Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Does God Allow Suffering? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Suffering? (867 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Does God Allow Suffering? Answers That Work... / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Allow Suffering? by niyi01: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2010
Why does God allow suffering? If God is all-powerful, loving, wise, and just, why is the world so full of hatred and injustice? Have you ever wondered about these things yourself?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by ofjboy(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2010
niyio1 pls i am iterested in this topic do u have any book on the topic? if yes pls where can i see u? whats ur fone number let me call u or call me on 0805086836.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2010
contact jehovahs witnesses. they can really help u on this. by the way. am one of em
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by ofjboy(m): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2010
meandyouoo can i hav ur contact number or email address? or call me 08035086836
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by DualCore1: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2010
meandyou00:

contact jehovahs witnesses. they can really help u on this. by the way. am one of em

Just ask any witness u meet for the "What does the Bible really teach book".

Meandyou what are you doing online? you should be out on Magazine Drive. tongue

Mehn but this is soooo not "Computer Section" related. What's it doing here? tongue
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by mabell: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
You made it sound as though God is responsible for sufferings. If thats what you meant ,you are wrong, God is not responsible
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by ilosiwaju: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2010
ofjboy:

niyio1 pls i am iterested in this topic do u have any book on the topic? if yes pls where can i see u? whats your fone number let me call u or call me on 0805086836.
I cant call you but sure can provide you a book by Bart D. Ehrman titled God's Problem:How the bible fails to answer our most important question-why we suffer. Post your email addy, i'll mail it to you, it's a pdf.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by niyi01: 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
am very appreciate advise everybody,for more about this topic go to www.watchtower.org you see more.or my number is 08022998364
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by jagunlabi(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
The proper question to ask should've been, "why do we  allow ourselves to suffer?".We humans are the ones creating all the suffering we see around us for ourselves, because we are  slacking in our evolutionary upgrading responsibilities of our individual, and hence, our collective consciousness as a specie, and we will continue to suffer unless we upgrade quickly.
niyi01:

Why does God allow suffering? If God is all-powerful, loving, wise, and just, why is the world so full of hatred and injustice? Have you ever wondered about these things yourself?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2010
niyi01:

Picture and Scripture speaks:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. -- Romans 6:23

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by RiffRaff: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2010
God is a bad person thats why.
He created "everything" so Evil & suffering cannot exist outside his knowledge.

God is Evil,
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by Marlbron: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
It is a loaded question but can you bear the answer?

Let me assume that you can.

God has created the universe with a firm set of laws. What you do must come back to you, either in your present world or in your next incaration. Call it karma or aything,it is God's law. That explains it really. You are born to the world, with a spirit and events that affect you have all been preprogrammed to happen, from a higher realm. On your earthly realm you can try your will power but if it was not planned for you at the higher realm, it will not work.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by stillgrds(m): 7:51am On Feb 12, 2010
Why does God Allow Suffering is explain in this link below taking from the book "What does the bible really teach"

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_11.htm
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by Dodgur(m): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2010
This is simple if you think about it; I posted this one another topic but it is about this. The whole thing is a matter of free will, If God stopped bad people from doing things to good people them he is interfering with their free will. Now this is not how He wants it (He never wanted us to suffer, that’s not how he made the world) but it is in accordance to his will. That sounds contradictory but its not. Look at it like this.

God in order to not have a bunch of toy soldiers running about gave us free will. In doing so he gave us the opportunity to not obey him, and even not believe in him. Now if you were God and you made people out of love, wouldn’t you want them to love you? Sure, thing is if they had no choice than it’s not really love. So by giving us a chance to choose to believe in Him and to love Him the love we show is real. But on the other hand we have now the chance to never believe in Him at all nor love Him. This is not what He wants, He wants us to all know and love Him as He loves and knows us. But it was His will that allowed us to not believe in Him at all. Therefore, it is not what He wants but still in accordance to His will.

As far as suffering from other things, like floods, famine ect. That was never how God wanted it to be, we (our forefathers) brought it upon ourselves, and it happens to everyone.

Matthew 5:45 (King James Version) 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 6:17am On Feb 13, 2010
@dual core
sori if i was online. i go for house -to-house only on saturdays because of my very busy schedule. in fact, nairaland na my workshop . . . lol

u knw 2 much n am hopin ure 1 of them ? are u?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by vivaladiva(f): 6:42am On Feb 13, 2010
didnt u read ur bibble its because of greedy eve n long throat adam, hahaha, even animals in the wild. suffer, u dnt think a wilderbeast enjoys being torn apart by a hungry crocodile, suffering like every other thing is part of nature, even plants suffer, 4 everything there is a trade off and for every thing there is an opposite, if there is enjoyment some where by all means some ones nuts sld be getting kicked somewhere, although i dnt enjoy suffering, infact suffering n enjoyment sld not be in the same sentence, i cnt help thinking how boring life wld be, at least for now.
without it, for starters this thread wld not exist, cos there wld be no need for it to exist and thus i wont be leaving this comment cos u wldnt have asked this question, n i wont be enjoying this rear oppurtunity to talk about suffering the possibilities r endless, cnt u see
i hope i have been able to convince u n not confuse u that suffering is natural and prob necessary, tank u pls
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 6:52am On Feb 13, 2010
wat happnd 2 ur "good day mr. chsirman, panel of judges, accurate time keeper . . . blah blah blah
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by vivaladiva(f): 6:55am On Feb 13, 2010
oh yes i 4got tanx for reminding me, maybe in my next post, welll spotted
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 7:02am On Feb 13, 2010
do me a favor. , change ur ID to viva laraza . . . it kinda reminds me of d late WWE wrestler . . . Eddie Guerrero
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by vivaladiva(f): 7:08am On Feb 13, 2010
y viva larraza dnt know eddie so i dont know if ur yabbing me , , i really like vivaladiva pls convince me n dont confuse me, y viva larraza is beta than vivaladiva
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 7:12am On Feb 13, 2010
check google for eddie, after d viva laraza, he says: latino heat

i knw u aint a latino, are u? but u sure do bring d heat on

pardon me. i wanna go take my bath. am a j witness n i gotta go for field service (or preaching as u call it) this sat. morning

mind if we connect
i used 2 watch wrestling alot as a kid
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by vivaladiva(f): 7:26am On Feb 13, 2010
oh not a prob,
i feel so stupid now, i really sld ave googled it cry the joys of the 21st century, its pure heaven, for me any way
r u really a j witness, no offence but i used to have these two women who used to come round to my house wiv the watch tower magazine
i wld be sleepin peacefully and then i hear the door bell, n am like who the eff is that, i crawl dwn stairs n lo and behold its these two women in the bleeding cold n am like wat the eff, u got me out of bed for this, good thing is they just give me the tracks n off they go
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by meandyou00(m): 7:43am On Feb 13, 2010
yes i am . . . those 2 women must hav sumfin veri imprtnt 2 say . . . why else would they leave their homes in d cold

most ppl think we're jobless . . . truth is we are'nt. we've even got lawyers. doctors n surgeons (dat form d hospital laiason commitee) . . .yet u see these ppl comin 2 ur home in humble apparel

anyway i really av 2 go now . . . woe 2 me if i do not declare d goodnews, being a witness does not stop me from drivin chromed-out rides or being romantic

my email- xpcute1221@gmail, urs?or u'd rather email me (4 security reasons lol)
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering? by blackcypha(m): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2010
niyi01:

poster i guess u r new on N/L this question has been asked in different ways , read my post on GOD CAUSES NATURAL DISASTERS?
or mazajes GOD AND NATURAL DISASTERS .and u will know the answer,
Marlbron:

It is a loaded question but can you bear the answer?

Let me assume that you can.

God has created the universe with a firm set of laws. What you do must come back to you, either in your present world or in your next incaration. Call it karma or aything,it is God's law. That explains it really. You are born to the world, with a spirit and events that affect you have all been preprogrammed to happen, from a higher realm. On your earthly realm you can try your will power but if it was not planned for you at the higher realm, it will not work.
please how do know these things u said?like man is a spirit or that everything has been programmed?can you prove any of your statements to be true?

(1) (Reply)

Black Clergy, Where Are You?! / "my Mental Illness Has Gone", Says Dick / Gospel Music- Sacrifice Of Praise & Jesus U're Everything To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.