all I can say is whala dey!whala day!!wahala dey!!! grin grin grin
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 05, 2010
chiozor:

It will certainly lead to a constutional crises. Peter Obi tenure when expire could be taken up by the Speaker until election is conducted but in Anambra they have different tenure as the Speaker tenure will expire nexy year and Peter Obi this year.
all I can say is whala dey!whala day!!wahala dey!!! grin grin grin

Chei! Chineke biko bia nyere anyi aka.

I don't know the speaker, but one thing I know is this, he is either pro Andy Uba or pro PDP, either way Anambra State will start the backward journey.

I am getting more and more ashamed to be called a Nigerian. This is the darkside of this "oneness". Lo and behold, we cannot choose our leaders.
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by safeact(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2010
Ouch, d constitution did not specifically say who holds on power in dis case again! we are doomed then! Excuse me pass jare!
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2010
@poster

is is this reallly true? i dont believe this
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chiozor: 12:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
yes it true, the court ruling was made yesterday in Lagos and with that the election will be cancelled and even if it holds, it is null and void,
All Whala dey!wahala dey!!wahala dey!!! grin
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by naijaswag1: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
I love this grin
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by blacksta(m): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
Please  be adviced that the election is still on . As far as INec is concerned it has not been served any court papers
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
babaearly:

@poster

is is this reallly true? i dont believe this

Read story. here.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/default.htm

If they will obey the law, then the Anambra State elections will not hold.
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chiozor: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
though the election may go because they have not been served court papers, it will create room for litigation later by losers in the contestant. mind you newsprint publication is also accepted as notice in law. this will form basis of going to court to declare the election null and void while the temporary winner loots the state dry,
all wahala dey!wahala dey!!wahala dey!!! grin grin grin
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chosen04(f): 12:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
noblezone:

I am getting more and more ashamed to be called a Nigerian.  

You deserve a BOTTLE! Why?, for not pretending like those "oneness puns"
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chidichris(m): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
this is where the best president nigeria has ever seen left us.
the country is so lawless that obi can decide to rule forever.
if every state can behave like abia state, apga can decide to hold on to the state as long as pdp hold on to nigeria.
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by Kx: 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
shocked
Re: Implication Of Yardull Absence-anambra Election Cancelled by chiozor: 1:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
^^^the yes have it

(1) (Reply)

Aondoakaa Has Been Removed. Hurray! / Nigeria Policemen Arrested for Killing Boko Haram Sect members without trial / Alert: Rallies Can Become Bloody.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.