Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

3 Things Prayer Cannot Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do (1442 Views)

Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice. Prayer Cannot Take The Place Of Obedience. / Prayer Cannot Fix Nigeria, Says Pastor / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by jesusword: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
There is power in prayer and power through prayer. God has ordained a way to change the world; touch its inhabitants and all planets. To accomplish this, God has ordained an unstoppable force that can penetrate the earth and heaven. The way to bring order to the world and all creatures is through prayer.

God has purposed that men pray to change things. Animals, plants, birds or other creatures are not ordered to pray except man. This is one of the ways that show that God has exalted man above His angels and other creatures. “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet. All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas”. Psalm 8:4-8

Despite the fact that all men are expected to pray, it is not all that know how to pray. In fact, many are so ignorant of the act of prayer, that they don’t know that it is expected for them to pray. Some pray but they are simply praying amiss. It is a great privilege to know how to pray and not pray alone but pray effectively. “Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit”. James 5:17-18

The above verses made us know that Elijah prayed and shut the heavens that it did not rain for three years. He single-handedly through the power of prayer changed the seasonal order. This shows that there is nothing that prayer cannot change including the laws of nature.

Elijah is not the only one who did this mighty deed in the scriptures. Joshua also prayed and the sun and moon stood still. “Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day”. Joshua 10:12-13..........................
http://www.iselljesus.com/2017/07/3-things-prayer-cannot-do.html
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by Kenerd: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
Do you know that prayer can't regrow amputees' lost limb(s)?
Do you know that prayer can't stop millions of babies from dying everyday?........

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by branhampaul: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
Prayer can't do anything, Prayer has never done anything.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by oaroloye(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
SHALOM!

jesusword:
There is power in prayer and power through prayer. God has ordained a way to change the world; touch its inhabitants and all planets. To accomplish this, God has ordained an unstoppable force that can penetrate the earth and heaven. The way to bring order to the world and all creatures is through prayer.

Having so hyped The Power of Prayer, I wonder how you are going to tell us that there is something Prayer cannot do.

. MATTHEW 17:14-21.

14. And when they were come to the Multitude,
there came to him a certain man,
kneeling down to him,
and saying,

15. "Lord, have Mercy on my son:
for he is lunatick, and sore vexed:
for ofttimes he falleth into the Fire,
and oft into the Water.
16. “And I brought him to thy Disciples,
and they could not cure him."

17. Then Jesus answered and said,

"O Faithless and perverse Generation,
how long shall I be with you?
How long shall I suffer you?
Bring him hither to me.”

18. And Jesus rebuked the Devil;
and he departed out of him:
and the child was cured from that very Hour.

19. Then came the Disciples to Jesus apart,
and said,

"Why could not we cast him out?"

20. And Jesus said unto them,
"Because of your Unbelief:
for verily I say unto you,

'IF YE HAVE FAITH AS A GRAIN OF MUSTARD SEED,
YE SHALL SAY UNTO THIS MOUNTAIN,

"REMOVE HENCE TO YONDER PLACE;"

AND IT SHALL REMOVE;
AND NOTHING SHALL BE
IMPOSSIBLE UNTO YOU.'

21. "Howbeit this kind goeth not out
but by Prayer and Fasting."

God has purposed that men pray to change things. Animals, plants, birds or other creatures are not ordered to pray except man. This is one of the ways that show that God has exalted man above His angels and other creatures. “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet. All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas”. Psalm 8:4-8

There is nothing here to show that God has not Commanded other Creatures to Pray.

Do you read the WHOLE Bible before Believing Doctrines, or do you just invent or adopt stupid ideas, and cling to them, whether The Bible corroborates them, or not?

. REVELATION 5:13.

13. And every creature which is in Heaven,
and on the Earth,
and under the Earth,
and such as are in the Sea,
and all that are in them,
heard I saying,

“Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power,
be unto Him that sitteth upon the Throne,
and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”

Despite the fact that all men are expected to pray, it is not all that know how to pray. In fact, many are so ignorant of the act of prayer, that they don’t know that it is expected for them to pray. Some pray but they are simply praying amiss. It is a great privilege to know how to pray and not pray alone but pray effectively. “Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit”. James 5:17-18

What "PASSIONS," like or unlike, are supposed to have to do with Prayer, we are not told.

The above verses made us know that Elijah prayed and shut the heavens that it did not rain for three years. He single-handedly through the power of prayer changed the seasonal order. This shows that there is nothing that prayer cannot change including the laws of nature.

This does not follow.

It just shows that, yeah, Prayer can do THAT one thing.

There is no need to EXAGGERATE, and say that "THE LAWS OF NATURE WERE CHANGED," "PRAYER CAN DO ANYTHING," and such nonsense, based on this ONE INCIDENT.

Elijah is not the only one who did this mighty deed in the scriptures. Joshua also prayed and the sun and moon stood still. “Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day”. Joshua 10:12-13..........................
http://www.iselljesus.com/2017/07/3-things-prayer-cannot-do.html

WOT? No point?

Where is my "THREE THINGS PRAYER CANNOT DO?"
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by oaroloye(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
SHALOM!

Kenerd:
Do you know that prayer can't regrow amputees' lost limb(s)?

PRAYER CAN REGROW AMPUTEE LIMBS.

Ex-Bishop Dr. ALBERTO RIVERA, giving a NEGATIVE EXAMPLE of "SATANIC POWER" in Roman Catholicism described the Healing of an amputee at the LOURDES, FRANCE shrine to the Virgin Mary.

He said that this amputee from the knee downward, soddenly developed a BALL OF FLESH where his KNEE should have been, that dropped down like a ball of hot wax, and became a calf, shin, ankle, and foot, fully formed and healthy- right before his very eyes.

[See: THE FORCE, by Jack T. Chick.]

Where were you, on that day?

During the Pentecostal Revivals of the 1960-70s period, Healing of Lepers, who had lost fingers and toes and stuff, and they are wont to do, were Healed instantaneously. A participant in many of these Crusades, Lawyer EMEKA NWANKPA, of the Christian Students Social Movement (CSSM), told me this in person. You can contact HIM, and Ffind oyt more details.

AMPUTEES have to REPENT THEIR SINS, just like everyone else.

The one I know personally, MUKAILA AKANBI, a Muslim, is cynical, and lazy, and refuses to do ANYTHING to help himself.

I tried to get him to go see T.B. JOSHUA, who boasts the ability to Heal ANYTHING, but he just sits in his wheelchair, doing nothing.

Do you know that prayer can't stop millions of babies from dying everyday?........

No, actually, I do not know that.

I know that there are MILLIONS of babies who DIDN'T die.

A MAJOR FACTOR in why HEALING PRAYERS FAIL is that the person who wants Healing ONLY wants Healing for THEIR Case- they DON'T CARE about ANYONE ELSE. They may even want to WITHHOLD Healing from certain people.

There was a young woman dying of some Blood Disorder that required regular transfusions, and a co-worker kept it from me, until she died.

I demanded to know why she hadn't told me that this woman was sick.

She told me, that she knew me, that I would give her all the cash I had, to help her; whereas, she wanted me to give that money to HER.

I could not believe that a FULL GOSPEL Christian was telling me this.

A few years later, her sister fell ill, and had to be hospitalized.

I asked her why they kept going to that USELESS Church, whose Pastor and Prayers couldn't do DICK- it is called LOSERS LODGE... or something like that. She wouldn't talk to me again, and they refused my advice to use WATER THERAPY to cure her condition.

Several months later, she had a relapse, and died, when her sister could no longer afford Dialysis treatments.

She had had PLENTY OF TIME to learn HOW TO PRAY PROPERLY, but didn't.

ALL the cases are something like THAT.
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by oaroloye(m): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
SHALOM!

branhampaul:
Prayer can't do anything,
Prayer has never done anything.

CHRISTIANITY is not the only Religion that Prays.

Several Religions seem to know how to Pray Effectively.

From 1979-1985, I Healed myself of Chronic Malaria through Prayer alone.

(After that, I used FASTING alone, for thirty years.)

Why are you using the name of BRANHAM, and are ignoring the ministry of WILLIAM BRANHAM, a famous Christian Healer, who would Prophesy the personal details of people whom he Healed. Many of these services were recorded on audio tape. They are still available today.

Some of the Miracle Healing Crusades of Evangelist TOMMY LEE OSBORN, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA were captured on film.

If you ask them nicely, they will give them to you.
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by branhampaul: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

CHRISTIANITY is not the only Religion that Prays.

Several Religions seem to know how to Pray Effectively.

From 1979-1985, I Healed myself of Chronic Malaria through Prayer alone.

(After that, I used FASTING alone, for thirty years.)

Why are you using the name of BRANHAM, and are ignoring the ministry of WILLIAM BRANHAM, a famous Christian Healer, who would Prophesy the personal details of people whom he Healed. Many of these services were recorded on audio tape. They are still available today.

Some of the Miracle Healing Crusades of Evangelist TOMMY LEE OSBORN, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA were captured on film.

If you ask them nicely, they will give them to you.
well, who gives a sh*t about WMB, many of his prophecies never came to pass. beside his foundation is christainity, meanwhile christainity is crap.!
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by Kenerd: 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

PRAYER CAN REGROW AMPUTEE LIMBS.

Ex-Bishop Dr. ALBERTO RIVERA, giving a NEGATIVE EXAMPLE of "SATANIC POWER" in Roman Catholicism described the Healing of an amputee at the LOURDES, FRANCE shrine to the Virgin Mary.

He said that this amputee from the knee downward, soddenly developed a BALL OF FLESH where his KNEE should have been, that dropped down like a ball of hot wax, and became a calf, shin, ankle, and foot, fully formed and healthy- right before his very eyes.

[See: THE FORCE, by Jack T. Chick.]

Where were you, on that day?

During the Pentecostal Revivals of the 1960-70s period, Healing of Lepers, who had lost fingers and toes and stuff, and they are wont to do, were Healed instantaneously. A participant in many of these Crusades, Lawyer EMEKA NWANKPA, of the Christian Students Social Movement (CSSM), told me this in person. You can contact HIM, and Ffind oyt more details.

AMPUTEES have to REPENT THEIR SINS, just like everyone else.

The one I know personally, MUKAILA AKANBI, a Muslim, is cynical, and lazy, and refuses to do ANYTHING to help himself.

I tried to get him to go see T.B. JOSHUA, who boasts the ability to Heal ANYTHING, but he just sits in his wheelchair, doing nothing.

No, actually, I do not know that.

I know that there are MILLIONS of babies who DIDN'T die.

A MAJOR FACTOR in why HEALING PRAYERS FAIL is that the person who wants Healing ONLY wants Healing for THEIR Case- they DON'T CARE about ANYONE ELSE. They may even want to WITHHOLD Healing from certain people.

There was a young woman dying of some Blood Disorder that required regular transfusions, and a co-worker kept it from me, until she died.

I demanded to know why she hadn't told me that this woman was sick.

She told me, that she knew me, that I would give her all the cash I had, to help her; whereas, she wanted me to give that money to HER.

I could not believe that a FULL GOSPEL Christian was telling me this.

A few years later, her sister fell ill, and had to be hospitalized.

I asked her why they kept going to that USELESS Church, whose Pastor and Prayers couldn't do DICK- it is called LOSERS LODGE... or something like that. She wouldn't talk to me again, and they refused my advice to use WATER THERAPY to cure her condition.

Several months later, she had a relapse, and died, when her sister could no longer afford Dialysis treatments.

She had had PLENTY OF TIME to learn HOW TO PRAY PROPERLY, but didn't.

ALL the cases are something like THAT.
so do you mean those babies that died aren't worthy? ..... about that your amputee case abeg any website carry am..... make I read official report cos something like that won't go unnoticed..........
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by oaroloye(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
SHALOM!

Kenerd:
so do you mean those babies that died aren't worthy?

NO. THEY ARE NOT.

What- do you make up imaginary criteria that you think should apply, or do you actually bother to study the Covenant, and find out the Rules?

GOD DOES NOT HEAL BECAUSE SOMEONE'S CASE WAS "PITIFUL."

There are REASONS why they DESERVE that condition.

..... about that your amputee case abeg any website carry am..... make I read official report cos something like that won't go unnoticed..........

There is an official Roman catholic Church Office that verifies all alleged LOURDES Healings.
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by Kenerd: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

NO. THEY ARE NOT.

What- do you make up imaginary criteria that you think should apply, or do you actually bother to study the Covenant, and find out the Rules?

There is an official Roman catholic Church Office that verifies all alleged LOURDES Healings.
Lourdes.... hmm ... since 1858 only 69 miracles verified!!!....I read the miracles well almost all no regrown limb my guy only regaining of function and healing of one that they were intending to amputate.......
And can I get just a few reasons why some people deserve to be healed....... So children that don't know what"sin"is deserve to diecry..... You say he doesn't heal cos their case is pitiful.... then he isn't merciful.
Re: 3 Things Prayer Cannot Do by Robynwelo1(f): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

You and your God are cruel and disgusting.

(1) (Reply)

Famous Atheists On The Negro Race / All Children Go To Heaven When They Die, No Matter Their Parents' Belief / THE ELIJAH CHALLENGE : Pastor Sunday Adelaja Challenges All Nigerian Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.