Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards (835 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Wizkid On His MOBO 2017 Awards Win / Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Wizkid On His MOBO 2017 Awards / Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by MrNollyzone: 6:34am On Jul 20, 2017
The 13th edition of African Movie Academy Award went down as one of the most star packed events of the year. As usual, it was an event that made so many people look forward to seeing top female Nigerian celebrities on the red carpet..

But to our utmost dismay, actors like Omotola Jalade, Mercy Aigbe, Toyin Abraham, Mercy Johnson, Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic were not at the event which got a lot of people wondering.

The Africa Movie Academy Awards has been one of the most anticipated awards in Africa and as the years go by, the award becomes more competitive .

Nollywood divas were not at the event and it left us with the question of why they were absent. Was it because they were not nominated for the awards or they had more important businesses to attend to?

For the Fashionista, Mercy Aigbe, report had it that she is presently not in the country, but if she was nominated in any of the categories, would she not have been there?

Speaking about the other actresses who may be probably around, what do you think could have made them shun the event. If they were not nominated like some have stated as their reason for not attending, how about their colleagues and friends that were nominated, couldn’t they have been there to cheer and celebrate with them?

Truth be told, it seems Nigeria is concentrating more on producing good movies and neglecting individual performance as they allow other country to cart away these awards. This explains why for the very first time in history, no Nigerian actor won an individual category at the 2017 African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) .

Senegalese movie, ”Felicite”, became the biggest winner of the night as the movie scooped a total of six awards which include awards for best film, best actress in a leading role and best actor in a supporting role.

AMAA 2017 held at the Eko Hotel & Suites on July 15th 2017 .

http://news.nollyzone.com/popular-nollywood-stars-shunned-amaa-2017-awards-not-nominated/
Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3

Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by SmartchoiceNGR: 6:43am On Jul 20, 2017
So you expect the awarding body to give awards for cursing words or thuggery , African JuJu, voodoism or badly copied western movies?

Omotola Jalade's time is gone.
Genevieve is overrated.
There's really nothing of substance to point to in the Nigerian movie industry.... Except for a very few one's... which unfortunately are also not easily accessible to the populace. Hence all these factors contribute to we sticking with foreign movies and voting for them!!!

4 Likes

Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
well..I gat no much to say..Dan...life na turn by turn
Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by Hotshawarma(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:
. Except for a very few one's... which unfortunately are also not easily accessible to the populace. Hence all these factors contribute to we sticking with foreign movies and voting for them!!!
Your generalization is just funny....we??what happened to saying "some of us"??millions of nigerians still stick to Nollywood movies anyday anytime...."wedding party" and some several Nollywood movies became the most watched movies at the cinemas all over nigeria,who watched those movies??are they not nigerians??are they ghost??african magic stations like Africa Magic epic,Africa magic world,africa Magic yoruba Africa Magic igbo even the hausa sef on Dstv remains the most watched channels on Dstv here in nigeria according to Dstv nigeria...the people watching it are still the same set of people that will come online and say i don't watch Nollywood movies....hypocrisy .even with common sense and observation we know a lot of people watch Africa Magic.....yeah Nollywood need to do more and they need a lot of improvement to do but at least they are trying with the little resources they have...and don't dare compare them with many foreign movies that are shot with millions of dollars......here in nigeria most of the movie producers use money from their own pocket to shoot a movie you cannot compare it with so many movie industry abroad that have good structures to assist producers financially ...and also good government that supports them massively.........Nollywood are not there yet but at least for now they are trying their best with the little resources........and u saying genevieve is overrated well there are a lot of Hollywood actresses that are overrated too for example the lady that acted "Wonder Woman" some people feel she is just beautiful and sexy but that she is not a good actress same way some other people feel she is really a good actress so everyone with their own opinion about the actress.....so yeah to you and some people genevieve is overrated meanwhile to some other people she is NOT overrated....and saying omotola time Don pass I laugh in Spanish,maybe outsiders see it that way but some of us that have the privilege to be in the movie industry in one way or the other would just laugh and say this one does not know what he is saying...the only reason many of u don't see omotola on many movies these days is because of the outrageous amount she now charges to act in a movie ...currently omotola charges at least 2.5million Naira to act in a movie.....the only thing that would make her accept less is if the movie producer is her very very good friend or the person that brought her to limelight or maybe her colleague.:....am talking based on facts and reality of someone in the industry....in the Nollywood and even hollywood settings sef...."the higher the amount you charge for a movie the lesser the number of movies you appear in"...for example someone that charges 200000naira would feature in more movies than someone that charges 2million Naira etc.....cheap commodity get more sales

1 Like

Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by SmartchoiceNGR: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Long epistle. No substance.

Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by crazymommy(f): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:
Long epistle. No substance.
Sincerely what that guy said is totally true...and there is substance in it....as for me genevieve is a very good actress and he is right about the movie industry though....
Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by SmartchoiceNGR: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2017
crazymommy:
Sincerely what that guy said is totally true...and there is substance in it....as for me genevieve is a very good actress and he is right about the movie industry though....

Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by crazymommy(f): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=SmartchoiceNGR post=58643294][/quote]oops sorry I thought the person I quoted is a matured mind...never knew he is a baby kid........
Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by SmartchoiceNGR: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2017
crazymommy:
oops sorry I thought the person I quoted is a matured mind...never knew he is a baby kid........
Thanks. Have fun.
Re: See Reasons Why Popular Nollywood Stars Shunned amaa 2017 Awards by crazymommy(f): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

Thanks. Have fun.
K

(1) (Reply)

Vector The Piper**i Wish I Can Arrest His Lips Into My Mouth* / “don’t Tempt Your Husband’s Libido With Yeye Housemaids” – Nigerian Guy Shares O / I'm Innocent, Please Pray For Me - Dammy Krane Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.