Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC (13251 Views)

Senate Begins Annual Vacation, To Resume September 15 / NFIU Office Burgled In Aso Rock, Computers And Other Items Taken Away / Senate Begins Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by hollowpot15684(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2017
wow, I saw this coming.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
They will act as fast as possible, since is their interests.

Corrupt Nigeria government.

The kind of corruption going on in APC administration is so deeper and darker than darkest tunnels.

Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by BetaThings: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dee60:
I had a lot of criticism for Saraki's senate but I am having to rethink.

Let us face it quickly - Not everything the Senate does should be seen as bad and not everything the FG does should be seen as good. Government should work together for common good, all led by the FG. Failure to do that means government as a whole has failed the people. Sad to say, this seems the situation now.

You really think the Senate want a very strong anti-corruption environment?
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Dee60: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
BetaThings:

You really think the Senate want a very strong anti-corruption environment?

Corruption in Nigeria is both endemic and systemic. Every where you turn you will find it, hospitals, schools, roadside mechanics, everywhere. I wont hold brief for the Senate, but fighting symptoms will not give lasting results. Why single out the Senate? Do you think the executive really want a strong anti-corruption environment? If yes, what are the cabals up to? Is it just power? Is there not corruption in that?

When people point accusing fingers they create rancor instead of rapport, and make engagement difficult. The losers at the end of the day will be the governed.

There are only 2 people in the executive talking about anti-corruption (maybe 3). There is no critical mass. Unfortunately, the executive is not 3 people. When last did the head of any MDA come out to discuss with the public on how they want to fight corruption? Apart from a few statements by Lai Mohammed who else in government has said anything lately?
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Lumig: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
Jolar101:
They will act as fast as possible, since is their interests.

Corrupt Nigeria government.

The kind of corruption going on in APC administration is so deeper and darker than darkest tunnels.
Oga!!! It's not a party/APC problem, but a Nigeria issue. Either APC or PDP, Na the same set of pple
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Blue3k(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
nextprince:
Pls, whose job should this be? Legislature or Executive?

These thieves getting more desperate by the day to save their stinking asses from Magu.

It's both actually. The EFCC exist as an act of NASS. If they wanted to desolate email it tomorrow they could. I don't think it's best idea either but Nigeria doesn't want to be suspended from EGMONT Group.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lumig:
Oga!!! It's not a party/APC problem, but a Nigeria issue. Either APC or PDP, Na the same set of pple
If I may ask, sir. These corrupt politicians in government don't give a damn about you but their personal interests.

Nigeria government leaders are making money in Nigeria, investing Nigeria's taxpayers money in abroad's economies.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by nwamehn: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2017
quiverfull:
This corrupt senate is just looking for all avenues to cut Magu down to size. The president will not assent to this stupid amendment.

But it can still be made law without the president's assent. Constitutionally, they mustn't wait for him to assent to it if he refuses and they ar really determined to enact such a law.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Lumig: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2017
Jolar101:

If I may ask, sir. These corrupt politicians in government don't give a damn about you but their personal interests.

Nigeria government leaders are making money in Nigeria, investing Nigeria's taxpayers money in abroad's economies.

Yeah! We're saying the same thing. Don't let us use party politics to confuse and divide ourselves as electorates /populace, instead let's come out as ONE against the political class either APC or PDP. Cos we are weakening our voices when we start pointing accusing fingers at a certain party.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2017
Lumig:
Yeah! We're saying the same thing. Don't let us use party politics to confuse and divide ourselves as electorates /populace, instead let's come out as ONE against the political class either APC or PDP. Cos we are weakening our voices when we start pointing accusing fingers at a certain party.
My responsibilities are to hold those in power currently(present government) complete accountable, not when they nolonger in government.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Lumig: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jolar101:

My responsibilities are to hold those in power currently(present government) complete accountable, not when they nolonger in government.
They are both running the show my brother esp The Senate

1 Like

Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
The arrest of Dasuki, Metuh, FFK etc has not changed much in the life of ordinary Nigerians and guess what? It won't change much either!

People need to calm down keep their emotions to one side and listen to what Saraki is saying. The guy understand how the system works and how to solve our problems.

When Fuel Subsidy scam was raised in the Senate under the Jonathan administration it was Saraki that raised it.

If you listen to Saraki on issues like Budget, fuel subsidy, fertilise subsidy scam, how to plug loopholes in NNPC you see a man serious about changing Nigeria for the better!

Locking people up is great but that on its own is not enough to eradicate corruption
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Saraki on election reforms

Some people are trying to change Nigeria without making noise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1Dm3mSG5c
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Here I see a man willing to subject himself to the law and clear his name. That can only be a good thing, no one is above the law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FsRvfvaoPM
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by orisa37: 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
They are two distinct Bodies. It was fraught with Politics and Corruption to lump them in the first instance.
Re: Senate Begins Move To Separate NFIU From EFCC by kpo4real: 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
na true say goodluck Jonathan na mistake but Buhari na the greatest error Nigeria every made.
mistake is what u did once and u correct it but error na mistake u made and u still continue with it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Supporters At Gombe APC Campaign Flag Off / Abdulrasheed Maina: Court Freezes 23 Properties / Kano: Tribunal Sacks NNPP Rep Member, Datti Umar, Returns Apc's Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.