Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,212 members, 7,860,361 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. (387 Views)

Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim / Falana: Buhari Obeyed Court Orders In Military, Failed To Do So In Democracy / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by oladeebo: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Democracy is a government of people by the people for the people.
All the side corners will lead to another form of government not democracy.
Democracy is like religious with it's fundamental principles of it's set up
As Nigerian grow in English words daily, they thing any word can be inserted in to the principle of Democracy, but they were wrong, any new word inserted will give other meaning different from democracy and causing chaos.
In the definition of Democracy:-
The first People means:-People's government.
The second People means:-the majority who voted the same government into power at a given time.
the third People means:-the totality of a given country
Which means Democracy is a people's government voted by the majority, for certain period of time and certain programs for the people of the country.
Among the words Nigerian try to inserted into the principle of Democracy that were causing troubles are:-
i. Marginalization.
ii. True Federalism.
iii. Restructuring.
iv. secession.
Marginalization dilemma can only be resolved in Democracy, when you take part in a majority government that have the Idea of resolving the marginalization issues.
likewise all the dilemmas raise, no side corners you either form a party, or joining a party or voted the party that shared the same vision with your Ideas.
But Nigeria don't used to the process, kanu wanted biafra, and biafra must come by force,
Senator Okunrunmi wanted True Federalism it must be given right now!
Atiku wanted Restructure and it must take effects immediately!
If every Nigerian forced the government do their wishes at the same time, we will turn in to Anarchy!
We were no longer in Democracy, in democratic system of government, you need to wait to be served or be served!
oladeebo
Re: Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by olaniyisamuel(m): 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Blessings to d moniker who created dis thread

My opinion on dis: I shall b brief cheesy
In view to dis awesome piece, I state dat d virtues of d sect dat made up d Nigeria FEDERALISM today are d ones that constitute d word DILEMMA.
Screen back to d amalgamation, ***thou was not born den but noted from history*****, dose who were involved were outright, diligent, citizen conscious, welfare activist and tools for d growth, harmony of dis nation. Moments after, greed, selfish interest, hatred breeds in creating disagreement, know-all attitude.
Comparing d above to dis day ruling, it has levelled beyond measures(born to rule attitude, autocratic ruling in some states/parastatal/ministries, justice being deprived, sentiment in decisions and many) which had buried our profunded DEMOCRACY..

#I would appreciate like minds to expansiate. Let's b sincere at dis thread..
Like I said LIKE MINDS... #sucklings /attention seekers... Tread softly wen quoting me
Re: Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by whitebeard(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Op that's the revolutions message nice one

Re: Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by oladeebo: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
olaniyisamuel:
Blessings to d moniker who created dis thread

God bless you.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by oladeebo: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
whitebeard:
Op that's the revolutions message nice one
Thanks
God bless
Re: Nigeria Is An Off Side Player In Democracy, That's Why We Were In Dilemma. by Iamkuttie(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
That is zoo for u tho... cheesy cheesy
plz make una no cause me, ayam not feering fine...

(1) (Reply)

Amb Karo Commends Gov Okowa Over Road Projects / Apc, Zoning And The Distortions By Bar Chris Essien. (1) / Ogoni Clean-up Has Commenced - Presidency Replies Edwin Clarke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.