Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] (18309 Views)

Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) / Enugu People Protest IPOB Attack On Ekweremadu, Warn Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by OneHead: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Commotion in Owerri As 300 Deaf and dumb Protest, Block Entry Gate Of Imo State Govt. House Demand N12m Subvention...

Members of Imo State Association of the Deaf, numbering over 300 on Monday, blocked the entry gate of the Imo State Government House, Owerri, in protest,

The protesters tried to force themselves into the premises of the government house but were resisted by the security men on duty at the entry gate.
The security men fired several gunshot into the air.

The protesters said they wanted to see Governor Rochas Okorocha, over alleged neglect and abandonment of their ‘welfare packages and annual subventions.’
Their chairman, Mr. Uzoma Edwards, who spoke to newsmen through an interpreter, a Catholic Church Reverend sister, said that for the past 12 years, their annual subventions totaling N12m had not been released to the association.
The group also alleged that the government had ‘grossly marginalised’ members of the association in employment, empowerment opportunities and official programmes.

The protesters said the state government treated them ‘badly’ because they cannot talk and had no ability to air their grievances through verbal communication.
The association’s chairman said members were angry that the state government had yet to approve its proposal for the state to host the sixth edition of the National Deaf Football Championship in 2018.
While demanding two vehicles ......read more

http://www.naaija.com/2017/07/deaf-dumb-protest-imo-see-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by OneHead: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by serverconnect(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Why won't they protest. APC lead government are like dogs biting the masses harder.

23 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
Lmao

Chai

Notin i no go see 4 dis country

People wey de talk nd hear ar treated badly nd trek on a daily basis

Deaf nd dumb wan ride car

Kai

I rebuke that spirit of bruhaha

#Eco99#

19 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Danzakidakura(m): 8:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jesus Christ so Rochas okorohausa olaniyi even steals from the deaf and dump ones

God bless Biafra.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by odiereke(m): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
They won't even hear the gun shot.

50 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by ojun50(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Nd okoro wasiu is telling us buhari is coming back in two weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by UnknownT: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
Rochas dey London oh to see the queeN Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by dollytino4real(f): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
sori my brothers and sisters it is well. imolite should find way to exchange rochas with garri.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Mactop01: 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
The disability need a better law and better treatment in our society

7 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by reiddecuti: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
Okorocha see what u caused.

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
Car?
For what?

Anyway look down wink
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
grin

What an irony...there is plenty reference in the post to "hear" and "said" and I'm wondering how they did it.

8 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2017
but wait o,how dem take know say na wetin dem need be that?
who can hear them talk since there are d&d? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Na wa ooo cool cool
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by dopedealer(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Wahala de oo
How dem go hear if other road users horn self
Anyways deaf and dumb for naija get levels

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Receive sense[code][/code] undecided
ecoeco:
Lmao

Chai

Notin i no go see 4 dis country

People wey de talk nd hear ar treated badly nd trek on a daily basis

Deaf nd dumb wan ride car

Kai

I rebuke that spirit of bruhaha

#Eco99#

5 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Yuji: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
odiereke:
OK this got me like grin grin Make we just stay one side dey observe. Funny set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Sebastine1994(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
Some times I wish I was deaf. When my room mates are disturbing while I am trying to read. God make all of us deaf please
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Cutezt(m): 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by jeff44(m): 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
Sebastine1994:
Some times I wish I was deaf. When my room mates are disturbing while I am trying to read. God make all of us deaf please
God pls do not grant this request

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Sebastine1994(m): 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
jeff44:
God pls do not grant this request
why? Its my prayer oh. Not yours

1 Like

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Sultty(m): 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
Abeg what does d police think of achieving by firing warning shots, they are deaf people and won't be deterred

3 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by SilvanusII(m): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2017
In the first place, they are referred to as 'deaf-mute'. Let's even assume u had to use Nigerian parlance, it is 'deaf and DUMB'. Dump ko, dispose ni.

Secondly, seeing the comments that av followed this post show the degree to which we are wicked and insensitive. Because they are challenged, they are now sub-human? We deserve the kind of leaders we av in this country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by micflo28(m): 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
hope rochas joined them cos the idiat hears no criticism. Mbakwe remains the best governor imo ever had lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by fumiswtpusy(f): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
They should just go and look for hustle that don't need much talking.
Like barbing,sewing,shoe cobbler and make their money.
Or even take an inter preter and start up little bussiness.
Nigeria politician only care about themselves.and don't give a Bleep about the masses including tinubu,gej,buhari,rochas etc but excluding nnamdi kanu.that guy is different from all the nigerian politician I have seen
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by perdollar(m): 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
odiereke:
u stole my word. hahaha
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by kn23h(m): 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
They're hungry people - Nigeria needs to give them Biafra so they can develop Biafra like Yorubas developed Ibadan

Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
C their mouth like C A R
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by 234GT(m): 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Buhari no get your time abeg
If you really wanna make a deaf person angry, just put a leaf in your mouth. Na serious gob.e be that
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
They want car mean while people who are orally ok don't have SMH
Re: Deaf And Dump People Protest In Imo, Say They're Treated Badly,Demand Car [pics] by BrightEye(m): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
That would be a 'silent protest'. I admire mute people so much, and I read some of their articles on quora, very interesting.

BTW, I remember my encounter with a mute man some months ago. Actually, the mute man happened to be the motorcycle (okada) man that carried me without my knowledge of knowing him as mute. It was until he followed one-way (due to heavy traffic in Lagos. u no na!) that I knew him as mute, when he was trying to call the attention of a pedestrian crossing the road without looking both ways. Can you imaging, his bike had no horn! That day was the last time I had a wholehearted prayer for a safe journey. Thank you!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 86th Posthumous Birthday / Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities / 10 Kidnapped Nasarawa Police Officers Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.