Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

70 Virgins In Paradise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 70 Virgins In Paradise (7932 Views)

72 Virgins In Paradise? / Raisins Or Virgins In Paradise? Christian paradise never had this vagueness / 72 Virgins In Paradise Or Hell For Suicide Bombers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

70 Virgins In Paradise by skyone(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2010
Abu zola alzakawi and other faithful islam: i hope you want blow up Nigeria in order not to miss out in the 70 virgin in paradise helladise  sad

In August, 2001, the American television channel CBS aired an interview with a Hamas activist Muhammad Abu Wardeh, who recruited terrorists for suicide bombings in Israel. Abu Wardeh was quoted as saying: "I described to him how God would compensate the martyr for sacrificing his life for his land. If you become a martyr, God will give you 70 virgins, 70 wives and everlasting happiness." Wardeh was in fact shortchanging his recruits since the rewards in Paradise for martyrs was 72 virgins. But I am running ahead of things .

Since September 11, news stories have repeated the story of suicide bombers and their heavenly rewards, and equally Muslim scholars and Western apologists of Islam have repeated that suicide is forbidden in Islam. Suicide (qatlu nafsi-hi) is not referred to in the Koran but is indeed forbidden in the Traditions (Hadith in Arabic), which are the collected sayings and doings attributed to the Prophet and traced back to him through a series of putatively trustworthy witnesses. They include what was done in his presence that he did not forbid, and even the authoritative sayings and doings of his companions.

But the Hamas spokesman correctly uses the word martyr (shahid) and not suicide bomber, since those who blow themselves up almost daily in Israel and those who died on September 11 were dying in the noblest of all causes, Jihad, which is an incumbent religious duty, established in the Koran and in the Traditions as a divine institution, and enjoined for the purpose of advancing Islam. While suicide is forbidden, martyrdom is everywhere praised, welcomed, and urged: "By the Being in Whose Hand is my life, I love that I should be killed in the way of Allah; then I should be brought back to life and be killed again in His way, "; "The Prophet said, 'Nobody who enters Paradise will ever like to return to this world even if he were offered everything, except the martyr who will desire to return to this world and be killed 10 times for the sake of the great honour that has been bestowed upon him'." [Sahih Muslim, chapters 781, 782, The Merit of Jihad and the Merit of Martyrdom.]

What of the rewards in paradise? The Islamic paradise is described in great sensual detail in the Koran and the Traditions; for instance, Koran sura 56 verses 12 -40 ; sura 55 verses 54-56 ; sura 76 verses 12-22. I shall quote the celebrated Penguin translation by NJ Dawood of sura 56 verses 12- 39: "They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face, and there shall wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine (that will neither pain their heads nor take away their reason); with fruits of their own choice and flesh of fowls that they relish. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls: a guerdon for their deeds,  We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand, "

One should note that most translations, even those by Muslims themselves such as A Yusuf Ali, and the British Muslim Marmaduke Pickthall, translate the Arabic (plural) word Abkarun as virgins, as do well-known lexicons such the one by John Penrice. I emphasise this fact since many pudic and embarrassed Muslims claim there has been a mistranslation, that "virgins" should be replaced by "angels". In sura 55 verses 72-74, Dawood translates the Arabic word " hur " as "virgins", and the context makes clear that virgin is the appropriate translation: "Dark-eyed virgins sheltered in their tents (which of your Lord's blessings would you deny?) whom neither man nor jinnee will have touched before." The word hur occurs four times in the Koran and is usually translated as a "maiden with dark eyes".

Two points need to be noted. First, there is no mention anywhere in the Koran of the actual number of virgins available in paradise, and second, the dark-eyed damsels are available for all Muslims, not just martyrs. It is in the Islamic Traditions that we find the 72 virgins in heaven specified: in a Hadith (Islamic Tradition) collected by Al-Tirmidhi (died 892 CE [common era*]) in the Book of Sunan (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah [Prophet Muhammad], chapter 21, About the Smallest Reward for the People of Paradise, (Hadith 2687). The same hadith is also quoted by Ibn Kathir (died 1373 CE ) in his Koranic commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Al-Rahman (55), verse 72: "The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying: 'The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana'a [Yemen]'."

Modern apologists of Islam try to downplay the evident materialism and sexual implications of such descriptions, but, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam says, even orthodox Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 CE) and Al-Ash'ari (died 935 CE) have "admitted sensual pleasures into paradise". The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died 1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the manliness of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/jan/12/books.guardianreview5
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Abuzcla: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
At Op, i would av loved to curse you for insulting my religion.I would not becos u hav spoken the truth about islam.I vowed to Allah to stand by d truth&i will do just that.
May Allah reward u for this thread
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
Abuz©la:

At Op, i would av loved to curse you for insulting my religion.I would not becos u hav spoken the truth about islam.I vowed to Allah to stand by d truth&i will do just that.
May Allah reward u for this thread
Are u sure u re a muslim? Well who cares,i like for speaking d truth about this hoax called islam.
Abu Zola go for a suicidal mission on third mainland bridge behold, ur 70virgins awaits u in hell fire
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2010
toba:

Abu Zola go for a suicidal mission on third mainland bridge behold, your 70virgins awaits u in hell fire

will U be at 3rd Mainland? grin
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2010
MrPrsdent:

will U be at 3rd Mainland? grin
Yes on my way to church 2moro
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by alafin(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2010
Thank God i converted to Christian, this is exactly one of the verses i read that made me to convert to from muslim.

How i wish some blind muslims could read this, ISLAM IS THE MOST DANGEROUS WMD TO THE WORLD sad

1 Like

Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by grace5: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2010
please for Muslim there is no 70 virgins in heaven,they are on there way to hell,
and 70 demons assign to them to torment them that refuse the love of GOD
which JESUS CHRIST.
In heaven there is one husband and one wife they are :

JESUS the bridegroom his CHURCH the BRIDE.

Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by yeswecan(m): 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2010
This explains why they are so eager to fall  .  .   . The power of women, virgins for that matter. LOL
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
THE DEVIL AND HIS FRIEND

The devil went for a walk with a friend. They saw a man ahead of them stoop down and pick up something from the ground:

DEVIL'S FRIEND: “What did that man find?”

DEVIL: “A piece of Truth,”

DEVIL'S FRIEND: “Doesn’t that disturb you?”

DEVIL:No, I shall let him make a belief out of it.”
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by chidyke77(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
Na so women dey sweet dis muslims even to expect more of it in heaven.
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by afiq(m): 10:53pm On Feb 07, 2010
Islam=Evil, muslim= evil followers || enough said
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by mamagee3(f): 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2010
afiq:

Islam=Evil, muslim= evil followers || enough said

You must be smoking on broken glasses. . .
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by alafin(m): 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
mama-gee:

You must be smoking on broken glasses. . .

Mama - gee for godness sake why are you always posting senseless and meaningless posts, please why  angry

I wonder if you think at all though undecided Abuja is hot but we still think sensibly, 'well except the politician sad
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
Mohammad was asked about d greatest commandments dat must be obeyed he said 3
1,obey Allah&his prophets
2,fight jihad cos its paramount
3,vist mecca
He said obey d prophet,he mohammad said fight jihad,becos of 72 virgins muslims would benefit in paradise.Terrorist groups worldwide are simply following commandments 1&2 of mohammad all becos of virgins.It shows mohammad was a great liar&loved blood sheding.D physical body will be buried on earth,whilst only d soul will go to God for judgement.can a man's soul have sex?
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by agathamari(f): 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2010
the 9/11 hijackers had a mistranslation, they arnt getting 72 virgins they are getting 72 VIRGINIANS (the founding fathers are waiting to beat thier asses for all eternity)
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
Muslims who prayed, fasted, gave zakat and did Haj but did not participate in Jihad and killed kuffar will suffer torture in grave and will do some hell time before being sent to paradise. Their hell time will be decided on judgement day Said the prophet of doom Mohammad

Who are the Kuffar according to the bast-ard?

Xtians atheist and other pple?
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by comoros: 4:03am On Feb 10, 2010
The Soul that sinneth, it shall surely die. 7 million virgins are not worth dying for, let alone 70. We only live once and that life is a gift from God that must be cherished and appreciated. If terrorists wish to Bleep 70 virgins, why can't they just strap the bombs to themselves, stay in an open field alone and detonate it? That could qualify them for 70 whores, but blowing up as well as taking the lives of innocent people who both share and don't share your religious beliefs is completely beastly, demonic and unreligious. I wonder if the Prophet Mohammed also died in a terrorist 'Jihad'? Someone gist me abeg
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by ghettochyk(f): 4:20am On Feb 10, 2010
I've recently started being around muslims a lot, and the more I see and hear (from them) about some of their practices, the more it becomes evident that something just isn't right. I've asked questions and see it just doesn't seem right.  I wont be going into detail now, but it seems so systematic and like a "checklist" religion. I feel so sorry for all those that devoutly practice a false teachings of Mohammed. I pray for all our muslim brothers and sisters that they'll find the Truth in time.

1 Like

Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by muhsin(m): 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hi there,

Can anyone please pin-point where, in the article, exactly it’s said that a suicide bomber (note: not a martyred or Shahid) will get the 70 virgins in paradise? Thanks
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2010
muhsin:

Hi there,

Can anyone please pin-point where, in the article, exactly it’s said that a suicide bomber (note: not a martyred or Shahid) will get the 70 virgins in paradise? Thanks

Moslem terrorist group like taliban and alqaeda uses suicide bombing as there own means of jihad. so its very obvious that they simply beliv in this article or have interpreted the article to include suicide bombing as jihad.

For instance, mutallab was brainwashed to kill himself and others via suicide bombing,may be the same article was qouted to him as a reference point.

Osama said they are fighting jihad against the Americans and the only way to do so is by suicide bombing. I biliv this same article is being used as a guide to do evil in the name of jihad
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by muhsin(m): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^ Can't you read and comprehend? No offence. cool
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
muhsin:

^^^ Can't you read and comprehend? No offence. cool

'No i cant o.'

I gave u my opinion on what i think motivates moslems to carryout suiside mission with relevant past and present examples
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by muhsin(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2010
toba:

'No i cant o.'

I gave u my opinion on what i think motivates moslems to carryout suiside mission with relevant past and present examples

I didn't ask of your opinion but the OP's.
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
muhsin:

I didn't ask of your opinion but the OP's.

However since i gave it already, nothing spoil
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by muhsin(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
Hmm. . . lipsrsealed
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by skyone(m): 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
muhsin:

Hmm. . . lipsrsealed

YOU A COMICAL ANIMAL with no true identity. The problem many of you muslims have is that evil power of indoctrination over your spirit man which i'm afraid has profoundly damaged your uprightness in thinking straight, 'hence thinking waywardly. sad
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by muhsin(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^ You answered my question that way; I thought you could do more than that. Hmm. . . I over-rated your faculty of understanding. cheesy
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by skyone(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2010
muhsin:

^^^ You answered my question that way; I thought you could do more than that. Hmm. . . I over-rated your faculty of understanding. cheesy

WELL YOUR PROBLEM IS "YOU NEED A ROOM IN THE AMAZON" NOT FAR FROM BRAZIL

Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by Haksalam(m): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
Please take note that Islam is against any form of suicide act. It clearly states it that if you kill a man unjustly, it is as if you have killed the whole mankind and if you save a soul, it is as if you have saved the whole of mankind, so saying Muslim Terrorists is an oxymoron. it is true that 70 virgins await a muslim in heaven. By the way, what is wrong with having 70 virgins in heavens, afterall, heaven is for enjoyment.
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by MyJoe: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2010
Haksalam:

Please take note that Islam is against any form of suicide act. It clearly states it that if you kill a man unjustly, it is as if you have killed the whole mankind and if you save a soul, it is as if you have saved the whole of mankind, so saying Muslim Terrorists is an oxymoron. it is true that 70 virgins await a muslim in heaven. By the way, what is wrong with having 70 virgins in heavens, afterall, heaven is for enjoyment.
grin grin grin
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by ogajim(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
Anyone looking forward to 70 virgins must not have dealt with any woman before, don't you see the polygamists check out faster than men married to one wife? it's hard enough to juggle two women (for those so inclined) let alone 70, Education helps sometimes if you ask me!

70 virgins ko 70 Virginians(led by Gen. George Washington) ni. cheesy
Re: 70 Virgins In Paradise by ghettochyk(f): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^^
yeah, and really, what ANY GUY, gonna do with 70 virgins? Does this promise also come with 2 or more hearts or maybe, just an immortal heart? ANd what's in it for the women here on earth now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brother Ubani Divine Revelation Of Hell....times Is Up. / My Idea On Who Created God / Atheists, You Are All Invited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.