Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) (33491 Views)

Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Doctor Slumps On Duty In Kogi Hospital (photo) / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by spacetacular(f): 11:17am On Jul 21, 2017
Protein0:

Kindly check her answer to my question.
I just weak. angry

Prior to the administration of Haloperidol these MUST be done.

1. Assessments for hallucination and level of consciousness both initially and throughout the therapy.

2. Obtain a complete health and psychological history especially with regards to cardiovascular and neurological disorders. Include blood studies such as CBC, liver enzymes, and electrolytes and obtain an EKG.

3. Drug history to determine possible drug reaction and allergies.

During therapy tests must be conducted at intervals. A high value (greater than 50 ng/mL) for the test may indicate haloperidol toxicity,

which is marked by:
Vomiting
Elevated blood pressure
Loss of consciousness
Seizures
Stupor
Nausea
Anxiety

A low value (less than 3 ng/mL) for the test may indicate more haloperidol is needed to achieve a therapeutic dose

From what I just wrote above you can tell the man died from haloperidol toxicity.

So you were saying?
Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by Protein0: 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
spacetacular:

Prior to the administration of Haloperidol these MUST be done.

1. Assessments for hallucination and level of consciousness both initially and throughout the therapy.

2. Obtain a complete health and psychological history especially with regards to cardiovascular and neurological disorders. Include blood studies such as CBC, liver enzymes, and electrolytes and obtain an EKG.

3. Drug history to determine possible drug reaction and allergies.

During therapy tests must be conducted at intervals. A high value (greater than 50 ng/mL) for the test may indicate haloperidol toxicity,

which is marked by:
Vomiting
Elevated blood pressure
Loss of consciousness
Seizures
Stupor
Nausea
Anxiety

A low value (less than 3 ng/mL) for the test may indicate more haloperidol is needed to achieve a therapeutic dose

From what I just wrote above you can tell the man died from haloperidol toxicity.

So you were saying?
I still repeat, state the names of the specific tests to be conducted prior to haldol prescription.
Tests ma.
Thanks
Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by Protein0: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
spacetacular:

The required tests are attached to all these I listed. Wrong diagnosis kills and every medical precaution must be followed

Kindly state just the requited tests ma.
Just the tests
Pls.
Thanks
Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by doctokwus: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Protein0:

Kindly check her answer to my question.
I just weak. angry
Just saw it.Obvious that one just googled and pasted.
She doesn't even understand what she read and pasted.
Can't reply that type.
Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by Protein0: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
doctokwus:

Just saw it.Obvious that one just googled and pasted.
She doesn't even understand what she read and pasted.
Can't reply that type.
grin cheesy
"Me" love sarcasm mi lipsrsealed
Re: Graduate Dies After Wrong Diagnosis By Lagos Hospital (photo) by jbblues24(m): 1:23am On Jun 02, 2019
Vastly thought out! Yup. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Contaminated Sprite Soft Drinks In Circulation - NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians / Governor Ganduje Inspects Kano Cancer Center Ongoing Construction / ‘I Tried To Jump Into Lagoon To End 36-year Illness’ (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.