Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos (14976 Views)

Ambode Gives N500 Million To 275 CDAs In Lagos (Photos) / Obiano Gives Quit Notice To Okada Riders In Onitsha, Awka / Ambode Gives Oshodi Ultra-Modern Outlook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by moonraker(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2017
bullshit

and move where??

Sorry maybe my comprehension skills is crap but was any solutions apart from the quit notice giving??

People just like to talk out of their asses with no alternatives whatsoever.

That was how Lai Mohammed was talking out of his ass too.

The Nigerian kind of governance baffles me sometimes. Its that simple, laid the framework via laws and infrastructure

and let the citizens utilize it.

Nope.... All they want is to chop. Even that ambode, you think hes not chopping too??

Bitch please

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by thoollz: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2017
Dem just dey wake up. It can't work because of d affluent that have erected structures there

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by MrIndespensable(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2017
Nice move by the Gov......38 days to catch shekau,we are waiting and counting....

1 Like

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by chuksjuve(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
Following the flood witnessed in most parts of Lagos last weekend, Gov. Ambode of Lagos in a statement released by the Commissioner for the Environment, Babatunde Adejare on Sunday, ordered owners of properties erected on drainage channels and impeding the free-flow of water to immediately vacate or risk being ejected.

Some of the areas where properties were erected on drainage channels include; Illubirin, Dolphin Estate, Osborne Foreshore Estate, Ikoyi, Osapa London, Ikota, Ogombo, Lekki, among others, as the Commissioner noted that the massive investment of public fund into drainage clearing and de-silting had been compromised by structures hindering the free-flow of water.

The Commissioner said "it is now of paramount importance that owners of buildings or structures impeding the free-flow of storm water, wherever they exist in the State, are advised to voluntarily quit forthwith in the overriding public interest or risk being removed by the State Government as no responsible government will allow the interest of a few to jeopardise the wellness and wellbeing of the generality of its people.

In view of the grievous consequences of compromising drainage right of way and alignment, Lagosians are hereby warned to henceforth refrain from this illegal act, report perpetrators and cooperate with the Lagos State Government in its bid to achieve a flood-free, clean and livable State.

He continued to say, 'for the avoidance of doubt, Lagosians are once again reminded that the right of way for primary unlined (without concrete) channel is 25 meters and 15 meters for primary lined (with concrete) channel, while the right of way for secondary/connector channel is seven meters. The right of way for tertiary channel is three meters from the fence of the house. “Primary channels such as canals are those emptying directly into the river, lagoons and other water bodies, while secondary/connector channels connect water from channels in the frontage of the house (tertiary channels) to the primary channel,” the Commissioner said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/ambode-gives-quit-notice-property-owners-blocking-drainage-channels-lagos.html

Lalasticlala

meanwhile his counter part in rivers state said Government will tackle the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by Ppresh2017(f): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2017
Fighting against nature will receive backlash one day or days from nature. My question to Ambode, where is Bar Beach??
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2017
ogombo keh?.VGC entrance nah wah..Osapa London? May God help the rich peep there.
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by igwedaboss(m): 11:12am On Jul 24, 2017
Zelabama:
If it will end the flooding, it's a good call
Are you in Lagos state?
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by Honesty007(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Lagos Flooding problems are cyclical in nature.
penalize residents and citizens who throw refuse in the night.
That would solve the problem.
Then create an enviromental watch police that would watch defaulters of enviromental laws and those who dump refuse at night during the rainy season.
it should be noted to that people always dump refuse in bushy areas, in the dark areas,in places that are far from psp sewage trucks ,in other places that are not under close supervision by the government.
Lack of maintenance of public utilities and infrastructure is also a problem that the government should solve.
There must be strict penalties and forceful compliance or people would not hear word.
Also,attitudinal mentality of govt enviromental workers to duty is becoming more money oriented than purpose oriented& the people involved or the govt must correct this anomaly.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by Sagay212: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2017
three:
Okay,

Why this should be an issue is somewhat of a mystery.

Why do we pay tax
Why do developers pay separate monitoring fees (that should normally be included in the standard building application fees)
Why do developers pay the ubiquitous infrastructure development levy?

All this and the government then 'allocates' land on drainage channels to people?

No excuses please, it's been the same party in power for 18 years!

Don't mind the mad APC politicians..after collecting all form of taxes. tenement rates and orisirisi tax, he is giving people quit notice. One big question, IF THERE WAS NO FLOOD, WILL HE BE GIVING ANYBODY QUIT NOTICE ? These politicians are con men. Were they sleeping when they were allocating lands and collecting millions from people in the name of selling lands? How about destroying all the illubirin rubbish sand filled buildings. That's why I pity people just buying land anyhow in ajah and epe..when another government is in power in the next 10 years, they'll wake up one morning and say people built houses on canals and didn't follow the plans of the area.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by davillian(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2017
He should ensure effective waste management policies and waste separation techniques too
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by gmajor10(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2017
three:
Okay,

Why this should be an issue is somewhat of a mystery.

Why do we pay tax
Why do developers pay separate monitoring fees (that should normally be included in the standard building application fees)
Why do developers pay the ubiquitous infrastructure development levy?

All this and the government then 'allocates' land on drainage channels to people?

No excuses please, it's been the same party in power for 18 years!

I totally agree. But I'm aware certain developers and housing agencies falsify government approval papers to deceive people into buying illegal lands. If caretakers n landlord can deceive new tenant to a house that owes light bill of over 200k, how much developers who are will to generate millions. Everyone is selling land this days, just because of the commission they intend to get, they will never fully disclose all relevant information.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by misspineapple(f): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2017
nice one
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by sandralopz88: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2017
I get paid over $95 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing,
░A░M░A░Z░I░N░G░ ░J░O░B░S░
¦¦¦¦F¦O¦L¦L¦O¦W¦¦M¦E¦¦¦¦¦http://www.fl-y.com/3pbq
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by park4: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2017
See details of won ticket below , subscribe now
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by gmajor10(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2017
park4:
See details of won ticket below , subscribe now

Myfredmon:
VIP subscribers had a great game this weekend.
Taking risk is one of the attrbutes of making money. It is never an easy route. To make money, call or whatsapp the number found in the photo

So after making almost a million with mere 4k, you want people to pay you for fraduenlent games. If your source is very secured you'd be betting the limited permitted by betting companies, and do same with there competitors. This is not Husspuppi made it o, if after flaunting millions he won't tell you how he got his money. You guys better get a life, if your games are certain you will put everything you have in it. You will games for mere 2k n 4k and set number of people will pay you 3k to get the Mumu games. Make yeye profits of greedy people's back.
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by wristbangle: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2017
Ppresh2017:
Fighting against nature will receive backlash one day or days from nature. My question to Ambode, where is Bar Beach??

It has been relocated to Eko Atlantic city beach
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2017
tiwiex:
Common. They have found a way to shift the cause to D masses. Let's assume for a moment this is true. How come he knows where all d illegal houses are? The truth is disposable water packs plays a critical part and he failed to mention it. I grew up in surulere and drank public water from d taos so we needed no pure water. Who provides pipe borne water? Yes, government. He knows if he raises dis, the next q is Oya, give us water. They have shifted it as people problem and someone is saying no nonsense governor. The problem seems to be happening in many states. Coincidence.

Na land dem dey find oh. All of a sudden, Dolphin is on a drainage. Seriously?

It would be interesting to know your definition of the masses because I doubt they live at some of of locations Ambode mentioned. I believe instead the governor is showing resolve in confronting powerful vested interests.

The solution you've provided is to my mind not practical. It would create bans on soft drinks and many packaged foods which would increase unemployment and social unrest. Plastic and it's disposal is a behavioural problem that can be solved by education, support and incentives to encourage recycling and their underlying Industry. Blocking channels is a criminal action of an oppressive minority. Dealing with this has low social spillover and big environment impact.

My take.

Have a great week.
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by TinaAnita(f): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2017
Whatever happens to compensating those affected? They should just vacate their property and go to hell who cares? I detest the insensitivity of the Nigerian government. What a country
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by khalids: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2017
Now all this places "Illubirin, Dolphin Estate, Osborne Foreshore Estate, Ikoyi, Osapa London, Ikota, Ogombo, Lekki" they mentioned, are they saying everyone there should vacate the area or are there specific parts they are talking about.....because if na the whole area, na fight to finish o
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by martin123: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ambode should please come to Gbetu-Iwerekun Road at Ibeju Lekki to see houses built on the canals. The Omoniles sold the land and no one could challenge them.
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by edoman2016: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
I hope Governor Ambode will summon courage to give quit notice to Oriental Hotel owned by Bola Ahmed Tinubu in lekki. The hotel is built on drainage channel as well and should be demolished. What is good for goose is also good for the gander.
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by toocoded: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
umitrunp:
finally a leader with balls. its long over due
Hussein wehdone
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by Innov8ve1: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
So where do you want them to relocate to mr house destroyer. the otodo gbame issue is still there, all he could do is transfer the blame to someone else without offering compensation to those affected
Re: Ambode Gives Quit Notice To Property Owners Blocking Drainage Channels In Lagos by aremunojeem(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
na now day break

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Schedule Of Activities For Anambra Governorship Election 2017 / Femi Adesina, Garba Shehu, And The Demons Of Aso Rock, By Achike Chude / Why Buhari Is Yet To Reshuffle Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.