Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC (1082 Views)

Buhari Has Not Rejected Restructuring – APC / Restructuring: APC Present 12 Point Of Agenda To Nigerian / Reconsider Restructuring APC Chieftain To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by NothingDoMe: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
By Omeiza Ajayi

ABUJA – The All Progressives Congress APC has explained its confusion in the face of clamour by some Nigerians for a restructuring of the country, saying it does not understand what such people mean by that. Consequently, the party has set up a committee to come up with the party’s own definition of restructuring.

APC said the committee which is headed by the Governor of Kaduna state, Nasir el-Rufa’i is not to come up with modalities for restructuring the country but to merely define the concept as it does not understand the meaning of the concept as being bandied about by some Nigerians. “We just finished the meeting with our governors and we considered a number of issues. They include the issue of restructuring, national convention of the party and that these regular meetings would be expanded to include principal officers of the national assembly from now on”, said the party spokesman, Bolaji Abdullahi.

The party spokesperson spoke Thursday in Abuja shortly after a meeting of its National Working Committee NWC and its 24 state governors. Flanked by the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Abubakar Yari of Zamfara state, Simon Lalong of Plateau and Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Abdullahi said; “When we talk about a committee on restructuring, what we are talking about is a committee that will articulate what APC means by restructuring because we have realised that over a couple of days now or weeks, when people use the word restructuring we don’t know if we are talking about the same thing and people have gone about saying APC promised restructuring.

“So we really need to sit down to develop a shared understanding of what we mean by restructuring in our manifesto. So this committee that is setup that will now be chaired by the governor of Kaduna is mainly to define what APC means by restructuring, so that every member will know what we exactly mean”.

Other members of the 9-member committee are governors of Osun State, Rauf Aregbesola, Kano, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Plateau, Simon Lalong, Ogun, Ibikunle Amosun and a former Governor of Edo State, Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor. Others are APC National Organising Secretary, Sen. Osita Izunaso, National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi and Sen. Olubunmi Adetunmbi who would serve as secretary.

APC had on several occasions denied promising to restructure the country, explaining that it only promised ‘devolution of powers’ as well as ‘true federalism’. The party had also recently said it could not deliver on this first item on its manifesto, saying in light of the economic situation in the country, its major priority was putting food on the table of Nigerians.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/dont-understand-nigerians-mean-restructuring-apc/

Lalasticlala oam4j mynd44
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by EgusiSoup: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
grin

We don't care weather you knows or does not knows we are just waiting for 2019 so we can correct the mistake make by yoruba people.

It is too late.

7 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Just as I don't understand why it's hard for me to see your squad leader PMB, president that cannot make a video call to his VP instead he had to travel to London.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Armstrong34(m): 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
EgusiSoup:
grin

We don't care weather you knows or does not knows we are just waiting for 2019 so we can correct the mistake make by yoruba people.

It is too late.

Una sha like to blame me the Afonja.

Unfortunately Afonja & IPOB na like

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by MrImole: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
How u wan take understand am?
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
EgusiSoup:
grin

It is too late.

English grin

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Vutseck(m): 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:

English grin
Is English your mother language .

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Vutseck:

Is English your mother language
No, but that is our official language and it is expected that Nigerian graduates should be able to use it with acceptable level of understanding.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by MasterKim: 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
EgusiSoup:
grin

It is too late.
Satan punish English

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Vutseck(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
This APC Govt is totally confused

No direction .

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Flashh: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Did APC just say this?

Now proven, these people are confused and have nothing good to offer.

10 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Vutseck(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:

No, but that is our official language and it is expected that Nigerian graduates should be able to use it with acceptable level of understanding.

A matured and learned person focuses on the msg and not it's correctness

.bye the way, when did it become a criteria to be a graduate before your voice can be heard

grow up boy

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Vutseck:

A matured and learned person focuses on the msg and not it's correctness

Because the msg was delivered by a product of merit educational system as opposed to the quota system, right?
Then what do these products of merit educational system actually mean by "illiterates" whenever they describe products of quota systems?
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by ayzTIGER: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Una go understand when there's no other option than balkanization of the zoo

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
MasterKim:

Satan punish English
grin grin grin
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Freemancipation: 11:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
Restructuring was written in APC party manifesto but now they got elected they don't know what it means.

This constant hypocrisy by Nigerian politicians is why people are supporting Mazi Nnamdi Kanu election boycott.

It doesn't matter what party it is. They lack principles and Nnamdi Kanu pointed out that is the biggest problem of these political prostitudes.

Look at tinubu that used preach sovereign national conference in the 90s.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by Vutseck(m): 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:

Because the msg was delivered by a product of merit educational system as opposed to the quota system, right?
Then what do these products of merit educational system actually mean by "illiterates" whenever they describe products of quota systems?

what is your take on restructuring ?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Vutseck:

I'm indifferent.
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by eph12(m): 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
So now a committee is needed to define restructuring? What a joke!

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by eph12(m): 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:
I'm indifferent.
So what do you care about?
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
eph12:

So what do you care about?
None of your biz
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by eph12(m): 11:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
nextprince:

None of your biz
Never said it was. I guess you're just one of those that are more interested in having e fights. Don't worry your kids will get to this point and experience same problem with Nigeria since you're indifferent.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 12:01am On Jul 20, 2017
eph12:

Never said it was. I guess you're just one of those that are more interested in having e fights. Don't worry your kids will get to this point and experience same problem with Nigeria since you're indifferent.
Already taking it as your biz and I insist, it is none of yours.
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by eph12(m): 12:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Vutseck:

He is more interested in having e-fights he probably has no clue what restructuring is.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 12:04am On Jul 20, 2017
eph12:

He is more interested in having e-fights he probably has no clue what restructuring is.
Yes, I don't have clue on the whole concept, are you now satisfied?
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by eph12(m): 12:08am On Jul 20, 2017
nextprince:
Yes, I don't have clue on the whole concept, are you now satisfied?
I don't feel satisfied but pity. It's still none of my biz tho grin

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by nextprince: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2017
eph12:

I don't feel satisfied but pity. It's still none of my biz tho grin
You FEEL pity, yet none of your biz.

Very logical. grin grin grin

Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by otosa(m): 12:17am On Jul 20, 2017
I think by 2019 APC will surely understand what the Restructuring means. The first question they should ask themselves is that are they ruling us on Federal system of Govt. or Unity. If they truly understand the deference within Federal system and Unity of Govt. they will know what Nigeria mean by Restructuring. Awon were gbogbo.
Re: We Don’t Understand What Nigerians Mean By Restructuring – APC by dodelight(m): 7:04am On Jul 20, 2017
Is there anything you (APC) even understand at all?

(1) (Reply)

A COMBATANT Vehicle Made By A Biafran On Display In Nnamdi Kanu Residence / President Buhari Broadcast, A Hate Speech / Imo State Commissioner For Happiness Resume Work -pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.