Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class (6561 Views)

How I Delivered 5 Nysc Community Development Service Projects In 5 Months / Corper Michael Osadiaye Ehigiator's Community Development Project In Calabar / Community Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2017
In June 2016, i created a platform/thread (https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made) where i coach and guide National Youth Service corps (NYSC) members on how to engage in several community services in their various states of deployment.
At first, through this nairaland platform, we could only exchange files and directives through emails but as time goes on, i got the idea that, adding my WhatsApp number will make the conversation and coaching easier as their are some viewers that are not registered members of nairaland as such could not communicate with me unless they register. But with the WhatsApp, we can chat in real time, exchange documents and pictures etc
If i start chatting with them, the first question i asked is, their names, their state of deployment and when are they passing out. This is simply for me to save their phone/whatsapp number with those details above in order to remember them (because they are many) whenever they chat me to update me on their projects. And every month, i asked for report/update on their project to see where i can come in to assist.
Below are few screen shots of the whatsApp conversations from Edo state, Delta State, and Abia State

P.S: There are tens of other project being carried out across Nigeria (South, West, East and North) but yet to be completed and shall be updated on this platform accordingly
And some times I help them get sponsorship and deliver it to those it fall under their project specification like pic 4 below

Below is a video/picture documentary of the impacts of the class to mark the 2 years Anniversary of the online coaching class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvEX9nacwa4

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
AROMEH MICHAEL

Date of Project Commission: 21st of March, 2017
NYSC Number: FCT/16A/5327
Place of Primary Assignment: Office of the surveyor general of the federation
Project: Library project at L.E.A festival road nursery and Primary school Garki, Area 10 Abuja

He reconstructed a library and donate books and shelves for the use of the primary school pupils. The primary school Library project is currently improving the academics and making learning easier for the primary school pupils. Below pictures are when he was commissioning it in the present of some NYSC and the school officials

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
THE DAY OF PASSING OUT PARADE

Date: 7th of April, 2017

Over 6000 corps members where posted to Abuja (stream 1 and 2), 14 where selected as the best due to their community service. One of them was the Corp member that I influenced through my online coaching class. Congratulations to Aromeh Michael for the award and we wish the best as he awaits their meeting with FCT minister.

In addition to that, he received several commendation letters from office of the surveyor general of the federation, universal education board etc

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
AERON BENJAMIN

State: Abuja
Place of primary assignment: LEA Ayenajeyi Primary School Karu, Abuja
Project Executed:
- Borehole water project
- skill acquisition for the students and teachers of GDSS Karu Abuja
- Renovation of the school toilets

PIC 4: Was when i helped him get a potential sponsor (haske foundation) that is willing to give a grant for a water project

more photos down the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
STELLA IBIDUNNI

Date of Project Commission:  1st of January, 2018.

Project: Renovation and total restructuring of public toilet.

This is a project (total restructuring of a public toilet and Incinerator) carried out by two corps members (Stella and Abbas) in Maikunkule, Minna, Niger state. Stella is a corps member from my online coaching class whom i mentored on the step by step process of how to get her project accepted by NYSC and to the point of getting funding to carry out the project.

The public toilet was an abandoned building used for refuse dump before Stella intervention. When she showed me the pictures (1st pic below), i told her we shall make it possible and give it a face lift for the good health of the community people.

It started by some few donations like bags of cements until it was all completed. Till today, I and Stella have never seen each other, we only coomunicate via internet.

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
More photos from Stella public toilet community service.
Pictures on the project completion before the commission

P.S. modified in january

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
NAME: ADONIKE Kingsley Chidera (AK/16B/2960)

PROJECT/LOCATION: Construction of 50 seats (3 seater each) for Secondary School Adadia, Uruan LGA of Akwa Ibom state.

NUMBER OF BENEFICIARRIES; benefit about 250students annually..

He is also taking the students on extra moral classes, conducting ICT weekly training for them.

well done Mr Kingsley

In september, 2017. Haske Foundation contacted me on this platform looking for those corps members that are carrying out water projects as their community service in order to sponsor them. I shared the information with all of them. I am happy receiving response that She has started sponsoring their projects. Below are some of the screenshots

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
Aron Benjamin just did more project, which is awareness of HIV among the young peers at Government Day Secondary School Karu ABUJA

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
Just received this exciting update from one of the nysc corp by name Abubakar, serving in Niger State who went for a need assessment at Niger state Prison yard. He writes
"This is my update so far: Just like one of your project, I went to Niger state prison, Minna.
I chose this place first due the fact that it is only 2-3 minutes away from my CDS venue and the local government.
This is my findings in the order of priority;
1. Faulty borehole, needs a new "sumo". Around 65,000 or so.
2. Rubber plates and spoon. I plan to get 150 units.
3. ICT learning centre needs 2 extra desktop computers , and repair of existing (cool desktop computer with basic softwares.
4. Drugs, bathing and laundry soaps.
5. Water Storage containers for each cell block 10 units.
These are the major ones.
I'll possibly like to channel extra funds in purchasing beddings (mats, mattresses and blankets).
Sir, what do you think?
I want to execute it this February."
To be sponsored by the State Governor.

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2017
Say hi to Mustapha Ruqqaya (on ADVOCACY PROJECT) serving in Kogi that was among those given an Award of merit for her examplary performance as she organized skill acquisition, school competition that was graced by the community traditional ruler. She carried out a water treatment advocacy project where she shared water treating chemicals to the rural community people to avert the detriments of dirty water among the common populace.

P.S: post modified in November, 2017

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by Funpeter: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good job here.......

Stenon more power
Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2017
more pics

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2017
More updates from AARON BENJAMIN's PROJECT

LOCATION LEA Ayenajeyi Primary School Karu, Abuja

Beneficiaries: 700 pupils

This is the work of Aron Benjamin serving Abuja. His water project made sure that school children have water not only for drinking but to also wash themselves as it was channeled to the toilets too.

PIC 4 BELOW: From right to left: NYSC Karshi Area office LGI (representing Assistant Director CDD), My group CDS (HIV/AIDS) officer, Nysc staff (my platoon officer while in camp), anothr NYSC staff, then the CDS coordinator for Karshi area office

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2017
DURING THE COMMISSIONING OF AARON BENJAMIN PROJECT
DATE: 17th of November, 2017

From right to left: NYSC Karshi Area office LGI (representing Assistant Director CDD), My group CDS (HIV/AIDS) officer, Nysc staff (my platoon officer while in camp), anothr NYSC staff, then the CDS coordinator for Karshi area office

PIC 2 BELOW IS THE PUBLIC TOILET BEING CONSTRUCTED FOR THE PUPILS
PIC 3 BELOW IS THE WATER COMMISSIONING
PIC 4 BELOW IS WHEN HE ACKNOWLEDGED MY EFFORT AS HIS COACH

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2017
NAME OF PROJECT EXECUTOR: Martin Ikpi, serving in Bayelsa State

PROJECT/LOCATION: A two spaced public toilet at Gbarain kingdom general market in Okolobiri

NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES: The 9 communities that gathers at the market to buy n sell.

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2017
More pictures from Martin Ikpi serving in Bayelsa State on his public toilet project.

P.S: The pictures were taken during the Commissioning of the project on 21st of March, 2018

The pic 4 is when Mr Martin Ikpi was given a state award (Best corps member in Bayelsa state) for his exemplary performance.

1 Like

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2017

This is Okwara Gift Chizaram (CR/17A/0130) serving in Cross River state currently carrying out personal community service project under my influence where he is sensitizing over 600 students on Lassa fever and General community hygiene

1 Like

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2017
NAME: IMASUEN PAUL EFOSA

NYSC REG. NO.: NG/17A/2475

PROJECT LOCATION: IZOM, NIGER STATE

NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES: 4,000 (According to him)

LIST OF PROJECTS EXECUTED:

1. Sensitization of schools (Government Day Secondary Schools Izom) on security
2. Establishment of culture and tourism club in the above school
3. Sensitization on good personal hygiene and sanitation with donation of sanitary items (pics below)
4. Deworming of 1,500 primary school pupils
5. Skill acquisition training on making liquid soap and air freshener
6. Mathematics quiz and education seminar
7. Donation of beddings (pillows, bed sheet, curtains) to the basic health center and painting of the immunization ward
8. Construction of a vigilantee office in Izom community

P.S: Post modified last in March, 2018

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2017
Permit me to introduced to you another NYSC corps member (from my online coaching class) whom just completed and commissioned his project.

Name: Paul Imasuen

Project executed:Vigilante post in a local community in Niger state

Beneficiaries: About 2,000 people

Date commissioned:* 19th April, 2018

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2017
NAME: Kazeem Azeez Olanrewaju (A Pharmacist)

LOCATION OF SERVICE: Ogun State

PROJECT EXECUTED:
Blood Pressure Examination
Blood Glucose Examination,
Body Mass Index and counselling (BMI)
Dental check ups,
Eye-check up,
Donation of drugs and essential supplements

PROJECT LOCATION: Ota Market, Ota, Ogun State

BENEFICIARIES: 200 People

DATE: 18th April, 2018

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2017
Name: Olayiwola Gbenga Rapheal

Location of service: Anambra State (code is AN/17A/0420)

Beneficiarries: [/b]Primary Health Care Ossomari Ogbaru LGA

[b]Project Executed
:
1. Repair of health centre's gate.
2. Painting of health centre's gate and fence.
3. Provision of drugs and check up for sick people in the village.
4. Provision of signboard.
5.Provision of glucose meter

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by boma95(f): 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by Aaronbee7(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nice job bro.
You were indeed of great assistance. May God continue to empower you as you try to reach out to the communities. And may we never be tired in our quest to touch lives.
I'l WhatsApp you

1 Like

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
This is Pwavirah Lauretta James (Gm/17b/1075) serving in Gombe from my online coaching class on community service.

She donated
1. Mats and mosquito nets
2.buckets and toiletries
3. Full kitted first aid box
To Gombe state prison yard where i did mine in 2015.
Proud of you babe.
We shall get there one step at a time.

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2018
This is Elegbeleye Samuel
BY/17b/0046
Who organized a peace competition at Bebelebiri II community, Yenegoa, Bayelsa state.

He said

"It was observed from my findings that there is no unity among the villagers, so the friendly match played makes/allow many of them to smile and laugh at each other.
In which it will go a long way even to the families..."

To be frank this is the first time i have seen this kind of project from my online class

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
This is DISU, GIDEON OLUWAPELUMI

NYSC Number: EN/18A/1280

Who Donated

5 long dustbin baskets.
1 big black bowl.
1 toilet hard-brush.
3 mopping sticks.
2 foreign brooms.
2 local brooms.
3 parkers.

To The Redeem Evangelical Mission,
SOUTH EAST ZONE, ENUGU

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Imrana jigawa project sponsorship

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2018
This is Dr Abiola serving in Abia. Currently carrying out project in a primary health care center in Umuahia.

1. Giving a health talk to the staff of the Government House Umuahia.

2. A dilapidated delivery couch at one of the primary health centers where I volunteer

3.Giving treatment support to hospitalised corps members. I run their errands and feed their families with necessary information and updates. I liaise with fellowships and associations to provide someone that will stay with them throughout their stay in the hospital

4. Broken improvised delivery couch at one of the primary health centers where I volunteer. A delivery couch is just about #30,000. I believe I'll get sponsors. I will not leave the centre the way I met it
5.Abandoned toilet due to plumbing and piping faults.

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 4:47am On Mar 04, 2019
This is Obong Anthony Paulinus...(BY/18A/0919)

State of Service: Bayelsa

Project: Public borehole and Medical Outreach

Number of Beneficiaries: 500 persons from the community
Cost of project: 655,000

Re: The Successes And Impact Of My Online Community Development Coaching Class by tetengi4life(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
This is
ALI ILIYASU
STATE CODE: KT/18A/1492

State of Service: Katsina

Project: Revamping of two (2) Public boreholes

Location: Zamfarawa road DanDutse ward Funtua LGA of Katsina state.

Number of Beneficiaries: 200 persons from the community

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Serving With Ministries As Corp Member / Fellow Corp Members Serving At Enugu State How's Camp For You. / Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.