Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626795 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by itsandi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
While we wait, enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Slayer2: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
humeeh:
soul ooo biko,ah don't care how u wan do am.Resurrect Osi oo

Babe, you have be sooo quiet lately, what's up? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by larride(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2017
I think the story has ended.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by bossy512(f): 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
The devil is not wearing okirika again

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 17, 2017
Slayer2:

Babe, you have be sooo quiet lately, what's up? undecided
Hyy K... Nothing much.. Just not been myself jae.. How have you been?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Slayer2: 4:32am On Oct 17, 2017
humeeh:
Hyy K... Nothing much.. Just not been myself jae.. How have you been?
. I am fine, why haven't you been yourself lately? What's wrong? embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ayodijex(m): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2017
bossy512:
The devil is not wearing okirika again

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2017
Slayer2:

. I am fine, why haven't you been yourself lately? What's wrong? embarassed
Got so much on my mind buh I'm fine, I go soon come back jae...
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyndy1000(f): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Wao am so speechless your story made me glued 2 my phone, drained my battery, charged n continue reading till now. you are really talented more Mb 2 your phone please update soonest n long one at that. thumb up
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Slayer2: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2017
humeeh:
Got so much on my mind buh I'm fine, I go soon come back jae...

Oya share what's bothering you with me let me see how I can help, wink
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Osedagal(f): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ú Guys are Just complaining in ebonyi state there is no light o
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by donteanz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
it feels like this souloho19 of a guy wants everyone down here to cut some piece of okrika to sew agbada. Nwanne soul, Nna come and answer people heaa now oooo

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by alarmednigerian: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Souloho19, what is happenning now? Anyways waiting for an update o
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by meneski(m): 6:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Anyway as we wait for our dear souloho to come update let me ask you guys a question. Una knw say we don catch Devil Way De Wear Okrika? So now wetin we go call devil papa and wetin him de wear?

As for me him na GrandDevil Way De tie wrapper.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 18, 2017
meneski:
... Have a nice trip as you leave the thread.
Hehehe
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cbella(f): 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
i'm now commenting and just overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!

SUPERB!!!!!!!!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Thousineperry1(f): 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
have been so glued to my phone for two days..... can't wait to read more..... God bless you plenty souloho
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by brohimot(f): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
This guy deserves an award for this story. Captivating,suspense filled and interesting. keep it coming bro

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Chigold121(f): 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
Boss where are thou
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ROYH(m): 12:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Ride on souloho19, you and larrysun are Superb .....
PA kenneth
The pastor
And sofiri are family all along, HMMM.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by sKeetz(m): 11:49am On Oct 19, 2017
The story has lost its spark. Solo should have ended the story when the devil was caught. sad

2 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
my apologies FAM
thanks for sticking with me...would make it up to you.
I know the story has lost its spark I'll just have to douse it in fuel...its coming to an end in the next few updates anyway

4 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
°•°•°•°•
There was a sharp knock on the door and the devil almost jumped out of his skin. When his father had left that morning, he had instructed him to bolt the door and assured him he would knock in a particular pattern.
Now the knock sounded again and Batholomew desperately wished Pa Kenneth had locked the door from outside.
Bartholomew grew worried, he sneaked to the door, careful not to make a sound but he was dismayed to find out the door didn't have any peephole.
The knock sounded again, louder and sharper and finally a voice: "Pa Kenneth...papa...Bartho..Dede are you there?"
Bartholomew gave a sigh of relief and leaned against the door as his pulse returned to normal: it was his younger brother!
"Are you alone?" He finally asked
"Yes please let me in before someone sees me and decides to come visiting"
Bartholomew unlocked the door and carefully stood to the side. Sofiri stumbled in immediately and shut the door.
"Oh brother, the youths suspect me, papa saved me last night they would have killed me. They believe I'm conniving with you as an accomplice."
Bartholomew gritted his teeth in fury "Then you shouldn't have come...its a stupid risk you took, one of them could easily be following you and wonder who opened up for you especially if papa has been seen in the market square this morning!"
He paused to take a deep breath and as if on cue he was interrupted by a knock.

°•°•°•°
Reverend Okorie had been silencing his phone since he arrived at the hospital but whoever was at the other end of the line was very determined. The phone kept ringing and finally he excused himself and answered it.
"Hello....Ovie?....yes....yes he's fine.....no..no no....you and Bukky and Deacon Oforbuike plus evangelist Tomori are in charge tomorrow....the main. Church and the youth church....yes...I'm trusting you...okay, hmmm....(he stroked his jaw thoughtfully) maybe later later this week...yes of course he'll follow us...okay Ovie I'm busy now, you need to make preparations for tomorrow's service anyway" he ended the call.
"Ovie is worried about tomorrow's service?" Gregory guessed correctly.
"Yes but evangelist Tomori is around and the deacon also, the service should go well" the reverend replied in high spirits.
"I won't really count on the deacon" said a barely audible voice from the bed and everybody in the room were immediately on their feet happily talking to Osi and touching him.
Osi felt a strange kind of numbness in his chest region but the blinding pain the knife had inflicted was gone or maybe it just reduced drastically. However he felt lightheaded and had the sensation that his head could fall off if he moved it too much. He also wanted badly to get to his feet and stretch his joints but for now he was stuck horizontally besides he wasn't sure he could stand yet without his knees giving out under him. He noticed Amara sitting on the bed opposite him and his face broke into a wide smile. He was very pleased to see her.
"Amara..." His voice trailed off when he saw the young boy sitting next to her.
"Jelemba...you came to see me"
"Yes pastor, I'm glad you're fine" the young boy replied happily.
Amara remembered something suddenly "I saw Jelemba this morning in the market square he was searching for you, he said he wanted to tell you something"
"Re-really" Osi said. He tried to sit up but he couldn't.
Jelemba looked uncertainly at the faces watching him earnestly.
"Its okay boy, we are your friends" Reverend Okorie assured him.
He nodded earnestly and opened his mouth to speak. "Me and the dibia around last week we were...."
The curtain was parted again and Dé John entered the room accompanied by Pa Kenneth.
"Our hero needs to rest, we shouldn't stress him" Pa Kenneth said hurriedly cutting short Jelemba who had just started speaking freely.
Dé John shook hands with reverend Okorie. His eyes drifted to Jelemba and he turned to Pa Kenneth "this is the young boy? The medium? He looks so much better now...much better that before"
Osi had been watching the young boy eagerly and he noticed how his face seemed to close up when the elders entered the room.
Dr John was speaking "Pa Kenneth has agreed to take the young boy as his ward and look after him. We need to endeavour to give the young lad a normal childhood"
No one said anything for a while but the atmosphere in the room was one of agreement.
The silence stretched for some seconds until Jelemba said in a low voice "No I don't want to go"
"Jelemba what did you say?" Amara asked him in a surprised voice
"I want to go with pastor..I don't want Pa Kenneth"
"What nonsense! Boy you can't just dump that kind of responsibility on his shoulders the pastor has duties back in...."
"Actually sir it won't be a problem" Reverend Okorie interrupted him politely. "It would be a pleasure to take him under our wing, there's nothing I'd like more than to supervise and help his spiritual growth"
Before Pa Kenneth could reply, and he looked like he was about to protest, but nurse Nkiru parted the curtain and walked in cheerfully.
"My! We have a full house...there's our hero, you're up" she observed the IV bag which was almost finished. She turned the knob a little and observed Osi. "I'm sure you'd like to sit up may be even use the toilet...ease your self?"
He nodded gratefully. He was tired of lying down on his back. He gratefully swung his feet to the side as she helped him in a sitting position. He felt blood rush and reach stiff parts of his body.

°•°•°•°
The knock sounded again sharper and impatiently and Batholomew began to shake "Oh God...you were followed, someone followed you here!" the hair at the back of his neck stood on its end. Sofiri's eyes grew wide as he also began to panic. "I'm sure no one followed me here...no one saw me, I was careful he whispered furiously although he sounded like he was trying to convince himself.
The knock sounded again, sharp and impatient.
"Quick hide somewhere....I have to see who is at the door!"
He waited till Bartholomew ran into one of the rooms before he walked briskly to the door and opened it half expecting to see the butcher and a dozen youths at the other end but it was Dé Nwachukwu.
"What took you so long? Why did you waste time?" He asked furiously. His eyes narrowed suddenly "wait..what are you doing here?!"
Pa Kenneth brought me to his place early this morning, the youths were behaving extremely violent towards me and he concluded this was the safest place for me right now. My wife too....oh God!" He let his voice break. Sofiri was a very good actor and he played a scared and helpless character perfectly.
Dé Nwachukwu looked at him blankly and simply said "Hmmmm" he took a step inside forcing Sofiri backwards "so where is the elder now?"
"Errm...he left early this morning" Sofiri replied.
Dr Nwachukwu strolled into the living room, his eyes idly scanning everywhere as he moved about.
"You mean he left you alone in his house?" He paused and looked directly at Sofiri with unreadable eyes.
Sofiri's heart bounced about his chest and he looked away, unable to maintain eye contact. "Yes sir, he said I'd be safe in his house for now and I totally agree.. Sir the youths really want to harm me especially the butcher"
"Hmmm....I can't blame them, your brother is a devil, he almost harmed my daughter last night" as he spoke he moved round the small apartment, his eyes roaming around.
Sofiri held his breath when Dé Nwachukwu opened one of the room doors and peered inside.
Dé Nwachukwu looked at him and his expression was unreadable.
"you know what I find strange...Pa Kenneth was always conscious about his security...his home especially, I find it strange that he'd leave you just like that in his place..."
As he spoke he moved to the other door.
He stopped with his hand on the door knob
"Come to think of it..." He frowned "Pa Kenneth.. .no it can't be"
Sofiri was watching the door with wide eyes but he suddenly seemed to focus on what the elder was saying.
Dé Nwachukwu was staring at him as if he was just seeing him for the first time. Sofiri was suddenly scared he knew what was coming.
"Sofiri...you're his son aren't you...Pa Kenneth once had boys with a woman from another village...only few people know about it..we were made to believe she took the boys back to the North but...." He removed his hand from the door knob and scratched his jaw deep in thought.
"The strange thing is you and the pastor would fit the age perfectly"
The minute the words were out of his mouth the door opened behind him and someone grabbed him with much force from behind.

°•°•°•°•
Back in the clinic, Osi frowned at Pa Kenneth's feet. He remembered the picture he had taken in his phone and studied the little feet belonging to the elder, running the size similarity in his mind.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by WHOcarex: 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hmmm. De Nwanchucku is in trouble. Menh, this is getting hot. Just when I thought its over
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Castleberry: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks for the update soul. De Nwachukwu shouldn't have gone there alone na embarassed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by KpagoGIN(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
De Nwanchukwu can not fit Die at this stage..
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Creeza(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
Cool
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by marvwhite: 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
mehn! This story na BLAST

see twist and turns,events no one would ever have guessed
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
So dis De nwanchukwu of a man just die lik dat
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Damibiz(m): 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
After two years of waiting....my oga at the top is back...Devil devil u re a monkey
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lildiamond: 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
My bp has rise pls souloho pls release another one let it come down

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.