Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830756 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Honeymay10(f): 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
So sorry bro... God knows Best.....
Stadiax:

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osabo4000: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
pls i am new to this travelling to canada with student visa.pls i need a step by step breakdown on how go about it.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
jnyuwa02:

First of all congrats over your admission and full scholarship. I have full scholarship from the University of Saskatchewan too. It's like they have much money to give out to international students.

All jokes aside, you do not need to worry about any gaps in your education as long as you explain what you were up to in those time gaps. I observed they are very keen on gaps, I had a gap of two months from when I returned back to Nigeria and did nothing, but just chilling and catching up on family life. The VAC staff would tolerate no gaps left blank and made me refill my form twice accounting for those gaps and what I was doing. That is one of the benefits of doing paperoute than online application. You get guidance, while online there is no guidance, you are left susceptible to your own whims and caprice.

A second masters instead of a PHD always brings concern about purpose of study to the VOs. But I am confident that as a fully funded prospective student, you can demonstrate to the VO your passion for studies and what made you choose a second masters instead of PHD. Do not try to feign an excuse, come out clean. Tell them why you have chosen the field of study, why in Canada and how what you are studying will be an investment in the future of our country.
pls how did you guys get the scholarship? is it through GRA, GTA or external scholarship? am also applying to the university and I would be glad if I'm offered a full scholarship also. am applying for M.A history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
Honeymay10:
So sorry bro... God knows Best.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayjeee(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
Stadiax:

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house
sorry bro, don't give up yet. someone on this thread gave a testimony of having tried U.S twice, U.k once and Canada twice before he was given visa. this should be a motivation for you. cheer up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
dayjeee:
sorry bro, don't give up yet. someone on this thread gave a testimony of having tried U.S twice, U.k once and Canada twice before he was given visa. this should be a motivation for you. cheer up

Thanks... Please anyone with d way to request for gcms notes. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
Jahluv:
Hello House,

My application has been delayed for the second time.
Reason, "Purpose of visit", "I am not satisfied that your propose program is..."
I have B.Ed in Mathematics, Msc Industrial Mathematics and was going for another Masters in Scientific Computing at MUN.
I have taught Mathematics in a government Senior High School for 6 years now.
My supervisor is willing to defer my program to next year fall.
I have already requested for my gcms notes.

I am so confuse and needs advice from you, my brothers and sisters.

Thank you. Regards.
Pls did u request for GCMS NOTES after the first refusal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by habby95: 5:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
dannydenzy:
Good morning house,
I need your suggestions and advice. I have secured fully funded m.sc position on vaccinology and immunotherapics at in U of Saskatchewan in starting January 2018. I am gathering my documents for study permit but my concerns are how to prove my home ties and gap between my youth service year to this year. I graduated in microbiology 2013 and did my service in 2014. I worked briefly with a private university in 2015. (Feb-may) before enrolling in m.sc environmental microbiology in one of Nigerian public University.i have defended my thesis but Senate yet to approve my results due to lingering ASUU strike. Currently I am unemployed . I am also worried if the V. O will have issue of me going for another m.sc , what can I use for my home ties and it's my admission letter for environmental microbiology enough to present as time lapse.
Gurus in the house. I need your suggestions and advice.
Thank you
Helo, Pls I know you av somethings to work on but Pls can u hlp with some info I am applying to U of S n will need som hlp. Habbyadez@yahoo.com. Dats my email or beta still u can drop ur contact. Sent u a pm. Pls ur reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=Stadiax post=60522038][/quote]
Sorry for the delay.

I would advice you to go for PhD instead of another Masters degree. I think VO feel why another master since you have masters degree already. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Stadiax:

Sorry for the delay.

I would advice you to go for PhD instead of another Masters degree. I think VO feel why another master since you have masters degree already. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
mbambah1:
Hello Guyz, Pls I need people who has gone through similar scenario to advice me; I got refused of study visa on August 2nd due to insufficient fund;
Q1: Does it Mean I have only the funding to worry about?
Q2 :my sponsor doesn't have money currently in his account but had a good transaction history, because it's stuck in a government project, it paid tuition deposit of 2000CAD to Memorial University of Newfoundland, if I can Mobilize like 5mill for my sponsor to transfer to my acct as fund for living expenses and tuition balance, is it a head way?
Q3 : Since I used the above mentioned sponsor for first application, will using entirely different sponsor contradict the application.
Q4: having the money I Mobilized for my sponsor transferred into my naira account with no good history, is it going to raise an eyebrow?

Thanks and hope you do come with meaningful contributions

1. Not necessarily. Having been refused for funds alone should not make you neglect other aspect of you application. A different visa officer may review your new application and find a new reason other than the previous one(s).

2. Your sponsor having the remaining funds for your tuition and living expenses is one thing, another thing is him/her being able to justify the source( with proof) and how he/she got the said funds within the time your application was refused and when you reapplied. If there is no proof( receipt of sale of something, etc), i'm afraid it will raise a red flag. If he truly want to sponsor you, i'd rather he pays the remaining fees and you open a dorm account to pay in the living expenses fund. Funds in convertible currencies are easily seen as a strong commitment to an applicant's study.

3. Anybody can sponsor you but more to their claim of sponsorship, they must be able to satisfy the officer that indeed they will. Commitments, affidavits, letter explaining why the have chosen to sponsor you are some important things to note while using a sponsor especially a 3rd party sponsor( non-blood or Family member).

4. It certainly will if there is no proof of the source. You must also explain why and how the money was gotten.

Conclusively, you MUST not in trying to meet the requirements of you study permit raise concerns about your sponsor, sources of your funds and your financial situation. This may also raise concerns about your INTENT which may lead to a refusal for 'PURPOSE Of VISIT'.. You should be lerry of anything that will raise flags in your re-application.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2017

It is well....don't give up...just order for your gcmsnote immediately......and if you can explained the reasons behind your second master degree...then fine...and if your grade is good for PHD then go with it.....but am sure that the main reasons for refusal will be explain in your gcmsnote. ....just wait till then...it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Favoured111: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
greetings to u all...@maziude bíkó i need help... i'm trying to complete my application...but concerning uploading supporting documents. where do i upload documents like PCC and birth certificates and all the letters from my employers, pay slips, et al... i dont seem to see any folder that requires these on the upload section of the application... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
eastafro:

the cheaper ones are those that are not in metropolitan cities usually but not always.
i would start with schools in Quebec and Saskatchewan.
heads up though ......cheap is relative
You might have to reconsider the bolded as cheap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Akinsu: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
Pls guys can I get a sample SOP from anyone asides the ones on page 0
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by toludadon(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
osabo4000:
pls i am new to this travelling to canada with student visa.pls i need a step by step breakdown on how go about it.thanks
everything you need about the bolded is on page zero. Read first and come back to ask questions where you don't understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
osabo4000:
Everything you want is on cic website. It would help you better than what anyone here can tell you. However, if you have questions while at it, you can bring it here. I always advise paper route as against online app. It is easy to detect errors and fix it on the spot to avoid delays. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
Favoured111:
greetings to u all...@maziude bíkó i need help... i'm trying to complete my application...but concerning uploading supporting documents. where do i upload documents like PCC and birth certificates and all the letters from my employers, pay slips, et al... i dont seem to see any folder that requires these on the upload section of the application... thanks

Combine them with your letter of explanation/SOP and upload it on the LOE tab.

I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2017
Favoured111:

If you haven't gone far sir, pls use paper application. It helps to avoid mistakes that results into delays. Just my opinion pls

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
Perfect1989:
Hello gurus in the house I have a sensitive question to ask....my sister wanna travel to Canada to further studies and as we all know Canadian school don't accept a 2'2 for master coz she had a 2.96 as her total cgpa and from my findings I hardly see universities in Canada that offer a postraguade diploma in English and international studies,most schools are found are colleges ...please whats the chances of one getting a study permit for a pdg programe in a college in Canada and most of the pdgs are just one year....your prompt response will be highly appreciated

Chances of Pgd are slimmer than msc but still doable. No harm in trying. Just submit a sincere and sound application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2017
Rkly1:
Good morning All, Honestly I commend the Good work happening in this Forum. It is invaluable. I am new to the forum but have been a silent reader for sometime, This forum pulsate with Intellectuals of the highest level and I am awed everytime I read the responses. Please I am a prospective MSc student for MSVU Canada. My question is regarding accommodation. I will be going with my son and need affordable and conducive off campus option. Pls I will appreciate sincere and honest suggestions as we are at the stage of fine tuning our plans. My family is concerned as this is a very important aspect thus my expressing my need here right away. My email is Kelinkel4christ@gmail. com. looking forward to your responses. Thanks and God bless you All.

Most schools have housing info on their websites. There are also units that help new (& intl) students to make good choices about accommodation. Try perusing your school website.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:
i know google before i ask here. Atlist your experience will put new comers through.

In all honesty and no pun intended, google can give you better answers that all of us here.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
damLaney:
Good Evening House,

I have a little challenge that I need your advise on. I got
a conditional admission and was asked to send my transcripts which I sent. I was later asked to submit a notarized copy of my certificate which I also sent and kept tracking via dhl. It had gotten there since Monday and I sent a follow up mail on Wednesday with no response. I later spoke with the lady in charge today who later confirmed that she just received it now and is working on it. She says it's takes 5 days or a couple of weeks for the hold on my admission to be removed.

I'm bothered because time is against me as September is gradually coming to an end. My original offer letter is the only thing delaying the application of my visa. To crown it all I live outside of Lagos and my boss has given me just 2 days (Monday and Tuesday) to round up with whatever I'm doing and rush back to work.

Please is it safe to apply for my study permit with my conditional offer letter in this scenario?
Is there any other option?
Is there any email I could write to that can add my new unconditional offer letter to my visa application after I've applied?

Thanks guys.

If transcripts is the only condition left, simply submit a (student) copy of the one you have along with other proofs of meeting the conditions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello House, please a friend told me its much easier to get a Canadian student visa in Europe... Please how true is it.
Please those i sent email should please reply.... Anybody studying media Studies in canada should pls send me an email.... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Alantobie:
Hello everyone. I have a question to ask...if one pays a year tuition fee and has living expenses in his dorm account, will it count as money lodging if big money enters your sponsor account some weeks or days before you submit your application​.

If it is money lodgement, will my sponsor explaining the sources of the funds in her account solve the issue. I await your reply

Please someone should help answer this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
toludadon:
like i said cheap is relative
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2017
toludadon:
like i said cheap is relative
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
bruh you know what? now you know your method or package hasn't convinced them enough.
its okay. all you have to do is try and convince them some more.
and like most folks here said i suspect the 2nd masters can be suspicious so i would try and go with a phd until i get the admission.
but dont think about it too much, don't let it get to you aighht
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
How long does it take CIC to review online Canadian study permit application.
I applied on 6th of sept, did biometrics on 8th of September, no response till date. No upfront medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omohakin: 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
Alantobie:

Please someone should help answer this

Any Cash Inflow(deposit) From an Unknown Source( Private individual lump transfer majorly i guess or otherwise) will always raise a doubt. Hence there is a need for a reasonable explicit explanation, if backed up with an evidence(receipt of sales, Rent e.t.c) will be fine. Recent lump transfer always raise an eyebrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Pls did u request for GCMS NOTES after the first refusal?

No, I did not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2017
Phocusjosh:
How long does it take CIC to review online Canadian study permit application.
I applied on 6th of sept, did biometrics on 8th of September, no response till date. No upfront medical.

Very funny!!
Do you know we have October 2016, March and so on over here?

Although, everyone's case is different but currently CIC dey in power. Anytime you here from them na just your time.

Wait on the Lord my brother, be of good courage and HE shall strengthen your heart. Wait on the Lord!!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.