Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English (60260 Views)

Festus Keyamo Blasts Those Blaming Zamfara People For Voting Buhari / Monica Ambrose: "I Will Bring Back Terrorism To Nigeria" – Presidential Aspirant / Monica Ambrose For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
oodua1stson:
daft point. English is our official language.

There is no country in earth whose president can't speak the official language fluently. Stop supporting nonsense

BTW she'll never be president sef
I guess your current president can speak it better than the lady.

4 Likes

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Hades2016(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Never again will Nigeria be ruled by a dullard.

Don't be deceived.
The ability to speak and write good English is a measure of an individual's intelligence

She's bad at written English,
She's bad at spoken English

What else does she have to offer outside her cvnt then?
my brother what has good English given us since 1960 .... angry .... We all know our fvckin government and so called leaders are just too greedy and stupid .... Leave good English alone and let the right person rule us ok ..... We know woman can’t rule us and she can’t be Nigerian president. But if we have the right person even without good English see my brother e pay us wella
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by bigtt76(f): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Na so Donald Trump for take start grin we all know how it ended. Anyway nor bi Netherlands she for de? All de igbooo den dem smoke for der don start to work

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
ivolt:
Yet another attention seeker.
Funny enough bloggers will start monitoring everything she post
on social media thus making her a celebrity.
I'm telling you.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Maxvasia(m): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
This is how the present comedians started. They all started small. Keep it rolling in, girl. U will soon be invited to AY show
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by musicwriter(m): 1:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
English is a language that continues to enslave us, and now by ourselves. How to get us understand this is the biggest challenge of all time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by MetaPhysical: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.
The ability to speak and write good English is a measure of an individual's intelligence

Not quite. Proficiency in language is not a measure of intelligence. Academic training in Nigeria has regulated our behavior and thought into believing proficiency in our local dialect is a sign of backwardness, barbarity and dullness, and that speaking good english is a show of intelligence and civilization. It is a false precept.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Basic123: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.

go anf sponsor FFK then.

he will give you the queen's English you want.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by NwaAmaikpe: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
lovelygurl:

English is NOT a measure of intelligence
. Don't insult the term "Intelligence". It's not sth you get through education but can only be polished with it.

Memorising vocabularies and the rules of a language is sth. ANYBODY can achieve

shocked

I don't expect someone whose intellectual laziness won't allow completely spell a word to relate to this.

Besides I never said English was a measure of intelligence, I said speaking and writing of good English is.

I understand your brain level is very low, but this shouldn't be so hard for you to comprehend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by maxtamazin: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.

Are you for real? The ability to speak another man's language is a measure of your intelligence. You have lost it ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Maxvasia(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hades2016:
my brother what has good English given us since 1960 .... angry .... We all know our fvckin government and so called leaders are just too greedy and stupid .... Leave good English alone and let the right person rule us ok .....
This is exactly how u voted in Buhari
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
raphy:

see this one u want vote a dead man again.
are you dreaming. wakeup n see the day bro...
than to vote a woman into power
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Bensam5060(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Best of luck .
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.

I love reading ur comments
But dis one is a no no
All wrong

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Hades2016(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
Maxvasia:
This is exactly how u voted in Buhari
trust me I didn’t vote that’s dullard in . And today being LG election am in my house chilling and I have decided not to vote those idiot again . It’s has been a long time since I cast any vote . I have said to my self can’t stand in the sun or rain voting those looters again never

1 Like

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by suwalee(f): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
President of nigeria or president of slay queens which?i'd pick oluremi sonaiya over this unserious woman......how the hell would u be able to read nd sign budget? plz go and contest for makeup challenge and leave presidency for refined women biko my dear edo sis abeg leave dont waste the little money u have left
love23401:
Netherlands-based Nigerian Woman Who Wants To Become President Reacts To People Mocking Her Spoken English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E51Vr5QTjRw

Some Nigerians mocked The Netherlands-based Nigerian mother of three, Monica Ambrose, after a video showing her declaring her intention to run for president come 2019 surfaced online yesterday July 21st. They mostly mocked her over her bad use of English in the video. She has taken to her Facebook page to reply her trolls and according to her, many of the Arab presidents don't speak English but rule better than some Nigerian presidents. Agree with her? See her replies below

https://www.digestng.com/2017/07/22/netherlands-based-nigerian-woman-who-wants-to-become-president-reacts-to-people-mocking-her-spoken-english/
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hades2016:
my brother what has good English given us since 1960 .... angry .... We all know our fvckin government and so called leaders are just too greedy and stupid .... Leave good English alone and let the right person rule us ok ..... We know woman can’t rule us and she can’t be Nigerian president. But if we have the right person even without good English see my brother e pay us wella
english is our lingua franca, it is very important. English has given you job. Or what language do you speak at Work, yoruba?

The right person must have good command of english
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by business4all: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Madam! If na joke, stop am o!
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by enemyofprogress: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
She aff kill me even before becoming my president
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Enugufirstson(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Still the Same with what we have now...
He doesn't speak good English too,except his Fulanized English....

But wait make sure you join APC that's where your type are copulating
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
all this pple abusing her sef...she fit sabi speak english pass some (if not all) of them...i support her tho and if she end up contesting 2019,she already have 1 vote.

2 Likes

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by THESUCCESSOR(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ehhen Ehhen..... if you want to attend g10 meeting so,na so u go disgrace us
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by netflicks(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
My dear what old men with pot belle can not do i think women could do better if only they will be given the oppurtunity...i see women taking over very soon... cheesy
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by haconjy(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.

Then what have you offered?

U remember, u voted for dullard
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by Obierika(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jabioro:
OMG.. this fool comparing us to Arab country, is Saudi Arabia taken English as her official language ?..When big trouble fall you small small ant go follow waka on top you..It is not her fault, it is the fault of ours past and present who had continue to loot our common wealth vault..

Pot calling kettle black!

Your written English is atrocious!

2 Likes

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by abbeyty(m): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
This one wey resemble olosho na bleaching cream she go spend our oil money on when she eventually become president
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by blowjob: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Don't be deceived.

OVERSABI ,PERSON,WAY DEY LIVE,FOR NL FOR LONG,ENGLISH NOR FIT SOUND LIKE URS..
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by nayosman: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Presidential Monica Ambrose is correct, by the way.
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by madridguy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Yes and No.

ritababe:

hope u will vote for her
Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by kosisokosi48(m): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Gbam!

Re: Monica Ambrose Who Wants To Be President Blasts Those Mocking Her English by LEXYCOM: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Have had enough of mama peace, not you again. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amuwo Odofin Residents To Recall Mojisola Alli-Macaulay / Kaduna: Army General Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order / Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.