Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba (3985 Views)

Saraki Trial: APC Will Not Cede Senate Presidency To Opposition – Oyegun / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / Gowon Did Not Cede Bakassi - Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by goggs(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hey hey time out. some of you guys should look at the issues closely before jumping in to castigate the 'north' (whatever that means). NBA was wrong, very wrong to consider shelving the meeting in Yola due to security issues. Is security in Yola under threat? What was the source of that threat? What about important meetings in Warri and Port Harcourt? What happened. Nothing. If passing through Jos, as NBA says, is the problem, is Jos route the only way to get to Yola? What about going by air? what of Makurdi Road (Which is closer from Abuja, and southern part of the country and the state of the road better than through Jos) What of Maiduguri Road? If the event where shifted to Abuja, how about those who will still have to go through Jos to get to Abuja?

I think NBA played into the hands of its detractors. This was a silly decision at best. It has now threaten to polarize the NBA. Their attention will now turn to settling needless internal squabbles reducing the heat on the Yaradua issue.  Exactly what the likes of Aaondoaka and his ilk would want. I can imagine them rubbing their hands with glee.

Nairalanders, lets look at issues on their merit first before jumping into this north-south, yoruba-hausa wahala. It appears to me that primordial instinct are beginning to take the place of common sense in alot of us. Its so easy to blame a section of the country other than ours without looking at the issues in depth and reaching logical conclusions. Even if its another region that is to be blamed, our logical approach to issues can convince even those blamed. We are slowly but surely becoming problems of this country ourselves. Phew!
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Rastamann: 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2010
Nigeria has never been one country. As long as we refuse to tell ourselves the truth that we are not one and can never be one, then this kind of hide-and-seek game will continue.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by MeAboki(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2010
MrPrsdent:

mad mullahs

allahu akbar! cheesy

Mindless bigotry and provocation  angry  So should the targets of your abuse react to this provocation and should they do so violently would you honestly deem  yourself blameless?

Where is the madness in the alleged position of the northern lawyers?

1) that they disagree with the reason given for the proposed relocation of the NEC meeting from Yola to another.

or

2) that they (all the northern NBA branches) agree that the president should hand over  to the vice president Jonathon Goodluck ?

Careful, your blind hatred is showing
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Walert(m): 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2010
Who cares?
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by MrCrackles(m): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2010
They can go wherever they want. . . .Of all the monumental problems facing the country, this is the least to worry about
The bar association of Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Iraz and Sudan will gladly accept them
Psssf!!!!
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by eros(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2010
Like we cared if they cede or not. To hell with the Northerners and everything Northern, Bunch of retarded B's angry angry angry
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by tayoast(m): 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2010
Walahi Talahi, na me Aboki dey threaten?? tru tru, 9ja get wahala
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by NosaHenry(m): 9:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
I used to respect the opinion NBA but this decision of shifting venue from Yola because there is crises in Joy is totally uncalled and sectional. Is it the lawyers that will travel from North-East to Abuja that are good to die. Foolish decision
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by slap1(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2010
Let them lawyers go! Afterall their kind of warped, twisted English can only be clearly understood by them alone.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by slap1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2010
The decision is okay by me. Everybody knows that the North is a H O T Z O N E. I even expect the N.Y.S.C to stop posting non-Northerners to the North. Those people belong to the 1st Century!
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by babse(m): 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2010
I might not know the real reason the Leadership of the NBA opted to follow this route, but the issue of seceding lacks merit in every way. It is obvious that it has been brewing for the longest. Permit me to take you all back to the NBA NEC meeting where such a motion was raised http://squibcoverstory..com/2009/05/will-nba-break-up.html .  

SO i say, let them act irrationally. Their Loss. Whose fault is it that the Northern Lawyers that succeeded in running the bar were all Yoruba? Who cares ? Alot of us here have said it and there is no better way to evaluate this situation. NIGERIA IS NOT A COUNTRY, ITS A BUNCH OF ETHNIC PEOPLE WITH THEIR PERSONAL INTERESTS IN MIND. Efforts are being made but lets face it, we have a long way to go to truly be united.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by md4real(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
The concept of over generalisation when it comes to issues concerning the north is understandable. Retards and other insulting adjective used by some arrogant fools on everybody in the north goes a long way to show their desperation. It not our fault that we set the pace for the so called educated and 21st century a*sholes, if north dey vex u go hug transformer
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by boyt1: 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2010
The Missing President and all this news of separation are GOOD SIGNS that the time for Division has come.
God is doing a Great Job for the Southern Nigerians this time, they will gain their freedom from Hausa/Fulani Re-colonization.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Mublock90: 2:16am On Feb 07, 2010
if north dey vex u go hug transformer Man this phrase will end up being a classic!
@ goggs im feeling you jare!
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by oge4real(f): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2010
You can never tell what these cows can do. Yola may be serene now but the presence of a large number of intellects with western education and civilization may incite Boko people to strike again.
I say they better leave it as it is in Abuja, the others can leave or better still do something to make they home states hospitable to humans.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Ikeagwa(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2010
Why just the NBA ? why not secede from Nigeria so that the southern will have peace.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by dustydee: 8:43am On Feb 08, 2010
Ikeagwa:

Why just the NBA ? why not secede from Nigeria so that the southern will have peace.
Yes peace with assassins and militants roaming the streets.Common stop that crap.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by citizenY(m): 8:52am On Feb 08, 2010
I see all these lawyers as part and parcel of our collective problem in this country.
I will refuse to comment on the Yola palaver for now and await the position of NBA
and a response from those planning to form a parallel congress.

Meanwhile it is party time for the hate mongers who I am sure cannot stand one on one
and prove their worth, i all fields of human endeavour with many of the folk they are
throwing jabs at.

Take it or leave it we still occupy the same space called Nigeria and if you do not have
the liver to occupy the same space with others, too bad. The opinion of some
journeyman typists in NL will not bother me. It is not the opinion of honest and patriotic
Nigerians.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by marocguy(m): 9:37am On Feb 08, 2010
Stupid people.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by otondo55: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2010
Why not the nation in general ?

Split this nation now ! ,
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by yemmight(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
Northerners they scare us. Wonders no seize to happen. How many lawyers do they have self wen dem they scare us. Let them go without even making a noise.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by BankyC1: 4:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
nw i'm lmfao! ;Dwonders shall never end in dis entity called 9ja.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Eziachi: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2010
Why is it that it's only northern members of NBA that is threatening to secede from the association? Why can't they advocate that the entire north secede from the pit hole called Nigeria? So that they can have the meeting as much as they like in Funtua, even in Timbuktu and no one will worry them.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by follyg: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
Niger Deltans should run a parallel government also because Yardua does not feel save handing over to Jonathan. What has the Norther Lawyers done to abate the sporadic crisis cropping up in the North every now and then. If human live is worth that of a COW to them, others are more humane, sensitive and safety conscious. NONSENSE
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by edoyad(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2010
I'm no legal expert but my contribution is, "when you lie with pigs, you wake up with . ." . If the lawyers from the parts of the middle belt will not come out and seperate themselves from the people who want to operate under sharia legal code, let them suffer the consequences. It would be a show complete indecisiveness on the part of NBA to reverse this decision. Imagine a situation where the meeting of the NBA (with most of It's members from other regions of the country) would be attacked by youths shouting, "we want sharia !" resulting in the deaths of many of these legal minds.
Michael Aondoakaa should also be charged by NBA for bringing the profession into disrepute.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by emiwanlee(m): 12:03am On Feb 12, 2010
The animals from the North will wake up one day and say that they want to open thier general toilet.Greedy retards
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Mesef1: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
I do not blame the NBA and I see its stance as a wake-up call to all indolent and government dependent northern elites to do something about the bad news they make cheaply to CNN and BBC

It is not just about the Jos Crisis alone, there are still Boko Harams and other fanatical islamic sects constituting threats in all nooks and cranies of the North. A recent US intelligence report before Abdulmutallab's attempted terror attack says that there are still many other dangerous religious sets apart from Boko Haram in the north and that they are constantly recruiting followers and may strike soon.

People should please be objective and see this as a well-thought out safety measure by the NBA. NYSC corp members that have lost their lives innocently in the north in the last 2yrs are justifies this stance.
Re: Northern Lawyers Threaten To Cede From Nba by Devonian(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
Let these gworo eating beasts, monsters, and barbarian, brake away completely, not just as a branch of the NBA, but as a region within the federation, and let the rest of us move forward. From the pre-indedepence era, they told the British they weren't ready for independence. It's as good as we're not part of them. They belong more the Republic of Niger, than the Fedreal Republi of Nigeria. If Awolowo and Azikwe had known they should have just left them alone. Nigeria would have been a blissful place it was prior to the civil war--which resulted from the way these monsters treated non Hausa, mainly the Igbos, residing in the North. These beasts and monsters are responsible for Nigeria's woes. The earlier they leave, the better for us all. To say the least, Nigeria would be taken off the terrorist list compiled by the USA, resulting from the evil machination of Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalib: the useless, heartless, dangerous, and savage boy from the North.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Patience Jonathan Speaks Her Mind On The Elections (lol) / Saraki-oyegun-buhari Reconciliation Meeting Meets Brick-wall (PICTURES) / LOL! See Former Head Of State Babangida, Rocking Agbada And Canvas(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.