Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Devil Wears Okrika - Literature (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Okrika (626524 Views)

The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen / The Devil In The Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Biggysmolz: 12:30am On Nov 09, 2017
All going to die ke! Dat man is crazy to d core......wehdone sir
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Emperortj93(m): 6:33am On Nov 09, 2017
pa Kenneth threat should not be taking lightly
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Hantonia(f): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2017
Ewo Kasala Wan Sele Tanks 4 D Update More Grace 2 Ur Elbow
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyndy1000(f): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2017
No peace for the wicked he won't succeed he has done more than enough already.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ladybandie: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2017
Nice update souloho
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Thousineperry1(f): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2017
God bless you for the update.....
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by oluwaemmanuel: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2017
solouho.. it has do o.. just come and finish this story
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nphzzycute(f): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2017
embarassed this suspense is too much na

*sobs*
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by sussybae(f): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2017
Dotwillis1:
Souloho no wan make this tory finish grin
I tell you
but the update is not regular
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by joshnes(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
I just read a story of 4 months in less than a day, souloho19 you are one of a kind, more ink to your pen. Mention please in the next update.
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by incredible2017: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
if You hear toh Madu ala am suspecting that this pa kenneth Is a sucide bomber how else will everyone In the market be killed bcus vodoo cant be effective Wen the handler is caught
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Tolezy001(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
If pa Kenneth has diabolical powers then reverend okorie will come into action
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by mickyjaggers40(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
Tolezy001:
If pa Kenneth has diabolical powers then reverend okorie will come into action
Power for power walahi
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Tolezy001(m): 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Tolezy001(m): 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
mickyjaggers40:
. Power for power walahi
No be lie i swear
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Dotwillis1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
sussybae:

I tell you
but the update is not regular

[color=#770077] I think its ok the way he is doing it.

When you eating a delicious meat and it all went down ur throat at once, u won't enjoy it like taking a bite one after the other grin [/colour]
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Lildiamond: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
The suspense is too much
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by labelle123(f): 10:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
Tolezy001:
No be lie i swear
No be small thing
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by AkieWillis(m): 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Of all my days of visiting the literature section, I've never felt an urge to comment for once but I'll be very ungrateful if I didn't comment on this...

Walahi! bro Souloho19 your baptismal name should be SUSPENCER, Infact the story name is SUSPENCE itself. When I started reading this morning, with my knowledge of 'October 1st' I could bet with my life that the devil is Barth but along the storyline, Stevenson and Paul did a little confusion but fortunately I was actually right at first.

I particularly made it a point of duty to start and finish reading today b4 12am nack and am glad I did. More grace Sir, the Sky is even your first stepping stone gan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Observer3(m): 12:31am On Nov 10, 2017
FreshestManny:
Ewo! 'All going to die?'. I'm beginning to suspect that pa Kenneth has some kind of inhuman powers. Thumbs up Souloho I'm still following.

hahahahahahaha that your 'Ewo' gat me cracking up cheesy
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by chiexcel: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Plsssssss com nd update
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Nphzzycute(f): 11:13am On Nov 10, 2017
AkieWillis:
Of all my days of visiting the literature section, I've never felt an urge to comment for once but I'll be very ungrateful if I didn't comment on this...

Walahi! bro Souloho19 your baptismal name should be SUSPENCER, Infact the story name is SUSPENCE itself. When I started reading this morning, with my knowledge of 'October 1st' I could bet with my life that the devil is Barth but along the storyline, Steven son and Paul did a little confusion but fortunate I was actually right at first.

I particularly made it a point of duty to start and finish reading today b4 12pm nack and am glad I did. More grace Sir, the Sky is even your first stepping stone gan.
sir can you please give me the link to that October 1St
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by cyber5(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
They're all going to die

What's he gonna do!
Rape everyone to death?

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by AkieWillis(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
Nphzzycute:
sir can you please give me the link to that October 1St

It's a film... Produced and directed by Kunle Afolayan
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by ADECULATE(f): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Souloho19 where is u ooo? U is weldone sir
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by smileing: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wow
Amazingly good
Finally they have caught the devil
When he gets to the other side of life he should sell designers

3 Likes

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by yemsy13865(f): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
I swear @souloho u re a great writer....I just finish reading delayed diagonis and d suspense was even more dan dis....more ink 2ir pen.

abeg update plsssss
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Bdemmy4real: 5:28am On Nov 11, 2017
Oya ooo..update pls,the suspense is too much! Btw,Weldon sir
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by Stainlexxx: 6:48am On Nov 11, 2017
Bros Na Wa Who Get B.P Nor Fit Follow This Update Cos De Suspense Fit Kill Am Lol! Anyway Weldone may God Gives U More Wisdom, Understanding And Grace To Complete Wat U Have Started. :DBros Na Wa Who Get B.P Nor Fit Follow This Update Cos De Suspense Fit Kill Am Lol! Anyway Weldone may God Gives U More Wisdom, Understanding And Grace To Complete Wat U Have Started.

1 Like

Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by rosalieene(f): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2017
PA Kenneth isn't even remorseful
Re: The Devil Wears Okrika by souloho19(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2017
Osi was lying on the bed, Jelemba beside him as he stared up at the ceiling his mind thinking, reflecting on everything that had happened this past few days.
The discovery that had shook the whole village played in his mind, frame after frame.
The news that Bartholomew had been a deadly killer and managed to keep it a secret for so long. Successfully living a double life and deceiving everyone in the process.
Deceiving he-Osi in the process, he thought with a frown. And to think he and the man had shared the altar, shared the same house.
He shook his head and sat up.
"Sah..pastor what happened...are you in pain?" Jelemba asked immediately. He was very protective of his new friend.
"No...I'm fine..I'm fine, I was only thinking"
"Oh..." The young boy leaned back. He could understand that perfectly. He had also been thinking, thinking about a lot of things.

The dibia was one who had known a staggering amount (if not all) of the secrets in Amaife, and just as dogs are bound to get some crumbs from the master's table, Jelemba had found out about pieces here and there.
The latest piece he had revealed, the information that had cracked Pa Kenneth's real identity was nothing close to the one he was thinking about currently. He looked at Osi, trying to decide if he should discuss it with his new friend. It was still about the devilish Pa Kenneth after all, the wily old fox.

Osi caught his look of uncertainty and helped the young lad make up his mind.
"What...what is it...what's bothering you?"
"Sah...I just remembered...if Bartholomew is really Pa Kenneth's son, then he killed his own sister"
Thank God Osi was not in the process of eating or drinking anything, he almost choked on his breath alone.
He jumped to his feet and sat down back as his blood seemed to drain to his feet then back to his head in a matter of seconds.
"What....sister...he has a sister?"
"Yes sah..I can remember one night, the woman came to the dibia with Pa Kenneth, she said her husband was suspecting their daughter was not his and was for another man and she came to get a charm to control his mind.
"Jesus...and the daughter was killed by Bartholomew? His own sister? He raped his sister? Did he know?"
The picture seemed to get disturbing for the young boy also, he squeezed his face, his expression one of irritation before he replied "no sir...I'm not sure they know..only Pa Kenneth and the woman was aware"
Osi stood up again. He was suddenly feeling cold "who? Who was the woman?"
"It was mama Ezinne..she was the one who came that night"

Ezinne was the only girl not to have been raped by Bartholomew, she had been killed, stabbed with a knife- a bit hurriedly and Osi wanted to believe the devil had not raped her because she was his sister, but had to kill her because he believed she was with the letter at the time but deep down he knew his arrival had forced Bartholomew to rush things up and kill her immediately.
He didn't know she was his sister.
No one knew, except Pa Kenneth and mama Ezinne.
He suddenly had a disturbing image of mama Ezinne crying and rolling on the floor during the candle night.
She was in genuine pain then, didn't she know her son was responsible? How could she live with herself? Or didn't she know?
"Arrghh God!" He rubbed his face tiredly.
Jelemba watched him silently, an intent look on his face.
"So what are you going to so sah?"
"I have to leave this clinic...this information is important, I can feel it...I need to act!"

He had promised Amara he would stay behind and rest but he suddenly knew he had to break that promise. Whatever happened, he could feel it in his spirit that it wasn't over. Not yet.

°•°•°•°•
As the elders arrived at the market square, Dé John proceeded to take charge of events, but the ball was already in motion. The tire was set and the crowd was impatient.
The only reason Bartholomew wasn't yet a burnt offering was because the fuel was yet to arrive. At this point kerosene would do the trick and an elderly woman who sold kerosene offered to run to her shop and get a jug full. She didn't care about the profit loss.

Dé john didn't really have a problem with the burning, although it seemed quite elaborate to him. He had other things weighing on his mind.
He wondered where Dr Nwachukwu was (The elder was on his way at this point) and more importantly he wondered what to do about Pa Kenneth. He wished Dé Nwachukwu were here.
He could feel the energy and murmurs about Pa Kenneth's presence coming from the crowd. They had heard the rumour no doubt and while it was a bitter pill to swallow, they needed clarification.
He worked slowly to Pa Kenneth's side, marvelling at the man's arrogant and regal posture.
But there was no mistaking the murderous rage in his eyes.

°•°•°•°•
Pa Kenneth stood still. Ever since he had seen his boy. His protégé lying on the floor, his mind had been made up. He ignored the calls from the crowd urging him to make a speech and he scanned the crowd. Searching for her, his old but eagle eyes piercing the faces and moving, searching, searching...
He shrugged off the reverend's hand when the man kept a comforting arm on his shoulder and only when he saw her did he smile.
A faint wicked smile that was more like a sneer...
He gave her a direct and pointed look and she gave the slightest of nods.
He relaxed finally. The murderous crowd...all of them were going to die, he would see to it.
The chants for a speech became too loud and he stepped forward, clearing his throat and raising his hand calling for silence.
"You all...my people, are in for a surprise! I know you have heard rubbish about me, rubbish that originated from my very own close friends...but I assure you in a few minutes there shall be clarity!"
His voice was clear. It dropped confidence and everyone was caught up.

He paused, looked at his son for some seconds before continuing. "Feel free while the drama unfolds, you murderous crowd! As you enjoy jungle justice, I can see fresh palm wine in your midst...have a sip as you listen..I have a story to tell and you are going to need to be a little intoxicated to hear me out! Touch the palm wine to your children's lips...today is a wondrous day..let them enjoy themselves..."

As he spoke a woman directed one of the youths to place the 25 litre of palm wine amongst the crowd.
She held a big jug and few cups.
"Drink and pass..once I share you drink and pass.." She instructed. "God has heard our cries for revenge...let's all toast to justice"
It was mama Ezinne.

A week and some days ago, the team of crusaders had been saved from drinking wine poisoned with risin by a mere accident when Gregory knocked the bottle over.
Bartholomew had mixed the poison with the communion wine and he got it from his father.
Pa Kenneth was the source of all evils and he believed himself to be a master planner. So many times he had envisioned a scenario like this one and although things had unfolded a bit differently there could only be one outcome.

There was a generous amount of risin in the palm wine.

°•°•
The kerosene arrived and mama Ezinne began sharing.
Tears streamed down her cheeks and people comforted her. "ndo.. justice would be served"
To which she replied
"Yes...justice would be served"
But no one knew the double meaning..

24 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (84) (Reply)

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.