Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Ill Rufai - On Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ill Rufai - On Restructuring (290 Views)

President Buhari, Ganduje, Amaechi And El-Rufai On A Train In Kaduna (Photos) / Before Vs Now: El-rufai On Restructuring Of Nigeria / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ill Rufai - On Restructuring by project2018: 11:42am On Jul 25, 2017
PDP chairman, Makarfi blasts El-Rufai for changing his mind over restructuringBy Ifreke Inyang on July 25, 2017@dailypostngr

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has ridiculed Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, for changing his mind over the restructuring of Nigeria.

El-Rufai had initially made it clear he did not believe in the idea, before he was appointed as the chairman of the committee set up by the All Progressives Congress (APC) on restructuring.

In an interview with Daily Trust, Makarfi gave his opinion on the committee.

He said: “Well, I can’t be sure because it is a party, it is not a government. APC cannot set up a committee for restructuring the country. They can set up a committee on restructuring their party.

Quit notice: Nnamdi Kanu tells Igbos in North what to do before October 1

“You see, that’s why I said APC is in confusion. If it is about the nation, I respect the acting President, Osinbajo. If it is about the nation; I expect, we should expect the acting president to do it.

“The national chairman and the governor (El-Rufai) who is my younger brother with due respect, were on Channels TV saying that they didn’t believe in restructuring of the country. You don’t believe in restructuring the country, and you now form a committee… Please give me a break, what are they talking about?”

(1) (Reply)

Senators Out To Wreck Corruption Struggle: Abubakar Umar / President Buhari's Speech / President Buhari Writes National Assembly On Resumption Of Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.