Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? (2849 Views)

Abuja Laravel, Vue, Phonegap Programmer Desperate For A Job / Android Development With PHONEGAP(HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT) / Please Is There Anyone Who Does Phonegap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pls I need info on these things mentioned above.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by whitebeard(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Simply google it ok..!!?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by kunletoks(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Search for Ionic.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
kunletoks:
Search for Ionic.
Is IONIC the same as Cordova or Phonegap?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by trytillmake(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
wetin u wan do with am, meanwhile it gives u access to plugins that will enable yr hybrid app perform functions yr normal native app does
google it for more.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2017
Is it advisable to use them with jquery mobile?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by bot101(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
dhtml18:

Is IONIC the same as Cordova or Phonegap?

Ionic is built on phonegap/cordova
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by bot101(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
justanALIAS:
Is it advisable to use them with jquery mobile?

No, use Ionic

Modified
I said to use Ionic because the jQuery Mobile project is no longer maintained, and Ionic has the backing of Google and to an extent, Microsoft. You can also consider React Native, that's a facebook project and works excellently also.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 23, 2017
Ohk, thank u very much.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by kunletoks(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2017
bot101:

Yeah
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by not4sure(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
justanALIAS:
Pls I need info on these things mentioned above.

Cordova is node js application that convert your javascript application to mobile
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
bot101:

I know that, that was why you guys should have answered the question instead of changing the topic to Ionic in the first place.

It is like me asking that where can I get a book on C, and someone is giving me the option of C++ or C#?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
dhtml18:

I know that, that was why you guys should have answered the question instead of changing the topic to Ionic in the first place.

It is like me asking that where can I get a book on C, and someone is giving me the option of C++ or C#?
Thanks sir, i encountered a problem while setting up a cordova project; cordova platform add browser keeps showing an error message.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by bot101(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2017
dhtml18:

Well, if you had scrolled down just a bit, this comment wouldn't have happened, and that answer was short and pretty explanatory.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
You see, why did you ask me to scroll down a little. I did not start the RIOT, it was the first person to mention IONIC that started this WAR!
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
not4sure:

Cordova is node js application that convert your javascript application to mobile

Actually this is wrong , Cordova uses a Nodejs to call Android build tools, Cordova is an Android Application that uses a WebView to embed your html, there's a ScriptInterface in WebView that allows your JavaScript to communicate with the Android API, that's where the role of Plugin comes in

1 Like

Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
In simple terms Cordova is simply a platform that allows you to use Web technologies HTML/CSS/JS to build mobile applications

In complex terms Cordova is a simply a Webview container that embed yours html in it, older devs would be familiar with such especially in languages like Qt and WPF, it uses JavaScript to communicate with the Android OS API.

Cordova is the open source version, while Phonegap is the same but with premium services, they are both the same technically.

Ionic is not the same as Cordova Ionic is just simply an js library, it mimics the look and feel and also gives codes to abstract or mimic the mobile look and feel.

Onsen UI is almost the same as Ionic but lighter and faster I would recommend Onsen UI

I use this for application, I built the previous Fidelity mobile bank app, and the current Quickteller Paypoint for Agent and also contributed to Verve mobile initially so I have alot of experience with Cordova also done some other apps, but can't mention for reasons.

If there's any question or how to go about it let me know.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by 4dor: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
It's 2017 guys, just use React Native. grin
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2017
4dor:
It's 2017 guys, just use React Native. grin

My company sent me to learn this as Job Training, I won't lie React Native is so dope, that is the next development mobile platform we are heading to.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by 4dor: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
pcguru1:

My company sent me to learn this as Job Training, I won't lie React Native is so dope, that is the next development mobile platform we are heading to.

I totally agree with you, companies will cut cost too.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
bot101:

No, use Ionic

Modified
I said to use Ionic because the jQuery Mobile project is no longer maintained, and Ionic has the backing of Google and to an extent, Microsoft. You can also consider React Native, that's a facebook project and works excellently also.
installed ionic v2 it uses typescript, I thought it is supposed to use JavaScript
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
justanALIAS:

installed ionic v2 it uses typescript, I thought it is supposed to use JavaScript

NO, 100% TypeScript
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 31, 2017
pcguru1:

NO, 100% TypeScript
How do I go about it now sir?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by bot101(m): 5:15am On Jul 31, 2017
justanALIAS:

Typescript is the default, but you can switch to Javascript (never did though). It's best to learn typescript because of the huge support base around it and typescript is pretty easy to pick up and has an extremely short learning curve.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2017
bot101:

Typescript is the default, but you can switch to Javascript (never did though). It's best to learn typescript because of the huge support base around it and typescript is pretty easy to pick up and has an extremely short learning curve.
Ok sir
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Olumyco(m): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
ionic too can use JavaScript there is a way out to it. So TypeScript is not compulsory. Also note that TypeScript is the first choice for ionic simply becos of Angular 2 and 4. But at the end of the day all the TypeScript is still coming back to JavaScript in whatever way U want to use it. TypeScript is one of the ecosystems of JavaScript.

Somebody said Ionic is built on Cordova/Phonegap.... This is not the appropriate way to say It.... Ionic is built on Angular and it stands on It's own and Cordova can consume it for a mobile app . It's just a mobile framework so It can be avoided. And besides U can develop a hybrid mobile app without using any of those frameworks only that it's easier and productive using a framework.
Framework7 is another framework very cool in that line.
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Olumyco:
ionic too can use JavaScript there is a way out to it. So TypeScript is not compulsory. Also note that TypeScript is the first choice for ionic simply becos of Angular 2 and 4. But at the end of the day all the TypeScript is still coming back to JavaScript in whatever way U want to use it. TypeScript is one of the ecosystems of JavaScript.

Somebody said Ionic is built on Cordova/Phonegap.... This is not the appropriate way to say It.... Ionic is built on Angular and it stands on It's own and Cordova can consume it for a mobile app . It's just a mobile framework so It can be avoided. And besides U can develop a hybrid mobile app without using any of those frameworks only that it's easier and productive using a framework.
Framework7 is another framework very cool in that line.

Ehn hen!! About that angular js, is it also compulsory? I am more farmiliar with jquery ajax
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
justanALIAS:

Ehn hen!! About that angular js, is it also compulsory? I am more farmiliar with jquery ajax

Ionic yes, onsen ui no but my advice learn angular or react assuming you want to increase development speed. Opinionated frameworks were built for that
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
pcguru1:

Ionic yes, onsen ui no but my advice learn angular or react assuming you want to increase development speed. Opinionated frameworks were built for that
Hmm. I think i will go with that Onsen ui; sir hw can I reach you privately?
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
@pc guru: I believe you are right!
Re: Who Have Heard Of Cordova And Phonegap? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2017
justanALIAS:

Hmm. I think i will go with that Onsen ui; sir hw can I reach you privately?

Mail or pm I respond well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Python Or Php Which One Should I Learn First / "oracle",is It Losing It's Demand In Today's Nigerian Labor Market? / Free Ebooks On Php Progaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.