Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,723 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Death Not Today - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Death Not Today (16018 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Not Today by AlamienDagash(m): 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
stephenGee12:
Updates wud begin tomorrow as I take you into my fantasy filled world.

Calling all fams.
Ikombe, wizsolzy, hadampson, evajael, boffinjay, lleigh, surestg, ajodem, alamiendagash, queenitee, yungeez, kimberlywest, kimkardashian,marianneada, theblessedman, meneski, sleemon, apollux, emperor380, chumzypinky, ironkurtain, and others I can't remember now.
Bro shey u started writing story and am not aware .
I dey angry with you
Br
Please help me call others.
Re: Death Not Today by AlamienDagash(m): 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
stephenGee12:
Updates wud begin tomorrow as I take you into my fantasy filled world.

Calling all fams.
Ikombe, wizsolzy, hadampson, evajael, boffinjay, lleigh, surestg, ajodem, alamiendagash, queenitee, yungeez, kimberlywest, kimkardashian,marianneada, theblessedman, meneski, sleemon, apollux, emperor380, chumzypinky, ironkurtain, and others I can't remember now.
Bro shey u started writing story and am not aware cry.
I dey angry with you
Br
Please help me call others.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is a freestyle update. Before I could write this I had already cancelled out 6 different updates dat I wanted to use so the next update wud be about his childhood and an insiders view of his country family life and all sorts.

Your opinions matter a lot.
Re: Death Not Today by Darkcrisp(f): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nice one. So now you know there's a writer in you, what's your next move?
Re: Death Not Today by meneski(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2017
frankenstein pls come nd read oh.
Re: Death Not Today by souloho19(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
stephenGee12:
This is a freestyle update. Before I could write this I had already cancelled out 6 different updates dat I wanted to use so the next update wud be about his childhood and an insiders view of his country family life and all sorts.

Your opinions matter a lot.

Lemme quickly read
Just a suggestion: since u always end up cancelling out previous updates because of new ideas, next time u want to script, just keep an open mind, don't have any preplanned pattern that the events must follow, that way as you're writing the ideas are coming and you're adding it and spicing the story.
The good and bad thing is it can spin the story in a crazy direction
Re: Death Not Today by Dopeyomi(m): 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls u guys are disturbing.. make uNa allow the writer post na..

I'll start writing noisemaker now..

sad
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
*continued*
CHAPTER 2
TITLE: SURVIVE.

Dedicated to pamelb
Aw is ur mums health. Wish her a speedy recovery. And please let phil be real and michael and claire not to reconcile.

At that split decision time seemed to stop. As both man, animal, plant all couldn't believe that anyone could do that jump.
And almost simultaneously the heavens rumbled, owls cried, the trees whistled, the wolfs howled all adding their own music to the death tune playing.

They watched him descend the fishes ready to devour, the rocks ready to smash, the river ready to claim what is hers.
This was an impending doom but he couldn't do anything. Closing his eyes as he shut his mind out and pictured the face of his wife, surrendering himself to deaths pull.

Getting to the waterfalls bottom, expecting to feel pain but alas all he heard was a big splash and then he blanked out as the pains soared through him as he hit the water and then the rock. Sinking deep into the oceans abyss.

Ozila turning to his men to address them.

"Thank you brothers for helping my cause. Because of you I can now rule freely without any obstruction.

The promise still remains the same, I would appoint you all as senators and ministers and Generals. The money, fame, ladies and houses are all your for the taking.

Let's all go back and put this sordid night behind us. For I have a speech to give to my people and a palace to clean up and affairs to tidy".

The men all turning to leave took one last glance at the place the man who always sent shivers to the spine of every criminals in the entire 7 kingdoms of the World when he was still a General in the Armed Forces of Nairaland. The largest force in the whole Kingdoms. He was called "THE NIGHT TERROR"

The birds in the air looked down at the oceans and in a silence that even the strongest superman wouldn't want to be knew that the only surviving and true ruler of Nairaland was dead and gone

Time: few hours after sunrise

Screams of terror could be heard coming from the palace, houses of loyal senators and ministers as the workers all woke up after a merry night to discover blood and mutilated bodies of their masters, wifes and children.

The whole Kingdom was even thrown into more chaos when they all found out that their beloved King and Queen where no more and their streets all dominated with the new Ruler who they all hated with pure scorn. And foreign ministers from neighbouring kingdom they knew something was in the offing. But what could they do. They were nothing but pawns waiting for the player to move.
But one thing they and the entire seven Kingdom new was things were never gonna be the same.

Survive they have to Survive they would.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
souloho19:

Lemme quickly read
Just a suggestion: since u always end up cancelling out previous updates because of new ideas, next time u want to script, just keep an open mind, don't have any preplanned pattern that the events must follow, that way as you're writing the ideas are coming and you're adding it and spicing the story.
The good and bad thing is it can spin the story in a crazy direction

I swear bro u get me. As I wan open the memo pad like this one idea go just come and I go they find how I go dey put am for the story.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Darkcrisp:
Nice one. So now you know there's a writer in you, what's your next move?

Lol.......
Hope un-knowing alpha wud be long ooo.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Pls u guys are disturbing.. make uNa allow the writer post na..

I'll start writing noisemaker now..

sad

Lol.....
Names of noisemaker is going on.
Hope the op is not included.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Cyber5 I saw u veiwing just now bro.

Hadampson, souloho19, meneski, boffinjay, dhammybiz, kimberlywest , kimkardashian, queenitee, yungeez, lleigh, evajael, pamelb, rachealfst, alamiendagash, ikombe, hormobolanle, mhizdhebee, dopeyomi, gtin, wizsolzy, chumzypinky, emperor380 and others a new update is here

Hope y'all like it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Not Today by cyber5(m): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
Guys you wouldn't believe this.

Can you believe that Nairaland is an advanced kingdom, they also have a website.

www.Nairaland.com
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2017
ozila:

nice story. keep it up.
Thanks man.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
cyber5:
Guys you wouldn't believe this.

Can you believe that Nairaland is an advanced kingdom, they also have a website.

www.Nairaland.com

Lol.....see ya head like......... grin

1 Like

Re: Death Not Today by cyber5(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
stephenGee12:
Cyber5 I saw u veiwing just now bro.

Hadampson, souloho19, meneski, boffinjay, dhammybiz, kimberlywest , kimkardashian, queenitee, yungeez, lleigh, evajael, pamelb, rachealfst, alamiendagash, ikombe, hormobolanle, mhizdhebee, dopeyomi, gtin, wizsolzy, chumzypinky, emperor380 and others a new update is here

Hope y'all like it.

I no go anywhere before, i just stroll inside Nairaland forest.

Make i read

Where's the update
Re: Death Not Today by meneski(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
meneski de ur back fulltime no goal-goal.
Re: Death Not Today by MhizDherbee(f): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mehn! You r good!!! I doff my hat for you
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
MhizDherbee:
Mehn! You r good!!! I doff my hat for you

Awwwn thanks dear.
Hope you enjoy it.
Re: Death Not Today by MhizDherbee(f): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
stephenGee12:

Awwwn thanks dear. Hope you enjoy it.
Ofcourse i am enjoying it. Welldone!
Re: Death Not Today by Emperor380(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mouth sealed...Av change my mind....
This is superb....Its more of Greece...
Re: Death Not Today by Hadampson(m): 11:27pm On Jul 26, 2017
This is awesome brocheesy
More updates please
Re: Death Not Today by queenitee(f): 12:20am On Jul 27, 2017
stephenGee12:
Souloho19, hadampson, kimberlywest, lleigh, ironkurtain, theblessedman, princeofprince,rachealfst,ikombe,wizsolzy,emperor380, forzarush, chumzypinky, alamiendagash , meneski, sleemon, maybelconor, abelossa22, queenitee, yungeez, jane1234f, marianneada and others update is here.
I'm here inlaw, sorry I came late
Re: Death Not Today by queenitee(f): 12:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Brother in law is the bomb!!!
Re: Death Not Today by Dopeyomi(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2017
stephenGee12:

Lol.....
Names of noisemaker is going on.
Hope the op is not included.

No you're our class teacher!

All you need to do is to give us swift and prompt update and if you fail to do so we have no other option than to sack you.. Since you're still on probation....

grin
Re: Death Not Today by omonifamily(f): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Hadampson:
Pretty050, neenie, olarafiat, omonifamily, mizeminent, edobor108, holuwanoisy111, abelosas222, 123456dr, rapcy, shakyroh320, dextinate, bukkydan, fijumokesayo, waliyarh01, pinkfeet, gloryejims, herosakin777, fmartin, everton4life, herdex, tgold1, tunkia, tinaflux, xolocious, jupitre, spdazzy, ozila, yusufibrahim, kikiwendy, mamindy, nathblessin, nabla, 369x, stevedison, petux, femadefs, 1marking, crystalprince, yewande1234, talk2saintify, swankee, tenniebae, badsaint, maybelconor, herbiegreat, chigold121, pinkbae, feyikemi12, hotswagg12, rosalieene, janeade, cyber5, cyberrex, bimberry1307, silensa, vickyviolet, nellaz, efizy08, kelvinhilton, phawwaz, lecheM and dannybomb

thanks bro for the invites. I've bin sik Ni jare but thank God am back hale and healthy.

I hope u guys never occupy d sit finish o cos me I no fit to stand o, or anygentleman to act as one?
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2017
Dedicated to divepen1 for putting me through. Thanks man I appreciate.

*Three months Later*

The people of Nairaland knew they had no choice than to welcome suffering into their lives from the onset of the coup.

It hadn't even been upto six months and there was already corruption at the annex of the food chain.
There once peaceful kingdom, which all other six kingdoms looked upon for advice, food, money, help. Was now a dog-eat-dog kingdom.
With the 56 towns glory all lost on that bad day they would forever loathe.
No one could protest for fear of death, as he had spies, soldiers working for him round about. Anybody found saying anything bad about him, be it in a bar, church, mosque, shrine, temple, any means of transportation or anywhere was immediately brought down and made an example of.

This was the kind of live the people of Nairaland kingdom and its neighbouring people had come to live with, hoping to wake up from this horrible dream. With no one left to save them, they had left it all up to their heads to see them through.

Time: Unknown

He was playing with his kids on a field, with his wife singing on a bench surrounded by soldiers. Then all of a sudden, the skies rumbled and it began to fall down on earth, looking at the place his children were but all he could see where mutilated bodies. And a field full of blood, not his children blood but rain's blood.
Looking at his now quiet wife, whose white gown had been painted red. He could hear her telling him something but what she was saying was lost to him. Until she stood up and beat him almost to death with her hands calling him murderer in a voice that seemed to be backed by thunder as every word sounded louder than the predecessor.

This had been the dream that had plagued him for the past three months, bringing him out of consciousness and taking him back.

This had plagued his captors, even the doctors they had brought in could only pray for a miracle. Scans showed his brain active but locked, and every other parts of his body except his back which was healing nicely.

Meanwhile;
Time: unknown.

Men where seen gathered round a large round table all contemplating and bringing ideas to be used but neither agreeing on which form to take.

The doors opened and the men all stood abruptly in respect for a man they looked unto as their leader.

Flanked by two bodyguards holding an M4-carbine in their hands.

"So gentlemen, what plans have you all come up with?"

He asked the now silent room filled with his lieutenants all skilled in different parts of war, each controlling a section of 50 men each all also skilled in different arts of wars but grouped according to the art they could perform best.
They where "THE AVENGERS". A notorious group of people, who where known for their bravery, chivalry, kindness but where also known for their bruteness, wickedness and ruthlessness.

This particular group had been hunted by the ARMED FORCES OF NAIRA-LAND.
When it was under the command of Stephen who they held captive and under treatment.

Even a special budget had been allocated to its army to help them train more men and build machines and equipments to help them capture them but they had always escaped in mysterious ways.

"Sir". A soldier called whilst saluting the men in the room but most especially the man who lead them.

"Yes, what is it soldier?" He said now facing the soldier with a face that could kill.

"I was told to tell you that he woke up and slipped back again. But this time was different from the others as he was shouting a name".

"And what name is that?"

"Bella, Sir".

"Okay thanks, Soldier. Tell the doctors to let me know if there is any improvement".

"Yes Sir". He saluted and left the inner chambers where decisions where made that could make or mar them. But so far, thay had all recorded a lower death rate.

The men were all quiet for they knew that anytime he had his two hands folded like he wanted to pray. He was thinking and anybody who disturbed him had better have a good reason for doing so or else.

Raising his head from its position. He knew they all wanted to know who the man he had rescued three weeks ago but unknown to them he had sent his elite forces lead and controlled by him to rescue the man three months ago, while coming from an espionage from the Northern Kingdom.

And had only told his lieutenants when the hairs in his body had grown with the help of an hair growth technology so as to avoid his identity. For that very man was wanted in his group for causing they death of most of his lieutenants and soldiers.

"Let me hear plans A-Z now". He said to avoid the almost raised questions. But he couldn't help but admire this group of lieutenants who were all skilled and as well intelligent as they all relayed the plans to him on how to attack and put a stop to an upcoming terrorist attack that could be brutal than 9/11 if it succeeded.

Making errors and counter attacks, they all re-sketched their plans until there was little room for faults.

" So gentlemen, prep up your soldiers and be ready to move out in 00:00 hours, leave no one alive. Visit the armory for whatever your teams may need. God Be with you and make sure you all follow the plans".
Turning to face his second and third in command. He asked them to wait for him while the others left.

"What do you think about this mission?"

2nd&3rd commander: "it is going to be a success, but there is going to be casualties on our side as we would face both the terrorist group and the army of the country. So we are still going to be screwed".

Boss: "okay, tell the men to shoot any one that shoots at them. And also follow the routes and maps I gave to them".

2ndcommander: "okay Sir, but the lieutenants and us would like to know who that man in the clinic is. The men are beginning to ask questions as he isn't one of us and we as lieutenants ought to know who he is but we are left in the dark".

Boss: "Well said, but when it is time I would let you know. Now dismiss and leave me to my thoughts, will you?"

I know you guys are probably angry with me. But please bear with me on this. It ain't easy combining work with this and everything.

Hope to update soon. So bear with me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 8:51am On Jul 28, 2017
queenitee:
I'm here inlaw, sorry I came late
No probs. Go to the family section.
Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2017
Meneski , apollux , cyberrex , cyber5 , divepen1 , alamiendagash , kimkardashian , kimberlywest , queenitee , yungeez , emperor380 , empressT , hadampson , hormobolanle , mhizdherbee , gtin , princeofprince , evajael , jane1234f , donteanz , Nnenna , marianneada , sleemon , souloho19 , ishilove , larrysun , ozila , Lleigh , help me call others. There is a new update.

2 Likes

Re: Death Not Today by stephenGee12(m): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2017
omonifamily:

thanks bro for the invites. I've bin sik Ni jare but thank God am back hale and healthy.

I hope u guys never occupy d sit finish o cos me I no fit to stand o, or anygentleman to act as one?

U are mostly welcome.
Hadampson would see to u.
Hope you enjoy it

1 Like

Re: Death Not Today by EmpressT(f): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Thanks for the mention. Will see about that.

stephenGee12:
Meneski , apollux , cyberrex , cyber5 , divepen1 , alamiendagash , kimkardashian , kimberlywest , queenitee , yungeez , emperor380 , empressT , hadampson , hormobolanle , mhizdherbee , gtin , princeofprince , evajael , jane1234f , donteanz , Nnenna , marianneada , sleemon , souloho19 , ishilove , larrysun , ozila , Lleigh , help me call others. There is a new update.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Torn / "Sweet Pain" / Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.