Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (627637 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by go4success(f): 3:55am On Nov 04, 2017
Fixed.
ANTONINEUTRON:
Ahhhh Why U Quote Evritin Na??
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by heemah(f): 6:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Osheeeee!! Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner grin grin... This suspense tho cry cry
Good to have u back Souloho19.. expecting more....
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Mobecs(f): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2017
go4success:
No vex dear. I've fixed that.
Thanks.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by KingZero: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
Awesome work you have here, well put together and the suspense is just right. Keep writing, the effort you put into this is worth it.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by emmyN(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2017
Soulo19 who the hell are you? Argh, I'm mystified. Can't even place words to describe this blockbuster episode. Thumbs up bro
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Adisaowalla: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2017
Please I need download links to the following classic books (electronic copy).

1.Tell Freedom (by Peter Abraham)

2.The passport of Malam illia (Cyprian Ekwensi)

3. Palmwine Drinkard (Amos Tutuola)

4. Nobody's Child

Kindly send to dademola24@gmail.com

Sorry for derailing the thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lordpeckxy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
sorry dat I have nt bin commenting...I want to start giving u my comments . nice writing . awesome display of suspense . thank u 4 giving our readers a detective mind . your work is too on point . it will make a good movie . or seasonal film go mek sence pass . me go b bartlomew � . following u bumber to bumber . give bartlomew new amaife koboko � . no let dem catch am . oya oga kum nd update.
....... . . . .b4 . . . I .. . . . . . .
. . .no vex .kum update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
Joy feared she was going to be strangled to death.
She couldn't even afford to choke, Bartholomew's large hands didn't give her the chance to.
He covered her throat and squeezed and squeezed, shouting incoherent words filled with hate and anger until she felt her eyes would pop out.

Suddenly Bartholomew released her, his crushing weight was lifted from her body and it took some seconds as her eyes began to adjust and she coughed like her lungs could pop out.

Stevenson hefted Bartholomew up. Lifted him high, above his head like a wrestler and with ease flung the devil across the room on the opposite wall.
Bartholomew howled as he struck the wall.
He blinked as surprise seemed to take over the rage but it was only for a second.
The knife had struck the wall when he slapped it earlier and it lay few inches away from his head. He picked it up and lunged at the European.

Stevenson also didn't look like he was himself and swung widely at Bartholomew and missed.
Bartholomew sunk the blade, aiming for Stevenson's chest but missing and striking the man's shoulder instead.

Joy scurried away, her survival tactics kicking in. She needed to get our of harm's way. Fast!
She had a feeling she wasn't safe in any of the men's presence. For one they both looked crazy and wild.

She hurried out of the room, kneeling by her father's side and trying to nudge him awake as tears streamed down her cheeks.
"Papa.. Dé please wake up"

°•°•
Stevenson glanced down at the knife which was buried to the hilt in his shoulder. He looked up at Bartholomew with a crazy smile on his lips.
He grabbed the man by his collar and pulled him towards him with force, at the same time using his head to strike Bartholomew as the man stumbled forward.
A crunching sound which had to be Bartholomew's nose breaking rung out in the surprisingly still room.

Bartholomew stumbled backwards due to the impact but Stevenson didn't let him fall, he pulled him back towards him and slammed his large white head into Bartholomew's face. Again and again, shouting as he did so:
"My wife...my wife is not a LovePeddler..! You can't kill her...you can't..you can't have her!!!"

°•°•°•
Joy felt her father stir and gave a sigh of relief.
"Papa...papa...get up we need to leave here" she shook her father frantically, urging him to wake up.
His eyes fluttered "aarrgh..." He touched his throat tenderly. It was red. He had almost been strangled to death and it stung him deeply.
Joy refused to contemplate the burning pain she was also going through. Each word felt like she was forcing a basketball down her throat but she had to speak.
"Dé..please get-"
The door suddenly crashed open, interrupting her as the lock was broken from the angry and determined force exhibited by the youths of Amaife.

Benedict rushed into the house followed by the youths who were in turn accompanied by their war chants.
"Ja ja kere..kere..o..Kere o...ja ja kere!!!"

Benedict swung his rage filled eyes across the sitting room and his eyes rested on Dé Nwachukwu.
"Dé...what...where...?" He stammered
"He's in there" Joy replied pointing towards the room Bartholomew and Stevenson were locked in battle.

Benedict rushed into the room followed by a handful of youths.

°•°•°•
"Ouch...ouch...he bit my ear off..he bit my ear.." Gregory shouted in pain as Reverend Okorie and Dé John wrestled Pa Kenneth from him.
"Elder at this point I believe you are guilty as charged! Shame on you sir!" Dé john shouted at his friend.
Gregory's ear was still intact but it was bleeding profusely.
"Bleep you idioot!" PA Kenneth replied. He sounded angry and didn't seem to care to insist on his innocence anymore.
"You're very lucky your daughter went to school in the west if not I would have sodomised her..foolish man!"
Dé john's jaw hung open. He was stunned.

Reverend Okorie had been observing the banter between the old men and when Dé John seemed incapable to come up with a suitable retort but continued to look at the older man with his eyes wide and mouth open, the Reverend took charge. "Okay..that's enough...Dé please let's continue with where we are going"
"Yes please...do let's" Pa Kenneth replied waving cheerfully at the surprised passersby who stood staring at the group of men, probably wondering why their honourable elder was involved in a tussle with the young man.
Pa Kenneth led the way with a sly smile on his lips that immediately got Reverend Okorie worried.
He looked at Gregory whose shirt collar had been stained with his blood. And thought what a bloody day it was.
The worst thing was he had a feeling the bloodshed wasn't over.

°•°•°•°•
When the butcher stormed into the room, Stevenson had already caused enough damage to Bartholomew.
The man's face was unrecognizable and the European continued striking with his head.
"Its okay...its okay" Benedict ordered.
Stevenson didn't reply.
"Heey! I said its enough...we're taking him to the market square!"
Two young men held Stevenson and refrained him, causing Bartholomew to fall lifelessly to the floor.
Stevenson at first tried to fight the men.
"Where's my wife!" He demanded
"What...who is your wife?" Benedict asked wondering why the man looked so crazed.
Slowly Stevenson seemed to regain himself and he blinked and shook his head.

But Benedict's attention had been shifted to Bartholomew.
"Youths of Amaife! The man who has terrorized and killed our women...here he is! We are going to drag him round the village and to the market square...he would be executed like the dog he is!"
"Yeeeeeee!!" The men chorused their agreement.

One of them ripped the curtain and it was tied to Bartholomew's legs. The man was naked with only a ripped and blood stained singlet on his body and if any of the men noticed his manhood was missing, they didn't say a word.
The youths continued their chanting as they left the house, dragging the semi conscious Bartholomew behind.

°•°•°•°•°
Paul was just stirring awake when Amara and Oluchi got to the house.
Oluchi hurried to her brother's side worriedly "big brother...brother...Paul...oh my God are you okay?"
"Yes..I'm fine..please check on Sofiri...he saved me"
Oluchi hurried to Bartholomew's younger brother and felt for his pulse.
She got none.
"I think...I think he's dead" she announced.
"What..." Amara was shocked.
She looked up from where she sat and shook her head sadly.
She desperately wished it wasn't true.
How sad it would be, if in a fit of rage, Bartholomew murdered his own brother.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nickibeauty(f): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
Wow thanks for the update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by tillaman(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nice one bro
souloho19:
Joy feared she was going to be strangled to death.
She couldn't even afford to choke, Bartholomew's large hands didn't give her the chance to.
He covered her throat and squeezed and squeezed, shouting incoherent words filled with hate and anger until she felt her eyes would pop out.

Suddenly Bartholomew released her, his crushing weight was lifted from her body and it took some seconds as her eyes began to adjust and she coughed like her lungs could pop out.

Stevenson hefted Bartholomew up. Lifted him high, above his head like a wrestler and with ease flung the devil across the room on the opposite wall.
Bartholomew howled as he struck the wall.
He blinked as surprise seemed to take over the rage but it was only for a second.
The knife had struck the wall when he slapped it earlier and it lay few inches away from his head. He picked it up and lunged at the European.

Stevenson also didn't look like he was himself and swung widely at Bartholomew and missed.
Bartholomew sunk the blade, aiming for Stevenson's chest but missing and striking the man's shoulder instead.

Joy scurried away, her survival tactics kicking in. She needed to get our of harm's way. Fast!
She had a feeling she wasn't safe in any of the men's presence. For one they both looked crazy and wild.

She hurried out of the room, kneeling by her father's side and trying to nudge him awake as tears streamed down her cheeks.
"Papa.. Dé please wake up"

°•°•
Stevenson glanced down at the knife which was buried to the hilt in his shoulder. He looked up at Bartholomew with a crazy smile on his lips.
He grabbed the man by his collar and pulled him towards him with force, at the same time using his head to strike Bartholomew as the man stumbled forward.
A crunching sound which had to be Bartholomew's nose breaking rung out in the surprisingly still room.

Bartholomew stumbled backwards due to the impact but Stevenson didn't let him fall, he pulled him back towards him and slammed his large white head into Bartholomew's face. Again and again, shouting as he did so:
"My wife...my wife is not a LovePeddler..! You can't kill her...you can't..you can't have her!!!"

°•°•°•
Joy felt her father stir and gave a sigh of relief.
"Papa...papa...get up we need to leave here" she shook her father frantically, urging him to wake up.
His eyes fluttered "aarrgh..." He touched his throat tenderly. It was red. He had almost been strangled to death and it stung him deeply.
Joy refused to contemplate the burning pain she was also going through. Each word felt like she was forcing a basketball down her throat but she had to speak.
"Dé..please get-"
The door suddenly crashed open, interrupting her as the lock was broken from the angry and determined force exhibited by the youths of Amaife.

Benedict rushed into the house followed by the youths who were in turn accompanied by their war chants.
"Ja ja kere..kere..o..Kere o...ja ja kere!!!"

Benedict swung his rage filled eyes across the sitting room and his eyes rested on Dé Nwachukwu.
"Dé...what...where...?" He stammered
"He's in there" Joy replied pointing towards the room Bartholomew and Stevenson were locked in battle.

Benedict rushed into the room followed by a handful of youths.

°•°•°•
"Ouch...ouch...he bit my ear off..he bit my ear.." Gregory shouted in pain as Reverend Okorie and Dé John wrestled Pa Kenneth from him.
"Elder at this point I believe you are guilty as charged! Shame on you sir!" Dé john shouted at his friend.
Gregory's ear was still intact but it was bleeding profusely.
"Bleep you idioot!" PA Kenneth replied. He sounded angry and didn't seem to care to insist on his innocence anymore.
"You're very lucky your daughter went to school in the west if not I would have sodomised her..foolish man!"
Dé john's jaw hung open. He was stunned.

Reverend Okorie had been observing the banter between the old men and when Dé John seemed incapable to come up with a suitable retort but continued to look at the older man with his eyes wide and mouth open, the Reverend took charge. "Okay..that's enough...Dé please let's continue with where we are going"
"Yes please...do let's" Pa Kenneth replied waving cheerfully at the surprised passersby who stood staring at the group of men, probably wondering why their honourable elder was involved in a tussle with the young man.
Pa Kenneth led the way with a sly smile on his lips that immediately got Reverend Okorie worried.
He looked at Gregory whose shirt collar had been stained with his blood. And thought what a bloody day it was.
The worst thing was he had a feeling the bloodshed wasn't over.

°•°•°•°•
When the butcher stormed into the room, Stevenson had already caused enough damage to Bartholomew.
The man's face was unrecognizable and the European continued striking with his head.
"Its okay...its okay" Benedict ordered.
Stevenson didn't reply.
"Heey! I said its enough...we're taking him to the market square!"
Two young men held Stevenson and refrained him, causing Bartholomew to fall lifelessly to the floor.
Stevenson at first tried to fight the men.
"Where's my wife!" He demanded
"What...who is your wife?" Benedict asked wondering why the man looked so crazed.
Slowly Stevenson seemed to regain himself and he blinked and shook his head.

But Benedict's attention had been shifted to Bartholomew.
"Youths of Amaife! The man who has terrorized and killed our women...here he is! We are going to drag him round the village and to the market square...he would be executed like the dog he is!"
"Yeeeeeee!!" The men chorused their agreement.

One of them ripped the curtain and it was tied to Bartholomew's legs. The man was naked with only a ripped and blood stained singlet on his body and if any of the men noticed his manhood was missing, they didn't say a word.
The youths continued their chanting as they left the house, dragging the semi conscious Bartholomew behind.

°•°•°•°•°
Paul was just stirring awake when Amara and Oluchi got to the house.
Oluchi hurried to her brother's side worriedly "big brother...brother...Paul...oh my God are you okay?"
"Yes..I'm fine..please check on Sofiri...he saved me"
Oluchi hurried to Bartholomew's younger brother and felt for his pulse.
She got none.
"I think...I think he's dead" she announced.
"What..." Amara was shocked.
She looked up from where she sat and shook her head sadly.
She desperately wished it wasn't true.
How sad it would be, if in a fit of rage, Bartholomew murdered his own brother.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lildiamond: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lovely story oo
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by chiexcel: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thanks sooo much for the update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by phayth(f): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Gracias Souloho!
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by HORLADSTAR(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Souloho19 baba, I dey feel u bro'CONTINUE'
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by dview001(m): 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
souloho d Einstein of our time
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Twinkle004(f): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
There is no evil that stand forever. Bartholomew deserve to die more painful way than a dog's death with his useless father

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
tillaman:
Nice one bro
No! Dats Nt Good(a sacrilege)
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Amanda24(f): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Barth has finally met his waterloo,stupid man,souloho thanks for the update.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Jsaviour(f): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nice one. but I wonder how a man whose penis was cut off still have that kind of strength, didn't he lose blood?
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by centitan(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2017
thanks for the update,boss souloho19 . really captivating,at least the suspense don die down.
For Bartholomew, justice must be served no matter the party involve,including pa Kenneth.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Ephhay(f): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jsaviour:
Nice one. but I wonder how a man whose penis was cut off still have that kind of strength, didn't he lose blood?
Devils don't die easily.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by patjane(f): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thanks for the update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by elvisojugo: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Ephhay:
Devils don't die easily.

u can say that again!! undecided

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rosalieene(f): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
thanks solo
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Qasaforlife(f): 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
The heart of men is desperately wicked. Chai generation of rapists(father and son).They so covered their evil deeds but good always win over evil. Thanks for keeping it rolling @ op
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by TeekayCarter: 2:31am On Nov 06, 2017
Ephhay:
Devils don't die easily.
Ephhay !!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Chinachriss(m): 7:06am On Nov 06, 2017
Oh! Chineke! Thank you ooooo. Dede Souloho. jide nke iji nna m. This story is just dope.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Ephhay(f): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2017
TeekayCarter:

Ephhay !!! cheesy
ehn
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Pinkfeet: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2017
you are a genus with dis ur story line
omo i doff my hat for u oo
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Hantonia(f): 10:48am On Nov 06, 2017
Finaly Bath End Has Cum
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
oh Jesus! what a story? am astonished
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Sexyolori(f): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
Must u quote the full update to appreciate Souloho? Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.