Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism (9836 Views)

Share Your Testimony Of Year 2019 / Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by watchwoman(f): 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is how I got filled with the holy spirit

It happened during an Easter retreat programme at my home church some years ago, I remember the preacher preaching a powerful message then later did an alter call. immediately after that he asked for those who desired to be filled with the holy spirit to come out, so I came forth and he prayed and asked the holy spirit to fill is according to the hunger in our hearts, and almost instantly the power of God came upon me and I began speaking in other tongues Hallelujah!

When I started speaking in tongues I noticed that i could only speak just a word repetitively but as I fellowshipped more with God, the spirit gives you utterance and you can't just help but bless the name of God. Anytime i fellowship with God in tongues ,there is this special refreshing that comes along with it and this joy like a river in my soul.

I bless God for giving us his spirit, because the holy spirit of God in us as believers is really an advantage to us Christians in this perilous times.

Shallom saints.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by GodsMopol: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2017
I believe you will find this thread worth reading
Gracelilian

1 Like

Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by writeprof(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
judedwriter:

Hmmmm...im not doubting your testimony...but the baptism of the Holy Spirit is just once, not twice!

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is expected to be an everyday thing as you fellowship with the Holy Spirit as the PERSON/SPIRIT in charge of this dispensation of Grace. Without the daily baptism/fellowship no Christian can claim victories in the day to day walk with God.
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by GodsMopol: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2017
writeprof:

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is expected to be an everyday thing as you fellowship with the Holy Spirit as the PERSON/SPIRIT in charge of this dispensation of Grace. Without the daily baptism/fellowship no Christian can claim victories in the day to day walk with God.

It could be everyday or once

Once in the sense that, you receive the baptism once, Peter said,

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Everyday in the sense that, you stay filled everyday, Jude 20 said, building up yourself on your most holy faith, praying, I.e. a continued voluntary filling
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by thhobbie: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2019
BlueAngel444:
https://www.nairaland.com/3992671/tithing-truth-history-origin-catholic
https://www.nairaland.com/3992834/malachis-prophecy

Being born again is being Baptized of the Holy Ghost. If you are not baptised your not born again because you don't have God's seal of redemption.

Water baptism is a physical demonstration of the spiritual manifestation of Jesus baptising His church in the Spirit and used to reveal Christ it has no eternal value to the believer.

Seek God's gift, ask for the Holy Spirit that purifies
There's indwelling and infilling of the Holy spirit, indwelling is received by all born again Christians thru salvation, and infilling is the baptism of the Holy spirit... All born again have indwelling of the Holy spirit but not all have infilling (baptism of the Holy spirit)
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by thhobbie: 9:22am On Oct 30, 2019
Dannan:
Oh your post gives me hope. I have prayed for the baptism of The Holy Ghost and I have seen people receive theirs and I know and have faith that God will answer my prayers and baptize me with HIS HOLY SPIRIT and FIRE IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Go and speak...
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Mandyoluchi(m): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dear Madam Sparkles,

I'll be willing to help you receive.

Please suggest how you can contact me

Me too. Pls I'm interested. O8o6i645979
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Nothingserious: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
aydes:

When hear about the baptism of the Holyspirit alot of questions arise in my mind and am always quite troubles because i truly want to be a partaker.

Firstly, whats the criteria of been baptized by the Holyghost.
Secondly, can you have the holyspirit and not be giftes with the speaking of tongues. Am quite sure ive given my life to christ. Though sometimes i doubt myself and even pray for a sign that am truly saved.
When i pray at times i fill an electric or shivering in my spirit that i cant control a wonderful feeling too. But i get totally confused about myself when i hear people speak in tongues and am just there saying my prayers from my heart to God.

Please I nees help as I dont want to deceive myself and i want to grow in christ in truth and in spirit.

I don’t think there is a biblical support to say everyone will speak in tongues as evidence of the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I also think there is a biblical support to say that all believers have the Holy Spirit in them once they believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On May 18, 2023
Hier:
■ Scriptural reference for personal research First, you need to understand God promised the disciples the baptism, evidently all Christians. So, the moment you are born again, you have every right to partake of this glorious inheritance. These verses gives us a picture of it in the old testament Exodus 11:24-27, 1 samuel 19:18-24 and Joel2:28-31. These verses shows us what's Gods promise to them who would believe.
■ Matthew 3:11, John 14:26-(note this words in this verses- teach you all things-future past and present; bring all things to your remembrance-past ), John 16:13(guide you into all truth-present, past and future; show you things to come-futurisitic).
Other verses are Acts 1:5, Acts1:8,
1. Those passages have nothing to do with what it means to be born-again abeg! undecided

2. Unfortunately, it is not all those who are born-again that will go on to be baptized by fire aka the Holy Spirit of God's New Covenant aka the Spirit of Truth. undecided

p.s. John the Baptist was an Old Covenant Prophet, and in following with the Old Covenant, the identity of the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Eternal Life whom God promised to the righteous of Old — Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20 . It is for this reason that John the Baptist regards the Spirit of Eternal Life as the Holy Spirit in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Luke 3 vs 4 - 18 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8. However, if you read John 14 vs 15 - 26, you will find that rather than the Spirit of Eternal Life, it is instead the Spirit of Truth that Jesus Christ depicts as the Holy Spirit — the reward promised to all who attain holiness by way of the New Covenant — whereas the Spirit of Eternal Life is rather offered as a gift to all sinners who would simply believe in Jesus Christ. What this means is that in Jesus Christ, rather than one Helper, we have two Helpers — the Spirit of Eternal Life who we are born of when we enter into an agreement with Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of Truth, the "another" Helper we obtain when we eventually become Holy in the New agreement that is Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On May 22, 2023
elantraceey:
■ Baptism is once but infilling can be countless.. Acts 2 and 4 comes to mind
What in the world does this mean? undecided
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On May 23, 2023
elantraceey:
It was the first all night apart from cross over service I attend,i detested all nights but after much persuasion from a friend I went, I was newly invited to the church then and everything seemed strange and nice too. It was just worship all through after a little preaching by the pastor, we all held hands and lifted our voices to God and it was electrifying, no one was laying hands and there was no instrument and all of a sudden I opened my eyes and everyone was on the floor including me, I was totally perplexed because I always believed those things were staged, and I spoke in other tongues as the spirit gave utterance, I can't explain the feeling or experience but it was just amazing, I felt like a child lol and I ended praying in tongues through out that night,,,, that experience changed my whole life.
So, apart from the speaking, what other proof did you receive to convince you that you were born-again and how has it been living with that proof to this day? undecided
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Kobojunkie: 12:26am On May 27, 2023
Abiagirl777:
■ I have tried but it seems I'm not holy/ripe enough for it cos I no dey fall and i don't want to memorise it lyk some penteco churches.I understand its a necessary experience for a xtain in order to communicate more with God but I won't force it. God knws my heart ,when he's ready he'll baptise me.
First of all, the one these guys mistakenly conclude is the Holy Ghost is actually not the Holy Spirit, but many of them are themselves not born-again so they don't know this. Second, you don't need to be holy in order to be born-again. You simply need to be of the blood of Jacob - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 . If you are of the blood of Israel, you qualify to become born-again as a sinner — born of water AND born of Spirit. You simply need to do as Jesus Christ commands and He will show up - John 3 vs 1 - 21 & Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Luke 4 - 18 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8. undecided
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Hier(m): 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Those passages have nothing to do with what it means to be born-again abeg! undecided

2. Unfortunately, it is not all those who are born-again that will go on to be baptized by fire aka the Holy Spirit of God's New Covenant aka the Spirit of Truth. undecided

p.s. John the Baptist was an Old Covenant Prophet, and in following with the Old Covenant, the identity of the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Eternal Life whom God promised to the righteous of Old — Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 & Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20 . It is for this reason that John the Baptist regards the Spirit of Eternal Life as the Holy Spirit in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 & Luke 3 vs 4 - 18 & Mark 1 vs 1 - 8. However, if you read John 14 vs 15 - 26, you will find that rather than the Spirit of Eternal Life, it is instead the Spirit of Truth that Jesus Christ depicts as the Holy Spirit — the reward promised to all who attain holiness by way of the New Covenant — whereas the Spirit of Eternal Life is rather offered as a gift to all sinners who would simply believe in Jesus Christ. What this means is that in Jesus Christ, rather than one Helper, we have two Helpers — the Spirit of Eternal Life who we are born of when we enter into an agreement with Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of Truth, the "another" Helper we obtain when we eventually become Holy in the New agreement that is Jesus Christ. undecided

I would have loved to address your concerns, but the truth is, I once used to think or believe the baptism of the Holy Ghost is restricted to a few.

The verses I stated above was a picture of similar experience in the Old Testament and God is extending that promise to everyone who believe in the gift. If you don't believe you can receive the baptism, well, all I know, the scripture promised it to all men in Joel 2:28
Re: Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Aug 01, 2023
Hier:
■ I would have loved to address your concerns, but the truth is, I once used to think or believe the baptism of the Holy Ghost is restricted to a few. The verses I stated above was a picture of similar experience in the Old Testament and God is extending that promise to everyone who believe in the gift. If you don't believe you can receive the baptism, well, all I know, the scripture promised it to all men in Joel 2:28
Never pull a verse out of context to assert a meaning different from that intended by its author. The verse you quoted from Joel 2 vs 28 says absolutely nothing of what you pretend. If you read that Book beginning from verse 1 you would find it is not only addressed to the Children of Israel, it particularly tells of events to take place during the last days of the Nation of Judah — the last days of God's judgment against His Israel, the sealing of the Prophets and visions which God promised.
1. Blow the trumpet on Zion. Shout a warning on my holy mountain. Let all the people who live in the land shake with fear. The Lord’s special day is coming; it is near. - Joel 2 vs 1
In verse 1 and some other places, God makes clear that the message contained is meant for those in Zion, in Jerusalem.
28 “After this, I will pour out my Spirit on all kinds of people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions.
29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on servants, both men and women.
30 I will work wonders in the sky and on the earth. There will be blood, fire, and thick smoke.
31 The sun will be changed into darkness, and the moon will be as red as blood. Then the great and fearful day of the Lord will come!
32 And everyone who trusts in the Lord[e] will be saved. There will be survivors on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, just as the Lord said. Yes, those left alive will be the ones the Lord has called. - Joel 2 vs 28 - 32
The passage above does not say everyone in Zion and Jerusalem at the time will be baptized. Rather, it says that God will pour His Spirit on all kinds of people. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos) / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.