Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead (17587 Views)

Chris Olakpe, LASTMA CEO, Is Dead / Vincent Danture Is Dead: Governor Inuwa Yahaya Mourns Channels TV Reporter / Sanwo-Olu Visits LASTMA, Approves 100% Salary Increment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by eraankusam07(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
An icon
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Tampinu(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
Good. Next obasanjo then saraki

It's not fly to poke fun at death and "wish people dead".
(No matter how horrible they may be, that's why some countries have banned the death penalty altogether).

Not trying to scare anyone but the last person I heard wish certain people dead did not outlive the people whom he wished to die. Fact.
Let's show some maturity and not just hide behind computer screens and do things that we wouldn't otherwise do in real life.

Peace
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Lanca: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
RIP

1 Like

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Victornezzar: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
durentchigozie:
Good. Next obasanjo then saraki
Av been suspecting it
U ve been taking some hard drugs
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Dexema(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
PurestBoy:

I remember when I was growing up and learning naija politics, this man suffered alot under late Abacha.
I think he lost one of his sons to "them" (rip)

2 Likes

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by ajepako(f): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
I remember how this man served as a minister under Abacha against NADECO 's wish...

Yet, his son, Toyin Onagoruwa was brutally murdered by Abacha's killing goons..

Since then, the old man avoided Nigeria political scene..

I am sure he is at peace now...

Goodnight old man...

1 Like

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by perdollar(m): 6:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
he has now fulfilled d meaning of his name, onagoruwa: he has left d world
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by PurestBoy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
ekestic1976:
You remember wrongly. He was one of the few who strengthened Abacha's hands in the beginning, thereby putting a stamp of legitimacy on his infamous rule. But as the elders say, Whoever is foolish enough to ride on the back of the tiger shall inevitably end up in its stomach. Learn Nigerian History, buddy boy!

I thought Abacha killed his son? lol, na me you dey call boy? you no serious
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Tampinu(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
HenryDion:

You're welcome mate.. It's fulfilling doing that. Though haven't log in on this account for long.. Have been occupied lately.

Have fun.

Ta.

Yeah, I know who the man is now re: Onagoruwa; he was Senior lawyer in Nigerian Politics at some point in the past decades.

Cheers
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by josite: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
good night,oga larry.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by ChiefSweetus: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mehn.. the govt humbled this guy sha. Brutally murdered his (only) son.. baba just calm down for life.

You need the longest of spoons to dine with the devil, I swear.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by shineeye1: 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
His is a Celebration Of Life ! Glory be to God.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by policy12: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Aiye asan..

1 Like

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Ahmeduana(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
odutolasodiq:
A former Attorney-General of Nigeria and human rights activist, Dr. Olu Onagoruwa is dead.  He died early Friday morning at the age of 80. He was appointed the Attorney General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1993 and was further appointed as the African representative to the body that drafted Ethiopia’s constitution in that same year. Dr. Onagoruwa was also the Group Legal Adviser/ Company Secretary of Daily Times Nigeria for several years.

His core practice areas included Constitutional law, Legislative Matters, Banking and Insolvency, Oil and Gas, Telecommunication Law and litigation.

He wrote several books and has to his credit over 250 published articles.

Onagoruwa held a doctorate degree in Law.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/07/21/nigeria%E2%80%99s-former-attorney-general-olu-onagoruwa-dead
OP, YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE WHEN ABACHA KILLED HIS ONLY SON.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by hibee4uall(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
RIP to him.

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by marv1: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sani Abachai fnished this man and still killed one of his promising lawyer son. He had been paralyzed for some years before he finally died. The day I saw him being carried up and down I could not believe it but to agree that life is in phases and all together it is vanity upon vanity.
RIP
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by seunmsg(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2017
RIP to him.

He made the biggest mistake of his life when he accepted to serve as Abacha's Attorney general. He lost his respect as a popular lawyer and human right activist, lost his voice as an advocate for democracy and lost his high flying son to the same Abacha that he served. He never recovered after he left the Abacha administration. He learnt the bitter way that not all political appointment should be accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by PeaceGord: 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
It's a shame how one mindless action can ruin the name of an otherwise worthy gentleman and consequently those of his descendants.

Adieu Olu.

1 Like

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by thorpido(m): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
Mehn.. the govt humbled this guy sha. Brutally murdered his (only) son.. baba just calm down for life.

You need the longest of spoons to dine with the devil, I swear.
He has another son.The son that was killed was the first born.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by gidjah(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2017
A very popular and high ranking S.A. N. . recalled husbands few feats UN the early 90s untill uncle Sanni Abqcha the evil genius messed him up big time. i was still in school then
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by ariwokoigbore(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
gud nite onogoruwa
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Jarus(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
A newsmaker in the 90s.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Asiri1991: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
First DPR question on current affairs
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by odutolasodiq(m): 10:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
Asiri1991:
First DPR question on current affairs
for real?
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by ofuonyebi: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Is this not part of those who want Buhari to die?

If not, then RIP to the death..

Thank GOD that Everybody will die!

Those who are praying that somebody should die forgot that death is also waiting for them..
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by emilerikan16(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Papa olu onagoruwa SAN, is a pastor in Christ Apostolic Church Odogbolu District.
A native of Odogbolu. I could remember the last time I visited him that was 2010 at his home town
RIP Sir cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by amuwo1980: 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
I thought this man been dead decades ago, his greatest undoing was to serve as abacha's minster and was still attending civil rights organization meetings and abacha promptly dismissed him, he lost his son shortly after and suffered a stroke and the fire left the body since then
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by mikaael(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Onagoruwa down, Buhari next!

Cleansing in progress
Babangida u meant?

Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by wink2015(m): 3:27am On Jul 22, 2017
General Sani Abacha taught the Late Dr Olu Onagoruwa a naughty lesson.

Dr Onagoruwa served under the General Abacha government as Attorney General and Minister for Justice.

But when Dr Onagoruwa made a U-TURN to stop doing biddings for the Late Abacha, Dr Onagoruwa was blackmailed by the Late General Abacha

So many things happened underground, many rivers to cross, so many unmentioned things happened and to cut long story short.

Dr. Olu Onagoruwa son was assasinated by forces believed to be working for General Sani Abacha.

The former Kaduna state governor, Alhaja Balarabe Musa later mocked Dr Onagoruwa for serving under the military junta of General Sani Abacha.

He told the media 'WE WARNED DR. OLU ONAGORUWA FROM ACCEPTING APPOINTMENT FROM MILITARY GOVERNMENT BUT HE DID NOT LISTEN BUT SEE WHAT HE IS GOING THROUGH

To end this write up - The rest story is history!

May the Souls of the Late Dr Olu Onagoruwa and Late General Sani Abacha rest in peace.
Re: Olu Onagoruwa Is Dead by Habalist: 8:54am On Jul 22, 2017
Do You Need A Powerful African Native Doctor For Spiritual Assistance? Call 08122074072 / +234812207407 THANKS. Baba Awo Is A High Voodoo Priest Master. He is a Spell Caster, Native Doctor, Spiritual Herbalist, Powerful Sickle cell Healer, Spiritual Astrologer, Psychic Reader, Multi Guru, Witch Doctor, Priest Of Africa Money Ritual.
Have You Been To Native Doctor to Native Doctor Without Any Solution To Your Problems Or Rather Add To it? Have You Been To Place To Place In View Of A Powerful Native Doctor That Can Solve All Your Predicament, You Must Understand That There Is A Natipve Doctor That Supersede All Native Doctor Amongst All Native Doctor, If You Are In Search Of A Powerful Native Doctor With Great Spiritual Powers, Then You Must Be In Search Of A Native Doctor That Derives Power From The Marine World. That Is The Spirituality Of The Greatest Africa Native Doctor Baba Awo.
Baba Awo Is Recognized All Over The World Of Marine Kingdom, As One Of The Top Fortunate And Most Powerful Native Doctor Of Charms Casts From The Beginning Of His Ancestors ship Until Now Baba Awo lives Strong Among All Other Native Doctors, There Have Never Been Any Form Of Impossibility Beyond The Control Of Baba Awo. It Doesn't Matter The Distance Of The Person With The Problems Or Situation, All You Have To Do Is Believe In The Native Doctor Baba Awo charms Casts That Works, He Always Warns Never To Get His Charms Casts If You Do Not Believe Or Unable To Follow His Instruction.
08122074072 / +234812207407 THANKS
It Is The Assignment Of The Native Doctor Baba Awo To Offer Services To Those In Need Of Spiritual Assistance Not Minding The Gravity Of Your Situations Or Distance As Long As Water, Sea, Ocean, Lake, River, Sand etc. Are Near You, Then Your Problems Of Life Would Be Controlled Under Your Foot.
If You Need Any Spiritual Help On Any of These:
Get Your Lover Back
Fruit Of The Womb
Fibroid
Business Boom
Financial Breakthrough
Get Rich Without Ritual
Do As I Say
Bad Dream
Promise And Fail
Epilepsy
Spiritual Attack
Land/Court Case
Mental Disorder
Political Appointment
Visa Approval
Cancer
Examination Success
Spend And Get Back
Good Luck
Natural Health
Hypertension
Diabesity (Diabetic+Obesity)
Stroke
Sickle Cell
Masturbation
Impotency
Win Court Case
Promotion At Work
Commanding Tone
Protection Ring
Marriage Success.
Love Ring
Favour Ring.
Recover Lost Glory
Spiritual Power For Men Of God
Travel Success Ring
Job Success
Lotto/Pool Win And Many More.

Make Haste To Call Our Father Baba Awo On 08122074072 / +234812207407 THANKS » For Spiritual Problem Today And You Will Surely Get Solution To All Your Predicament.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CONASSLA Gives Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers 7 Days To Reveal Their Running Costs / Zainab Ahmed Assumes Duty 72 Hours After Kemi Adeosun’s Exit / Henry Okah Still In Custody — Nigerian Prisons Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.