Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death (2325 Views)

"Does Buhari Have A Covenant With Death?" - Femi Fani-Kayode Asks / Buhari Showing His True Colours With Death Threat – Atiku / Clash Averted Between Hausa, Yoruba In Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by arkdiggs(m): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
A community in calabar close in cross river are threatening yoruba residents in their environment of death.

Kindly share and save life ....
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by EvilMetahuman: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Stop spreading fake rumour you re.tard.

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by adetayo234: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yet, Yorubas are always welcoming them with open arms in the southwest, including those idiots calling Yorubas all sort of names.
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
adetayo234:
Yet, Yorubas are always welcoming them with open arms in the southwest, including those idiots calling Yorubas all sort of names.

He meant, ibojews community, ofcourse! wink

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by reality1010: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
adetayo234:
It pity u ppl if u dare anything fake in calabar yorubas will be sent parking from oil companies around Niger Delta region

8 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by room089: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
Haba! Calabar people why we na?

Una forget dos wey dey kill una pipo for north?

But what's the source of this news, or does the OP deliberately want to create tension within the polity?
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by iLoveConductor: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
adetayo234:
totit:

[/s]
These two head slammers, una don reach here?

Well, read and nourish your brain.
Why Lagos does not belong to Yorubas – Oba AkioluBy Seun Opejobi on May 3, 2017

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has claimed that Lagos State is not part of Yoruba land.

Akiolu’s statement is coming barely a week after he publicly humiliated the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at an event.

In a statement from Akiolu’s palace, the monarch traced the historical background of the state and why it should not be regarded as part of Yoruba land.

The statement reads: “Coming from the palace, with what I was told by my late paternal grandmother who is a descendant of Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi and also reading from factual Historical books, let me share this Knowledge with you all on Eko/Lagos.

“Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/03/lagos-not-belong-yorubas-oba-akiolu/
Osobo migrants, for the last time, stop claiming Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
iLoveConductor:
[s][/s]

Osobo miscreats, for the last time, stop claiming Lagos.

Look at the poor ibojews boy cheesy

Onitsha isn't igbo land
https://www.nairaland.com/3357560/nigerian-govt-there-re-no/4#49549448

GREAT BENIN ORIGIN OF ONITSHA

BENIN ROOT OF ONITSHA

Many of our traditional titles are the same with the Edos/Binis: Onicha titles like “Iyasele” is “Iyasere” in Bini; “Ogene Onira” is “Oliha” in Benin; “Odu Osodi” is “Osodin” in Benin; “Omodi Daike” in Onitsha is “Edaiken” in Benin; “Esagba” in Onitsha is “Esogban” in Benin; the “Isama” titles are the same in both towns amongst many others. The “Obi” of modern Onitsha today is the continuation of the ancient Pharonic dynasty of ancient Kemet or Egypt. Onitsha must retrace the history of her monarchs from his imperial Majesty Obi Achebe back to the Ogiso Kings of Igodomigodo in Edo, then to Egypt; to Pharoah Tutankhamon, Pharoah Amenemhet, Pharoah Amenemes, Pharoah Amenkhuti Ra; Pharoah Khafara, and back to the first dynasty in Egypt. Enough of this tracing of our kingship to just Obi Oreze or his father Ohime(corrupted to “Chima”) by his later descendants. Onicha people came from Benin or Edo land, they were also in Igbo land. I suspect that the Priests of Nri were distantly connected, that is why till date an Nri King upon consecration must bring certain sacrifial items to the Obi of Onicha and must sleep over in Onicha before assuming the Nri throne. Why would the very traditional Nri people who were(and still are) known all over the Igbo land as a holy people and the spiritual custodian of all Igbo lands, accord these rights to Onicha Kings? All these indicate that Onicha and many other tribes had had prior interactions and established certain traditional precedence which had been ongoing before the Onicha town was founded just around 700 hundred years ago. No Nri man would just concede to subject his divine King to some unknown immigrants who just crossed over from the Niger River, if that were to be the case.

authoritatively portray the following facts that the Ikelike people from the Bini kingdom were the first to settle in Ogwashi-Uku (see Ben Nwabua, Ogwash-uku Kingdom, 1000 Years of Traditional Democracy and Cultural Life, 950-1914). Both traditional and empirical sources gives credence that Ikelike people were the first set of immigrants to settle in the present Ogwashi-Uku as against the notion that Adaigbo who purportedly came from Nri in present Anambra State today is the founder of Ogwashi-Uku. So far, no counter claim has been made on this. According to Ogwashi-Uku intelligence report by Mr. J.E Hull, the then Assistant District Officer dated on the 9th of April 1936, the Ikelike people from all indications migrated from Benin to settle where they are found themselves today, because of a reign of wanton persecution of subjects by the then Benin Monarch, Oba Eweka 11. The story further goes that at the head was Odigie Ikelike with his younger brother Ado who later founded Adonta, a relatively small village close to Azungwu in Ogwashi-uku today.

The Ikelike migrants were said to be politically averse and could not, therefore evolve an orderly method of governance even though there were small in number. Jull`s report further went on to point out that because of such indisposition towards an effective means of governing themselves, it cost them the political leadership they were first to settle in. Rather, Adaigbo, the prince from Nri later came, controlled the situation and imposed leadership based on Igbo customs and tradition on them and what later became Ogwshi-Uku kingdom. Adaigbo’s imposed of republican system, however, later gave way to the hereditary system of the Benins . BENIN EMIGRATION OR EXODUS: The migration of Onicha people from Benin happened in phases over many years and did not happen once. The Ohime/Obi Ezechima’s exodus was one of the last ones that occurred but it should be noted that not all Onicha people left with Obi Eze Chima or Ohime. Some stayed back and are still in Benin today. Some took a different migrationary route towards Ile Ife and Ado Ekiti. Some went to establish Ondo. Some made a northern migrational journey towards the north to establish the Igala Kingdom.The Attah of Igala and a substantial part of the Igala kingdom were Onicha people who immigrated into Igala from Benin. The first Attah of Igala was a Prince of the Edo/Benin Kingdom. Now it can be understood why the Onicha people were ferried across the Niger and greatly assisted by their Igala kinsmen when they reached the banks of the Niger river. It can also be understood why Onicha people easily incorporated many Igala rituals and traditions into their own concepts. They were of the same roots but different branches. Onicha people left Benin to establish Igala; that was the secret behind the easy adoption of and exchange of different tenets amongst Onicha and Igala people. Some Onicha people, before Eze Chima’s exodus, had left Benin to establish other towns like Issele Ukwu, Ebu, Kwale, Ezzi, Onicha-Ukwu, Okpanam, Asaba(originally called “Araba”) and some other towns of Benin orientation that had been established before the Ezechima’s exodus from Benin.. It was these settlements that habored Obi Ohime/Ezechima when he and his family fled from Benin. The migration from Benin to Onicha Mmili took many years, towns of Onicha-Olona and Onicha-Ugbo were established by Onicha people who felt reluctant to continue and follow Obi Ohime to Onicha-mmili. ESTABLISHMENT OF ONICHA-MMILI AND HER RULING DYNASTY: Obi Ohime or Eze Chima, having been told that he could not enter Onicha, stayed for a long time in Obio with his family and relatives before he died. After he died, his relatives decided to continue with their migration to establish Onicha. The qualification for whom shall be crowned king was conditioned upon who shall sound ancient rhythms on a wooden Ufie. Traditionally, Ufie cannot be owned or be sounded/beaten by a person whose father is still alive. The contestants to the throne having just lost their father, had no ufie, however, Oreze Obi, had carved one which he hid under the boat and sounded first upon getting to Onicha whilst his siblings were busy looking for the appropriate wood to cut for the Ufie.

4 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
No wonder, alambralas are different from the rest poor ibostates cheesy

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by iLoveConductor: 6:21pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yes, the whole Southeast originated from Benin Republic, I hope you're satisfied?

But please please please, Obomoso migrants, stop calling Lagos a no man's land. Once that Obomoso bus carries you past Ogun State and you see that "welcome to Lagos," kindly respect the Royal Oba of Lagos. Respect your Benin benefactor and your Igbo landlords. Thanks. wink cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
iLoveConductor:
Yes, the whole Southeast originated from Benin Republic, I hope you're satisfied?

But please please please, Obomoso migrants, stop calling Lagos a no man's land. Once that Obomoso bus carries you past Ogun State and you see that "welcome to Lagos," kindly respect the Royal Oba of Lagos. Respect your Benin benefactor and your Igbo landlords. Thanks. wink cheesy

Then leave their land for them..you are a land grabber, even SE as a whole doesn't belong to you cheesy

Heard the ibojews are Cameronians by the way. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by iLoveConductor: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
[s]
totit:

Then leave their land for them..you are a land grabber, even SE as a whole doesn't belong to you

Heard the ibojews are Cameronians by the way.
[/s]
E get am cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Habakus: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
totit:

Always bringing Igbos into your woes. nawa o...
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
iLoveConductor:
[s][/s]
E get am cheesy cheesy
I ain't white dude, try harder cheesy

Nice pictures thou grin

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Habakus:

Always bringing Igbos into your woes.
nawa o...

Woes? Well, that makes you guilty as well.

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
totit:

So Calabar is now part of Igbo land cheesy cheesy

Chai. . .Afonja cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

So Calabar is now part of Igbo land cheesy cheesy

Chai. . .Afonja cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am not guilty of that. Stop accusing me dude cheesy

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
totit:

I am not guilty of that. Stop accusing me dude cheesy
What did I accuse you of?
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

What did I accuse you of?

Come again

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
totit:

Come again
waiting for your answer . . .
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by totit: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
quid:

waiting for your answer . . .

OK. I will be back!

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Jaideyone(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mumu op and that part of calabar doesn't have name? I stayed in calabar and I know every major street in both the municipal and calabar south from Marian to Atimbo to ekpo abasi around crutech to mary slessor to Mayne avenue. I was a medical representative in calabar so I drove around every day for 2yrears!!! There is no Yoruba community in calabar. As a sales man I didn't even meet up to 20yorubas during my stay.

Oh I miss the afang soup at that joint at effiete round about beside the microfinance bank grin best joint ever!!!

Long story short... Mr OP stop being a mischievous idiot

3 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Princesaha: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jaideyone:
Mumu op and that part of calabar doesn't have name? I stayed in calabar and I know every major street in both the municipal and calabar south from Marian to Atimbo to ekpo abasi around crutech to mary slessor to Mayne avenue. I was a medical representative in calabar so I drove around every day for 2yrears!!! There is no Yoruba community in calabar. As a sales man I didn't even meet up to 20yorubas during my stay.

Oh I miss the afang soup at that joint at effiete round about beside the microfinance bank grin best joint ever!!!

Long story short... Mr OP stop being a mischievous idiot
Thanks bro... they thought everybody here are dullards like them. I want the Op to mention the Yoruba community in Calabar that we do not know. People that hardly leaves their enclaves now get community for calabar eehkwa? Anyway I do not blame the Op at all cos that was what they were told by the chief Imam of their Idp camp in Mowe.

3 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by vanbonattel: 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
And Cross Rivers gives yorubas quit notice to leave their lands cheesy

Yorubas are land grabbers.

2 Likes

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by arkdiggs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
not a yoruba community please, they asked yoruba to leave their own community ... thats all
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by Jaideyone(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
Princesaha:

Thanks bro... they thought everybody here are dullards like them. I want the Op to mention the Yoruba community in Calabar that we do not know. People that hardly leaves their enclaves now get community for calabar eehkwa? Anyway I do not blame the Op at all cos that was what they were told by the chief Imam of their Idp camp in Mowe.
bigot. I'm afonja as you love to call us and we travel too. The questions is where? There are more Yorubas in London than Ibos. There are more ibos in Asia than Yorubas. Educate yourself ipob miscreant!

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by vanbonattel: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
T9ksy , help your people to pack their loads and leave calabar now ooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by vanbonattel: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jaideyone:
bigot. I'm afonja as you love to call us and we travel too. The questions is where? There are more Yorubas in London than Ibos. There are more ibos in Asia than Yorubas. Educate yourself ipob miscreant!

You ended up dodging this question, where is the Yoruba community in Calabar?

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by adetayo234: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
iLoveConductor:
[s][/s]

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/03/lagos-not-belong-yorubas-oba-akiolu/
Osobo migrants, for the last time, stop claiming Lagos.

Who cursed you with stupidity like this? The person had done you bad gan. Where in my comment did I mention Lagos? And what is the source of your story?

Even if Lagos doesn't belong to Yoruba, does it now belong to flaaaatheads?

What you don't know is that it is the royal stool that was once controlled by bini. The people were Yoruba before bini came and they are still Yoruba after the king died.
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by adetayo234: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2017
reality1010:

It pity u ppl if u dare anything fake in calabar yorubas will be sent parking from oil companies around Niger Delta region

As usual, it is always difficult to pick sense out of any comment made by a flaaaathead. What is the link between my comment and your response? No link.

Answer me first, why are igbos so senseless in the way they comment?
Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by IJOBA2: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
adetayo234:
YOU MEAN AFONJA MUSLIMS

1 Like

Re: Community In Calabar Threatening Yoruba In Their Environment With Death by adetayo234: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
IJOBA2:
YOU MEAN AFONJA MUSLIMS

Whichever you call it. Yorubas are always welcoming

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ozubulu Attack, Questions For Gov Willie Obiano And DSS / Nigeria Civil War, Who Is To Blame!!! / Shehu Sani Alleges Plot To Attack Tinubu In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.