Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,895 members, 7,956,372 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) (30770 Views)

For Sale A Plot Of Land At Tokunbo Street, Alagomeji Yaba, With C Of O. #30m Ne / Policeman Dies As Burning Building Collapses In Lagos / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by 0b10010011: 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2017
ayandarenoni:
bros, it seems u live in cage, if not, u won't say that

If u know that area, you will apologize to me

Lets leave it there!
Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by 0b10010011: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
Brunicekid:
But why naa?
Why do you have to be talking like this?
We are talking of people's lives in jeopardy
...Don't you get it?

Do you that area?
If u do, you will agree with me!
Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
Chiaka:
Sorry but he is been truthful most of those buildings are old and if nothing is done more will collapse. Buildings are not suppose to last forever, some of those buildings are 50 years and above and who know the type of foundation they had.

there are buildings standing after a thousand years. There is a building in my current town that has been standing for 200 years. The problem with Nigeria is the lack of standards. There is no oversight, no approval of plans, no building codes, no law and order. The place is a mess.

1 Like

Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by ERO32: 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
vizkiz:

This is Nigeria where you have thousands of houses over 50 years old.

A country where an average man can't feed 3 times daily... You want that Same man to restructure a building worth millions? I guess we are all go'n die in collapsed buildings.
That is why we are calling for sepration, the system is not working.... If you want it to work support Biafra
Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by OnowuOra(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
PrecisionFx:

The foundation is the problem...

The foundation is find where bro..... ?
Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lagos island and its over structures that are like body hug...
i hope there arent lots of casualties
Re: A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) by mikeapollo: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2017
The Lagos State Govt. should tell us if the building has permit or not. They always claim that lack of permit is the cause of building collapse so they should tell us whether this was approved by them or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Now Selling! Lekki Court @ N15m per plot (pics attached) / How Much To Plaster This Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.