Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626597 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by yaronjos(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tenniebae:
Why do i av dis feeling that he aint gonn complete this story or he dosnt know wuh to write again...souloho, prove me wrong by updating tonight..
WARNING...nobody shud mention me oo..im nt feeling fine
Lol...souloho19 has suddenly become like all dis musicians...once accepted and famous, they hold shows and let d audience do d singing...so guys u might aswell complete the story.....well whatever is making updates slow, pray it's fine tho..
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
yaronjos:

Lol...souloho19 has suddenly become like all dis musicians...once accepted and famous, they hold shows and let d audience do d singing...so guys u might aswell complete the story.....well whatever is making updates slow, pray it's fine tho..
Danwa yayane?

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by yaronjos(m): 5:06am On Oct 09, 2017
meneski:
Danwa yayane?
Sai godiya..waye Nawa ne..
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
Lol

souloho19:

Note:
Updates would be as the spirit leads, If I don’t update once atleast in 48 hours pls its not my fault, something must be up.

I finish what I start I just need your patience..I can't update everyday like before cause I'm not in my house most times I can't help it.
Patience please..the story is winding down.
Gracias

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
Amara felt love swell inside her as Nkiru led her to the room Osi was.
"He's recovering very swiftly...indeed he's a strong man" Nkiru observed as she parted the curtain and ushered Amara and Jelemba inside.
"Its not by his might...he serves a merciful and powerful God" Amara muttered in an almost inaudible voice.
Osi was fast asleep. He wore the hospital gown and Amara could see his chest was bandaged. She was also very grateful to see the steady rise and fall of his chest. Osi was breathing.
She and young Jelemba stood watching him in silence and Nkiru studied the both of them. She could see love, respect and dedication on both faces and she thought to herself that the tall man on the bed must be a special person indeed.
"Please do not wake him, he needs to rest...I have to go and attend to someone"
Amara didn't reply she was busy staring at Osi.
"Amara!"
Nkiru finally drew her attention.
"Normally I'm not supposed to leave you with him but because its you...so please try not to disturb him"
"I can't don't worry..seeing him is enough"
"Hmmn..you must really love him" Nkiru commented as she headed for the door.
Amara at first wanted to offer a protest but she let it go. Deep in her heart she knew her friend was right: she loved Osi.

Jelemba took a step closer to the bed and she was reminded of the little boy's presence. She sat on a little bed adjacent Osi's and patted the space next to her inviting him to sit.
"Jelemba...what is it you wanted to see pastor Osi for?" The boy looked at Osi a second longer, his actions not indicating he had heard her but finally after some seconds he moved slowly to the bed and settled beside her.
She waited for him to speak but when he remained mute she prodded him "Jelemba talk to me...I'm your friend, something is bothering you, what is it?"
The boy took a deep breath.
"When I was working with the dibia, we were called to consult the gods and expose the killer behind the crimes"
"Yes..the dibia said it was Okudili I can remember clearly...poor man"
"But aunty the thing was planned it was all a setup to make every one think Okudili was the killer"
Amara frowned "I don't understand, what do you mean by it was a setup?"
Before Jelemba could reply, the curtain was parted open again and nurse Nkiru came in but this time she was followed by two men.

She recognised the first man immediately, he was slim and she knew at once he was Gregory, Osi's friend and assistant youth pastor! The second man however was a stranger. He was an elderly man with patches of grey hair at his sides but he had a very powerful aura about him and his movements were very sharp and sure. At once she knew he had to be Osi's pastor. He was very fond of the man and had told her a lot about him.
Instinctively she got to her feet and greeted them "Good morning sir, morning pastor Greg...its so nice to see you again"
"Likewise" Gregory replied with a smile looking at her first then Jelemba but his smile disappeared when he caught sight of Osi on the bed.

The elderly man whom she had deduced correctly was Reverend Okorie didn't smile. He nodded absentmindedly in her direction as his eyes were immediately fastened on Osi.
He hurried to his youth pastor in short but powerful strides and stared at Osi's chest intently. When he was satisfied that Osi was indeed breathing he looked up at the nurse with concern written all over his face.
"You say he was stabbed"
"Yes last night, but he's recovering swiftly...its a miracle" Nkiru replied.
"Who stabbed him?" The reverend asked with a hard edge in his voice.
Nkiru hesitated and Amara replied him "it was Bartholomew sir...pastor Batholomew"
No word could describe the expression on Reverend Okorie and Gregory's faces the minute the words left her mouth. Shock was indeed a heavy understatement. The Reverend was the first to speak. He blinked several times in disbelief.
"Pastor Bartholomew? The very same pastor who reached out to me and requested that we honour his invitation for the crusade?"
"Yes sir. It is still very hard to swallow"
"Where is he now?" Gregory found his voice. Amara hesitated for a second "he's still at large"
"Jesus Christ" the Reverend muttered to himself.
"Reverend how did you meet this pastor?" Gregory asked him.
The reverend thought back. The news had really disorganised his thoughts to say the least he was shocked. He needed to sit down but he remained standing.
"I met him two years ago at a minister's workshop service in Lagos..he was my partner most of the time and very friendly..I took a liking to him immediately and we kept in touch.. I can't believe he's a serial rapist and serial killer"

There was silence as everyone seemed to digest the information. Even Jelemba and nurse Nkiru were unmoving as they stared at the Reverend.
Reverend Okorie suddenly flinched as a painful look flickered in his eyes.
Amara noticed his expression and asked worriedly "sir..pas-..Reverend what's wrong?"
"My God he was responsible for it" he said in almost a whisper.
"Responsible for what sir?" Amara asked again.
"During the four day program, one of the female ministers was brutally murdered and raped in the car lot during a Virgil service. It caused the meeting to end prematurely instead of a week. The general belief then was that the crime was carried out by a group of hooligans because the Church was located in a rough part of Lagos and the police made an arrest few days later but to think that all this while the culprit was..." His voice trailed off and he shook his head sadly. This time he couldn't withstand the urge and sat on the edge of the bed, close to Osi's feet.

°•°•°•°•

He was just thirteen years old when he stumbled on his father with a woman. His mother had been late three years earlier a day after his 10th birthday and his father never remarried.
That fateful day he had gone to the farm to harvest the cassava which was due. He quickly decided he would need a larger basket or at most another one.
So he hurried home unaware that his life was about to be changed forever.
He tiptoed round the house not willing to make noise and wake his father whom he thought was still sleeping. For some unknown reason, he found himself opening the curtain to his father's room. He wasn't prepared for what he saw. His father was butt nakèd with his trouser around his ankles. He was on top of a woman.
The woman looked familiar to Osi but he couldn't place her face. He stood still watching for some seconds and he saw the woman's hands were tied to the bed post and her legs were spread apart and tied to the foot of the bed. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying and her fair skin showed signs of bruises most likely as a result of slaps.

Maybe he gasped out in suprise or maybe his father felt his presence because his father turned and saw him.
"Are you not going to the farm again?"
"Yes...yes...yes sir...papa what's happening?"
"Come here boy" his father ordered him and he approached with uncertain movements. His father got down and pointed to the woman.
"Bartho climb this woman now" his father ordered him harshly. He obeyed and hurriedly took of his clothes. He caressed the woman and was shocked to see he was immediately hard.
"Take of your shirt boy...she's all yours we'll dispose her later today" his father encouraged him.
Bartholomew had never seen a woman's body talk less of touching one and this fair woman was very beautiful. He hurriedly took off his shirt.
His father smiled "you are indeed the bone of my bone. Remember this is our secret"
Bartholomew nodded and smiled wickedly, the cassava and basket were forgotten and a devil was born.

°•°•°•°•

The devil took a trip down memory lane as he moved round the house idly. He recalled all the girls he and his father had raped in the house. His father had been a master planner and selected the victims with precision and they were never linked to the others or to them. However He was worried that someone would remember or someone might know Pà Kenneth had two sons and put two and two together.
And the worst part was that he still needed a girl, any girl...he hadn't been successful with Amara the previous night and he really needed to release the built up pressure in him but he couldn't risk stepping outside. He would definitely be lynched on sight. His father had told him that the youths were seriously searching for him. They had even spread to the nearby village in case he had run away from Amaife. So he kept on pacing round, feeling uneasy and plotting his revenge on Amaife....and Osi.

°•°•°•°•
In the market square, the oldest man in Amaife thought hard for a plan. He needed to kill the young boy...he needed to silence him fast.

°•°•°•
Meanwhile in The Clinic, Amara and even Jelemba seemed to have forgotten the discussion they were having before the Reverend and Gregory's arrival.
They all held hands and prayed, offering thanks to God for saving their friend's and pastor's life.

But it wasn't over...not yet..safety was far from sure.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bro thanks for the updates... Take ur time my guy no rush am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
yaronjos:
Sai godiya..waye Nawa ne..
... Nima dan Jos ne.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rchilee: 1:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Jelemba should not die o

Welcome back
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by SNOWBOI360(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
big devil + small devil=hell fire....lol,nice work ma.this work is far frm ending
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by phayth(f): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Thanks for d update.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Damibiz(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
ride on bro
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by kingphilip(m): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
this story still get over 20 pages to go that i'm very sure of

but i'll remain here sha till it is done

nice piece souloho19.. more ororo to your head
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by hormobolanle: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Well WILL KIP OBERSERVING..........
Great piece though
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bossy512(f): 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Wow, nice update, thanks
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Raintaker(m): 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
Great one bro, but as a literature enthusiast I believe you should have ended the story earlier, you let the readers opinions got to you, thereby extending the plot.
I've read a lot of stories that leave the rest of the tales to the writer's imagination after the antagonist has been uncovered.
That's what make an exceptional story.

Once again nice story and skills you've got, you'll go places.

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by herosakin777(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
Raintaker:
Great one bro, but as a literature enthusiast I believe you should have ended the story earlier, you let the readers opinions got to you, thereby extending the plot.
I've read a lot of stories that leave the rest of the tales to the writer's imagination after the antagonist has been uncovered.

how will u say it suppose to have end wen u are not the writer..... souloho19 nice job bro keep it coming more grace to u

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bestie93(m): 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
Thank God senior pastor is around. Revelations loading....
Nice update dude
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Slimberry123(f): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
Raintaker:

As a literature enthusiast, please learn from souloho19. Please let him decide his story. Thank u

4 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Raintaker(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Slimberry123:

As a literature enthusiast, please learn from souloho19. Please let him decide his story. Thank u
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Raintaker(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Slimberry123:

calm down
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Raintaker(m): 7:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
herosakin777:
how will u say it suppose to have end wen u are not the writer..... souloho19 nice job bro keep it coming more grace to u
calm down
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by itsandi(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nice update... Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Creeza(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2017
Am here gaan! Nice update soul. Kip em coming
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by FreshestManny(m): 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Great update. I've been suspecting this pa Kenneth. Phew. Waiting for more. Keep it up though.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lildiamond: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nice
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Jecdope(m): 2:05am On Oct 10, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] dis story is sometin else, i read 4rm beginning 2 dis episode within 24hr

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by hobbyheart(f): 4:28am On Oct 10, 2017
Mr soul may God bless u real good for these wonderful piece I see God taking u places through his gift upon ur life . Ghost mood fully deactivated.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by yemsy13865(f): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2017
nice 1......next plsssss

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by MhizFavour: 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
Awesome story Soul.Keep it rolling
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by subtlemee(f): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
I'll be sad when this story ends because I'll have nothing to look forward to again
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Castleberry: 7:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nice job Soul. Keep it coming! More ink to your pen
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by dammyluv911(f): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=souloho19 post=60128510][/quote]
wow dis is capitivating n full of suspense more ink 2 ur pen.am also serving in ebonyi

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.