Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead (25066 Views)

First Nigerian-Made Ventilator To Be Unveiled By Ogbonnaya Onu, Today / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events? / IGBOEXIT: Ex Biafran Fighter, Says He's Not Afraid To Fight Again(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by okenikpoto(m): 1:12am On Jul 26, 2017
Ogbonnaya Oji, a retired colonel in the Nigerian army, is dead.

Mr. Orji, from Oboro in Ikwuano Local Government Area of Abia State, died on June 20, three weeks after the death of his wife, Christiana, according to information made available to PREMIUM TIMES by his nephew, Ahaoma Kanu, a journalist with National Daily newspaper.

He was 76.

Mr. Orji, who joined the Nigerian army in 1960 as an officer cadet, was later to become one of the major actors of the first military coup in the country in January 1966, alongside the coup leader Kaduna Nzeogwu.

Mr. Orji fought on the side of Biafra during the civil war. He served in the Biafran army as the commanding officer of the 9thBattalion in 1967, Commander 62 Brigade in 1968, principal staff officer, 12 Division in charge of operation and training in 1969, and also as the principal staff officer at the 4th Commando Division in charge of operations in September 1969.

Mr. Orji was trained as an officer cadet at the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna. From there, he moved to MONS Officer Cadet School, Aldershot in the United Kingdom to complete his cadet training. He was commissioned 2nd Lt in July 1960.

He was a combatant infantry officer. His service record includes military attachment with the Royal Sussex Regiment Belfast, Northern Ireland, Platoon Commander 4th Battalion Ibadan, Nigerian Contingent in the United Nations Peace Keeping Operations in the Congo in 1962, Battalion Intelligence Officer 4th Battalion Ibadan, and General Staff Officer (GSO III) 2 Brigade Nigerian Army Apapa Lagos.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/237918-ex-biafran-commander-ogbonnaya-oji-dead.html

18 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by eunisam: 1:40am On Jul 26, 2017
RIP

when you get to heaven, tell Ikemba Ojukwu that we are flying the Biafran flag and very SOON it will be a reality!

Biafra is a project we must actualize.

208 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by pelumi111: 2:11am On Jul 26, 2017
He must be a great loss to IPOB and to the country at large.....he should have tell the story of Biafra war then to the people so they will chose between peace and long life or unrest and death

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 26, 2017
This galant soldier from Amaoba, was one of the major actors of the civil war, my mum told me stories about him on a personal note since him and my uncle was among those detained after the coup, never knew his role in the war was this huge.

Lost three uncle to the civil war, challenging a nation without the necessary hardware is a suicide mission, no matter how determined you are solidify your source of weapons first. Seasoned military officers failed to realize this and they consequently failed woefully. Kanu don't even think in that direction, what does he know a bloody civilian with mouth diarrhea

Rest In Peace soldier we shall all die someday.

66 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by 0b100100111: 2:46am On Jul 26, 2017

Nnamadi Cownu is next in line!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by mormonslayer: 2:52am On Jul 26, 2017
0b100100111:

If I say your whole family is in line now you'll go crying to the Mods like the freaking coward you are. I'll just ignore you so you can keep making a
fool of yourself at your old age. Your mates are married with kids you here playing with kids, shameless people.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 26, 2017
RIP....

P.S another Biafran buried on Nigerian soil grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by nonaira: 3:37am On Jul 26, 2017
RIP my brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by gozmok1(m): 4:10am On Jul 26, 2017
RIP GALLNT OFFICER!!

NIGERIAN SOLDIERS DURING THE BIAFRAN WAR COMMITTED WAR CRIME BY KILLING INNOCENT women AND CHILDREN.

18 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Atiku2019: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2017
Woooow he must be a Rugged Soldier.

RIP Sir

4 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by attackgat: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2017
One of the great heros who fought for the freedom of us Biafrans from the oppressive British colonial contraption called Nigeria

Adieu Colonel Oji, Biafrans hail you!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by 0b100100111: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2017
mormonslayer:

If I say your whole family is in line now you'll go crying to the Mods like the freaking coward you are. I'll just ignore you so you can keep making a
fool of yourself at your old age. Your mates are married with kids you here playing with kids, shameless people.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by mormonslayer: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2017
0b100100111:

It's 8:00AM your mates are at work or getting ready to go to work you here wasting your time on the internet. Anyway God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by 0b100100111: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=mormonslayer post=58838964][/quote]

grin cheesy grin

Am I communicating with a ghost?

So you have a job and have resumed already? Your life must be very miserable if true.

Anyways,

4 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2017
blueseacats:
This galant soldier from Amaoba, was one of the major actors of the civil war, my mum told me stories about him on a personal note since him and my uncle was among those detained after the coup, never knew his role in the war was this huge.

Lost three uncle to the civil war, challenging a nation without the necessary hardware is a suicide mission, no matter how determined you are solidify your source of weapons first. Seasoned military officers failed to realize this and they consequently failed woefully. Kanu don't even think in that direction, what does he know a bloody civilian with mouth diarrhea

your last sentences have discredited you we know your type and format

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by attackgat: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2017
blueseacats:

I somewhat disagree with you in the weapons area. It is not while drowning that you suddenly decide to go for swimming lessons, you just swim and hope for the best.

It is true that Biafra and Ojukwu did not have enough arms and ammunition in comparison to Nigeria, however, that was not enough reason to become a slave of the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy like all others did. It was a swim or sink situation and Biafrans were not prepared to sink without a fight, even if it meant fighting with catapult.

Fidel Castro started his own revolution with just 80 men and a few guns, he later overthrew the system

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by mangood74: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2017
21 GUN SALUTE TO OUR GALANT HERO YOU AND OTHERS RAISE THE STANDARD THAT SAVED US FROM TOTAL ANIHILATION BY THE FEDERAL TROOPS . TWALE

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Dainfamous: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2017
On the 23/7/17 kanu was in Anambra State he said that people where saying that he should leave Anambra state and mind his own state abia,and he ask'in 1991 before abia state was created which state was i from then?crowd echo "Imo state,ok before imo state was created in 1976 which state was I from then crowd echoes eastern region he said then ananmbra state is part of eastern region am in my fathers land

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Caustics: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2017
sad
Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by DonVikings: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2017
Eyaa. grin

May chukwu alewa dawadawa grant him safe passage to Jew paradise, Iseeeeee!

Let us pray fellow Jews. embarassed

13 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by rattlesnake(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
I know who will follow next angry
Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Iloveafrica: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by holatin(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
eunisam:
RIP

when you get to heaven, tell Ikemba Ojukwu that we are flying the Biafran flag and very SOON it will be a reality!

Biafra is a project we must actualize.

hahahahaha still can't fathom ow you lie to yourself and still believe it.

acant just believe it

1 Like

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by lonelydora: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Mazi Ogbonna Oji ka kpuru obi zuo ike na udo.

Where you stopped Ichie Oji, Nnamdi Kanu and all of us will continue and achieve it. That's an assurance I'm promising you.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
cry OMG choi shocked
Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by seXytOhbAd(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Shame On Ojukwu!!! This man is supposed go be hailed as the hero of biafra, unlike the coward who fled ,leaving his men behind.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
"Where you are I was, where I am you shall be" ~ inscription on a Roman Generals tombstone

R.I.P

Let Your Bitcoins work for you 24/7. Check my signature for more info

1 Like

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by oxaxcool(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
Typing............. tongue
Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by chuose2: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2017
See how Biafran Soldiers committed crimes against humanity,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsnQ9xK7B-o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead by Hadone(m): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Buhari Tower' Abuja Named After President Muhammadu Buhari / Soldiers, Bello Abubakar & Oyediran Adedotun Kidnapped By Bandits In Borno / Securing A 2nd Term In Office Is No Longer A Birth Right – Obasanjo Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.