Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828179 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello everyone. I have a question to ask...if one pays a year tuition fee and has living expenses in his dorm account, will it count as money lodging if big money enters your sponsor account some weeks or days before you submit your application​.

If it is money lodgement, will my sponsor explaining the sources of the funds in her account solve the issue. I await your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ceslause: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi. You can apply for study permit with the conditional admission letter...just make sure you attach a copy of your transcript to prove to the VO you can fulfill the condition.

damLaney:
Good Evening House,

I have a little challenge that I need your advise on. I got
a conditional admission and was asked to send my transcripts which I sent. I was later asked to submit a notarized copy of my certificate which I also sent and kept tracking via dhl. It had gotten there since Monday and I sent a follow up mail on Wednesday with no response. I later spoke with the lady in charge today who later confirmed that she just received it now and is working on it. She says it's takes 5 days or a couple of weeks for the hold on my admission to be removed.

I'm bothered because time is against me as September is gradually coming to an end. My original offer letter is the only thing delaying the application of my visa. To crown it all I live outside of Lagos and my boss has given me just 2 days (Monday and Tuesday) to round up with whatever I'm doing and rush back to work.

Please is it safe to apply for my study permit with my conditional offer letter in this scenario?
Is there any other option?
Is there any email I could write to that can add my new unconditional offer letter to my visa application after I've applied?

Thanks guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2017
abestine:

Sorry for your delay fellow mathematician. I don't know how robust your SOP is concerning relating mathematics to scientific computing, but I think you really have to work on that.

Let me use myself as a case study, I did industrial mathematics first degree, statistics second degree and going for MSc biostatistics in Tue department of Community health science, which isn't too smooth for someone who doesn't know the terrain. I actually applied for a PhD but was granted a MSc admission. My GI st denial was partly due to the fact that I tried to conceal the fact that my admission didn't not merit a PhD so that the VO will not see it as a red flag, still it was seen as one.

When I reapplied, I took my time to research into relating mathematics to statistics and then to biostatistics and explain reason why I was given a MSc admission instead of PhD that I applied and how my supervisor had advice I accept the admission to be able to do some prerequisite in epidemiology which is score course in biostatistics in the department of community health sciences where my admission letter came from.

I also used a letter of explanation to stress the relationship between between my previous academic degrees and my prospective degree in Canada.

You can try that, with God's favor it will fly, you can reach me on abestine@gmail.com if you require fine tuning your SOP or need my sample as guide... Ire o

Thank you Bro. ,

I will work things out with the assistance of our Gurus in the house . I will pm you soon .

While I wait for my gcms notes for detail reason for denial, I will forward my previous SOP to you and other Gurus for further review.

My Regards to You.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 5:43am On Sep 16, 2017
yamen21:
Please somebody should help Here. Thanks

This is my first post here in this thread.
If you haven't apply for the gems file yet i will do that for you for free......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Perfect1989: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2017
Hello gurus in the house I have a sensitive question to ask....my sister wanna travel to Canada to further studies and as we all know Canadian school don't accept a 2'2 for master coz she had a 2.96 as her total cgpa and from my findings I hardly see universities in Canada that offer a postraguade diploma in English and international studies,most schools are found are colleges ...please whats the chances of one getting a study permit for a pdg programe in a college in Canada and most of the pdgs are just one year....your prompt response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by deolutolu(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2017
thesoj:
long post alert

Format of "Letter of Clarification" after insufficient funds denial.
Please do not copy this exactly because other readers will too, and the VO may stop taking letters with this format seriously after he/she has seen it too many times.

cc: Alantobie, Arebo

Good morning baba thesoj. I appreciate your immense contributions on this forum. I have few questions,I hope you'll be able to find time out of your busy schedule to answer them. I was denied last month based on purpose of visit and travel history. I already ordered my gcms note. On seeing this letter of clarification, I thought to myself if I can adopt same, however streamlined to my situation. Also, my application was 3 months old before I was delayed last time, will I get a faster response this time as I have a winter resumption date? If you can give me tips on how to get a fast response, I will appreciate. Though I plan to do upfront medical. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rkly1: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2017
Good morning All, Honestly I commend the Good work happening in this Forum. It is invaluable. I am new to the forum but have been a silent reader for sometime, This forum pulsate with Intellectuals of the highest level and I am awed everytime I read the responses. Please I am a prospective MSc student for MSVU Canada. My question is regarding accommodation. I will be going with my son and need affordable and conducive off campus option. Pls I will appreciate sincere and honest suggestions as we are at the stage of fine tuning our plans. My family is concerned as this is a very important aspect thus my expressing my need here right away. My email is Kelinkel4christ@gmail. com. looking forward to your responses. Thanks and God bless you All.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 10:47am On Sep 16, 2017
Good morning house,
I need your suggestions and advice. I have secured fully funded m.sc position on vaccinology and immunotherapics at in U of Saskatchewan in starting January 2018. I am gathering my documents for study permit but my concerns are how to prove my home ties and gap between my youth service year to this year. I graduated in microbiology 2013 and did my service in 2014. I worked briefly with a private university in 2015. (Feb-may) before enrolling in m.sc environmental microbiology in one of Nigerian public University.i have defended my thesis but Senate yet to approve my results due to lingering ASUU strike. Currently I am unemployed . I am also worried if the V. O will have issue of me going for another m.sc , what can I use for my home ties and it's my admission letter for environmental microbiology enough to present as time lapse.
Gurus in the house. I need your suggestions and advice.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dennisworld1(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2017
Pls house is urgent. Do i need TOEFL score to study for graduate program in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dennisworld1(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2017
Also pls which college or university in canada have the cheapest tuition fee for me to study msc public administration. So i can know were to start from. I Need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:
Also pls which college or university in canada have the cheapest tuition fee for me to study msc public administration. So i can know were to start from. I Need help

Start from www.google.com

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by pvc4real: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
dannydenzy:
Good morning house,
I need your suggestions and advice. I have secured fully funded m.sc position on vaccinology and immunotherapics at in U of Saskatchewan in starting January 2018. I am gathering my documents for study permit but my concerns are how to prove my home ties and gap between my youth service year to this year. I graduated in microbiology 2013 and did my service in 2014. I worked briefly with a private university in 2015. (Feb-may) before enrolling in m.sc environmental microbiology in one of Nigerian public University.i have defended my thesis but Senate yet to approve my results due to lingering ASUU strike. Currently I am unemployed . I am also worried if the V. O will have issue of me going for another m.sc , what can I use for my home ties and it's my admission letter for environmental microbiology enough to present as time lapse.
Thank you

Congratulations on your Admission and funding from UofSask. For your TRV APP, I assume u not married and thus National population birth certificates for your siblings and parents possibly should fly to show family ties (International passports are easily verifiable); then any land properties you have here in Nigeria ranging from Landed properties, Shares etc will also show strong ties to home country.

Now, if I am in your shoes which I am not, I will not state my M.Sc. program in my TRV application to avoid the problem of the V.O. thinking aloud why u want another M.Sc (though this can be explained with a good SOP) but I would rather convince one of close lecturers to issue me a reference letter stating I have been his/her research assistants for the duration your desire and how he referenced you to study your new program. This letter should cover ur issue of being unemployed for sometime now.

This is my thought but I pray Maziude, Austinepe and the other gurus in the house will come to your rescue timely.

Congrats on securing funding again. Really happy for you. U have to apply this month please, January is not far again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mbambah1: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello Guyz, Pls I need people who has gone through similar scenario to advice me; I got refused of study visa on August 2nd due to insufficient fund;
Q1: Does it Mean I have only the funding to worry about?
Q2 :my sponsor doesn't have money currently in his account but had a good transaction history, because it's stuck in a government project, it paid tuition deposit of 2000CAD to Memorial University of Newfoundland, if I can Mobilize like 5mill for my sponsor to transfer to my acct as fund for living expenses and tuition balance, is it a head way?
Q3 : Since I used the above mentioned sponsor for first application, will using entirely different sponsor contradict the application.
Q4: having the money I Mobilized for my sponsor transferred into my naira account with no good history, is it going to raise an eyebrow?

Thanks and hope you do come with meaningful contributions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
dannydenzy:
Good morning house,
Thank you

First of all congrats over your admission and full scholarship. I have full scholarship from the University of Saskatchewan too. It's like they have much money to give out to international students.

All jokes aside, you do not need to worry about any gaps in your education as long as you explain what you were up to in those time gaps. I observed they are very keen on gaps, I had a gap of two months from when I returned back to Nigeria and did nothing, but just chilling and catching up on family life. The VAC staff would tolerate no gaps left blank and made me refill my form twice accounting for those gaps and what I was doing. That is one of the benefits of doing paperoute than online application. You get guidance, while online there is no guidance, you are left susceptible to your own whims and caprice.

A second masters instead of a PHD always brings concern about purpose of study to the VOs. But I am confident that as a fully funded prospective student, you can demonstrate to the VO your passion for studies and what made you choose a second masters instead of PHD. Do not try to feign an excuse, come out clean. Tell them why you have chosen the field of study, why in Canada and how what you are studying will be an investment in the future of our country.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by osabo4000: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2017
good pm every body i am new here, pls which of the university is currently given scholarship in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dennisworld1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
maziude:

Start from www.google.com
i know google before i ask here. Atlist your experience will put new comers through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:
i know google before i ask here. Atlist your experience will put new comers through.

smiley
That's the best advice you can get for now or else people will just ignore your question.

No offence, he's just giving you a candid and one of the best advice.

So try Google like he said and you will find it very easy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:

Boss,
There is a difference between knowing and using. Did you search with google? If you did, what response did you get from google? You can bring the result of your search here, then people can advise you but no one knows any cheap school for your course as the word cheap is subjective.

We are all eager to help you but our hands are tied since we have no idea what you want specifically.

Do you need TOEFL for graduate studies, it depends on the school you intend attending, this still brings us back to you searching through google first for school that meets your budget.

I am sorry if my earlier response was condescending.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
osabo4000:
good pm every body i am new here, pls which of the university is currently given scholarship in canada

Boss,
Scholarship for what? Undergraduate or graduate studies? Which course? Mass communication or zoology? Which semester, first or second semester?

Also check with www.google.com

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
jnyuwa02:

First of all congrats over your admission and full scholarship. I have full scholarship from the University of Saskatchewan too. It's like they have much money to give out to international students.

All jokes aside, you do not need to worry about any gaps in your education as long as you explain what you were up to in those time gaps. I observed they are very keen on gaps, I had a gap of two months from when I returned back to Nigeria and did nothing, but just chilling and catching up on family life. The VAC staff would tolerate no gaps left blank and made me refill my form twice accounting for those gaps and what I was doing. That is one of the benefits of doing paperoute than online application. You get guidance, while online there is no guidance, you are left susceptible to your own whims and caprice.

A second masters instead of a PHD always brings concern about purpose of study to the VOs. But I am confident that as a fully funded prospective student, you can demonstrate to the VO your passion for studies and what made you choose a second masters instead of PHD. Do not try to feign an excuse, come out clean. Tell them why you have chosen the field of study, why in Canada and how what you are studying will be an investment in the future of our country.

Good one boss.

@dannydenzy, you have nothing to worry about. Just explain in your SOP the need for the second master and you are good to go. Every application is treated uniquely...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dennisworld1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2017
maziude:

Boss,
There is a difference between knowing and using. Did you search with google? If you did, what response did you get from google? You can bring the result of your search here, then people can advise you but no one knows any cheap school for your course as the word cheap is subjective.

We are all eager to help you but our hands are tied since we have no idea what you want specifically.

Do you need TOEFL for graduate studies, it depends on the school you intend attending, this still brings us back to you searching through google first for school that meets your budget.

I am sorry if my earlier response was condescending.
nice response thanks. Will search
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dennisworld1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
guzenaira:

smiley
That's the best advice you can get for now or else people will just ignore your question.

No offence, he's just giving you a candid and one of the best advice.

So try Google like he said and you will find it very easy.
have ask google. Bulky decision. Making me confused for which is cheap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
CATESTIMONYMIDE:

This is my first post here in this thread.
If you haven't apply for the gems file yet i will do that for you for free......

Hi.... Pls how can u help request for gcms note... My email is stadia226@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
abestine:

Sorry for your delay fellow mathematician. I don't know how robust your SOP is concerning relating mathematics to scientific computing, but I think you really have to work on that.

Let me use myself as a case study, I did industrial mathematics first degree, statistics second degree and going for MSc biostatistics in Tue department of Community health science, which isn't too smooth for someone who doesn't know the terrain. I actually applied for a PhD but was granted a MSc admission. My GI st denial was partly due to the fact that I tried to conceal the fact that my admission didn't not merit a PhD so that the VO will not see it as a red flag, still it was seen as one.

When I reapplied, I took my time to research into relating mathematics to statistics and then to biostatistics and explain reason why I was given a MSc admission instead of PhD that I applied and how my supervisor had advice I accept the admission to be able to do some prerequisite in epidemiology which is score course in biostatistics in the department of community health sciences where my admission letter came from.

I also used a letter of explanation to stress the relationship between between my previous academic degrees and my prospective degree in Canada.

You can try that, with God's favor it will fly, you can reach me on abestine@gmail.com if you require fine tuning your SOP or need my sample as guide... Ire o

Hi.... Pls kindly email me your number..... Sent a mail to u.... stadia226@gmail.com..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:
Pls house is urgent. Do i need TOEFL score to study for graduate program in canada
depends on the program and school you want to attend but it is generally required. the two mostly taken tests for english language proficiency are TOEFL and IELTS.
cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
Stadiax:

Hi.... Pls kindly email me your number..... Sent a mail to u.... stadia226@gmail.com..thanks

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
dennisworld1:
the cheaper ones are those that are not in metropolitan cities usually but not always.
i would start with schools in Quebec and Saskatchewan.
heads up though ......cheap is relative
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Stadiax:

I have just bin delayed for the third time.. Guess Canada is not for everyone..... Reasons are not satisfied I will return to my country based on purpose of visit, travel history and personal n financial status.... I paid some funds to the school and also got full funding ..i applied on July 14.....guess is time to move on. Painful... Thanks house
sorry bruh....
did you apply to a college or a university?
sorry didn't follow your story there and I'm too lazy to scroll up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stadiax: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=eastafro post=60521471]
sorry bruh....
did you apply to a college or a university?
sorry didn't follow your story there and I'm too lazy to scroll up [/quote
I applied for to a university.... Msc.... My first two applications were to d same university but no funding.. It was the third one... I was able to get full funding from d same school..... They refused my apps earlier based on the fact thatvi won't be able to pay school fees but now they have changed it....
I have a master degree already... Mayb that's d reason for d purpose of study... Sincerely I am just tired and angry.. Just feel like sending a stinker to dem.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ajibolag(m): 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Abeg Sir, can I have ur email? want to ask some questions. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2017
Itwell bro,we are still waiting since may17,2017, uote author=Stadiax post=60522038][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.