Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Tongues -part 3.the Special Ministry Of Tongues. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tongues -part 3.the Special Ministry Of Tongues. (397 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tongues -part 3.the Special Ministry Of Tongues. by Blue86(m): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Before I speak on the ministry of tongues proper, let me quickly speak briefly on praying in tongues and the Corinthians church.
I want you to get this.
Praying in tongues is you speaking to God in an unknown language.[God's business and your business].
While the special ministry of tongues is God speaking through you to man[ God's business and other men's business, not your business ].
In the corinthian church they loved speaking in tongues, am sure probably because it could be done at will. I mean praying in tongues, bcoz Paul says I will pray with my spirit(1corinthians 14:15-16).Dont you note I Will?
But the Special Ministry of Tongues can't be done at your will, but as the Holy Ghost wills and feels like(1 Corinthians 12:11)
The corinthian bunch made the mistake of putting the praying in tongues in the place of the special ministry of tongues. Giving it the same status. Which is not.Why?Arent they all speaking in tongues? Yes. But different administration.
Once is between you and God.
Once is between God and others through you.
But also praying in tongues could be interpreted if given and if there are others who are of the tongue you speak.
That's why he said if there is no interpreter [whether you or if you don't perceive through the Spirit that others are present that can] don't bother speaking to guys your prayer language tongues. Speak to God and to yourself. Because no one will be edified.
Remember in Acts, the people said we heard them speak in our own mother tongue the wonderful works of God.Acts 2:11.
Those in the upper room were just speaking in tongues to God, but others of the other tongues knew what they were saying because it was unlearned to the guys in the upper room but learned to others beside them. That's what unknown tongues is.
Languages unlearned to you but learned to others.
If I speak in tongues of men and angels.. A Chinese man speaking in Yoruba to God,if I were there do you think I wouldn't understand what he will be saying?

THE MINISTRY OF TONGUES PROPER
I said earlier that praying in tongues is you speaking to God. And that you can do at anytime. At will.
And the ministry of tongues is God speaking to men through you. And that you can't do at anytime. It is according to when Holy Spirit feels like speaking. And that isn't for you but for others.
You can prophesy to yourself ,right?
But there is a special ministry of prophecy which you can't do at will, but as you are moved by the Holy Ghost.
It's the same with tongues too.

Holy Spirit isn't a dummy. He is the Spirit of wisdom.
He won't move people in the special ministry of tongues to speak if there is no one to be ministered to.
Those regulations Paul gave was for those who were putting praying in tongues in the place of the special ministry of tongues.
Let give you instances.
1. A man was God was interviewed ,which was aired life.Then when He started talking about his experiences in God, caught in the middle, the Holy Ghost moved him in the special ministry of tongues. Oh yes, he knew it was that movement because of the unction.In his mind he was saying please God please don't fail me please. And waiting for interpretation to come from the Holy Ghost, none followed.Hah,He was down.
But after the show, one of the TV workers received a call that a certain old German woman heard him giving a special message to her in one of the archaic German tongue, to do this and do that, and she would be healed. Which she did and was healed.

2.A lady went up to the podium after John G Lake preached ,and spoke in tongues. John G Lake allowed her to speak because he perceived in his spirit that God wanted to speak through her.
In John G lakes words
"I simply stopped preaching and waited while the Spirit of God came upon her. She began to chant in some language I didn't know, and then made gestures like those of a Mohammedan priest would make when chanting prayers. In the back of the house I observed a young east Indian, whom I knew. He became enraptured and commenced to work gradually up the aisle. No one disturbed him, and he proceeded up the aisle until he had reached the front. Then he stood looking into the girls face with intense amazement.
When the message had ceased, I said to Him, 'What is it? 'He answered, 'oh she speaks my language! '
I said, 'what does she say'. He came up on the platform beside me and gave the gist of her message.'she tells me that salvation comes from God. In order to save men, Jesus Christ, Who was God became man. She says one man can't save another :that Mohammed was a man like other men, not a power to save a man from His sins. But Jesus was God, and He had power to impart His Spirit to me and make me like God ' "

For further examples on the ministry of tongues, watch brother and sister Goodwin's tape on you tube. Prophet passion java and Kenneth Hagin.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did God Permit The Anambra Church Massacre? / Ozubulu Killing:were All Of Them Sleeping Or Dozing When It Happened- Namdi Kanu / The Story Of King BUHARI And Charlie Boy ( King James Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.