Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Problem With My Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With My Gear (948 Views)

My Gear Box Is Cracked And Needs Repairs Or Replacement / What Could Be Wrong With My Gear. / I Need To Fix My Gear Box. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Gear by stanlotion(m): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2017
I drive a camry 1999 model. I noticed that the like on the dashboard indicating the drive mode is illuminating the drive and the neutral at the same time when the gear is engaged. Yesterday, I was driving the car under a heavy downpour and at a point, the car stopped responding while the gear was still engaged. It like as if it just went into neutral on its own. It however picked after a few seconds.
Pls house, what could be the cause I bought the car like that.
Re: Problem With My Gear by nurey(m): 7:37am On Jul 22, 2017
Have you checked your ATF also did any mechanic work on the car recently and did you buy it Nigerian used

Check whether it is Guage if not top up
Check the colour if it has burnt
Replace the ATF and see if there is an improvement

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Gear by stanlotion(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Checked the ATF, it was really short. Toped up and car is running smoothly now. Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Gear by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
greenhulk:

U again? Op run run run from this man
. Asin ehn, he has started again oh! op abeg look elsewhere!

(1) (Reply)

Camry 2007 Just Cleared / Iconic Rolex Motorsports Wristwatch Sold For 6.3 Billion Naira / December Is Here!!! Read This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.