Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? (518 Views)

‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ / Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? by Timika: 4:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Following the long time most Nigerians have to wait before receiving their national identity cards, and the fact that many who get to enroll don't get their cards till they transit to the great beyond, do you think that the purpose of establishing the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has been defeated? Have they met your expectations of them? Please share your own experience.
Re: Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? by ourema(f): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2017
The idea is laudable but financing the NIMC is the problem. I did my enrollment in 2014 and since then I have not seen any card

1 Like

Re: Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? by pelumi111: 6:44am On Jul 26, 2017
it has been defeated to me cos some banks e.g firstbank do not take the temporary NIMC
Re: Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? by Realdeals(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2017
I'm about to write on this, I was at their Lagos office yesterday to check if my card which I registered for since 2013 is ready.
I saw lot of printed card which are ready for collections and was optimistic that mine will be there. I gave them my slip and they check their system and told me it's not ready yet.
I was disappointed that despite registering since 2013, my card is not ready. I've heard of people that registered early this year and have collected their cards.

What they ended up telling me is that I should do a reprint of my slip and that I will be contacted whenever the card is ready. It's a sad story of 4 years.
Re: Nigerian National Identity Cards. Has Its Purpose Been Defeated? by Timika: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2017
Realdeals:
I'm about to write on this, I was at their Lagos office yesterday to check if my card which I registered for since 2013 is ready.
I saw lot of printed card which are ready for collections and was optimistic that mine will be there. I gave them my slip and they check their system and told me it's not ready yet.
I was disappointed that despite registering since 2013, my card is not ready. I've heard of people that registered early this year and have collected their cards. My experience too!

What they ended up telling me is that I should do a reprint of my slip and that I will be contacted whenever the card is ready. It's a sad story of 4 years.

(1) (Reply)

ALL NIGERIAN SECESSIONISTS MUST COME & TELL US HOW THEY CAN SAFE THE NATION? / Arewa Youth Leader Collapses. / Julius Berger Abandons Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.