Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

All About 22nd July 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All About 22nd July 2017 (256 Views)

Naija Newspapers: Today's The Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [7 July, 2017]. / Supreme Court To Decide On Pdp Leadership Tussle On 12 July 2017. / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's The Vanguard Newspaper Headlines [1 July, 2017]. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All About 22nd July 2017 by dupre: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
I get disturb when I see young guys and even ladies being use by these so called politicians for their own selfish interest. I thought in my heart, are they blind to see that they are just being use by these people, used by people that do not have plans for them when they get to that government office.
Yesterday was the final rally for all the parties contesting for a post at the local government level in Lagos, I was going to my brother's place when I saw them (young guys and ladies), dancing, chanting, drinking and some are smoking.
I am not saying that is not good for young people to be around them neither am I against it but what I am concern about is what plans do they have for us(young people) after the election? Are they going to empower the youth? Or it will be the same promise and fail trend.
On the 22nd of June 2017 will mark another new era in the history of Lagos state where the citizens will set out to vote for their favourite candidate for the various offices at the local government level which includes the chairman, and councillors. People's hope Will be raised high expecting a change to take place, rapid and even development in the state (just as always expected).
But it should be noted that, even and rapid development that only take place in Lagos state if the elected candidate are not selfish, they are God fearing and they have the people in mind.
Tomorrow will be a day where Lagos state will decide in their various Local government area and I just hope it won't be the same story.

This is the handwriting of Shola Akinpelumi.

(1) (Reply)

There Won’t Be Any Election In Anambra Until I Get A Date For Referendum - Nnamd / Herdsmen Hazard: S-west Govs Set Up Joint Tax Team… / Nigeria Ruled By Cowards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.