Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Flood In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood In Port Harcourt (3278 Views)

Heavy Rain Triggers Flash Flood In Ekiti (pictures) / 10 Teenagers Killed By Flood In Niger State After Heavy Rainfall. Graphic Photos / Boy Killed By Heavy Flood In Suleja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood In Port Harcourt by kellystech(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2017
WATER TAKES FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY OFFICE PORT HARCOURT.
Coming back from church Living Faith Church, Kaduna St. D/line I saw this. This is FRSC head office in Port Harcourt by CFC Bridge. Rivers state government should spring into action immediately before people will be rendered homeless by flooding.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Justuceleague2: 9:21am On Jul 23, 2017
So they can have flood? These useless hopeless agitators were making fun of Ikeja / Island when it was flooded

I guess karma is a biatch
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by SUPERPACK: 9:23am On Jul 23, 2017
mechanics right now

3 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2017
Haha water makes the world go round

Lekki people b lyke

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by shukuokukobambi: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2017
Chei!! shocked shocked

I pity those whose cars were impounded by the FRSC and will come back to claim flooded cars

I hope this year's rains won't lead to 2012 type of flooding o? That'll be disastrous!!

1 Like

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2017
Chia
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by afroniger: 9:36am On Jul 23, 2017
See PraCourt too dey experience flooding. Flooding everywhere.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by 7footre(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2017
This is the 3rd day straight it has been raining in this town, it's really annoying, going outside to eat is a big challenge sef cry cry

1 Like

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Agumbankembu: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2017
7footre:
This is the 3rd day straight it has been raining in this town, it's really annoying, going outside to eat is a big challenge sef cry cry

7 days rain bro, only 3 days gone.

1 Like

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by 7footre(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
Agumbankembu:

7 days rain bro, only 3 days gone.

Hunger wee kuku kee me.... I no de play with my belle o but this rain wan cause me compulsory fasting
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Agumbankembu: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2017
7footre:

Hunger wee kuku kee me.... I no de play with my belle o but this rain wan cause me compulsory fasting

Sorry!
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by vanbonattel: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
Chei!! shocked shocked

I pity those whose cars were impounded by the FRSC and will come back to claim flooded cars

I hope this year's rains won't lead to 2012 type of flooding o? That'll be disastrous!!

They should sue for damages
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by iykofias(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2017
Justuceleague2:
So they can have flood? These useless hopeless agitators were making fun of Ikeja / Island when it was flooded

I guess karma is a biatch
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2017
That building is right beside a canal which may have not be cleaned out in a long time. The big canal in UNIPORT was recently cleaned out so flooding in that area will be minimal.

2 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by shukuokukobambi: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2017
vanbonattel:

They should sue for damages

Really they should. They have my support
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by franchizy(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Amaech constructed roads with good drainage systems while wike came constructing roads without any good drainage systems.

Wike has never maintained or cleaned up any of this drainage systems construcred by Amaechi.

Until Rivers people learn to put sentiment aside, nothing good will come out of the state.

Wike is the Governor

Wike alone is the commissioners

Wike alone is the House of Assembly

We have yearly budgets in Rivers state yet non have been sighted by any Rivers man or woman.

Yet we call Wike a working Governor. For those who do not reside in Rivers state, take note that all the projects wike is commissioning today are projects 70% to 80% completed by Amaechi administration.

Come 2019 i see wike been kicked out of the government house because all the militants and cultist he used have splited into various factions which wike will find it difficult to bring them together.

4 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Wike will surely win a second tenure, Rivers people are enjoying him thus far.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by iykofias(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2017
franchizy:
Amaech constructed roads with good drainage systems while wike came constructing roads without any good drainage systems.

Wike has never maintained or cleaned up any of this drainage systems construcred by Amaechi.

Until Rivers people learn to put sentiment aside, nothing good will come out of the state.

Wike is the Governor

We have yearly budgets in Rivers state yet non have been sighted by any Rivers man or woman.

Yet we call Wike a working Governor. For those who do not reside in Rivers state, take note that all the projects wike is commissioning today are projects 70% to 80% completed by Amaechi administration.

Come 2019 i see wike been kicked out of the government house because all the militants and cultist he used have splited into various factions which wike will find it difficult to bring them together.
you r so impatient, campagn hasn't even started nah

2 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 11:55am On Jul 23, 2017
The rain is not showing any sign of stopping soon, people should restrict their movement as much as they can.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
franchizy:

Wike is the Governor

Rubbish!! Stop this nonsense politics of falsehood.
You are a bloody liar!
Flood was much worse during Amaechi s tenure. Aba road which is the major road in PH was always flooded at st John and airforce /market junction areas. It was Wike who engaged Berger to fix this problem.
You may dislike the governor but stop the lies. He is not doing badly, He is not called Mr Project for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by franchizy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
wingman:

Rubbish!! Stop this nonsense politics of falsehood.
You are a bloody liar!
Flood was much worse during Amaechi s tenure. Aba road which is the major road in PH was always flooded at st John and airforce /market junction areas. It was Wike who engaged Berger to fix this problem.
You may dislike the governor but stop the lies. He is not doing badly, He is not called Mr Project for nothing.

The flood in Aba Road you talk about is it not the one between First bank and Rumuomasi market bus stop.

Show me any road wike has constructed with a good drainage.

4 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by OkutaNla: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
This year's flood is something else. Mynd44, are you seeing this?
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Toketimt: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
franchizy:

The flood in Aba Road you talk about is it not the one between First bank and Rumuomasi market bus stop.

Show me any road wike has constructed with a good drainage.

Wike open gutter Road. Circular Road adjacent oroigwe

1 Like

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by Almaheed: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
what did they don with the ecological fund, that was suppose to be a buffer for this crisis. truth be told we the citizens allowed this to happen
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
And this is just day 2 of the rain.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Looks like an environmental emergency is about to be declared in all of Port Harcourt. No service at my church at Ada George rd due to flooding.

2 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Its been raining non stop since yesterday. Can confirm.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
otokx:
Looks like an environmental emergency is about to be declared in all of Port Harcourt. No service at my church is Ada George rd due to flooding.
The flood did not affect all parts of port Harcourt.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
HarryDuce:
The flood did not affect all parts of port Harcourt.

So you are waiting for it to affect all parts of Port Harcourt before NEMA intervenes?

issorait

2 Likes

Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
otokx:

So you are waiting for it to affect all parts of Port Harcourt before NEMA intervenes?

issorait
Like they have intervened in Lagos? I'm just being realistic here though . We all know poor drainage, blocking of canals with debris and lacklustre attitude of the government are the causes of these floodings. note, its just rainfall. Not over flowing rivers or rising sea level.
Re: Flood In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Mgbuoba, Rumuigbo, Rumudara, Choba, Nkpolu, Obi Wali, Rumokoro, Aba road, Ada George, behind Shell RA, Woji, Rupokwu, Aluu, D/Line, Eastern Bye Pass, NTA - Apara link road, just to mention a few reported flooding areas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Savage Reply Atiku Got For Tweeting About Arsenal's Win / Obasanjo Stocked Inbetween Osinbajo An Amaechi / Did Femi Adesina Actually Said This? Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.