Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,521 members, 7,865,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. (604 Views)

Buhari/Osinbajo’s Whereabouts: Arewa Youths Call For Femi Adesina’s Resignation / Dino Melaye:10 Cars owned by former senator Dino Melaye /Prices, Picture an Vid / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by eodavids(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
The happenings in our present day Nigeria requires that our young men be called to order. But much of this have not been seen yet.

Of all the maladies confronting Nigeria today, only the hunger in the land occasioned by recession can rank above the this youths restiveness being championed by Ipob and Arewa youths.

WHAT IPOB HAS DONE:
Ipob is one of the pressure groups aiming to establish and erstwhile country, which was no more than a child of necessity because of a fall out among the then military high ranks.

Through the actions of Nnamdi Kanu, Ipob constituted itself into an opposition to the Nigerian state. This has resulted into a situation where every Nigerian, (Igbos inclusive) whose thought is aligned with Nigeria feels worried by the agitation by Ipob.

This worry talked about here is very much evident in Northern Nigeria, as both young and old, elites and commoners are alike disturbed by the fact that Ipob continues to agitate for Biafra.

WHAT AREWA YOUTHS HAS DONE:
The worry referred to above has given birth to bitterness against all persons called IGBO residing in Northern Nigeria.

Some young men of Northern Nigeria have now organised themselves into what can safely be termed the NORTHERN VERSION OF AGITATORS.

The basis if the agitation by Northern youths is still Biafra. These Arewa youths has, from a bitter motive decided to bring the future closer to the Ipob by helping them achieve Biafra.

The bitterness shrouding the actions of the Northern youths has led them to issue a "quit notice" to Ndigbo in the Northern part of Nigeria and have made plans to seize the belongings of all the Igbos in the 19 Northern States of Nigeria.

THE BIGGER PICTURE:
The bigger picture which I would want both Ipob and Arewa youths to look at is the fact that a Northern Nigeria without Igbos and a Biafra without Northerners is both undesirable and unachievable.

The undesirable picture I am painting is based on the fact that no country is an island and if Arewa land confiscates properties of Ndigbo in their land for any reason; they would have shot themselves in the leg, as no reasonable individual, company or country will establish something tangible in Arewa land forever.
This is because history will be unfair to them, reading: "THEY WILL CONFISCATE THE BELONGING WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE..."

On the other hand, Biafra proponents should look at this bigger picture and heed caution. Nigeria cannot be pressurized to let go an important part of its existence.

Igbos are not insignificant in Nigeria, thus how can the Nigerian State for any reason let go, a major root of its Nationhood. The resultant effect of letting Biafra secede from Nigeria is unimaginable, therefore no sitting President, no Governor, no legislative house would want to even contemplate such, let alone key into it.

FINAL WORDS:
IF NIGERIA SHOULD DISINTEGRATE, IGBOS WILL SECURE VISA TO COME TRADE IN AREWA LAND AND VISES VERSA.

BUT, THANK GOD THIS EXTREME POSITION IS BOTH UNDESIRABLE AND UNACHIEVABLE.

By Emmanuel Davids.
Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by eodavids(m): 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44, et'al come push this topic please.thanks
Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by HeOrShe: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nice picture u have painted.

But, firstly, Biafra is not a result of military standoff of the military govt era. Biafra is our origin, our root and our hope.

There has Neva been any country that exists on its own and has it all including world powerful countries like US, Russia, China, and I dont think Biafra would be an exception.

U would agree with me that there is no country in dis world u will not see a biafra origin. so if they can secure visa to those countries far and near I don't think Nigeria visa would be a big deal.

Rightly u have said Nigeria can not let go of that major root of nationhood but the root has been marginalized despite d fact it holds the burden of the branches.

However u are right to say that there is no sitting govt official that would want to talk about biafra but I must tell u it is out greedy of loosing out of their present portfolio and not they don't know that it is right to let Biafra go.

In biafra I believe.

2 Likes

Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by eodavids(m): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
HeOrShe:
Nice picture u have painted.

But, firstly, Biafra is not a result of military standoff of the military govt era. Biafra is our origin, our root and our hope.

There has Neva been any country that exists on its on and has it on including world powerful countries like US, Russia, China, and I dont think Biafra would be an exception.

Rightly u have said Nigeria can not let go of that major root of nationhood but the root has been marginalized despite d fact it holds the burden of the branches.

However u are right to say that there is no sitting govt official that would want to talk about biafra but I must tell u it is out greedy of loosing out of their present portfolio and not they don't know that it is right to let Biafra go.

In biafra I believe.

I admire your wisdom.
However, I am one of the Igbos who wishes that all Ndigbo be safe from unnecessary danger in Nigeria.

How can we make sure no Ibgo life is lost if Kanu's Ipob continues to agitate carelessly?
Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by HeOrShe: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
eodavids:

I admire your wisdom.
However, I am one of the Igbos who wishes that all Ndigbo be safe from unnecessary danger in Nigeria.

How can we make sure no Ibgo life is lost if Kanu's Ipob continues to agitate carelessly?

Igbos are safe.. Is a struggle for the wise. but to be safest let us be on our own and stop getting different traits for sharing a country we were selfishly brought togeda called Nigeria.
Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by honourhim: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
HeOrShe:

Igbos are safe.. Is a struggle for the wise. but to be safest let us be on our own and stop getting different traits for sharing a country we were selfishly brought togeda called Nigeria.

I keep saying it that Igbos are not good administrators. There is no way that Biafra will be better than Nigeria. What have our governors done to improve igbo land over the years? All the successes recorded so far is through self help.

I am not in support of Biafra. A United southern Nigeria is better for me. Yorubas may have their bad side but they are more gifted with administrative skills. Igbo administrators are rather too dictatorial and very undiplomatic due to the republican nature of the average Igbo man.
Biafra will be a country of confusion because of lack of diplomacy in the average Igbo man. Everybody will be struggling to have his way. Pride and stubborness will be here and there.. Such a country will be conclave of chaos.
Re: Come Look At The Bigger Picture: An Advice To Ipob & Arewa Youths. by Kazim88: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
eodavids:

WHAT AREWA YOUTHS HAS DONE:
The worry referred to above has given birth to bitterness against all persons called IGBO residing in Northern Nigeria.

Either you lack history, sense of justice or you are being mischievous.

The North have been massacring the southern tribe since 1945... 1958 , the pogrom in 1966.

the Miss World riot
1989 Rushdie massacre
Denmark cartoon massacre
and many more

WAS IT IPOB THAT GAVE BIRTH TO THAT ONE ALSO.

how about you help yourself and search
"biafra genocide " in google or YouTube

The North have always been bitter... very envious. Their aim was to exterminate a whole tribe... men, women and children during that war.

after the war they keep taunting the people of current day SE/SS with the war... still openly oppressing them...

Curse on every body that says one Nigeria.

Don't be deceived the North don't want the Igbo in their Domain.... They have been open about it from time memorial....
Any Igbo man that had built anything in the North lack knowledge of his own history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZeELnOiHAw

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Visit: You Have No Hope - FFK Fires Buhari / Jewish Scientists Arrive Anambra, DNA Proof That Igbos Are Israelites / IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu, Likens Biafra To The Kingdom Of Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.