Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (826038 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by limai17: 8:30am On Sep 15, 2017
thanks sir. Noted
mesh2003:

Both suggestions you have given cant give you permanent residence in the UK today. Uk has stopped issuing post study work permit. If you go through the student route, you are expected to leave after studies. If you traveling on a visiting visa, you are not allowed to stay for more than 6 months. Since your brother is a UK citizen and resides there currently, he should be in a better position to advise you by consulting an immigration lawyer on your behalf.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2017
Hello House,

My application has been delayed for the second time.
Reason, "Purpose of visit", "I am not satisfied that your propose program is..."
I have B.Ed in Mathematics, Msc Industrial Mathematics and was going for another Masters in Scientific Computing at MUN.
I have taught Mathematics in a government Senior High School for 6 years now.
My supervisor is willing to defer my program to next year fall.
I have already requested for my gcms notes.

I am so confuse and needs advice from you, my brothers and sisters.

Thank you. Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Sir, no notice and you assume it's an approval just because it said passport dispatched? I hope it's an approval and wish you the best!

Thank you bro. It is indeed an approval. Just got it this morning. I guess once you have passed medical, it is 90% done. SP for me, WP for wifey.

For all those waiting, favour from above fall on you all. Favour & God's will, let those top your prayer list. Thanks everyone for the lessons and encouragement.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dege1811(m): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2017
Helloo friends please I graduated with second class in university of portharcourt I red geology\mining. I want a school that offers PGD or masters in geoogy or geograph or any course related to it please I need help from you people. A school canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2017
My sympathy sir. I understand how distressed you must be feeling.
Did you order for your note the first time you were delayed? If yes, did you work on the points raised in your second app? If no, then pls work more on your SOP. Your choice of field is ver ok. Above all, is canada schooling the way God wanta you to go?
Again, pls be strong. Your time of elevation would surely come. Amen

Jahluv:
Hello House,

Reason, "Purpose of visit", "I am not satisfied that your propose program is..."
I have B.Ed in Mathematics, Msc Industrial Mathematics and was going for another Masters in Scientific Computing at MUN.

Thank you. Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by james87871: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning i want to apply for vacation
(1)If i want to apply online ,how do i upload my statement of acct of over 160 pages ? please advice if it is possible .
(2) I only run 1 acct for both my savings and my company I don't pay my salary to a differ acct is there any problem because i only use one acct
(3) thirdly i have property without C/O only receipt and this agreement by lawyer is it acceptable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Suplexx:

If I do a 16 months course, would I be allowed to stay and work in Canada after graduation?

Secondly, do you know any good GMAT/GRE lecture center in Lagos? I left school many years ago and I am so rusty academically

Hello Suplexx,

Write GRE instead of GMAT if they accept both. GRE is easier to pass than GMAT (based on my test experiences for both) . You can actually study on your own. Join the GRE thread on this forum for tips to ace the test.

16 months course = 16 months PGWP
2 years course = 3 years PGWP

Do you prefer a 16 months course without GRE/GMAT with limited opportunities or 2 years course with GMAT/GRE with unlimited opportunities? You can choose your choice. wink

I wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2017
oluswagger:
My sympathy sir. I understand how distressed you must be feeling.
Did you order for your note the first time you were delayed? If yes, did you work on the points raised in your second app? If no, then pls work more on your SOP. Your choice of field is ver ok. Above all, is canada schooling the way God wanta you to go?
Again, pls be strong. Your time of elevation would surely come. Amen

Hello,

I did not order for my gcms notes the first time. The reasons for denial were insufficient funds, personal financial status, purpose of visit and current employment situation. I tried to tackle the reasons by using other people experience on this forum.

Please I need ideas to tackle this "purpose of visit "

Thank you for your response.
Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2017
Happy Birthday, swaggalicious lady @DereI. wink I wish you God's blessings and may all your heart desires come true. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Suplexx: 11:34am On Sep 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello Suplexx,

Write GRE instead of GMAT if they accept both. GRE is easier to pass than GMAT (based on my test experiences for both) . You can actually study on your own. Join the GRE thread on this forum for tips to ace the test.

16 months course = 16 months PGWP
2 years course = 3 years PGWP

Do you prefer a 16 months course without GRE/GMAT with limited opportunities or 2 years course with GMAT/GRE with unlimited opportunities? you can choose your choice wink

I wish you the best!

Please can I send you an email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2017
Suplexx:

Please can I send you an email?

Yes, you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2017
oluswagger:

Thank you bro. It is indeed an approval. Just got it this morning. I guess once you have passed medical, it is 90% done. SP for me, WP for wifey.

For all those waiting, favour from above fall on you all. Favour & God's will, let those top your prayer list. Thanks everyone for the lessons and encouragement.

Mighty Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by omodolapoola(f): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
maygreaves:

you've applied since February and no response
Nothing yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MeinKampf: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Alantobie:
Hi guys, I have a question. I have paid a year tuition for Concordia University, Montreal and want to request for tuition receipt. Which should I get...the receipt from the international student office in form of a letter to the embassy or the official tuition receipt from the student account office?

How were you able to pay for your tuition at Concordia without first getting to Canada? The school insists that the only thing they accept is CAD 250 acceptance for reservation of seat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TITILOLA88: 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ope o!
oluswagger:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deratus: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning friends.gurus in the house i need your candid advice.I've been a silent reader of this thread from part 12 and I've really gained alot.my app was delayed yesterday reason purpose of visit.my details are below
Applied april 12th,biometic 13th.sponsor is my fathers jnr brother (uncle),sponsors soa 25m (its a very active acc cos its used to pay custom duty).applied for environmental impact and accessment september intake at niagara college.paid full tuition fee.graduated with cgpa 3.82(B.tech environmental technology) from Futo.i deferred my admissn last week to jan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
MeinKampf:

How were you able to pay for your tuition at Concordia without first getting to Canada? The school insists that the only thing they accept is CAD 250 acceptance for reservation of seat

You can pay tuition anytime. It will only be deducted from your student account when it's due. I paid for a year through a MasterCard. Once you pay tuition, the international student office will give you a tuition receipt to submit with your visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adnan621: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=spores99 post=60432645]hello house,
am sure now that school has resumed for September CIC would have less pressure and begin to respond to our applications by his grace...all we need do is to defer admission and hope for the very best...
#it will end in praise

if u wish to know I applied April 28, online without any update till now (still processing), sent several mails and CSE, I got a promising reply from CSE agent stating my applications has been opened and a message would b sent if additional documents are needed.

Ya Allah Ya Rabbi I put it all into your care.. Aameen

Bro, I'm a silent reader and I'm also in your shoes oooo... in fact I submitted April 28 and was at VFS this morning , I was asked to still wait to hear from cic . That's all . Can we chat privately Bro ? Pls drop me your WhatsApp number leme add u asap . Cheers . And InshaAllah we all going to make it through .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Raycupid: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Raycupid:
Please can someone tell me how to order GCMS through someone in Canada....do I login from here in Nigeria or do I let d person do it all from Canada??.....anybody please
Please someone help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jahluv:
Hello House,

Thank you. Regards.
Hello,
I would suggest you go for PhD instead of another Masters since you already have master’s in mathematics. I think going for another Masters is what brought about this purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jahluv:
Hello House,

Thank you. Regards.

Hello boss,
Sorry for the delay.

If you dont mind my asking, what really is your end game? Did you choose the masters in scientific computing because you want to switch to computing? Or is there another reason?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrSmith9513: 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi Everyone!

@Mesh 2003 The settling down process and getting to do all necessary things kept me from updating the forum.

Apologies to everyone. Mesh have been a fantastic host, like very fantastic........I met her the same day I arrived in Vancouver for a meal as I was very hungry cos of the long journey and it didn't stop there oh, I had dinner of Rice n Lasagna at her place on Sunday. We have become good friends and talk for hours like we knew each other many decades past - amazing story of how NL connects people.

Will surely return more often to the forum as I am better settled though the school workload for here no be joke, dem no dey play at all............

I will be willing to help any one coming to Vancouver n environs just like my Mesh2003 as my throwback to this forum.

It shall all end in praise!

M.R.S.M.I.T.H
Reporting from Vancouver BC Canada.

mesh2003:
So @Mr Smith has been forming busy(though I understand,the school system here is crazy). He has not told the house how he came and ate well cooked rice and stew the day he got into Vancouver. Even last Sunday I invited him to come and eat lasagna and coconut jellof rice. Its amazing how nairaland connects you to people. I couldn't pick him up from the airport cos I don't have a car yet. Will get a car next year and will be willing to pick up people as they come. For now, I can offer well cooked naija food of your choice when you arrive in Vancouver. Just PM me. Good luck to all TRV hopefuls.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
petlaz:

Hello,
I would suggest you go for PhD instead of another Masters since you already have master’s in mathematics. I think going for another Masters is what brought about this purpose of visit.

Well noted. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
How long is the waiting going to be ooo.For the fall applicants that have deferred to winter 2018?Gurus in the house .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
please can you link me up with anyone that has applied to TRU for Masters in Education and got full scholarship.

jnyuwa02:

Continue to wait and write to the admissions office at the school you applied in Canada. Yes you can go to school in the USA and many are happy to help you apply to change to a student visa while in the USA. From experience though, these are schools desperate to get your money and give you an education. It's hard to change from B1 to F-1. But totally possible if you do your homework well. If you think you can afford to pay your way, that would be your easiest route. But if you can't afford and need a significant scholarship, your best way is to go through the application process right here in Nigeria as most of the schools have as their scholarship criteria, that the student be residing and coming directly from Africa. Even Canadian schools have this criteria, e.g, TRU Master in Education, full scholarship for African students. No you cannot apply for Canadian student visa while on a visiting visa to USA or Australia or anywhere else as a matter of fact. As one sacrificial lamb here wedged his life to prove, you would be rejected based on status in country of application. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by spores99(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Adnan621 post=60484344][/quote]
I just pm u...check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
mideyola:
please can you link me up with anyone that has applied to TRU for Masters in Education and got full scholarship.

I don't know anyone oo, just the program that gives one African student every year full scholarship to attend the school in honor of one inspiring Kenyan woman who survived genocide. Google TRU Master in Education scholarship, you might be the lucky one selected for the next coming one, next fall.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nogen:
They said NO! I MUST SEND BY COURIER ! Just 2 pieces of paper and I will 17k plus. This is breaking my heart! It's so painful. Please, who in Canada (even in Québec ) will help me mail the document ? So I can pay less. Kindly send me a mail to nogen123@yahoo.com . Thanks

Please be careful with requests for someone to help you make payments, while you payback conveniently. If most of y'all will remember @canadiannurse bashing one moniker '@john2017' for offering to help anyone with payment of foreign fees(application fee, tuition fee, e.t.c.) easily. I actually vouched for @john2017 then cause he helped with my Humber College Application fee payment then while i paid him the equivalent in naira. Here is the gbege now on myHumber account after paying my tuition deposit of $7,405.50 my balance is $7,300.50;

Account Balance: -$7,300.50

Sep 14, 2017 - Wire Transfer CAD 20170913 - $7,405.50
Jul 06, 2017 - Penalty for Returned Payment - $30.00
Jul 06, 2017 - International Program App-CHG - $75.00
Jun 12, 2017 - International Program App-PMT - $75.00
Jun 12, 2017 - International Program App-CHG - $75.00

I am just sounding this out immediately so you won't fall victim. I am not entirely sure if @john2017 and his padi applied for return of payment cause have not been able to get to the international center on phone but if na wetin happen, i don lose my money($75 + penalty) and integrity(Humber go don brand me shady).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Abiodunne:
Good morning my people.
Update on my application: Just got a message from CIC this morning asking for a new letter of acceptance.
CONGRATULATIONS BOSS, GOD HAS PERFECTED IT FOR YOU BRO. I had to use Caps cos your case is special. Go and make us proud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Abiodunne:

spring 2018
Bro hope you have asked your school for a new offer letter? Cos you can get it now (that's if you haven't gotten it yet). cic can give you your trv this month then you can decide to either travel to Canada now or wait till next year before you move. Congratulations once again bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
skylar2020:
Hello house. Please I need the address and phone number of the children practice center for medicals and a lagoon address for police report. Thanks in advance
If it is for booking of appointment you don't need it, just go there around 8am and they will attend to you. You can get their number using Google search "type their name and you should get their details"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
skylar2020:
Please is this the correct visa officer address a bank reference letter should be addressed to

The Visa Officer,
High Commissioner of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island Lagos,
Nigeria.
"Deputy high commission"

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.