Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results (3443 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Abia State Governorship Results As Announced By INEC / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2010
Mixed reactions have trailed the declarationof Mr. Peter Obi of the All Progressives
Grand Alliance as the winner of Saturday ’sgovernorship election in Anambra State.
The candidate of the AC, Dr. Chris Ngige, and his Labour Party counterpart, Dr. Andy Uba,
have rejected the results of the election.Speaking on Sunday after INEC declared Obi
the winner of the election, the Director of Planning, Research and Strategy, Ngige
Campaign Organisation, Mr. Kingsley Ezewenyi, said Ngige was rejecting the
outcome of the exercise because of the widespread inconsistencies in the voter
register, which made it impossible for a lot of its supporters to exercise their civic
rights. He said, “We are rejecting the outcome of the election in totality because a lot of
people came out with their permanent voter cards, but were not allowed to vote because
their names were not in the register. I am speaking for Ngige on this issue and that is
the position. “When we got this voter register, we had to download and print.
We did this and  distributed it to all the polling units in the state irrespective of political affiliations for them to see what is there.‘We discovered at that time that 80 per cent of Anambrarians did not have their names
in the register; we called the attention of INEC to this problem and they promised that  they would address it. ” Meanwhile, Uba has asked INEC to cancel the election.Uba said the election was flawed in many ways and therefore could not stand. In a letter on Sunday to the Anambra State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Uba listed seven areas in which the election failed to meet constitutional requirements. In the letter, which was made available to one of our correspondents in Awka, the former presidential aide said INEC failed to provide adequate electoral materials and ballot papers for the election. He said materials arrived late at the polling
units and there was a general complaint by voters that they could not find their names
on the register. He alleged that there was no voting at all in many areas in the state, saying that snatching and stuffing of ballot boxes characterised the poll. Uba said he was particularly pained by the
alleged unjustified cancellation of the election in Uga Ward I in Aguata Local Government Area, which is his own home ward. Most significantly, Uba alleged that the February 6 election was unconstitutional and unlawful as it failed to meet the requirement of the law. “It is pertinent that your commission is absolutely incompetent to conduct the 6th February, 2010 governorship election in Anambra State on the account of the fact of absence of the requisite quorum constitutionally stipulated for the execution of the affairs of the commission with respect to the conduct an election. Being improperly constituted, your commission cannot and is bereft of any lawful authority to conduct the said governorship election in Anambra State. “Accordingly I am constrained to ask you to cancel the said governorship election in Anambra State, same being illegal and
fraught with aforementioned legal disabilities, ” he said.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201002080572251
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by 2tait: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
Here we go again.

Please tell me, did the above irregularities affect only Uba and Ngige?

I guess it was a system problem which affected all the parties.
I guess that the election was generally fair, non-violent, no lives lost and generally reflect the wishes of the Anambra people.

Kudos to Anambra State for showing the way this time around.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by marocguy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2010
Now its tribunal one way. But cone 2 think of it,is it not d uba that rigged himself in in 2007 that is nw complaining? Is it not ngige that stole obi's mandate in 2003 that is nw complaining of rigging?
These folks shud stop making noise lyk they r political rookies n go n prepare money 4 d tribunal judges which is round 2, appeal court judges round 3 and supreme court judges,d final round.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by asha80(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
I wish i am uba's lawyer.The guy has made enough money from uba.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by SamMilla1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
Its normal, blablabla.
Thats how they are going to derail the man from concentrating instead of helping out.
Everybody wanna be a governor down there.
The margin of defeat is too big to contest
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by husu(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2010
If 80% of anambrarians could not find their names in the voters register,then the election need to be cancelled. period!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by demla: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2010
when the sitting governor is in charge what do u call such power? this is just a style of rigging where and when selected name are in the register and those names, are names of those they trusted. so IF UR NAME IS NOT IN THE REGISTER, U CAN NOT VOTE.     abi wetin i talk?.  the omission of names in the INEC register is not a mistake but delibrate.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by martinosi: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2010
These guy should form a consensus
and move forward Anambra state should
be gearign up to be a Hub of Manufacturing strength
in Africa Period!.

We are way past these quarrels haba!!!
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by SamMilla1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2010
husu:

If 80% of anambrarians could not find their names in the voters register,then the election need to be cancelled. period!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

so they systematically removed the names of those people who would have voted for soludo and ngige ?
is that what you are insinuating here ?
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by olafolarin(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2010
husu:

Only 19% of registered voters were allowed to vote because of false voters Register.
The remaining 81% were completely disenfrachised including Ekwueme,Ngige and Uba's Family and over 1 Million other families.
It is definitely below expectation and i Hope it is Not The New Way INEC will Be rigging People in come 2011.
its à Bad Omen for 2011.
Ngige definitly have à tenable reason to go to Tribunal but He will Loose.Because there is nö Proof that what happened affected only him.it affected everybody across Board.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by semid4lyfe(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
Crap! The voters register was not used eventually. INEC later issued instructions that everyone and anyöne who came with a valid permanent voters registration card should be allowed to cast his/her vote and they DID. Uba and Ngige (whom I wanted to win) should stop crying WOLF when there isn't one. The ELECTION WAS GENERALLY FREE AND FAIR. Kudos to Anambra for doing what Ekiti and other states couldn't do.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Crap! The voters register was not used eventually. INEC later issued instructions that everyone and anyöne who came with a valid permanent voters registration card should be allowed to cast his/her vote and they DID. Uba and Ngige (whom I wanted to win) should stop crying WOLF when there isn't one. The ELECTION WAS GENERALLY FREE AND FAIR. Kudos to Anambra for doing what Ekiti and other states couldn't do.
Thank you bro.
Apparently,clear-headedness and factual judgement is what you possess.
Uba and Ngige can go to court for all we care.This has to be one of the most credible elections after June 12.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by olafolarin(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Crap! The voters register was not used eventually. INEC later issued instructions that everyone  and anyöne who came with a valid permanent voters registration card should be allowed to cast his/her vote and they DID. Uba and Ngige (whom I wanted to win) should stop crying WOLF when there isn't one. The ELECTION WAS GENERALLY FREE AND FAIR. Kudos to Anambra for doing what Ekiti and other states couldn't do.

INEC told them to use voters ID at what Time?At 4pm when People were Tired of waiting and Left forhome?
Iwu was à monumental failure and he should Be sacked for Not being able to update the voters Register.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by sjeezy8: 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2010
They should be voters couldnt vote and only a asmall Number casted their votes. but good for anambra
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by DOAweb(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
No Surprise here!! angry angry
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by beknown(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2010
INEC has failed to maintain a good electoral register. Just imagine the number of eligible voters who did not appear in the electoral roll.

This is the evidence of what we will get in 2011 election.

INEC is bad news.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by princekevo(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
We are rejecting the outcome of the election in totality because a lot of
people came out with their permanent voter cards, but were not allowed to vote because
their names were not in the register. I am speaking for Ngige on this issue and that is
the position. “When we got this voter register, we had to download and print.
We did this and  distributed it to all the polling units in the state irrespective of political affiliations for them to see what is there.‘We discovered at that time that 80 per cent of Anambrarians did not have their names
in the register; we called the attention of INEC to this problem and they promised that  they would address it.

What is wrong with this Nigeria sef? So INEC can not conduct only one state gubernitorial election without stories?
If the bolded allegation is true then the election should be cancelled.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by woro: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2010
let them accept the results in gud fate for ngige whom ibeleive so much in him he should not giveup but by contesting in the next dispensation gov obi has convinced the people wit his present administration which has scored him a gud mark for u ngige your legacy still remains in our memory all da best inlife
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by theviper1: 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2010
woooh, must Uba go to court 4 everything, why doesnt he use the cash he pays to lawyers to build a factory (no matter how small) in anambra state? what did Ngige do at the state house when he was there? the problem we have from my mom¨s state (my queen is from that state) is that many of the pple helps in derailing the progress of that state. if pple should stay away from greed and wickedness in anambra state,it will be a model state. example of what am saying was when a road was to be constructed in Nnewi,pple went and insured their cash crops , bananas,pears,mangos and stuff. the construction company felt that it doenst have enough money to settle insurance claims on cash crops and that road was never tarred (ekwusigo road).the system failure did not affect only 2 pple and before u know it now,the Soludos and the rest will be going to court and another 4 years will be wasted.
i wish to appeal to well-meaning anambra indigiens to talk sense into these dudes and to chart a new way forward  for that dear state. the state doesnt have airport today cos luxurious bus owners sabotaged the effort when Imo state was building her own.a state that can boast of world reknowned figures is crawling like a snail.i hereby ask my maternal pple of anambra to stand up and show the world that YES,THEY CAN.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by chiozor: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
both can hit head at a stone, PETER OBI IS THE GOVERNOR AND THE ELECTION IS FREE AND FAIR grin
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by Kay17: 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
as long as the results do not favour them, there will always be controversies and allegation of electoral malpractice.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by alldone(m): 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2010
why cant people just accept defeat? they will always complain mainwhile if they are the one they will do worse things.
well i don't see any sense in challenging this ellection because they will only extend the guys tenure. they should plan for another time.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by yeswecan(m): 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
same old story . . .
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by adconline(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2010
let them go to court and test their cases. However, INEC is still a failure for not conducting credible elections. It's a reflection of what's coming up in next year's elections. I think Obi should not be held accountable cos some of his voters were also disenfranchised.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by Emperoh(m): 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
Some Lawyers/Law firm are about to get richer. . . . if i were a lawyer, i should have sent in a proposal to Andy Uba
To represent him. . . .the dude sure knows how to make Lawyers rich!!

. . . . none has won him victory!! Chai!!!
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by chigo4u: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2010
Sycophants everywhere. U guys should get off obi's balls already. What is wrong wht someone goin to court to turn around illegality. I fux wit andy but ngige won dt election. Irrespectve of the fraud. Now I want somebody here to place a bet with me on upturning the election. Take this, either the election is upturned or ngige will be declared winner. Comment below if u wanna bet. Nuf of this peter this, peter that!
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by archangel1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
hello babes, God is in control. Obi's victory is dedicated to good governance and his endearing ANIDS Program.he is the first political leader in Nigeria who takes public funds as sacred.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by metalgong5(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2010
Andy Uba has accepted defeat and congratulated Obi. He had promised to work with him and not to challenge Obi's victory at tribunal.
Anambra politicians are now showing some maturity. I hope that Ngige and other Nigerians politicians would emulate their spirit of sportsmanship.

Here is the video link

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KeUrOc0Tg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by oge4real(f): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2010
^^Good. I suggest Ngige should follow suit so that the state can move ahead.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by tayoast(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
Y do politicians resort 2 lies wen things don't go their way?

Imagine Ngige saying 80% of Anambrarians were unable 2 vote.*
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
Why should anybody listen to characters called Ngige and Uba.
Ngige for all I care should have gone to jail with Chris for
Obi's mandate and should NEVER contest for public office again
foe life-anyway,Ogwugwu-akpu (Okija shrine) is waiting for him.

The number of people that voted effected all of them and the only man
amongst the three that has some credibility-Soludo-has congratulated
Mr Peter Obi.Let them go to court.anambra must move forward whether they loke it or not-amen.
Re: Ngige, Uba Reject Governorship Results by asha80(m): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2010
OKEYCHIVIV:

Why should anybody listen to characters called Ngige and Uba.
Ngige for all I care should have gone to jail with Chris for
Obi's mandate and should NEVER contest for public office again
foe life-anyway,Ogwugwu-akpu (Okija shrine) is waiting for him.

The number of people that voted effected all of them and the only man
amongst the three that has some credibility-Soludo-has congratulated
Mr Peter Obi.Let them go to court.anambra must move forward whether they loke it or not-amen.

Uba has accepted defeat.see here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-395120.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This How Enugu International Airport Looks? (pix) / Jonathan Is Qualified For Second Term - PDP Auditor / David Umoru Of The "Dying APC" In Early Lead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.