Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828482 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2017
Phocusjosh:

I didn't get your mail bro. I tried your number severally but couldn't get through. Hope you're good?
Whatsaap me
As per TRV, no response till date
OK baba i go ring your line soon. Stay positive always.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Staying in the USA after graduation is very difficult. Except you show to the government that you are a person of extraordinary talent or a company that cannot find an American employee, sponsors you to work for them. The USA does not give a rat ass your degrees, they kick you out of the country when you are done studying. Canada on the other hand, has provincial programs meant to attract and keep graduates of its universities.

Finally on a lighter tone, USA has hotter babes than Canada. If you are into black women or men, USA has a lot of African Americans. Finding your kind in Canada is very few and far between.

Are you saying the US has no incentive At ALL to keep international students - like the post graduate work permit?
As per scholarships, where can one look?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chukzyfcbb: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
GREGORIAN:
thanks...but my assistance in passing the exam is based on experience nothing else....of coz every wise man will have to study very hard to defend himself, if the exam has 30 questions...the material has 800 question....so 30 questions picked at random from the material....thatz y itz called dumps....if youve writen an IT exam you should know the setting....for example microsoft has a site were there prep questions can be downloaded..n same questions are set..supposed questions in exam is very normal itz called dumps also known as past questions..i cant be sure of the exam questions that will come out..na me they set the exam...i just adviced they shud write the exam sharp so the dumps questions wont change...this is same format i was helped by an unknown public person
bros abeg reply my pm.
I need the PDFs and dumps for the said courses.
I am in a Whatsapp tech group where lots of Indians have multiple ccie.
When I ask them how they did it, tell just tell me study dumps and review the lab question.

Now because India is very competitive, They need these certificates quickly to break even but the knowledge is what will get you the job no doubt.

The certificate is just a crowd control to get you to the interview stage, what you know will certainly be the deciding factor to getting the job, However that's to say Dumps can help u get the certificate faster, which I need know for the study travel processing.

pls reply my pm once again for the materials

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol smiley Abeggg ooooo, it is just to lessen the tension that comes with TRV approval and make this place a little bit lively. I'm very sure that they are just joking.
Joke ke? Men of Buhari's era don't joke. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Augustinecu:
Hi everyone,

VFS Abuja called a friend of mine telling him that his passport was uncollected for more than 20 days and it has been returned back to the embassy. But he was not told whether it is Lagos or Accra embassy. He applied for study permit. He has tried severally to reach vfs but to no avail.

Please who has experienced this and which embassy did you colect the passport? Did you visit the embassy without an appointment?

Thanks.
You friend should visit VFS office and hear what the have to say as regards retrieving the passport back from the embassy. Normally,it is only sent back to the embassy for safety purposes after an applicant fail to pick it up at VFS. Once he is able to contact the visa office through their email address, they will instruct him on how to get the passport back. He won't be needing an appointment with the embassy, the passport will be sent back to VFS and will be collected there.

Again, your friend should go to VFS office in person. They will advise better on the procedure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Augustinecu: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

You friend should visit VFS office and hear what the have to say as regards retrieving the passport back from the embassy. Normally,it is only sent back to the embassy for safety purposes after an applicant fail to pick it up at VFS. Once he is able to contact the visa office through their email address, they will instruct him on how to get the passport back. He won't be needing an appointment with the embassy, the passport will be sent back to VFS and will be collected there.

Again, your friend should go to VFS office in person. They will advise better on the procedure.

Thanks Austinpee4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
emeify:

Are you saying the US has no incentive At ALL to keep international students - like the post graduate work permit?
As per scholarships, where can one look?

There is nothing like a post graduate work permit. There is an OPT, Optional Practical Training program that allows international students one year to stay in the United States, but after that, they have to leave. If you want to stay permanently, the only incentive is a visa for people of exceptional ability or an H-1B visa for a skill like aerospace physics or computer engineering, etc, where a U.S. citizen cannot be found to have the skill. Both are extremely difficult to get.

You can find scholarship everywhere in the U.S. I did my undergrad at Bowdoin, then Reed College, on full scholarship. You might to want to check them out and too many other schools too, if you are undergrad. There are many scholarships too for graduate students and they are easier to get than undergraduate scholarships. A scHool is not a school without aid for its graduates. Almost every school in the U.S. has scholarship to aid graduate students because research is big with U.S. schools. Only problem with graduate scholarships in the USA is they are usually in the form of a little stipend, work and teach assistantship. Many support themselves on the three combination. It's as good as a full scholarship. The only difference is you have to work.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Geedhey(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
GREGORIAN:
you need to write the exam b4 15/11/2017....ive sent to ur mail....3 sections...itz the real questions you should mit in the exam[
bro.. plz i would like to ask if i could get the GRE prep material from you plz.
babageedhey@gmail.com
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
TheGreat342:
Hello Flosure,

I was refused/denied Canadian visa twice and I tried US once and I was approved in a minute of my interview with the VO. I think God is speaking to you but you're not hearing HIM. US might be your way. Try US and your dream will be fulfilled and you can enter Canada from US if you like.

To everyone who wait to hear from Canadian Embassy for at-least two months on the decision on your application. Keep the faith alive and be hopeful but I will advise/advice instead of waiting at least two months, try US and VO doesn't take forever to decide on your application.

#My one Kobo

Been a silent Reader, is it possible to do msc in USA, then proceed to Canada for phd, finally still get Canadian permanent Residency, Can you apply the Phd in canny from usa towards the end of the program or you would come back to Nigeria, to apply from here.

Thanks, patiently waiting for your response smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
thesoj:

Actually it isn't a double standard. The VO knows that most Nigerian study permit applicants are likely to apply for PGWP and then get PR after their studies. They aren't stupid.

What the VO needs to know is whether you are the kind of person that would leave Canada "at the end of an authorized stay", e.g. will you go back to Naija if you don't get PGWP? will you go back to Naija if you don't get PR?

Since your application is for a study permit TRV, the VO is looking to you to convince him/her that you have very strong ties to Nigeria that would incentivize you to return to Nigeria if you can't legally stay in Canada anymore. At the time of your application, "end of authorized stay" is end of your studies. The onus is purely on you to convince the VO; this is how Canadian immigration law is written.

It is my opinion that the VO is more lenient with applicants who present themselves as organized, brilliant*, and visionary. You can have a third class and impress the VO mightily with the way you think and present your ambitions on how you would use your Canada education in Nigeria. Canadians want to keep improving their country, and would be more likely to approve a visa for an applicant that would be an asset to Canada.

Quick story: when I was in grad school in the US, a fellow grad student friend of mine went back home to the US embassy in Naija to renew his student visa. The VO asked him if he was coming back to Nigeria after his studies, my friend said "I don't know". The VO still approved his visa. While this is an extremely risky thing for an applicant to have said, my friend was at the time simultaneously a medical student and a PhD student (Google: "MD-PhD" ) at a Top-10 US university. The VO knew that my friend would be a significant asset to the US, so he still approved the visa.

Make it very difficult for the VO to deny you. It's a lot of work to pull this off if you are a complex applicant, but it's possible. Edited: I know someone, with a low 2:2, no job & no personal assets, who got approved for a TRV this year. He put together an amazing application. You can too.

*By brilliant, I'm not referring to your CPGA. I am referring to the way you present yourself to the VO.
Been a silent reader for sometime now, the person with 2.2 did he go for msc or pgd or pgc, Am curious!
What university?

you stated you did graduate studies in the USA, can you please explain how you ended up in Canada, is it through phd? is it possible incase one didn't succeed in the Canadian dream, can such person try Usa, come to Canada to do Phd and still end up with PR

don't mind my numerous questions!!

Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Well said! In addition to the bolded, Canadian schools offer fully funded scholarships to graduate students. To get full funding as a master's degree student in the United States is a herculean task. Most of the funding packages in the United States are in form of graduate assistantships or research assistantships.

Cc: Philadelphia
Hi,

i keep reading about full funding for msc students in Canada, i never seen someone a 2.2 graduate secure such funding here,can you please explain how possible it is for a 2.2 graduate to get admission and secure such funding
ps:No one here has ever explained this stuff in the real sense, i just keep reading don't go for pgd or pgc(never see any college with funding for pgd or pgc, still searching tho) stuffs like that, is it that no 2.2 naija graduate has gotten admission for msc in Canada before?

A silent but bothered reader here
Anticipating your reply smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dtush(f): 4:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello House,

Please i need your advise.

My younger brother's application was just refused and below is the reason it was refused.Those were the only ticked stataments

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:
have submitted written documentation from the educational institution at which you intend to study
that states that you have been accepted to study there
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees
for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of
transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

We submitted his own bank statement with balance of 5m, my own investment statements worth 6m and proof that we paid his school fees to the tune of 6000 CAD. although of the 2m in his account, 2m was a gift for which our aunt signed the gift deed and we included transfer slip.

I am the sole sponsor as our parents are late. I didnt submit my own bank statement though. so i am thinking of resuming it with a balance of 3m in it alongside other things we submitted before, which includes landed documents of our parents and how much we get from it. His school resumes Jan 2018. what is the way forward.

Undergraduate studies. i was thinking we should reapply and since i didnt submit my own statement the first time around. i should submit it this time around
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by TheGreat342: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, you can apply from US towards the end of your masters program in the US.

eldee365:

Been a silent Reader, is it possible to do msc in USA, then proceed to Canada for phd, finally still get Canadian permanent Residency, Can you apply the Phd in canny from usa towards the end of the program or you would come back to Nigeria, to apply from here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
TheGreat342:
Yeah, you can apply from US towards the end of your masters program in the US.

And still end up having Canadian permanent residency? phd is three years right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ohizzyy7: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
dtush:
Hello House,

My younger brother's application was just refused and below is the reason it was refused.Those were the only ticked stataments

[b]Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that
you:
Sorry about the delay, anything about finance without funding from the school should be 10m above because the exchange rate now is between 280 to 300.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dtush(f): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
ohizzyy7:

Sorry about the delay, anything about finance without funding from the school should be 10m above because the exchange rate now is between 280 to 300.

But he had 5m in his own account and I submitted investment advice of 6m and we already paid school fees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
dtush:

But he had 5m in his own account and I submitted investment advice of 6m and we already paid school fees

when did you submit his application?

How much is his tuition fees?

Did you write any Statement of purpose?

You said you are his sole sponsor, are you married or better put, how many dependant do you have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ogunesan(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
@ jnyuwa02 please can I message you?it's about SOP

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
ogunesan:
@ jnyuwa02 please can I message you?it's about SOP

Sure it is Jnyuwa02@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by garuskoko(m): 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=flosure post=61418321][/quote]

Just curious, second and third notes says no LOA provided, isn't LOA letter of acceptance? Isn't that supposed to be the "admission letter". If it is, didn't the applicant include this is the application package? Thought that would be the first thing in the package. Pardon my ignorance guys!!�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dtush(f): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
matic12:

when did you submit his application? Sept 13

How much is his tuition fees? 7600 and we paid 6000

Did you write any Statement of purpose? He wrote one. I had some guru's here help us review

You said you are his sole sponsor, are you married or better put, how many dependant do you have? I am separated and I have one dependent. Of which I explained that her dat is financial responsible for her. I submitted my offer letter from work. Salary breakdown, reference letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dtush(f): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
garuskoko:

Just curious, second and third notes says no LOA provided, isn't LOA letter of acceptance? Isn't that supposed to be the "admission letter". If it is, didn't the applicant include this is the application package? Thought that would be the first thing in the package. Pardon my ignorance guys!!�

We submitted admission letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
dtush:
Hello House,

So sorry about the delay. sad Can you still include him in your application for the other stuff?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol@Men of Buhari's era. smiley grin Anyway, I appreciate your kind words. smiley

@GlitteringStar I commend ur manner of response, kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 8:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
I've been seeing people posts about refusal of visa since on this thread, someone should post the good news na

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
eldee365:

You can go to do PHd in Canada directly from the USA if you are on a student visa and not tourist visa. You don't need to come back to Nigeria. And yes you can apply for PR even before you get to Canada. If you qualify now or after you finish your masters or Phd, you will get it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
eldee365:

Hi,

i keep reading about full funding for msc students in Canada, i never seen someone a 2.2 graduate secure such funding here,can you please explain how possible it is for a 2.2 graduate to get admission and secure such funding
ps:No one here has ever explained this stuff in the real sense, i just keep reading don't go for pgd or pgc(never see any college with funding for pgd or pgc, still searching tho) stuffs like that, is it that no 2.2 naija graduate has gotten admission for msc in Canada before?

A silent but bothered reader here
Anticipating your reply smiley

You cannot get funding with a GPA of 2.2. Funding is usually competitive and you have to come with all daggers ready to do damage by massively impressing an admission committee. It's not easy to get funding, but you can try. I think they say don't go for PGD because of the alarming rate of denial with this kind of admission, based on purpose of visit. If you have what it takes and feel passionate about learning and helping others, it will definitely show in your application and you might have a shot at admission. There is so much more to life, so much more to admission than simply one's GPA. Go for it and come back and share your testimony.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dtush(f): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

So sorry about the delay. embarassed Can you still include him in your application for the other stuff?

My sister. I am scared to ni. Cos I am not sure it's allowed. I even have letters and funds ready to include him as I am his legal dependent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olamideadeagbo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Any tips that can help me to get 8 points in ielts exam

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.